United States Corrupt Twattery

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
She an activist getting rights for Gurkhas ..I mean you should know that if you have an interest.
Yoni doesn't live in the UK, hasn't for ages. Why would Joanna Lumley's occasional appearance on UK telly be a thing anyone "should" know if they're interested in furthering rights for Gurkhas - especially if they don't watch / consume british media all the time?

You are aware that there are other areas of the planet, and not everybody is obsessed with british culture?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
She hasn't been in the limelight at all since but I'm sure the Gurkha campaign was at least a decade ago and she was hardly on the front pages with it even then. A couple of appearances on court steps is all I remember.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yoni doesn't live in the UK, hasn't for ages. Why would Joanna Lumley's occasional appearance on UK telly be a thing anyone "should" know if they're interested in furthering rights for Gurkhas - especially if they don't watch / consume british media all the time?

You are aware that there are other areas of the planet, and not everybody is obsessed with british culture?
Give me a break..she the number one celebrity supporter of the Ghurka cause and a well known around the western world for her acting.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Give me a break..she the number one celebrity supporter of the Ghurka cause and a well known around the western world for her acting.
You mean Paul McCartney, or Sting, Bono or Bill Clinton don't ya?

Anyway - most of the world doesn't need a celebrity to endorse something for them to get behind it. (Especially a b-lister). That sort of shit is for the chavs only.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Shorter Trump: Our military is for sale. Our soldiers can die for money.

View: https://twitter.com/MollyMcKew/status/1182795811517849601

There is an argument that he's just being honest about something that's been a cornerstone of American foreign policy for over a 100 years. The Americans have a. Always fought wars for other people (usually corporations), b. Have a tradition of getting other people to pay for wars even when they're ostensibly in the national interest (WW1,2).

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Difference is that ww1 and ww2 were justified wars.

Obama tried to create peace between Iran and Saudi Arabia, Trump has intentionally caused further friction so that the Saudis keep building up their military by buying US arms.

Same shit with everything; destroy the environment so long as America profits from it and Trump looks good from it, it doesn't matter.

Gwadien

Also, I'd imagine that the Turks put a huge order in for this offensive; I doubt they could have switched to Russian weaponry so quickly.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The US fought WW1 to protect its loans to the UK and France; after WW2 the first thing it did was demand payment from the UK.

The Spanish-American War, the Banana Wars, both Gulf Wars, were all fought on behalf of corporations who funded political campaigns

Gwadien

The US fought WW1 to protect its loans to the UK and France; after WW2 the first thing it did was demand payment from the UK.

The Spanish-American War, the Banana Wars, both Gulf Wars, were all fought on behalf of corporations who funded political campaigns

WW1, The Americans got involved to get a seat at the peace process to ensure that Europe continued to have it's power struggles, whilst they rose above it.

WW2, We definitely wouldn't have won if the Americans weren't supplying us throughout the war, I don't think it's fair to say that Britain paid for all of the bill.

As for Post-WW2, yeah, America had a huge arms industry, and they wanted to spread their influence and the best way to do that is to lock your allies into having the same weapons as you, that's where this cancerous approach to the arms industry came from.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree with you, America loves conflict, but I just find it hilarious that Trump shouts about how we need to get out of conflicts that aren't in their interests, but in reality what he means is they need to get out of wars that they can't profit from.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If only someone could've seen this coming... Turkey-Syria offensive: 'Hundreds' of IS relatives escape camp

What did Trump think was going to happen when the US abandoned their allies, who were guarding these camps, to fight for their lives? Oh that's right he didn't think, he just did what Putin told him to.

He should be strung up for this alone, never mind all the other times he's been Putin's lap dog and all his other actual impeachable actions.

Job

And Assads in..the Guard cant bring themselves to mention his name for obvious reasons.
So it gets called Damascus....slyly mention his name halfway down.

Oh dear another meltdown..who do we support now?
The Kurds, the Turks?
Oh shit Russias in there as well.

Buys popcorn

Kurds reach deal with Damascus in face of Turkish offensive

Gwadien

And Assads in..the Guard cant bring themselves to mention his name for obvious reasons.
So it gets called Damascus....slyly mention his name halfway down.

Damascus is the capital city of Syria.

It's a bit like they use Brussels said x and y when they're referring to the EU.

I'm sure you're trolling.

But anyway, this whole situation is getting very bizarre.

Job

Yes and in other news the whitehouse has pulled the US troops out of Syria.

Thats sarcasm by the way.

Job

I have to explain a lot.

Gwad insists its perfectly normal to call a regime by its headquarters and theres no agenda..so I sarcastically replied that its the whitehouse pulling troops not orangeman.

Of course when Assad is bad hes Assad....when hes good hes Damascus.
Its just how it works when you have an agenda.
Of course when the Russians are talking to him..it'll be back to Assad..but the Kurds will talk to Damascus...its the endless twisting of emotion..the lying fuckers do.

Gwadien

I have to explain a lot.

Gwad insists its perfectly normal to call a regime by its headquarters and theres no agenda..so I sarcastically replied that its the whitehouse pulling troops not orangeman.

Of course when Assad is bad hes Assad....when hes good hes Damascus.
Its just how it works when you have an agenda.
Of course when the Russians are talking to him..it'll be back to Assad..but the Kurds will talk to Damascus...its the endless twisting of emotion..the lying fuckers do.

No.

Just fucking no.

Do you actually wear a tin foil hat?

Job

So Russia is now effectively fighting Turkey..a NATO country with American nukes and America is trying to reign them in.

Awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom