Use Your Brains! What was your first DAoC Character?

Tosen

Part of the furniture
"The story started with Guardians of Albion, or Gods of Albion, I'm not quite sure actualy. I just remember me making the first Tosen on Albion/Prydwen, he was an earth theurgist actualy, like my newest character - Luchas.

I had just taken a horse from Campacorentin Station to West Downs, as I got a message: [You have been invited....bla bla bla] and I had no idea what that meant, so I just pressed Accept, and a few weeks later, I made a new character and started the guild, "Crusaders of Denmark" which was a major flop as I knew nothing. It was just me and a mate who was running around feeling special with a newest emblem sponsored by some mincer called Taxi I think.

I then had a few months break from the guild, and when I started again, I rerolled a wizard called Tosen, which was the current main I have. And this is where I met the lovely bunch of The Grey Company, this is truely where I was at home, and I stuck with this guild for quite a few years, untill it was split, and I joined Knights of The Round Table.

Knights of The Round Table was surely a nice bunch aswell, lots of lovely people, and many have become close and dear friends. But their goals were not the same as mine, so I chose to move the main part of my characters to Phoenix Legion, where some of my TGC mates are, and 2 characters into the PvE specific guild, Golem Girls." - Toby

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Sethan knows for sure but I think it was an Dwarf warrior on Excalibur Beta. for some reason I forgot name :/

Iphis

Fledgling Freddie
My first char in beta was a half ice/fire briton wizzy :D i got to lvl 5 b4 realising i had spells (heh fresh from LoM what did i know)

Then moved to hib made a void eld...remeber how annoying it was killing the irewoods near DL, go encumbered so quickly...... so when retail came i made the same voidy with +10str in creation (go me) hes 50 still void and lives in the closet :)

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
beta : sorc to level 42 Haazheel Thorn
live : sorc Haazheel Thorn

easy :)

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
my first char was the healer who woke up in 1.52 after my friends talked me into trying to play daoc:p

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Meruna my thane now lvl 50 and tottaly naked and never logged in, he was supposed to be a zerker but couldnt find the trainer, his starting stat points were 10 char (thought that helped make mobs like you :p) and some others that arn't as funny.

remember it taking me to lvl 20 to realise that when you died you lost con, and you had to buy it back, spent the next 2 weeks farming green con mobs for coin xD good time's.

I can still kinda picture him in his part leather/studded/chain multicoloured armour :D and the first time I unleashed the hammers of dhoom!

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Eld called "Scull" just after release ^^ ...how much i wanted that 50th bolt of oblivion! ..until i realised at L20-ish they didnt land 90% of the time on real people :( ..re-rolled a chanter called... Bebop ^^

on pryd! (RIP pryd!)

Abnormal

Fledgling Freddie
My first character was a firewiz called Elvewyn Rosencratz - which I played with a good friend of mine, Rakdhin Rosencratz! Still got the character, only level 29 tho :f

living

Fledgling Freddie
level 5 thane (some guy had to show me where to train at 5 and he took me to the THANE trainer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), then i rolled a berserker, just because i wanted to wear 2 weapons..

After beta i rolled a RM to lvl 22, then i went with the Berseker again, played him until the 2. LA nerf :)

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
My first char was Barghumm Vapahtaja, Firby Reg-Nurt Druid @ Excal, which I got to level 38 at highest. Lol, I remember it so well how boring it was playing the char, but the other classes didn't start my fire :D

Now, after many phases of shapeshifting, but class always staying the same, Barghumm has turned into a Celt and is @ lvl42, still in Excalibur:)

Ah, the golden days... :worthy:

And I even remember the guys leading Alliance of Power back then: Falador and Kellie! Greets to you guys, if you somehow are reading this forum... Greets goes to other old AoP'ers too, The crazy finns are still here :D

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
my first char, which I made about 5 months after release was ofc my elf eldritch Garbannoch and took me about 2.5 months to get him to level 50. As I was studying back then I had a lot of spare time and spent a lot of it in-game. I didn't even start a second character before the eld was RR10 (about 8 months after it dinged level 50).
Originally he started out as a void eld (yeah was fun getting groups!) and respecced him to mana at RR6. Then he stayed mana till ToA was released.

Flinx

Fledgling Freddie
First Character was Loethecor (Random Name Generator) the Norse Zerker.

Took me to level 6 to realise that mobs conned different colours :)
got to level 20 somehow using a 2 Hander Axe, didn't even use leftaxe.

gave up with him as guild and friends where short on Healers so began the life of
Erhard Fenrirsson Norse master healer, got him to 35 specced in mend, aug, WTF is Pac???

Didn't enjoy him that much so started a Norse Hunter named Flinx specced in sword/bow/beastcraft no stealth:eek7:
Flinx became my first 50 Going through a few guilds on the way.
<Shattered Blades> Friends guild Split off from Aesirs Blades
<Nazgul> Im sure You remember this guild back in the Kilgorde Days, Left when The Kilgorde Split happened
<Death Inc> Small guild started with Splashor and other ex Nazguls.
<Blizzard> Still laugh at how we got the hotdog eating monk as a guild emblem :) And I still have the Sword Splashor got me from DF.
<unguilded> Left for PvP on US for a while
<Veterans> Returned with some friends and started a little friends only guild, Brief Sojurn in <Cutting Edge> but returned.
Flinx is still specced Sword/Bow but dropped Beastcrap and grabbed a bit stealth :)

The Early days are a miss the joy of getting a Twilight Drop in Spindel etc.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
first one was a nightshade which i got to 18, then saw my brother in-law on his spearo, thought that looked pretty good so made a hero, never specced spear though. Got loads of alts to 50 but always end up coming back to the hero.

mze

Fledgling Freddie
First char i rolled on hib pryd a bit after eu release. Was champion named Taf, got him to level 29 or so, much later to lvl 33 :p.

Second char i made was a warden, Aliyah, my first one to reach level 50, not much left of the warden but memories now though :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
My first was Soze an armsman who is now 50. Was duoing with a friend Muerde and talked him into deleting his Pala to make a Armsman too :) He still has not forgiven me.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
First char I ever made was Leyrtens, a Saracen Minstrel. Played in a little group of 4 friends and levelled to about level 30. Didn't touch him for about 18 months while I levelled a Necro, Cleric and Reaver to 50, then went back and finally got Leyrtens 50 :D Still playing him too.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
My first char was Nixxer, firby spearo, started him quite exactly 2 years ago. Played him to 50 before starting any other chars, and he still keeps going strong, just dinged ML3 with him yesterday!

He was pretty much gathering dust in a cellar in Dunshire the last year, but after I kitted him out with some Cata bonuses and decent gear, I found out what a PvE monster a hero can be :p (Can't even imagine how unkillable a s/s pally could be...)

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
In beta I had an avalonian sorc, body spec because I read that it is used to make damage (and it was true! :)) I lvl him to 6 if I remember well :)

camelot_06.jpg

After beta my first char was Tafaya the mighty saracen scout, tallest version because it looks so cool (later I realized that as a stealther it wasn't the brightest idea :)) He is RR6 now and retired.

jiqnox

Fledgling Freddie
First char was my wizz yeq after he hit 50 i kinda stopped playing for a while but he is still around

kalis

Fledgling Freddie
Beta i started out a sorc, deleted that on after i realised sorcs in daoc aint like sorcs in diablo. then rolled wizard. game release i started up the wizard again, still got it. still only level 48 tho :D

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
It all started with my friend playing the beta, and i thought it looked interesting. So i began to play also. And started to make my char called Fettoken, fighter.

Started out inside a tower out in nowhere ;> Ran around hitting some random stuff (Didnt find out how to train or use styles just yet). As i saw screenshots of some plate wearing highlander on the internet, i decided i would get some fancy shining plate too.

So i kept killing small ants and such just to get a few silver coins. And finally, there he was, the plate merchant. :eek2: Wow, now i finally can afford, 5 silver coins.
Couldnt understand how the heck someone could afford something that costed above 10 gold..... :eek7:

I had barely enough money to buy me the most cheap plate helmet, just to discover i couldnt wear it :( ( ahh the pain ): ) Made him a paladin and got him to lvl 15 i think it was. He is lvl 41 or somethin now, but retired.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
My first character and lvl 50 was a druid named Druid Getafix, from the very first day daoc went live after beta :)
For some reason in beta, druids apealed to me because of the pet. Wished I'd started a nightshade then though looking back it must have been real fun before 100's stealth nerfs came and nearly ruined it for stealthers.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
I was told to join daoc from a friend, and he help me out with realm etc

so he told me to go Alb, because they had the best armor...(yay :p)

and what class that would be usefull... cleric !... got him to lvl 14 then I got bored of always dieing beause the tanks didn't know how to take agro hehe

then I made a sorc to level 6 or 7 they because I've played sorcress in Diablo 2 and they were pretty cool :)... but for some reason I made a wiz insted after a bit :p

Freezingwiz xD, Ice specced like sorcs in diablo2 cuz it was super nice, and lvled as ice spec (everyone wanted fire specced wizzies cuz they did better dmg...) even tho I tried to tell that pbaoe was good, I rarely convinsed anyone hehe...
but he is now RR7L3 and have been retired since after I got him ToA'd up and dinged RR7 :p

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
My first char in Beta was an avalonian (!) Paladin called Thorwyn. He made it to level 14. After release, I rolled another Pally with the same name... briton this time though. This one is still dusting away on my account, he´s now serving as a dragon-bashing bot. :(

confused

Can't get enough of FH
1st char on US was a mana chanter
1st on mordred was a mana eldy
1st on excal was a stlong s/s Arms :D
1st on Camlann was a dark sm aka womo

Nightrider

Fledgling Freddie
My first char in beta was a norse thane lvl 20 something.
First on excal was a dwarf healer lvl 50, still alive, but retierd.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I only have two serious characters - being a stubborn git combined with being a bit thick(not a good combination) I tend to stick to one or two and finishing them before deciding if I will try any more.

Ok so first character was a Nightshade that I stubbornly levelled (solo and duo most of the time) to 50 have ToA'ed and ML'ed and just dinged 1k weaponcraft last night.

Second character is a Druid fully sc'ed and ToA'ed (thanks to some very cool friends) she is my main RvR character is ML9 and I love playing her.

Not sure I will do any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom