Tribes 3?

T

theriven

i wouldnt hold ya breath waiting for it though.

W

|WarpiG|

i cant help but feel this is goin to be bad... very bad
i still cant wait to see wot its like thou

if they remove the bomber i will be gutted. All i want is deformable terrain, a playing area the size of a planet and over 1000 people playing on one server. Not much to ask eh?

N

N^G

i bet its some pay by month game like planetside...

T

theriven

well tbh given that it aint gonna be seen for a good time yet, most games or gsp's are gonna be p2p anyway.

S

Scouse

i still cant wait to see wot its like thou

Well - it's got very little fucking chance of a fair hearing if people are already saying this shit at the announcement that they are going to start working on another game has it? :rolleyes:

N

N^G

tbh i want tribes 1 again with decent graphics.

im certain what we will get will be something completely different however.

I hope it appeals to me, because if it doesnt it will be time for me to say bye bye to tribes and find something new to play

W

|WarpiG|

I think Marweas has some sort of sports game in mind for t3, thats why i think it will be bad. i hope it moves away from ctf type gameplay, and will focus more on big tactical battles for territory and stuff =)

S

Scouse

How about just ignoring everything until it comes out??

We can then go in fresh, play it, see if we like it and not already have pre-judged everything.

I know it's a bit far-out for some people - especially the internet community because as far as they're concerned they're fucking experts on everything and it should all be done their way and everyone else is wrong.

[/sarcasm off]

W

|WarpiG|

well its a few years off yet, how about i shutup until then :(

N

N^G

Originally posted by Scouse
How about just ignoring everything until it comes out??

We can then go in fresh, play it, see if we like it and not already have pre-judged everything.

I know it's a bit far-out for some people - especially the internet community because as far as they're concerned they're fucking experts on everything and it should all be done their way and everyone else is wrong.

[/sarcasm off]

how about you just dont read our posts and the rest of us can discuss it in peace?

touche

W

|WarpiG|

one thing thou
alot of future games are goin to be pay to play, may as wel get used to it that t3 may be also... that is if they go for large team based gameplay

it may get very expensive if i have to pay for planetside, swg, T3 and god know wot else, and by that time most gsp will be p2p so i will also stil have my bw/game sub...

im gonna need a pay rise :eek:

N

N^G

nah ill just go play daoc.

If i have to pay to play it will be a game type thats worth paying to play.

S

Scouse

how about you just dont read our posts and the rest of us can discuss it in peace?

touche

Quite..... ;)

IMHO - T2 was killed way before they finally rushed it out of the door.

I saw endless quotes long before people had even seen the game saying that if it was slower then this'd be shit/ if they nerfed the sniper rifle then they wouldn't buy it/ if they made it better they wouldn't buy it/ if they left it alone they wouldn't buy it/ if they re-released T1 but made the colour of the ground pink it'd be better for their girlfriends.....

Released as buggy as it was then few people gave it a go on it's gameplay - which (IMHO) was fine (if a little slow for my taste - but still better than anything out there).

I mean - look at the comments above:

and
i bet its some pay by month game like planetside...

Jeesus people. All the bloke did was come online and post that they're going to be making a game and they're going to respond to fan's requests and hopefully make it more like people want.

It could be shit - but I'll judge that when I play it.

Personally - I hope it's very different from the other two games- which I think rock. Variety is the spice of life as they say...

/me's off - staring change in the face and loving it.... :)

W

|WarpiG|

jeez...
i said its goin to be bad because i was a fool and read the posts by the idiots on the TW forum... u read them???
Marwaers actually listens to alot of them and thinks that they are the core T2 / T1 fan base... plus as i have said, marwears likes the idea of an online sports game that can be broadcast over the internet / TV... not a bad plan (for another game, not T3)

but u got to remember its Sierra... they will be happy to release a buggy version and then sack the dev team before they get a chance to fix it... as for P2P... more money for sierra on top of the cost of the game.

Grim view for the future but can we expect anything else????

U

[UKLans]Khan

Scouse, you have made the most sense out of anyone, and I agree with you! TBH I think Tribes and Tribes 2 are STILL the best games when it comes to "Gameplay"!!

AND! what chance does Tribes 3 have if people are saying it will be crap before ANY real info has been released, Sierra have proved that they are community driven by still working on improving Tribes 2/Getting it to a stable state.

Khan

W

|WarpiG|

Sierra are not community driven, they saw an oppertunity to make money and they took it... in the process they managed to split the community into classic vs base.

I love T2, and will continue to play it until a better games arives... hopefully that will be T3.

:D

If you make this third edition,
Give tribers Consideration.
T1 Skiing, not slow!
New maps, you know
Forget T2, it was shitty
but keep the graphics they were pretty
Forget the bomber, Nix the tank
No lance, It stank
The in-game features were lame
We are happy with e-mail and AIM.
Give us all an open beta
And listen to reports we give ya'
If you won't cheat and sell out on us
We will never give you cause to hate us
We won't post our photoshops, you as goatse
Make fun of your kid or burn your effigy

Thats the origonal message that prompted Marwares to reply with the whole T3 announcement, thats why i said it would be shit. Apart from the open beta and new maps, i disagree with everything he writes...

S

Scouse

Ta for the support Kahn

I agree to a point that Sierra are community-driven - lets face it - they have to be if they're going to pull a profit out of their games (lest we forget that they're a business rather than some hippy 80's gaming outfit!!).

I also think you're being unduly harsh on Sierra WarpiG. Lets face it - once they released a buggy game and got a few bug-fixes out then there was no need to continue development and embark on the potentially massive-loss causing "relaunch".

Somewhere in Sierra, amongst all the hard-nosed businessmen, is a gamer who loves the game and wants to see it do well and who wants to see it continue and go onto bigger and better things.

As for the community splitting into classic v base - the main driver behind that is the very subject of this post - the fact that everyone so passionately believes that they are right and their way is the best way, rather than just chilling and playing the game. Bit like the Q3/UT argument....

I don't think your P2P worries really have any merit:

.....its Sierra... they will be happy to release a buggy version and then sack the dev team before they get a chance to fix it... as for P2P... more money for sierra on top of the cost of the game.....
....Grim view for the future but can we expect anything else????

Well yes, I think we can! It'd be a major departure to make T3 a P2P game and also a massive risk since, lets face it, T3 is a make-or-break game for the franchise. I can't see them putting more stumbling blocks in it's way.

T4 on the other hand.....depends on how T3 goes.

Also - as for them being happy to release a buggy version - I think you may find this one is rock-solid - you're presuming that all these businessmen are so stupid they won't learn from past mistakes.

Either way - I can't wait for a little more jetpack action :)

W

|WarpiG|

its not about past mistakes, dynamix probably knew about most of the bugs in the code before release. Sierra wouldnt agree to fix them as that would require a further QA submission, delaying the release even more and probably upseting all the PR, magazine reviews, shop displays etc etc.

as for p2p... if T3 goes for massive team battles with servers capable of holding 100+ players then p2p will be required to cover the cost of the bandwidth / system costs. With all the other massive multiplayer games on the horizon, T3 may follow.

S

Scouse

its not about past mistakes, dynamix probably knew about most of the bugs in the code before release. Sierra wouldnt agree to fix them as that would require a further QA submission, delaying the release even more and probably upseting all the PR, magazine reviews, shop displays etc etc.

Don't you think that Sierra would have learned from the way they handled it last time around?

I bet the answer to the many "when's it due" questions will be far less firm this time round. Possibly the answer will be more along the lines of "when it's done".

Also:

as for p2p... if T3 goes for massive team battles with servers capable of holding 100+ players then p2p will be required to cover the cost of the bandwidth / system costs. With all the other massive multiplayer games on the horizon, T3 may follow.

In his statement he mentioned that you wouldn't need a Ninja-PC to run T3.

It follows that they're not going to be upping the bar on the number of players front to much above the current levels. (Don't you think the old 40v40 BW Megagames were enough?)

All the pointers lean towards a stable game and the desire to cater for the current fans, whilst attracting as many new customers as possible.

If you go "massively multiplayer" you:

A) Up the PC's requirements
B) Up the user's network connection requirements
C) Don't attract the casual gamer market
D) Have a programming nightmare for stability (especially for a game that is as fast paced as an FPS).
E) Have a balancing nightmare - how easy is it going to be to cap with 20 heavies sitting on the flag?

....and those are just quickly off the top of my head!

Your worries, Mr piG - are unfounded. Sleep well old bean and in a couple of years time wake up to find a sparkling new copy of a game called "Tribes 3: The Buttmonkey Invasion" lying next to your PC. Install it and find that everything has gone mauve and that you have a resource management platformer rather than your beloved FPS, but have a go anyway and find that you enjoy it :)

W

|WarpiG|

hehe, i guess it will be upto a mod team to make the sort of game i want. GTW came close but all the hassle with pnet sorta screwed it all up.

Sure he says the system specs wont be high, i cant beleive that. I upgrade constanly, and in 3 or 4 years time will have a much better PC. I guess he means the specs wont be high in relation to the tech available... P6 100ghz, gf10 :p

E

ECA

They tried changing the Tribes game dynamic into something better.

It failed.

Imho T1 was pretty much perfect, apart from a few small small flaws.

The only thing i think a lot of people wanted in the sequel, was a graphics update.

S

Scouse

The only thing i think a lot of people wanted in the sequel, was a graphics update.

I agree.

The problem with that is that people had played T1 so much it was beginning to die. The leagues weren't being contested with such vociferousness and less and less tribes were left - just the hardcore bunch.

It makes for a bit of a "cornish country pub" attitude - anyone new playing gets a grilling in the same way that there's always an atmosphere when you walk into a pub full of inbred locals....

X

Xtro

in the same way that there's always an atmosphere when you walk into a pub full of inbred locals....

So you've been to N^G's local then Scouse?

N

N^G

ahhh, a classic example of the typical maturity levels we have come to expect from you Xtro

X

Xtro

Originally posted by N^G
ahhh, a classic example of the typical maturity levels we have come to expect from you Xtro

Merry christmas you miserable, jug-eared ginger bastard.

S

Scouse

Ahhhh :)

<Scouse smiles as the memories of the high-class repartie of yesteryear starts to flood back over him>

Lo X. Still loitering like George Michael in a public loo then?

X

Xtro

Ahhhh :)

<Scouse smiles as the memories of the high-class repartie of yesteryear starts to flood back over him>

Lo X. Still loitering like George Michael in a public loo then?

Yes you scouse bastard.

(hello Scouse m8y merry xmas and happy new year ;))

S

Scouse

You too X old bean.......

In fact - I'm in a good mood (pissed) - Merry Christmas to the WHOLE WORLD!!!!!

(Part from teh cunt0r next door) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread