True Detective

eksdee

FH is my second home
That sequence was absolutely masterful. Such a great show, love how it built the tension up so well to this episode.

ileks

Part of the furniture
The policeman doing the interviews looks so much like Dion Dublin.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I was told to watch this by a buddy... fuck me what a show.

The acting, the script, the location, it's a grade A TV series. The second series has a lot to live up too after the performances from Woody and Matty.

Chilly

Balls of steel
The show is really, really, really good. The end of ep 4 with the six minute single shot gave me a hardon. MM's acting is masterful. HOWEVER, the only women in the show are mothers and whores. It's a bit fucking 1990. Marty's wife is a fucking sap, the rest of the female characters are 0 dimensional. The show is fucking great, though...

eksdee

FH is my second home
Kinda thought the portrayal of women was intentional to be fair. (You're right though.)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
The song over the opening credits to this has infected my mind like a virus the last few days. I cannot stop signing it in my head and humming it out loud.

I agree with you about the portrayal of females in it so far though Chilly. Perhaps, as Eks has suggested, it's on purpose. Some sort of Madonna/Whore complex that this whole world has.

I am loving the weirdness that's starting to creep into the edges of the show.
I finally caught up and watched ep5 last night and as Rust is walking through the school I had this uncontrollable sense of foreboding the whole time

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As I said last time, fucking awesome show, it actually puts many movies to shame. The last episode was just incredible and MM's acting is unreal. It will be a sad day when this season ends!

eksdee

FH is my second home
The song over the opening credits to this has infected my mind like a virus the last few days. I cannot stop signing it in my head and humming it out loud.

I agree with you about the portrayal of females in it so far though Chilly. Perhaps, as Eks has suggested, it's on purpose. Some sort of Madonna/Whore complex that this whole world has.

I am loving the weirdness that's starting to creep into the edges of the show.
I finally caught up and watched ep5 last night and as Rust is walking through the school I had this uncontrollable sense of foreboding the whole time

Was going to book tickets to see the band that do the theme tune (Handsome Family) at the 100 Club in London in May, but it sold out. Derp. Such a great choice of theme tune as well.

Calaen

I love the fact that it's about an hour for each episode, and not 35 minutes with 25 minutes of adverts. I think it has allowed them to remain true to the story in each episode, as I get the impression they are not trying to rush things.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I love the fact that it's about an hour for each episode, and not 35 minutes with 25 minutes of adverts. I think it has allowed them to remain true to the story in each episode, as I get the impression they are not trying to rush things.
I think that's more to do with the HBO model than a purposeful thing. HBO works off of subscriptions, so they don't have ads. Don't get me wrong, I agree that each episode is much stronger for being an hour, but I don't know that it's particularly intentional.

Chilly

Balls of steel
As I said last time, fucking awesome show, it actually puts many movies to shame. The last episode was just incredible and MM's acting is unreal. It will be a sad day when this season ends!
They may make another series but it wont be with this cast in this setting. They'd never be able to get the actors in the same place at the same time again.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They have already said that the next season will be a different cast and a different story.

leggy

Probably Scottish
While worrying, it's not necessarily a bad thing. It might guarantee a fresh approach rather than face the risk of it going stale (like so many other shows). This season will be fucking hard to top though.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Just seen this, McConaughey is truly an underrated actor.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1726669/

More like he finally decided to start making good films ;). Killer Joe is excellent.

On the new series = new actors + story thing, I'm totally behind it. It works really well for American Horror Story (though they use mostly the same actors). No way this could keep this level of excellence for more than one season.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I think this model will attract much bigger stars than you would normally see on TV as well, since they know they won't have to commit more than a few months of time.

Calaen

To be fair it was his own doing to an extent. Sahara? How to lose a guy? (I did like EdTV though... sorry).

Just goes to show that it's never too late to prove yourself. Unless you die.

I enjoyed how to lose a guy in 10 days :p and I loved Sahara it was a pure pop corn movie (I loved the books when I was a kid though)!

I recently read an article and he said he just wanted to get away from it all, so he stopped making films, stopped responding to script reading sessions. And eventually the kind of films he wanted to make started to land on his door.

Calaen

I think this model will attract much bigger stars than you would normally see on TV as well, since they know they won't have to commit more than a few months of time.

The question is who next :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Loved the last episode :) Another thing I didn't realise is that both WH and MC are executive producers so have some input somewhere which is good.

ileks

Part of the furniture
All I can say is wow, the acting and dialogue is nothing ever seen on tv before. I do believe that this show will be a landmark in changing future tv series (only if they can get the actors of this quality). Slow? Was it fuck, mesmerising, most definately. Hooked? Hell yes.

I thought this was a massive overreaction to the first episode but damn, you were right.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm astounded by how good this series is. The end of episode five, with Rust creeping through that school, was mesmerising. And now we await episode seven, I really can't wait
to see how the two characters interact and what Rust has been up to.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I'm saving this series for later. Gonna wait until there's lots of episodes and I'm not in the middle of watching something else

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom