United States Corrupt Twattery

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You guys and your "words". The word "half" is meaningless. A bit like education.

AI will do it all for us in the future. Including paying our motor insurance. But it won't tell the cops.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Is that all youve got.

Yes it is , it would seem.

Job

Funnily enough it is now..Meerkat have started their auto switching accounts.
I wouldnt have thought they would allow it because competition relies on apathy and if machine learning is doing it for you it becomes a bit pointless.
They provide gas..allow various virtual companies who charge you for it..then meerkat comes in and auto switches you to the cheapest.
So they cancel each other out and it all gets a bit of a waste of time.
The future of utility charging is going to be two algorithms fighting it out.

Job

So from now on when I say most people voted for Trump I have to put a note.
Of those who voted allowing for the electoral college weighting...or you'll pull schoolboy pedantics out as an argument because you havent got a real one.

georgie

FH is my second home
Of those who voted allowing for the electoral college weighting...or you'll pull schoolboy pedantics out as an argument because you havent got a real one.

Or you could just not say that most people voted for Trump because, you know, they didn't?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You didn't say that. And it's not pedantism - it's called being accurate and factual.

Trump won.
Yes. But it doesn't make what you said earlier anything other than utter proven shite.

More than half the country voted for him...
No. No they didn't. Less than 1/3rd did.

Job

Your ..I want to win an imaginary argument approach directly parallels the cultural state we have got ourselves into..and an ever increasing swarm of uni droids being stamped out with citizen Smith right on programming is only going to make it worse before it gets better

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Your ..I want to win an imaginary argument
It's not an imaginary argument. Your actual words are right up there above your post.

"More than half the country voted for him".

You said that. It's preserved on these forums. That's what we're talking about. Nothing else.

Why not be a man and admit when you're wrong?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Your ..I want to win an imaginary argument approach directly parallels the cultural state we have got ourselves into..and an ever increasing swarm of uni droids being stamped out with citizen Smith right on programming is only going to make it worse before it gets better

If you can’t see the fundamental difference between “Trump has the support of the majority of the US population” and “Trump does NOT have the support of the majority of the US population”, you’re an even bigger fuckwit than I thought. Your whole argument was Trump represents majority opinion; he provably doesn’t.

Job

Well no can ever have that if you want to include non voters can they..wtf are you lot even prattling on about.
I know you hate the fact that he won but arguing like schoolkids about it is a bit pointless.
But what about the babies..the babies would have voted for Hilary.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Awww. Diddums. Not confident enough to admit when you're wrong. :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well no can ever have that if you want to include non voters can they..wtf are you lot even prattling on about.
I know you hate the fact that he won but arguing like schoolkids about it is a bit pointless.
He didn’t even get the most votes so he didn’t get half of those who DID vote. You are just wrong. (And yes I know he won. That’s not the same thing)

DaGaffer

Even NOT including the non-voters he didn't have a majority of the vote. Your argument is wrong. Just man up and fucking admit it.

Job

You are just wrong. (And yes I know he won. That’s not the same thing)

Do you even..you have extracted an argument from nothing to prove nothing.
He won with the majority of the vote..end of...wether that was due to electoral weighting or not.
Its the system and you even know how pathetic you are being, but are determined to take it to end.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We're not talking about whether Trump won @Job. As much as you desparately wish we were.

you ya cunt said:
More than half the country voted for him

No. No they didn't.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Literally everyone vs Job and he still thinks he's right.

You're a dangerous human being.

DaGaffer

Do you even..you have extracted an argument from nothing to prove nothing.
He won with the majority of the vote..end of...wether that was due to electoral weighting or not.
Its the system and you even know how pathetic you are being, but are determined to take it to end.

For fuck’s sake you mong, he didn’t win the majority of the vote; that’s literally the opposite of what happened,

He won through the electoral college, which is an entirely different issue and leads to the opposite conclusion from the one you’re trying to make. The problem in America* is that the country voter’s vote is literally more valuable than an urban voter’s vote. It takes fewer country votes to deliver an electoral college vote than it takes for urban votes. This is a fundamental problem in American politics; as an absolute number there are always fewer “conservative” voters than “liberal” ones, and as urbanisation increases this only increases, but the lower population density conservative states can still maintain influence through gerrymandering. The truth is, the GOP only has a future by stacking the deck; if voting wards were comparable by absolute voter numbers Trump would never have got near the White House.

*This urban/country divide isn’t just an American problem but it’s most acute there.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
For fuck’s sake you mong, he didn’t win the majority of the vote; that’s literally the opposite of what happened,

He won through the electoral college, which is an entirely different issue and leads to the opposite conclusion from the one you’re trying to make. The problem in America* is that the country voter’s vote is literally more valuable than an urban voter’s vote. It takes fewer country votes to deliver an electoral college vote than it takes for urban votes. This is a fundamental problem in American politics; as an absolute number there are always fewer “conservative” voters than “liberal” ones, and as urbanisation increases this only increases, but the lower population density conservative states can still maintain influence through gerrymandering. The truth is, the GOP only has a future by stacking the deck; if voting wards were comparable by absolute voter numbers Trump would never have got near the White House.

*This urban/country divide isn’t just an American problem but it’s most acute there.

Mmm, would it not be a far off theory that the politics of America is driven by this? If there was better representation we'd see more of a UK style of parties perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom