Twisting Chants...

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Could someone kindly tell me what the optimum order is for twisting chants?

The order I currently use is:

1. Heal
2. Dmg Add
3. AF
4. End

TIA :)

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Depends what you need more..

If you need END asap, just finish with end chant.. the order doesn't really matter.

If you need hp's rather than end, finish with heal chant so you get the double healing a round. (eg, sec. 1 = af,dmg,end,heal. Gain 48hp's, sec.8 = '2nd' pulse of heal chant, gain 48hp's. Sec.8.1= af,dmg,end,heal ; gain 48hp's)

However, since twisting takes alot of end.. and then END chant takes power, i'd suggest not running the AF chant (atleast not vs yellow/orange mobs), this way no matter how you chant.. you gain more endurance than you loose during the twisting.

So, basicly..
1) Need endurance? 1) AF or DMG; 2) DMG or AF; 3) Heal; 4) End.
Want to use no power? press end again after hitting it for the first time, leave AF chant out of the twist, so you still gain more endu, then you loose (twisting)

2) Need heal? 1) AF or DMG; 2) DMG of AF; 3) End; 4) Heal.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Pretty much in PvE, end on Heal. After 42 chants you'll find yourself able to style 3 out of 4 blows or thereabouts (depending on styles), once your endurance 'runs out'. Roughly 2 of 4 at 32 chants, 1 of 4 at 22 chants. Then leave end chant on for a few seconds after a fight to recover.

In RvR, end on Endurance, generally, if you're supporting a Tank group, or use PvE tactics if you're only supporting yourself (or in a caster group).

Darzil

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Depends on circumstance.

One of the tricks for PvE that I do is a two-pattern twist:

1 Dmg Add
2 AF
3 Heal
4 End

5 Dmg Add
6 AF
7 End
8 Heal

This is a nice comprimise between holding agro, power usage, and endurance. Power isn't always an issue of course. With my quickbar setup, I can easily add a 5th item into the twist depending on circumstance, heat or elemental resist etc.

Can't really comment for RvR as simply don't take the goon out very much at all.

Mairghead

Fledgling Freddie
I do pretty much as Oro does.

My qbar is set up with:

1 Damage Add
2 AF
3 End
4 Heal

I just vary the finger pattern according to the situation. 1234 for double heal, 1243 for more end. 2 can be dropped out entirely or replaced with something else (e.g. heat resist), also depending on circumstances.

RoshiaPendard

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with the guys here although some important ( I think atleast) details have been left out. Personally I twist AF before dmg add, but always jsut done like that, no explanation. It is important to look at the situation and the state of your group when twisting though.

If you are in a group where it is important that you ( likely strongest tank) want to hold tight agro you should definitely twist heal last, double heal is awesome for getting agro. But are you in a group with f.ex. mercs ( they really eat end) then you might want to twist end last, as you can kill much faster as a group if mercs have end :)

But as Mairghead says it can be useful to learn to twist in two different ways without having to move around your qb, just to change your way of twisting. I have my chants on 0987, and styles on 1234 ( depending on what style I want to use)

Eroa

Banned
Qbind 4tehwin for chants F1->F2 for chants

press F2->F4 to get AF,Heal,Dmgadd
Press F1 for end
wait 4 seconds
Press F1 to turn end off
Press F1 again to turn end on again
wait 4sec
press F2->F4 to get AF,Heal,Dmgadd

and so on, if using more then 3 end draining chants at the time I think myself it drains to much end, In rvr you can switch away af for cold/heat resist depending on who you are facing (better get af from a bb)

Marc

FH is my second home
power loss shouldnt come into it because if you are twisting there is a way to twist your chants where you will lose no power. Or if you are on low power it will make you regen power

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
power loss shouldnt come into it because if you are twisting there is a way to twist your chants where you will lose no power. Or if you are on low power it will make you regen power

Do You Mean end when u say power?? cos chants dont regain ur power... and red end chants eats thru it like hella.

Marc

FH is my second home
no, i mean power. There is a way to twist that makes u regen power

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Right.. you say it like there's a power chant :p

Ok, here's the deal for end chant whole day long without powerloss

Sec1: Enable END chant
Sec 4.9: Disable END chant (so the next pulse doesn't take power, the first one takes end)
Sec 5: Enable END chant
Sec 9.9: Disable END chant
Sec 10: Enable END chant
etc
etc

This works because end chant doesn't have 1) a recast timer. 2) Only eats endurance first time, 2nd pulse power. 3) Each tik (or pulse) is every 5 seconds.

If you don't have 100% power, this will get you back to it.. but that's at normal rate for whenever you are regenning (either in combat or sitting/standing)

Marc

FH is my second home
Nope

You can twist all chants so you get the benefit of af, dmg add, heal and end...AND...regain power

Eroa

Banned
Marc said:
Nope

You can twist all chants so you get the benefit of af, dmg add, heal and end...AND...regain power

if you read what i said you see how to do it

Comos

Loyal Freddie
lol ... ok

yes you regen pow when u double heal

1. DMG chant
2. AF chant
3. End chant
4. Heal chant

if your repeat this cycle (called double healing) you wont lose power, but you will never have a lot of end that way. After each cycle you will get enough end for a couple of swings, then use it all up, and so on...

The way of chanting Tualatin described is good for when you are sprinting for example, you could keep sprinting all the time without losing power, but you wont chant that way in PvE combat cuz you'll need more then just end chant ofc.
These are the 2 ways of getting end without losing power, although the first way you will get very little end just for a couple swings as the double healing will use end too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom