United States Corrupt Twattery

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's not material @Wij - Trump doing bad shit, Dems doing (arguably) slightly-less-bad shit (because Dems are cleverer) - they're both doing bad shit.

I'm not getting suckered in by it. Biden's policies are effectively the same as Trumps.

I don't give a what type of arsehole is fucking me - I just don't want to get fucked. Even if it's a slightly 'less bad' arsehole.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's not material @Wij - Trump doing bad shit, Dems doing (arguably) slightly-less-bad shit (because Dems are cleverer) - they're both doing bad shit.

I'm not getting suckered in by it. Biden's policies are effectively the same as Trumps.

I don't give a what type of arsehole is fucking me - I just don't want to get fucked. Even if it's a slightly 'less bad' arsehole.
It’s material to why Trump is having legal troubles and Democrats generally aren’t, which was one of the points being discussed.

Actual criminality vs, well, things that aren’t criminal, like them or not.

You can keep bringing it back to a nihilistic viewpoint if you want but it doesn’t change the facts.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It’s material to why Trump is having legal troubles and Democrats generally aren’t
Yeah. And I say that you're all being suckered in by a relatively meaningless distraction. Politics as performance.

Both sets of arseholes are doing bad things in office. If you're focused on Orange Man Bad then you're missing the real crime - what successive governments are doing.

I guess it's nice to feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that you're on the right side, looking at 'the enemy' - but don't let it distract you from the important stuff.

And no. What Trump did/didn't do in office isn't important. It's just more public. Compared to what Biden is doing and has done to the entire planet, never mind the US public - he's just Trump 2.0 with better (i.e. more intelligent) legals and PR.

You just identify with Biden more because you're not a knuckle-dragging redneck. But despite your distaste for Trump the rednecks are probably getting back in - and nothing material will change.

So, for me, why be so partisan? Why care about Trump or Biden? Care about what the government is doing. It's the same with Sunak and Starmer - they're identikit arseholes who are going to do the same fucking things. There'll be some frills around the outside that are different - but lets face it, Starmer's whole campaign is "we're not going to do anything different than the Tories"...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yeah. And I say that you're all being suckered in by a relatively meaningless distraction. Politics as performance.

Both sets of arseholes are doing bad things in office. If you're focused on Orange Man Bad then you're missing the real crime - what successive governments are doing.

I guess it's nice to feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that you're on the right side, looking at 'the enemy' - but don't let it distract you from the important stuff.

And no. What Trump did/didn't do in office isn't important. It's just more public. Compared to what Biden is doing and has done to the entire planet, never mind the US public - he's just Trump 2.0 with better (i.e. more intelligent) legals and PR.

You just identify with Biden more because you're not a knuckle-dragging redneck. But despite your distaste for Trump the rednecks are probably getting back in - and nothing material will change.

So, for me, why be so partisan? Why care about Trump or Biden? Care about what the government is doing. It's the same with Sunak and Starmer - they're identikit arseholes who are going to do the same fucking things. There'll be some frills around the outside that are different - but lets face it, Starmer's whole campaign is "we're not going to do anything different than the Tories"...
So a nihilistic mini-essay.

I’m perfectly entitled to think that someone who has been a criminal all his life shouldn’t be running the US and that a party as utterly incompetent as the Tories shouldn’t be running the UK and for that reason, if nothing else, we’d be better off under anyone else. You may have policy differences, that’s your choice, but for many people, having a party of semi-competent people running the UK would be better than the current mess.

We get it. No major party has policies you endorse. You tell us every day. Not everyone else has the same agenda you do though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So a nihilistic mini-essay.
Bullshit. Life is NOT meaningless. Politics as it currently stands is.

You might desparately cling to the notion that what they or you are voting for will make material difference, but the evidence of your own life shows otherwise if you care to look at it.

Out of interest. What's my agenda?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Not buying it; Republicans have been nominating evil/stupid candidates for a lot longer than identity politics have been le topic de jour. Besides, "you're making us do this" is the most feeble justification ever. Far more likely, populism works, let the dancing monkeys do their thing while we get on with stripping the nation for parts. Pure bread and circuses.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
bread and circuses.
I'm mostly on board with this.

But I don't think there's zero merit in what he says either. I'm dreading Labour getting in. They're insufferable. Starmer's just a tory with extra identity politics and all the other bullshit thrown in. And I don't think the corruption will change. Or the lack of caring (they just care about different things) and any good they might do comes with a whole host of telling us what we're allowed to think.

And, ultimately, very little will change.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Re-assessing the costing of a policy for fear of opposition attacks in an upcoming campaign is definitely as bad as actively trying to overturn an election. Lock him up.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tried reading this but god it made my head hurt.

What I summarize the last few pages as is

Trump = orange cunt
Biden = senile vegetable

Close enough or do I need to read it again?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Trump = orange cunt
Biden = senile vegetable

You shouldn't have to read it, I can't believe they're dumb enough over there to give agent orange airtime still but I guess they'll keep fanning the flames of their own suffering.

SilverHood

FH is my second home

Trump = orange cunt
Biden = senile vegetable

Pretty much. Biden's wife is running the show behind the scenes. It's a terrible state of affairs. If Trump drops or is forced out, the Republican candidate is almost guaranteed a win. If we're lucky, it's Nikki Haley. If we're unlucky, it's DeSantis.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Haley would be the best GOP choice, agreed. Very clear on the need to stand by Ukraine and Taiwan. More so than Biden even. Even though she's probably not great for the US economy.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Pretty much. Biden's wife is running the show behind the scenes. It's a terrible state of affairs. If Trump drops or is forced out, the Republican candidate is almost guaranteed a win. If we're lucky, it's Nikki Haley. If we're unlucky, it's DeSantis.
If that is the case re The Republican Party surely Orange PearDrop would drop out to guarantee his party a win??? Oh wait, we are talking about him doing the right thing for the majority and not his bank balance.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If that is the case re The Republican Party surely Orange PearDrop would drop out to guarantee his party a win??? Oh wait, we are talking about him doing the right thing for the majority and not his bank balance.
lol - as if Trump cares about the Republican Party :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We aren't out of the dark years yet. Domestically, we absolutelyfuckinghaveto get rid of the fucking Tories. America is absolutely fucked, it would be ruinous with Trump in the Whitehouse again and fucking Tories at no10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom