[INFO] US Edition

Elsavildori

Fledgling Freddie
when i went to US daoc it was as simple as changing some code in a text file,

As for the CD key i got it on ebay, asked the seller to email me instead, which they will almost always do as your still paying the price for shipping to them :)

im sticking with EU war for a while at least but i expect i will be on the US before long

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
Also got US copy, not sure when i will use it however probably when everything has cooled down after release servers are stable etc...Also i do consider skipping it and hit the US new daoc server origin one....

See what happends.

Elsavildori

Fledgling Freddie
thats if they ever get origins up..

and its not as promised if you have been following the news on it :(

MrNadger

Fledgling Freddie
just ordered in dvdboxoffice, $59 Canadian, which works out about £30, with free shipping.
Interestingly enough, I've just hand a bimble about the Mythic site and found my old US DAOC account has grown up into a master account, to which I can apparently add my Warhammer key. Joyous!

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
just ordered in dvdboxoffice, $59 Canadian, which works out about £30, with free shipping.
Interestingly enough, I've just hand a bimble about the Mythic site and found my old US DAOC account has grown up into a master account, to which I can apparently add my Warhammer key. Joyous!

Ah that's nice about the account - that on camelotherald or the warhammer one?

After 6+ years with them, I wonder what mine's grown into? lol!

Drakamir

Fledgling Freddie

Mate, did Dvdboxoffice email you the code to input in that case? I too have an old DAOC account.

p.s also the codes if you got sent, were for open beta and or items? of just the cd key? hope you can help :)

Cheers

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
I'm still waiting on an e-mail from them - but I sent it to info@ which might have been a mistake.

TBH I'm not that worried if I miss the beta, as long as I can get into early access, as I am off to Spain on the bike early October, so a few days that end'll be good.

Drakamir

Fledgling Freddie
Alright mate, please if it's ok can you let us know how you get on, like you I would really be mostly concerned with the head start and if we can get those codes it would be fantastic.

Enjoy the holidays mouse man!

MrNadger

Fledgling Freddie
as soon as I hear anything from them I'll put up the details, I'm not really expecting a beta key to be honest, actually just meant the normal code. As it's not a digital download purchase I don't think I'll get the box in time for any early doors advantage.

I've just emailed dvdboxoffice to double check about beta keys and early access - again, as soon I know the answer, so will you guys.

I do hope the friendly nature of the majority of players continues into the game; it's said adversity can bring out the best in people, so perhaps we should thank GOA for the opportunity?

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah will do. :)

ETA: Must admit I do like the friendliness of the American players. My first character on Bors (given I'd been a long term tester pre release of DAoC, so knew my way around pretty well), at lvl 17, I took to DF as we had just got it, and I was xp'ing at the entrance, when a Druid pm'd me and said they hadn't seen me around before. I replied I'd just transferred from the EU game, and spotted that Hib was the underdog on Bors, so had joined them, and blow me the Druid came over and dropped 250g on me, to help get me going. A few others did that too, as well as getting piles of gear dropped on me. Pretty decent bunch all in all.

The more I protested I didn't need stuff as I knew my way around ok, the more they seemed to give me. lol!

MrNadger

Fledgling Freddie
sorry Ribbit, I missed the question about the US account. I went to the warhammeronline.com site and clicked account management, was going to try creating a UK based account to see what happened, and saw the notes about existing DOAC accounts being upgraded to handle both games. If you try your old account it should let you in.

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks MrN, worked a charm. :)

Validated the email too, and got a custom title for WAR, whatever that is.

It's a nice account management, very straightforward. :)

Granpa

Fledgling Freddie
I too have an old DOAC account not used for a long time but its been upgraded i think i might do the same and see if i can cancel my EU pre-order.

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
Ok typical of me, it looks like I e-mailed dvdboxoffice wrong. I sent to info@ instead of orders@. :twak:

They say to allow up to 2 days to be e-mailed back anyway, and as I'm not in a panic any more, if I've not heard anything by say Wednesday morning, I'll re e-mail to orders@ .

As soon as I hear anything, etc . . . . . . . .

Mortious

Fledgling Freddie
Well I just got myself a US beta Key from warcry and im about to re download the client through newsgroups overnihgt. That way if I dont get my email from GOA by tomroow morning atleast ill be playing on the US servers. I guess when people are sure there getting there keys from the US ill order and get my US key :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Files to convert EU client to US (or US to EU)

I'm not completely sure this works since i haven't been able to get into the game yet but here are both sets of files if anyone wants to try it.

US files
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

EU files
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Hopefully just replacing the files will make it patch to the other client, howevee the EU version has a file called patchui_win.dll and the US doesnt, i don't know what the deal is.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
If this works, apparently warcry are giving out US beta keys atm.

Mortious

Fledgling Freddie
Works fine pathcing away US side of things, Just got my beta key from Warcry 2 :)

:EDit Started patching and it states a large number of files are missing and the game needs to be reinstalled Oh well

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
got my key, very swift! instantly validated! in just half a second? beats 36 hours ;)

downloading the US part now

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, so close and then last minute fail.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
bah, says I'm missing a large number of files??? :(

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I took my 1 min to get a US beta account set up, what the flippen hell are GOA doing, as am still waiting for this magic e-mail.

Anyone know a link to the US client?

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
almost done downloading us beta from torrent and now have US beta key too (from warcry) :))

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Through filefront, though it takes a long time to download.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
I don't think there's a way to connect to the Mythic servers with a minimum amount of changes (I remember it was easy as pie in daoc)

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
you can download via fileplanet (41 day queu) or torrent there will take around 1 day to download.

Fitzbert

Fledgling Freddie
Or WoW. You just change the realmlist file with that. Easy as pie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom