Useless Fact of The Day!

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Binky the Bomb said:
Actually, certain apple seeds contain cyanide.
If you ever eat one, it's shell is usually think enough to withstand stomach acid. However, if you can prepare one "just right" you can poison someone with it, and have them cover up the evidence for you.....

Wont tell you how though.

I thought you actually had to eat the equivalent of about 1/2 a cup of apple seeds for it to be fatal? well anyway I vaguely remember hearing that the only documented cases were when some lad ate a whole cup of apple seeds or some grandma made an apple seed pie.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Binky the Bomb said:
Actually, certain apple seeds contain cyanide.
If you ever eat one, it's shell is usually think enough to withstand stomach acid. However, if you can prepare one "just right" you can poison someone with it, and have them cover up the evidence for you.....

Wont tell you how though.

That's why I always get stomich-ache after drinking apple-juice!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
http://www.amusingfacts.com/ said:
The most senior crayon maker Emerson Moser retired after making 1.4 billion crayons for Crayola. It was then that he revealed that he was actually colorblind.
made me laugh :p

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
there's a star in the constellation of pegasus called Tenma. Tenma is the Japanese word for Pegasus. how lucky was that eh?

there are 11 known planets we know about in the solar system we live in.. maybes even 12.. some debate about that.

i got more but its late. i knew about the daddy longs legs one tho Ele.. quite odd aint it :)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
there's a state in the usa (forget which one) where its illegal to take a lion to the cinema.

in the uk.. its illegal to be drunk in a pub.

the most runs scored from 1 ball in a competitive match of cricket is 276.

hull city is the only professional football team in england where if u typed the team name it capital.. u couldnt colour the letters in. (can colour in O and R for example)

the longest punt by any philadelphia eagles player (american football) wasnt recorded by the teams kicker.. it was by their quarterback.. randall cunningham.. 91 yards if memory serves..

in 2001, dance act Chicane were nominated for best newcomer award in the Brit awards.. a full 5 years after achieving a top 10 hit with Offshore.

Diana Ross has never wrote any of her own songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom