[INFO] US Edition

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
So far the highest EU populated server ive played is Caledor. Noticed about 6-7 full EU guilds including ours. From forums I ready there are some on Tyrion too.

Both order side ofc as underdog = glory!

Mck

Viddi

Fledgling Freddie
Would be great if your guild Mckennitt could also then take part in the EU Migration! - Warhammer Forums thread and keep the rest of us updated for where you are going to play on the headstart/launch servers.

By getting everyone onto the same server(s) that server should have rvr going 24/7. :)

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
I've given up on GOA :( I'll now get WAR at its source, I've ordered the digital download version of the pre-order from the US EA Store

... snip ...

Will let you know when I get the keys.
Got them at 11/09/2008 12:00am
The Live game head start and bonus items code :clap:

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
Got them at 11/09/2008 12:00am
The Live game head start and bonus items code :clap:

Ahhh nice one Ivy. :clap:

As dvdboxoffice won't e-mail the codes any more, I think I'll fire up the game when I get back from Spain. Shame to waste 30 days, and I'm in no panic. :)

Tiree

Fledgling Freddie
Where to get the digital DL US version?

"Got them at 11/09/2008 12:00am
The Live game head start and bonus items code "

have tried several times now to get the EA store to give me the US version DL preorder.... it always manages to give me the Euro links and asks me to pay in £ :twak:

Can anyone please tell me how i get round this so i don't end up having to put up with GOA any longer?

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
gamestop.com will sell it to the UK, and they send u headstart keys in the mail which are good for like 7 days after the launch so that should be enough for your copy to arrive with the real key in the post.

The problem with the US version is the lag to be honest. While this wasnt an issue at all in DAOC there seems to be quite a bit of lag when playing on US servers, in that u get a lot of 'ability not ready' when it should be and stuff it actually gets quite anoying. I would prefer to play there but the lag is probably going to make me change my mind and play euro instead. Especially after playing euro beta and noticing that the game is far more smooth simply due to a lower ping i guess.

Tiree

Fledgling Freddie
or lower populations :)

Got it from Offgamers.com now.... I tried gamestop.com before, placed an order and then they wanted me to fax them a credit card bill as proof of my adress for my "high value" order.... so cancelled it.

Just hope Offgamers are ok.... looks more like a gold seeling shop than an official game seller

ariantes

Fledgling Freddie
"Got them at 11/09/2008 12:00am
The Live game head start and bonus items code "

have tried several times now to get the EA store to give me the US version DL preorder.... it always manages to give me the Euro links and asks me to pay in £ :twak:

Can anyone please tell me how i get round this so i don't end up having to put up with GOA any longer?

Would like to know this too. I can keep them from redirecting by disabling Javascript, with the sideeffect that half of the site stops working.

M

Mangemongen

I currently play the US beta, and it runs smooth (for a beta that is). I have 10mbit fiber connection now and 100mbit fiber in January, so lag won't be a problem. My concern is that I have no idea which server is chosen as the "European US server". I'm just too tired to check all the posts right now.

Thanks.

ariantes

Fledgling Freddie
Edit: The easiest way to access the US EA Store from EU is in using a US-proxy.

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
I'll try and help.

I have tried several times now to get the EA store to give me the US version DL preorder ... it always manages to give me the Euro links and asks me to pay in £ :twak:
Can anyone please tell me how i get round this so I don't end up having to put up with GOA any longer?
On the EU migration thread at Warhammer Alliance Forums, some people recommended this program in the earlier pages called Hide-My-IP 2008 which lets you get a US IP so you can get on the US section of EA Store, apparently people have been using it for years to get around this sort of restriction with various websites. I tried it and the US page loads and lets you proceed to checkout in dollars, but it loads a lot slower when you're hiding your IP.

Somethings to make sure you do this correctly:
  • Make sure you get an IP that is in the US, and that it has Secure Server Support, which allows SSL connections.
  • Make sure you choose correctly the digital download version, double check, this is important.
  • If you're restricted to giving US/Canadian addresses like I was, since you're getting the digital download you can just choose Canada as the country and put in something random; that worked for me. (However, note now you are restricted to using PayPal as payment; because credit card options require a correct and valid billing address.)
  • Remember to switch off Hide-My-IP afterwards :)
Mangemongen said:
My concern is that I have no idea which server is chosen as the "European US server". I'm just too tired to check all the posts right now.
Keep an eye on the EU migration thread at Warhammer Alliance Forums but I think you've found it already.

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
Extra notes:

Stick with Firefox when using Hide-My-IP. Google Chrome didn't work properly.
I just tried with other addresses, putting United States in country work too, and I put in Alaska for State :)
Use this direct link to the game on EA Store US, when you have Hide-My-IP working in Firefox.
EA STORE - Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning™ Pre-order

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom