United States Corrupt Twattery

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sod off with making this about assange. I don't give a fuck about assange.

Did he, or did he not, uncover massive evidence of criminal activity by the state?

Regardless of how he released it, regardless of who may or may not have been put in danger, was the United States guilty of huge amounts of criminal activity.

The answer is clearly yes.

If you see anything else as more than a sideshow, a distraction, from this central point then you're playing straight into the hands of those that would cage us. If the US was not comitting criminal acts then there could be no collateral damage - because there would have been nothing to leak.

Fuck 'journalistic responsibility' as a "defence" against leaking information about state-criminality.

Knowledge of government crime > any other consideration.

Chalk the rest down as part of the price of freedom. If crimes weren't being committed then leaks couldn't endanger anyone.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He could have chosen not to endanger anyone. Easily.
None of that makes a jot of difference to the central argument that if the United States hadn't been acting in a criminal fashion then the fallout could never have happened.

Simple solution is to not act in a criminal manner, and be open with the public you pretend to serve.

I'll say it again, because you appear not to be able to grasp the straw:
Knowledge of government crime > any other consideration.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
None of that makes a jot of difference to the central argument that if the United States hadn't been acting in a criminal fashion then the fallout could never have happened.

Simple solution is to not act in a criminal manner, and be open with the public you pretend to serve.

I'll say it again, because you appear not to be able to grasp the straw:
The end does not justify ANY means. That's bollox.

I don't want a Farage government but it doesn't mean I'd be justified in suicide bombing a town centre to achieve my aim.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Oh for fucks sake! I don't even think the two of you really disagree! It is right to shine a light on the shit that governments do, but it is wrong to do it in such a way that it endangers lives, especially when it would have been simple to do one without the other.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Two reasons he didnt hide the informants.

It was too difficult to even work out who they were..wether it was an issue or they simply didnt bother to look.

Or they wanted no hint of their own cover up, to prove their absolute dedication to openess.

I dont know if anyone suffered, but Im pretty sure he'd be having an easier time now if they'd have done it and seriously reduced the ammo against him.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I dont know if anyone suffered, but Im pretty sure he'd be having an easier time now if they'd have done it and seriously reduced the ammo against him.
He would have. The Obama administration considered, but then abandoned, plans to indict because they were worried that, even though they considered Assange a hostile agent of espionage and not a real journalist, it might get a bit first amendmenty.

It was a close decision though given how little fucks Assange gave for normal journalistic practice and another administration could always reconsider.

Ironic that he helped elect an administration that is actively seeking to pardon war crimes.

Job

Press freedom one of the core planks of liberalism. This is not difficult or new.
Yes..plenty of freedom for their opinions.
Not a leftie?
Shut the fuck up Nazi.

Visits google to get you deplatformed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The end does not justify ANY means. That's bollox.

I don't want a Farage government but it doesn't mean I'd be justified in suicide bombing a town centre to achieve my aim.
The uncovering of mass slaughter and state-sponsored war-crime justifies haphazard and careless release of these criminal "secrets".

So you bin out again. You're either for the uncovering of criminal actions of our government or you're a vehicle for covering it up.

I think you've picked a side - and it's the wrong one.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh for fucks sake! I don't even think the two of you really disagree! It is right to shine a light on the shit that governments do, but it is wrong to do it in such a way that it endangers lives, especially when it would have been simple to do one without the other.
I'm OK with that completely. But *who is living under threst of prosecution that effectively ends their life*??

Wake up and smell reality. It's not an argument between two equal powers.

Crimes of the state outweigh *massively* any other crime - no matter how savage (and leaking evidence of criminal activity isn't savage, even if their is collateral damage).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
even though they considered Assange a hostile agent of espionage and not a real journalist
I don't think it matters. If a foreign agency shows us that our governments are criminals then well done them...

Act in a non-criminal manner should be the end result.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I don't think it matters. If a foreign agency shows us that our governments are criminals then well done them...

Act in a non-criminal manner should be the end result.
And yet Assange revealed it in the shittiest, most criminal manner it was possible to do.

Job

Just watch at least the first minute of this video and think about the rhetoric surrounding Trump and his immigration stance.
Clinton built the wall..
Every screaming angry anti trumper is justing being led by a mass psychosis of anger when he is no different to any president.

View: https://youtu.be/KYV3t9U6Bog

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Just watch at least the first minute of this video and think about the rhetoric surrounding Trump and his immigration stance.
Clinton built the wall..
Every screaming angry anti trumper is justing being led by a mass psychosis of anger when he is no different to any president.

View: https://youtu.be/KYV3t9U6Bog

They’re not even talking about the same thing or the same response.

Job

The Bernie Sanders bit at the end is the most eye opening.
Hes practically agreeing with me.

Job

They’re not even talking about the same thing or the same response.
Yeah..yeah...their bog standard establishment response to illegal immigration is a better bog standard response than Trumps.
He just does it circus.
The whole thing is a joke..they are playing us like fools.
Its all designed to make us think we have an input..we dont, the wheels grind on and we just get different monkeys.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tried to be interested in Job's contribution.

At a wedding I give zero shits about and off to the beach in the ayem. It's hard :)

Gray

FH is my second home
What are peoples opinions on the whole Huawei drama caused by Trump?

I know the UK had a lot of fuss with Huawei over the 5G network stuff, but it seems that Trump has gone a step further meaning that any components/software that are created in the US are no longer allowed in the Huawei devices...

So Android/Google will be an issue but also all component level stuff too. I have an Honor handset (Offshoot of Huawei). I have had some customers trying to return their Huawei phones out of fear they won't work in 12 months time so that fucker has caused a lot of panic it seems.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGpmWrVSaU

Bit of insight into it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think it's Trump thinking 'How can we get people to buy US goods?, ban the foreign alternatives with silly excuses.'

Unfortunately the silly excuses won't wash with the Chinese.

It'll be an interesting trade war if it gets worse, China has been so busy in the past 10 years expanding their sphere of influence across Africa.

Two dominant economic blocs in the world, that's my prediction.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
if China starts retaliating how will the US produce any electronics at all? A great deal of the components (not to mention natural resources) originate in China.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
if China starts retaliating how will the US produce any electronics at all? A great deal of the components (not to mention natural resources) originate in China.

It's a really weird time for Trump to start to attack China considering that they've got an established position as a major economic powerhouse and they've got a leader who some commentators are saying is as powerful, if not more than Mao.

China will happily dive itself into an economic depression if it's going to have the same impact on the US.

China will be able to survive through it, the US wouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom