True Detective

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Go with it - it's fucking worth it!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm sticking with it :), but it's a bit of a shift....

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I found that I wasn't really hooked hooked until about 4 episodes in. From that point forward I was enthralled though.

Chilly

Balls of steel
My enjoyment went up nd peaked at ep 4 then it just went a bit boring.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The last episode made me really connect with the cast. The last 10 minutes had me. Absolutely superb and I really hope that the next season, along with the new actors, can live up to such an amazing show. Worthy of beating any film Oscar.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Something was really nagging at me. Marty having bags full of tampons. I thought it was some kind of weird sex thing especially with the phone conversation he was having. So I googled it. Turns out this is to show what a normal guy he really is buying sanpro for the three women in his life at home. now I may be old fashioned but this doesn't strike the right chord with me. Do the men on FH all go out and buy tampons and pads?

Chilly

Balls of steel
Something was really nagging at me. Marty having bags full of tampons. I thought it was some kind of weird sex thing especially with the phone conversation he was having. So I googled it. Turns out this is to show what a normal guy he really is buying sanpro for the three women in his life at home. now I may be old fashioned but this doesn't strike the right chord with me. Do the men on FH all go out and buy tampons and pads?
No, but if I lived in a house with 3 women who may very well be sync'd I'd want any fuckin excuse to get out of the house when they were all on.

Chilly

Balls of steel
And in fact, I *do* live in a house with 3 women, but I happen to know they are not in sync. That would be bad.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Question is, are you in sync with any of them?

Chilly

Balls of steel
Well, if you saw that thread I made in Feb about one of them, you'd know how spectacularly wrong that went :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
My enjoyment went up nd peaked at ep 4 then it just went a bit boring.
So I just watched them all back to back over two days. I think it was near perfect up to episode 5, and then it felt slightly rushed. Still amazingly good though overall, brilliant acting, great characters and dialogue.
Going to read the yellow king sorry stories @Rubber Bullets linked to and rewatch.
Will be interesting to see if it's the same script writers for season two and what actors they can hook in.

Chilly

Balls of steel
So I just watched them all back to back over two days. I think it was near perfect up to episode 5, and then it felt slightly rushed. Still amazingly good though overall, brilliant acting, great characters and dialogue.
Going to read the yellow king sorry stories @Rubber Bullets linked to and rewatch.
Will be interesting to see if it's the same script writers for season two and what actors they can hook in.
It was written by one guy who had never done TV before. You can tell, because the pacing was amateur at best.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Watched the last episode last night and was practically hiding behind the sofa. It wouldn't be the same without those two actors.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
It was written by one guy who had never done TV before. You can tell, because the pacing was amateur at best.
I agree that it dragged a bit in the first couple of episodes, but I liked the slow burn feel. When your aim is to mine character, do you really need to be fast?

Chilly

Balls of steel
I agree that it dragged a bit in the first couple of episodes, but I liked the slow burn feel. When your aim is to mine character, do you really need to be fast?
It wasnt that he was slow or fast - I liked the slow bits. The problem was a lack of consistency in his approach to pacing. The last few episodes were just a hodge podge, imo.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I don't totally agree but I get what you are saying. For me it was like there were intentional moments of calm in a constant shit storm. The lulls were good for character development I thought. Or am I not getting what you are meaning?

To me the whole series was tonally and thematically consistent, and to me at least, that's the most important thing.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So you thought the last three episodes were not rushed compared to those before @Cerb

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I haven't watched it since but I don't remember it feeling rushed, no. What part of it did you feel wasn't given enough time?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I couldn't get into it at all. First episode bored me. Found it slow. Didn't like either character. Didn't rate the acting either. But I WILL persevere and try watching it again this weekend.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think the only reason it felt rushed was because the first half / 2 thirds was interview and flashbacks so kind of telling two stories whilst the last bit was now.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm going to stick my neck out with an unpopular opinion: this is so overrated. I'm bored out my mind. I thought it was just me but my missus (who watches vast amounts of TV) was like "I am so done with this".

Aye, the motorcycle gang bust was reasonably entertaining, but that was it. Oh and the tits.

Boring, slow, dull, average, poorly paced.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Not convinced about Vince Vaughan but I loved the first so I'll give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom