[INFO] US Edition

Fink

One of Freddy's beloved
Do you need a US addressee credit card to subscribe?

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
in most mmo's you dont, but some sites will complain if you try to buy it from the wrong country.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I've been thinking of buying the US edition and just playing on Mythic's servers, here's a list of places I've found so far where you can buy and download the US version.

EA STORE - Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning™ Pre-order

Direct2Drive - Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (Pre-Order)

add more

You cannot buy editions off them they will redirect you to the UK site the moment you click buy and have entered in your details etc.

EAstore will cancel your preorder automatically.

If get around it let me know

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
I've given up on GOA :(

I'll now get WAR at its source, I've ordered the digital download version of the pre-order from the US EA Store and I'm now downloading the US open beta from this torrent.
(http://torrent2.eamythic.com/WarBeta.torrent -official
or http://www.mininova.org/tor/1774332 - in case the above doesn't work, this one is unofficial but is the same torrent and legit.)

EA Store did not redirect me to the UK site, and was a bit cheaper, plus more 'official', so I went with them. The only problem came with entering the address, which only took US & Canada addresses, but since it is a digital download it didn't matter anyway, and I wasn't paying with a credit card so it didn't need to match up; I used PayPal.

Will let you know when I get the beta key.

Goodbye GOA!! :D:D

Hammahead

Fledgling Freddie
Similar to what I am doing.
Im downloading the US client via the torrent.
Gonna buy a key from one of the various "key" stores when the game launches.
There's a few sites that sell game keys, I'll scout for some trustworthy shops this week.
If anyone got any experience with such sites, please share.

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
By the way guys, if you want to join the winning team - Gamestop.com sells the US version to UK / Euro addresses - and they'll mail you your beta/headstart keys.

I haven't tried this yet, but this is probably a better way. Ask moo for more details, especially about the mailing of keys, is that email or across the atlantic airmail?

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
Torrent download here:

Warhammer Online Open Beta [SEP 7TH] [US Client] : Games > Windows - Mininova

Anotherone to add to the list is www.dvdboxoffice.com: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Computer Games:

I'm sure they'll e-mail you keys if you ask (I've ordered and e-mailed, willlet you know what happens).

I've also asked on busy forums for nominated USA based servers as bases for EU players.

If we have a few nominated to go to, that'll help a lot. I expect it will take a little after release for servers to firm up, but if there's any RP servers, then if DAoC's RP servers are anything to go by, the communities there were terrific for most of the life of DAoC, and if we pick one of them for game launch, it could easily end up as 'the' base server to work on from.

D

DraigUK

If you guys get any updates it will be appreciated.

I am somewhat resigned to the fact GOA are going to fail after yesterdays (and continuing) OB debacle so need US options.

What I'm looking for I guess is a copy of the US client (thanks for the torrentlinks) and somewhere that will sell a copy or at least a key to the game, and that key will be emailed. Either with Headstart or Beta access.

I tried Fileplanet but it just boots me over to the UK D2D.

Any info you get on this will be gratefully accepted, and used in the event of GOA contining as they did yesterday.

Cheers in advance. :cheers:

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
last time I tried to order of gamestop it kept refusing all my cards and the reply I got back from them was that the reason it wouldnt take my cards was because they wernt linked to an american address and my IP wasnt american.

so unless they have changed it, alot of people could be disapointed going to gamestop to try to get an american copy of the game. this problem was only when smash brothers for Wii came out in the US so its not even that long ago it happend.

MrNadger

Fledgling Freddie
It's strange how some things won't let you play on the US servers, like DDO, WoW etc, but games like DAoC did... any success stories yet?
My main concern is we succeed in buying the game but have no way to pay the subscription.

Just an update for the people who didn't think you could get a preorder refund; I got a confirmation email from EA this morning saying my money had been refunded :)

*edit* ach $49.99 for the game at Gamestop, $16 postage. And Sod's Law there'll be import tax on it too.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
I found buying from america 90% of the time import tax only aplies on one of the rare ocasions they actualy get caught coming through customs. the last time I had something caught comeing into england from america was when people drove the flaming car at one of the british airports so chances are security was higher then.

Drakamir

Fledgling Freddie
How do!

Any luck with getting your beta key or other codes from EA yet Ivynoxia? i've been following your thread because i'm going to make the hop also myself, was unsure though if EA had codes left even though.

Cheers :cheers:

Crab Paste!

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
well if it get confirmed that we can play on the usa servers like daoc . i think ill join as i had more fun and very good support from the USA daoc.

Maybe they will sell the game from the main website like they did for daoc . but i guess for teh moment they have too much to deal with to sort that out after release im sure they will set it up.

war europe

As the Italians would say " Goa the f*ck away" :)

Mortious

Fledgling Freddie
Ok so who is acutally playing on the american servers but living in the UK? Where and how did you get your Beta key and are you getting a retail package posted or Digitally.

How is lagg on Us servers from the UK

Its time for me to cancell my uk pre-order and Move stateside

Helehuianu

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for this information. I will buy this rather than suffer more GOA madness.

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
Ok so who is acutally playing on the american servers but living in the UK? Where and how did you get your Beta key and are you getting a retail package posted or Digitally.

How is lagg on Us servers from the UK

Its time for me to cancell my uk pre-order and Move stateside

I was for DAoC, and lag etc, along with overall superior server performance, were orders of magnitude better than the debacle trying to get hooked up via Paris was (this might have improved some in the meantime for sure).

Back in the day it was actually possible to RvR and fight effectively in big relic raids, on dialup across the Pond. Sure there was some latency and lowish fps with such big numbers, but I can honestly say I hardly if ever even got a LD. One I do remember, was on Igraine server, and there were almost 300 Albs in the zone, well over 200 Hibs, and I think around 200 Mids as well.

Well in that particular case, the zone crashed (later confirmed to be well over 700 players in the zone at the time), but it was hardly surprising I think. :D

Mythic do know what they are doing with server handling and performance, which is more than can be said for a lot of others.

Mortious

Fledgling Freddie
Thats what I wanted to hear, I did move to the US DAOC servers for a while towards the demise of the UK 1s and I can say I have never been a fan of GOA.

Where did you pre order from ? are you ingame atm on Us beta ?

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
Thats what I wanted to hear, I did move to the US DAOC servers for a while towards the demise of the UK 1s and I can say I have never been a fan of GOA.

Where did you pre order from ? are you ingame atm on Us beta ?

I went with the DVDboxoffice - I am pretty sure they are the ones I got US DAoC from originally, and they did e-mail keys then. It's a bit early in the day to expect the keys from them just yet, but I have emailed asking for them to do that. As I am downloading via Torrent (at 83% now :clap: ), can't say what the game is like yet, but I'll be touting for a beta key somewhere if they can't supply one.

As soon as I get a response from them about the keys I'll post here so people will know, but there's definitely others that do e-mailed keys as a normal practice.

Hope that helps.

Mortious

Fledgling Freddie
yer thats what I wanted to hear, the second I hear you or somone has revieed there keys and where from Ill get downloading, Untill then Ill keep up this attempt

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
Torrent peers has gone up dramatically to 2294. Looks like loads are making the move. ETA: spread them around say 3 servers, and all would have a great time right round the clock imo. Have to get a fast server nomination for new servers to go to on opening day, as they are launched, I think. That should work out well then.

In fact if people know to go to the 3 very newest servers that go up launch day, in advance, there'd be little chance of them going wrong? Just tick off the first ones on the list sort of thing?

MrNadger

Fledgling Freddie
there is a post on the US WAR site FAQ stating European and US players will be on different servers - however it doesn't say if there is an actual block or it's just a policy decision.
I've sent in a question to their support guys asking if it will be possible to have a US account from Europe, I'll post their reply here if/when they reply.

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Just to clarify to everyone that might consider rolling on US servers.

There is none blocking your EU ip if you wish to play US side and thats 100% guaranteed from personal experience but also through confirmation with Mythic. The only reason that is not easy to obtain a US key at the moment is due to the beta madness. They announched some time ago that as soon as the game launches you will be able to buy the cd key as normally you would for any other game. I too for myself got 3 US keys and playing in closed + open beta right now in US and i can guarantee that the performance and feedback is outstanding.

All it takes is to check on the US site in their Herald and see how quick and informative things are done.
Makes you wonder sometimes where did this sheeps in Goa are from.

Mck

MrNadger

Fledgling Freddie
Gawds bless you for that :worthy:

To be honest, I've got a multiplay beta key I can kill time trying to use, and EA have already refunded me for the cancelled preorder so I'm not fussed about getting into the US beta.
I'd just like to be able to play the game on a reliable server, and not have to wait six months or more for the latest patch. It's a simple dream, and one day perhaps....

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
there is a post on the US WAR site FAQ stating European and US players will be on different servers - however it doesn't say if there is an actual block or it's just a policy decision.
I've sent in a question to their support guys asking if it will be possible to have a US account from Europe, I'll post their reply here if/when they reply.
theres always those legit sites that sell timecodes and email them to you anyway.

there not going to region block IP's mmos never do.
fake an american address or google one.
buy time codes and profit because it should be cheaper than paying an eu subscription anyway

Mortious

Fledgling Freddie
Ok Im still looking for a Garunteed US Site that will email Codes, ship packages to the Uk preferably for the beta !

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
Ok Im still looking for a Garunteed US Site that will email Codes, ship packages to the Uk preferably for the beta !
hotcdkey.com is legit ive ordered codes from them before the first time you order they will phone you all the way from china but the woman who phoned me spoke perfect english.

i dont know how much WAR costs on there site though but its probably works out more than if you could get a copy from an american site that emails codes and you obviously wouldnt get a box from them they just take a photo of the cdkeys and email it to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom