US Shooting

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Speculation on background of shooter? A liking of Counter Strike perhaps? A sprinkling of GTA:SA?

32 dead according to Fox news atm.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Quite obviously going to be blamed on computer games, I imagine he played one once so it must be them! wouldn't be that guns are far to easy to get hold of in America and their nice happy family image is bullshit.

Really nasty thing to happen ofc :(

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Urgh, my main question is WHY they did it... Though I agree, most probably video game references to be coming. (Maybe even music)

Original BBC reports were 21 dead (R.I.P :() with 20 injured.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Bizzare innit :(

On here, (mostly) a pc-game website, references about omg they're bound to blame games.

On my other forums, its omg they're bound to blame guns.

Very odd, and very sad too of course.

Apparantly there was a application for "concealed carry" licences to be available on the campus of one of the universitys. It was denied.

I wonder how many lives would have been saved it had been allowed? Just speculation though :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yes but you could apply that logic in the other direction - how many lives would have been saved if guns weren't as easily available?

On the one hand you've got the possibility that he'd have gotten a gun anyway through the black market. On the other, more people with guns = more chance things can go awry if/when a fight breaks out.

America is such a different place to the UK I don't think we can compare our gun laws with theirs so who knows if the answer is to ban the guns, make them more available or something completely different.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Its too late for that though, guns are easily available, particularly in the USA.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Granted, but I think it's fairly simplistic to suggest that something like allowing concealed guns would solve problems. Perhaps if some students were carrying guns they could have stopped him, perhaps the mere idea that anyone could be packing would have prevented him from even doing what he did, but overall who's to say it would result in less gun deaths.

I'm inclined to believe more people carrying guns will result in more deaths, accidental or otherwise.

mank!

Part of the furniture
What's arming the whole university going to achieve? It'd be like a mad Mexican stand off.

The gun laws, or lack thereof, in America are a joke. At least over here it's a little more difficult to get a weapon and generally sensible and responsible people like Throddy own them, not gun-toting rednecks scrotes or mentalists as appears par for the course in America.

I'm going to place my bets on movies being blamed, especially stuff like Saw and Hostel. It's only a matter of time before they get blamed for something other than being shite.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Apparently it was a jilted lover I just saw on the BBC though no other info was mentioned etc.

I think the gun issue is a problem beyond belief in the States but they are too far down the road now to stop and ban them I fear...

Fucked up world we live in. I hate the fact these wankers always take their own lives as well - cowards. I hope some fucker shot him and kicked the shit out of him before he died but more than likely he ate his own gun.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Unless the Lord God of the Righteous descends to earth and makes every single firearm vanish into smoke the only answer to bad people with guns is going to be good people who also have guns.

Suggesting otherwise is just wishful thinking imo.

Paraphrased from someone I know, but very true Im afraid.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Plenty of gun owners in Switzerland, including fully automatic rifles. They don't go around shooting people.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Giving everyone a gun to combat a handful of idiots with guns is like pissing petrol on a fire imo.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Giving everyone a gun to combat a handful of idiots with guns is like pissing petrol on a fire imo.

Which is similar to how you extinguish an oil well fire, bizarrely enough.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Bah quote buttons have gone for me, as have rep etc - mozzila issue mebbe?

Would you ever want to arm a whole country though? Think of social issues/class divides etc and you could end up with a warzone tbh....

Take away teh guns and give em all a Bic Biro - "The Pen is mightier than a 9mm Uzi modded for fully automatic" as they say - whats the worst that could happen - gangbangers holding members of other gangs down and writing "I smell of wee" on their foreheads??

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Take away teh guns and give em all a Bic Biro - "The Pen is mightier than a 9mm Uzi modded for fully automatic" as they say - whats the worst that could happen - gangbangers holding members of other gangs down and writing "I smell of wee" on their foreheads??

First step: Stabbings.
Second step: Pens on sticks stabbings(longer range).
Third step: Home made projectile gun.
Fourth step: More advanced prjectle weaponry out of pens.
Fifth step: Market for it, huge manufacturers take over, gyros' become illegal to own without a permit.

About or so.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Can honestly say that while its deeply sad, I'm just not shocked one little bit....

Though would be nice if over here we could start sorting out the system and get our rising gun problem fixed a little more. Everyone knows who the suppliers, the reasons, and the main users are. But the government is so inept and scared of being PC that they just don't seem to want to use hard tactics to fix the problem...

Need to put the fear of the justice system back.

But the American thing... dunno.. nothing you can say that hasn't been said before, i predict a big noise from the anti-gun lobby, a big noise from the pro gun lobby, and in a few months it all quietening down till the next massacre at a nursery or something

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Thing is, if someone is unbalanced enough to contemplate this kind of thing, they will be able to find someway to do it no matter what restrictions or gun laws are in place.

It's a big world and there are always going to be psychos who do horrible things.

Aada

Part of the furniture
He was probably bullied by the Frat House kids and wanted to be a pledge.

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
its like that daft saying, guns don't kill people, people kill people....yes, but i think the gun might HELP!

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I know... how about we put the killers through lots of therapy and find out what makes a person kill someone, that way we can arrest everyone in advance of the crime :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I know... how about we put the killers through lots of therapy and find out what makes a person kill someone, that way we can arrest everyone in advance of the crime :p

And everyone who ever served/plans to serve in the military too :D

Talivar

Part of the furniture
First 2 people he shot where his ex gf and her new bf so i presume thats the reason or atleast one of the reasons he did it.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Plenty of gun owners in Switzerland, including fully automatic rifles. They don't go around shooting people.

IIRC every man over the age of 18 or something has a rifle as they're all duty bound to serve in the millitary at some point.

Poag

m00?
Thing is, if someone is unbalanced enough to contemplate this kind of thing, they will be able to find someway to do it no matter what restrictions or gun laws are in place.

It's a big world and there are always going to be psychos who do horrible things.

Sadly however they all seem to be concentrated in one part of the world.

Well atleast the ones that are reported like this are, who knows how many happen in countries where they news isn't so "great"

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
It's what happens when you abide by laws that were written a few hundred years ago.

Reminds me of the family guy scene where every american has the right to hang a pair of bear arms on their wall.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Sadly however they all seem to be concentrated in one part of the world.

Well atleast the ones that are reported like this are, who knows how many happen in countries where they news isn't so "great"

Not at all, does killing one person make someone less unbalanced than someone who kills 30? How do you know the person that killed one wouldn't have killed 30 given the chance?

I agree that it gets reported widely when it happens in America though

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Not at all, does killing one person make someone less unbalanced than someone who kills 30? How do you know the person that killed one wouldn't have killed 30 given the chance?

I agree that it gets reported widely when it happens in America though

Thing is though when you start thinking like that, how many potential murderers did he actually kill during his massacre?

G

guns don't kill people rappers do, i saw it on a documentary on bbc2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom