Tribes 3: Vengeance announced

H

haggisman

You can read it on the news on tribalwar or visit the article at IGN

I have always hated it when games have added in token multiplayer support when its balatently obvious the real meat is in the single player option. It's sad to see the tables have turned and now they have decided to add in single player support for a purely multiplayer based game. :(

I suppose all hope is not lost but when you hear quotes like
"We think of it like Tony Hawk with spinfusors."
from the producer you tend to worry.

S

Siven

Originally posted by haggisman
You can read it on the news on tribalwar or visit the article at IGN

I have always hated it when games have added in token multiplayer support when its balatently obvious the real meat is in the single player option. It's sad to see the tables have turned and now they have decided to add in single player support for a purely multiplayer based game. :(

I suppose all hope is not lost but when you hear quotes like
from the producer you tend to worry.

Hmm,
well it is no secret that the tribes series is geared towards Multiplayer , but i belive Tribes needed a single player area to begin with, and i do belive it will help the series in 2 key areas..

1) Hopefully more casual gamers will buy the game for the single player side of it, then they may get involved in the Multiplayer side. Increasing the good community we already have.

2) It will hopefully act as a good learning tool for the newbloods, so they have a better chance at the multiplayer area of the game.

Also That qoute of yours was referring to one of the New gametypes, more sports-based iirc.

And we have a great Dev team in Irrational games(See System shock2 and Freedom force) making it, and also a well known T1 vet KineticPoet. Which is always a good thing.

PS. come along to http://forums.gameshrine.com/general/ for the European communitys views on the news, and tribes series.

Siven/Metric

H

haggisman

It would decrease the amount of time that is spent on the actual multiplayer section though... TBH Irrational games isn't exactly known for their great multiplayer games. Single player seems like a step backwards towards an already bursting to the seems market of FPS's, Joe bloggs casual gamer might not even give it a second glance with all the other games out there...

It would have to be an insanely good single player mode to even attract attention, and to get it that good certain parts of the game will be left ignored by the developer...

The learning curve is always going to be a problem, training modes provide one option like in Tribes 1, 2. A helpful community will always help the poor newbies. Even simple changes to the gameplay mechanics will make it all the more friendly but i fear with all the lust for a spectacular single player it will make it harder for newbies to actually join the online crowd.

X

Xtro

May 19th...

Planetside...

nuff said tbh :)

oh and lo Siv, clicking on that link sent me back into a timewarp old m8 - take care :)

S

Siven

Originally posted by Xtro
May 19th...

Planetside...

nuff said tbh :)

oh and lo Siv, clicking on that link sent me back into a timewarp old m8 - take care :)

You might see me in PS m8.....for all of 2 secs b4 i fry your ass ;)

S

sunsoar

i expect youll see me there as well
gonna give it a go tomorrow

X

Xtro

Ps is the daddeh...or something. My God this game is FUN.

S

Scouse

X m8 - I presume you're on the Beta for PS.

Describe please. In detail :) I've got a few people who'd be interested in playing (me included)... I've just not been keeping up on it. What's the gameplay like compared to tribes?

O

Old_Bean

I suggest you check out the official website for details.
The games just too big to describe.
It's like Tribes 2 with more of everything, plus some.
And it's a persistent world with 10 continents.

www.planetside.com

C

Custy

Without Jetpacks and skiing, which is what makes tribes, tribes. So PS is nothing like tribes.

Still good tho.

P

plightstar

Can not wait till T3V, don't know about Planetside, can't be bothered to wait 120min in a que for the Open-Beta

Users who are viewing this thread