Useless Fact of The Day!

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

There are more plastic flamingos in America than real ones.

It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw up. The frog throws up its stomach first, so the stomach is dangling out of its mouth. Then the frog uses its forearms to dig out all of the stomach's contents and then swallows the stomach back down again.

The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.

Flesh

Banned
</em ponders>
Do I want to ask for an explanation on how the crocodile thingy works? oO

Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
Ele said:
It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw up. The frog throws up its stomach first, so the stomach is dangling out of its mouth. Then the frog uses its forearms to dig out all of the stomach's contents and then swallows the stomach back down again.

If only humans did that aswell, man what a show.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Smurflord said:
I dispute this. I seriously doubt a blue whale can jump.
I love a challenge!

From here:http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/3785/bluewhale.html

"Length:up to 90 feet
Weight: up to 150 tons
Number of young:1
Home:eek:ceans of the Southern hemisphere

Put 22 elephants on one side of a balance scale and the blue whale on the other, and the blue whale will weigh more. It is the largest and heaviest animal that has ever existed. Each day, it eats 2 ton of small shellfish called krill. Even though it so big and heavy, the blue whale can jump out of the water, swim on its back, and dive very deep. What's more, this heavyweight swims at speeds of up to 20 miles per hour. When whalers got fast boats and harpoon guns, blue whales became major targets. As a result, these giant whales became very rare. "

google power! ;)

There has to be more than 1 animal though, surely a sloth can't jump? it's never had to and has anyone seen it doing a jump?

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
The longest recorded tapeworm found in the human body was 33 metres in length.

amagaaaaaaaaad thats mingin

Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
Brynn said:
The longest recorded tapeworm found in the human body was 33 metres in length.

amagaaaaaaaaad thats mingin

Fucking hell !
Thats seriously gross :puke:

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Most lipstick contains fish scales! :(

Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them. mmm I know a few people who'll never make N.A.S.A then.

Shaeffer

Dear Little Mite
Ele said:
Most lipstick contains fish scales! :(

Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them. mmm I know a few people who'll never make N.A.S.A then.

like....you? :p

The term 'News' is actually an acronym for North East West South...and was supposed to signify that information was being gathered from all 4 corners

Shaeffer

Dear Little Mite
Kami said:
I love a challenge!

From here:http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/3785/bluewhale.html

"Length:up to 90 feet
Weight: up to 150 tons
Number of young:1
Home:eek:ceans of the Southern hemisphere

Put 22 elephants on one side of a balance scale and the blue whale on the other, and the blue whale will weigh more. It is the largest and heaviest animal that has ever existed. Each day, it eats 2 ton of small shellfish called krill. Even though it so big and heavy, the blue whale can jump out of the water, swim on its back, and dive very deep. What's more, this heavyweight swims at speeds of up to 20 miles per hour. When whalers got fast boats and harpoon guns, blue whales became major targets. As a result, these giant whales became very rare. "

google power! ;)

There has to be more than 1 animal though, surely a sloth can't jump? it's never had to and has anyone seen it doing a jump?

id actually like to see a tortoise jump

or a snail

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
giraffes cant jump either?'

i heard that if a giraaffe falls over it cant get up again or something

unless it 'sits' in some special way?

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Shaeffer said:
does private count when youre with us lot?? :p

That wasn't me..that was my cat :(

MOVING SWIFTLY ON

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words.

Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
Ele said:
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words.

Kinda dumb isnt it? Those suffering from it can't tell people the medical term without being scared shitless. :rolleyes:

swords

Can't get enough of FH
like Dyslexia in many respects.
being so awkward to spell and all :p

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
LMAO This one made me laugh

Shakespeare invented the word "assassination" and "bump."

So next time you get flamed for bumping a thread you can safely say you were promoting historical literary content on the forum.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
:eek: some of this stuff is evil...(disclaimer: i will not be responsible for any harm to seagulls after posting this)

If you feed a seagull Alka-Seltzer, its stomach will explode.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
A dandelion is actually a corruption of "dent de lion" or "lion's teeth" because the shape of the leaves looks a little like teeth. Ironically, in france the same plant's name translated to "piss your pants" due to the diuretic effect of the leaves when eaten.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
It was her...

I'd better not say that actually.

No i borrowed my next door neighbours cat ><...no no on 2nd thoughts it was the seagull Smurflord gave Alka Seltzer to :D

and OOOOOO

When we visit toilets, bathrooms, hotel rooms, changing rooms, etc., how many of you know for sure that the seemingly ordinary mirror hanging on the wall is a real mirror, or actually a two-way mirror?? Just conduct this simple test: Place the tip of your fingernail against the reflective surface and if there is a GAP between your fingernail and the image of the nail, then it is a GENUINE mirror. However, if your fingernail DIRECTLY TOUCHES the image of your nail, then BEWARE, for it is a two-way mirror.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
mmm I know he has a thing for squirrels :D

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Dunno if it's already been said but:

The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer.

How's that for an act of God?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The banana is a herb, oh and the crane fly story, about strongest venom, is an urban myth, they have hardly any venom at all.
Oh and crane flys aren't really daddy long legs as we all like to call them, the daddy long legs is a very long legged tiny spider.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
fart facts

Fart facts

Rates vary, but generally most people fart more than ten and fewer than twenty tunes each day. The quantity is said to be enough to blow up one small balloon.

The temperature of your fart is 98.6 degrees, the same as your body should be.

The Yanomami, an Indian tribe in South America, use farting as a greeting.

One serious study on the differences between the sexes concerning their eructation habits found mat when fed the exact same food, women have more concentrated gas than men, or "a greater odor intensity."

Less than 1 percent of a fart is made up of the chemicals that stink, but they're so pungent that people can smell them at levels of 1 part in 100 million.

Each volley of farts consists of about 9 percent carbon dioxide and 7 percent methane, two gases that contribute to global warming.

Farts are created mostly by E. coli and other bacteria that are microfarting inside of you.

The world's greatest contemporary farter is said to be an eleven-year-old who farted 217 times in five minutes on a radio call-in show.

Farts have been clocked at 10 feet per second.

All taken from here

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom