Tree Hiding...just a lame tactic or illegal??

• Thread starter Kerram Darktyde
  • Start date
T

tris-

Originally posted by Solid

Interesting read, hey Nobie, are you one of these guys by any chance? :)

Yeh Solid, im the one who hoards "eye of newt" and "red hair dye" and sell it to the fashionable witches at inflated prices.

:rolleyes:

O

old.chesnor

*sighs*

This thread deserves a good old ROFL.

V

VidX

And anyone silly enough to put their PC within goldfish-jumpig range deserves the goldfish bowl to fall on their PC and fry it :)

T

tris-

Originally posted by vidx

Pupil: But Sir! My dog ATE MY HOMEWORK!

Teacher: No Buts, detention for you lad.

Sorry, the goldfish thingy, besides being completely impossible (any goldfish big/heavy enough to be able to press the keys down would be outside), there is no way you are gonna get GOA to believe that story :p

yes but what if i swallowed the goldfish and it took control of my brain and made me do things i wouldnt normally? OR the goldfish jumped through the window and landed on the keyboard?

V

VidX

Originally posted by vidx
And anyone silly enough to put their PC within goldfish-jumpig range deserves the goldfish bowl to fall on their PC and fry it :)

Fry the PC, not the goldfish... otherwise all you would need is some chips and you could have goldfish and chips for dinner.

P.S. I may as well mention the microCHIP gag myself :puke:

G

Gef

Originally posted by n3wbie

Yeh Solid, im the one who hoards "eye of newt" and "red hair dye" so the all the fashionable witches have to do without.

:rolleyes:

Hehe, I make furniture and trap people!

T

tris-

Originally posted by Gef

Hehe, I make furniture and trap people!

Gef, you need some furniture parts? You can have em... only at inflated prices though muwahahahaha

T

tris-

Originally posted by Gef
I will ninja steal em from j00!
HAHA

Well i will get my mafia to make you pay them to beat you up and i will be the furniture parts and eye of newt lord again, muwahahaha

S

Solid

ITS ALIIIIIIVE

wow all this in my hour commute from office to home, good going lads :D

J

j000 d000d

Ehm, what's the difference between standing inside a tree and behind it? you always stick out anyway and if someone walks around the tree when you try to see him behind it you wont see him either.

Just find him with /face and you can see him and shoot/nuke him, and you can click him to target him.

You CANT nuke, shoot, click, attack, target someone INSIDE a wall, thats a lame exploit, but its totally different from a tree, it's 100x harder to get into a wall than standing in a tree (its just basically the tree has no physical wall and you can walk inside it for a part)

Oh, and its fixed with most trees, its just still possible with some trees.

M

Marcus75

Just to add to the confusion...

What about Kobolds and Lurikeens that are playing submarine in the water? Can they hold their breath forever? :D

I would think that the bug that makes them swim below water is just as bad as the tree-bug. Even IF they can be targetted and killed it aint as easy as spotting a huge Firebolg splashing around. :D

This terrible water-bug(a mob?) will perhaps be fixed when the expansion comes and there will be ripples(sp?) on the water.

And YES this whole post was just to give fuel to the flames... ;)

K

kr0n

Bah, all you Mr. FloodALots turned this nice Flame Thread to a funny post Thread of future Mr. Beans ;(

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Gef

Yay thanks .. okay so i'm a lazy git but hey it worked ;)

me too :) got it from catacombs which linked that story two days ago :)

O

osy

Hiding in trees is actually the ability to climb trees, which the lazy programmer that plays a lurikeen didn't implement throughly :D

I

ImLestat

Hmm, my view on this matter. Haven't read all the above posts too thoroughly, basically just skimmed them.

Two comparisons:
1. People standing on top of keep roofs were basically deemed to be able to get there without bug abusing. (Though I still haven't got up there myself one single time, despite trying lots, and know the spots to jump from. (Well, someone showed me where, I guess it is those spots)) This was first met with VERY angry voices, mine included, until we got an official answer. If you are able to hit the person with more than one type of attack, then it isn't bug abuse I think the official answer was. Someone that has the strength to can check that up more thoroughly. :)

2. Hiding inside mg's was deemed as bug abusing. Why? Because it wasn't possible to hit the person. (Or was it not being able to hit the person with more than one type of attack? Not sure.)

Taking those two situations into account, how would this situation most likely be treated? Well, speaking from personal experience (when the bg's just were introduced, I had a hunter which camped the hpk in Thid a little bit, where I found a tree where part of the tree covered me if I was near it.) I know that you can be hit with all kinds of attacks while standing there. No problem at all. Therefore my guess is that this situation will if judged upon be deemed as not bug abusing.

B

Blood

Its not a bug! its a feature!

I consider those trees to be hollow trees, and as such are perfectly allright to hide inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom