MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
The fun I'm having on Killbury cluster atm is quite amazing

as I write this, im roxxing out in molvik :D

good action there, but alot of hibs/albs :D

Reformed

Banned
Although it is great to see so many players online I am getting a nasty lag delay. This occurs to such an extent that I am free styling before the move I intended! Is there a work around for this?

Darn - ld'd again. Looks like this server not for me!

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Reformed said:
Although it is great to see so many players online I am getting a nasty lag delay. This occurs to such an extent that I am free styling before the move I intended! Is there a work around for this?

Darn - ld'd again. Looks like this server not for me!

the us servers have been lagging alot for everyone since lotm release
its not a problem confined to EU players connecting there

before lotm was released I had no problems with lag
I dare say it will be back to normal again soon

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:

I could only feel the "slight" delay that is due to the distance to servers, havent had any LDs or heavy lag before and after lotm, only at release day ofc :)

but I see alot of people LD'ing, and according to a camelotherald grab bag, its related to some flaws in the lotm code.

Reformed

Banned
I think it might be worse in certain areas. Am on Mid and moved away from Aegir - ported to Gotar. Not fought any monsters yet but my alt seems to be responding a lot faster now. Hope so anyways. Only prob my alt is only level 7 and there ain't nuffin he can kill around Gotar :mad: . Where the hell can a level 7 go on the old turf? Definitely upto speed now though.

Am off to Nisse's lair
Am off to Nisse's lair
Hey ho and off we go
Am off to Nisse's lair

You guessed it - am off to Nisse's lair :)

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:

I never had any problems with LDs, lag or issues like i had while i played on EU....

even inside lab with maube a total of 300 players in the largest single zone in daoc i dont feel that much lag...

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Gonna give this ago later this week ... Friar of dho0m inc !!!

And prolly vamp + valk on other servers on cluster ^^

F

O

T

M

Reformed

Banned
Breath of fresh air this US Classic server. Played a few hours very late last night and around 12-2am there were 20-30 mids in Thid alone and apparently there are far more Hibs and Albs than Mids. Logged on again at 7.30am and there are still 10 there now. Also with the clustering you get 2 or is it 3x as many characters to play by using the different servers. The lag seems to have gone now too :) . Taking into account the different numbers on the servers and adding them together (clustering) there must have been over 2000 playing last night.

Thanes are real good but watch out for my valkyn warrior - Easymeat!

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Aye it`s great fun on Gareth, just like glast was before the french killed it. Molvik is awsome played a couple of hours yesterday about 30 on each side till albs unlocked maulers and all went to roll new alts :p

Made RR2 first day there never managed that on euro servers none of the bg`s were ever busy enough.

G

Gaddafi

Hey Case .... what about delay issues ? I hear something like a constand second delay or more for europeans :(( would be nasty cuz Id like a stealther there and the delay would kill me.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Gaddafi said:
Hey Case .... what about delay issues ? I hear something like a constand second delay or more for europeans :(( would be nasty cuz Id like a stealther there and the delay would kill me.

It varies, had from no lag to around 1s lag before an action - apparently since LOTM even the USA players are getting the same, so its nothing specific to euro players.

However, to assume there would be no lag at all on playing USA compared to EURO would be daft so I wont say otherwise :) either way its playable - was grouped with Case last night, got from 35 - 37 and to RR2 in the BG's last night - amazing fun, so many people around.

Dard

Part of the furniture
To save me reading the whole thread (yeah im lazy & in a hurry :fluffle: ) i believe the realm to roll is Mid but which cluster ?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Dard said:
To save me reading the whole thread (yeah im lazy & in a hurry :fluffle: ) i believe the realm to roll is Mid but which cluster ?

classic

legar

Loyal Freddie
now i wanna play my runemaster.. and the server is down :p
expect me online tomorrowevening for a long time then :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Should be up at 8.30 uk time, check camelotherald.com for updates there pretty prompt at posting an update and revised ETA when needed.

FIderal

Fledgling Freddie
the lag seems to be sorted out now, but does anyone else get the delay when u talk to peopel ?

Reformed

Banned
You know forra while now I been feeling like a toothless old crone (apologies to any toothless old crone visiting this forum) and I have tried my damnedest to get away from my old ways which meant I have attempted to level all sorts of Mid alts. To be honest I ain't cut out forrit. I can play any damn thing quite well enough but I have come to realize I can only play the one alt that suits my personality to a tee - a stealther. Ok- fair enough - I go to start an sb and you know wot? 'Thugs' is being used by someone! Alright that could be coincidence but 'Kingofthid' ? Is that taking the piss or wot? All I can say is I am beginning to feel stirrings in my nether regions about playing sbs again - and on the classic server this means both Thid and level 50. My sb's name is MKJ. First I gonna kick some butt in thid whilst in crap gear but I will probably take him to 50 and prove once and for all my sbs can rule this game from start to finish. No toa and buffs so that effectively opens the door to me in a big way. You might say this is pathetic from some 50 yr old guy but hell if you were born with an active mind it don't change when you are 50 and I don't think it will ever change infact till the day I die. It is either be entertained or something or annoy my damn cat. My cat has had enough :) . Watch out for me - MKJ - and pray you have rolled a non Mid alt!

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
Reformed said:
By the way wot guilds are active here? One more suited to the 'older' player?

Mularn starting guild should be good for you..like minded ppl...

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Lol I'd like to see Thugs vs mauler - would make me roftlol :D

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Not getting any lag over there at all, the people are all really nice too which is great. Met 1 arsehole yelling things like FU ADDER!1 ect turned out to be Swiss :p

Made 21k rp`s by level 39 never managed that on euro BG`s just never enough action, molvik is awsome fun.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Having a good laugh levelling my Lamorak hibs just now. Not got much playtime nowadays so it's slow going, but 5 day freelevel and the SI xp/coin bonus makes it bearable.

Enjoyed my time on EU Classic with my Savage/Shammy but that server got wrecked...with the number of people levelling and just the pleasure of seeing people in some of the different lowbie zones, I'm thinking this is going to be a really positive move! Apparently there was a fully-SC'd and dyed GG in the 5-9 RvR dungeon the other day!!!

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I wish they would hurry up and make Catacombs free! I'm tired of all the people in shiny armour laughing at my ROG drop armour :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Jeremiah said:
I wish they would hurry up and make Catacombs free! I'm tired of all the people in shiny armour laughing at my ROG drop armour :)

If only you were in EU <grins> <ducks> <hides>

Darzil

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
If only you were in EU <grins> <ducks> <hides>

Darzil

Lol, I know I know! I would be if the classic server was even 50% as active as the US cluster - and the double xp bonuses were in place. The UK servers never really took to the low level RvR - and its a shame because it really is so much fun!

redstar_barum

Fledgling Freddie
I am a UK based player but play on the US server Bossiney which is the classic cluster. I came here to have a read of the EU board as we had a number of Euros join our guild over the past week and they have come from the EU servers. I read with interest this thread and thought I would post to help with some of the myths and rumours about US servers.

As you can see from my signature I am a GM of Sleeping Dragons which is 90% Euro based players and I have been playing classics since they were opened in the US.

Player base
There is a very strong player base of over 3000 at peak US time and around 2000 at Euro times. All the usual bg’s (Thid, Molvik, Leirvik, Cathal) are very active. For example I was in Molvik with my Mauler last night and there was over 5fg of albs, 5fg of hibs and 3fg of mids. At the same time some guildies were in NF where they found constant rp’s for 5 hours. So on Euro time there is plenty of action and I prefer it as it’s not the peak trffic time where it may get a little congested.

Population
Whoever said that alb needs players are totally wrong as they are slightly ahead of the hibs but several hundred ahead of mids. So if you want a challenge it’s mids you need to be joining. Albs have the numbers, hibs have siege classes and mids have some very solid 8 mans. I have found all mids to be friendly and courteous but finding groups can be difficult sometimes due to how established the servers are so try and get into a good alliance or guild that is well known.

Lag
We have had lag issues since the lab expansion but it is getting better. However for the 2 years I have been on the US servers I have never experienced any significant lag or ld’s due to location of servers.

Levelling
There is double xp in si at the moment and it was classic zones before that. I can see Mythic pushing it around areas to spread out the levelling places and get use out of old areas. At the moment the double si means that Modernagrav group can pl very quickly. For example we set-up a group the other day with 2sm, 1 lock, healer(pac), Sham pl’ed 2 maulers from 10 to 39 in just over 2 hours and a new guildies rm from 15 to 36 at the same time. After that we pl’ed another new guildies from 10 to 23 in around 30 mins so he could hit thid. As you can see you don’t need /level and you can get into the bg’s quick to try out the fun.

All in all I am having a blast over on Bossiney but I have never played EU servers so I can’t compare. Just thought I would try and help out. If you want any advice or have questions let me know.

/salute all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom