Tree Hiding...just a lame tactic or illegal??

• Thread starter Kerram Darktyde
  • Start date
S

Solid

this guy who is advocating bug exploiting obviously likes to have an unfair advantage, you didnt happen to be a "leet CS dewd" did you?

T

tris-

Originally posted by Solid
you didnt happen to be a "leet CS dewd" did you?

No i have never playeed CS in my life and certainly hope im not a "dewd". But so what if he likes an unfair advantage? What about when we have marksman surrounding a building with a gun weilding maniac in there, do they not have an unfair advantage? Yes, so should they not do it?

K

kr0n

"bohoo why I was killed by a bluecon when he was hiding in a tree and I was running around looking to be killed"... Whine? Learn to play and not get killed by someone like that?

I could whine bout assassins, if they actually get to do PA chain Im dead, cant do jack about it. Same thing. I cant defend myself.

Whine.

T

tris-

Originally posted by kr0n
"bohoo why I was killed by a bluecon when he was hiding in a tree and I was running around looking to be killed"... Whine? Learn to play and not get killed by someone like that?

I could whine bout assassins, if they actually get to do PA chain Im dead, cant do jack about it. Same thing. I cant defend myself.

Whine.

Exactly, dont assasins have an un-fair advantage on casters? Yes they do but there is fuck all you can do about it

S

Solid

2 differences, Assasins are an example of poor game balance and Bugs are something considered as not intended by Mythic and equals cheating in their eyes.

You read the CoC, you agree to them, yet you refuse to abide by them ingame?

There is nothing bugged about assasins, but there is something very bugged about "invulnerable" players in walls and trees.

One is an example of a guy playing their class well, the other an example of a shit player having to resort to flaws in the game, aka bugs, to gain an advantage.

O

old.Biffsmash

Originally Posted By N3wbie:

------------------------------------------------
So, what if in a war someone dug out the innards of a tree, hid in it and shot people from inside it, is he cheating?
------------------------------------------------

No he wouldnt, but this isn't a war its a game, and in this game you cant dig out the innards of trees :p

The bugs are there, it's up to us if we want to report them, then they get fixed (hopefully)

T

tris-

Originally posted by old.Biffsmash

No he wouldnt, but this isn't a war its a game, and in this game you cant dig out the innards of trees :p

But my point is, what if he/she is roleplaying that he can? Just because you cant see him digging the innards out of the tree does that mean he didnt do it? Its only a bug because some people dont like it, if everyone loved it, or 99% of the people loved it then it wouldnt be a bug but they would argue with the 1% of the people that its meant to be there

O

old.Biffsmash

Nice way of putting it :)

Guess its how you want to look at it :)

S

Solid

hehe roleplay or not, its still bugexploiting and still against the CoC and subject to being reported, no matter what spin you put on it.

Kerram is right to report it, bad thing is GOA cannot fix it, can only take action against the user IF evidence is damning (which I doubt it will be).

H

Hufner

Originally posted by n3wbie

And your point is?

Just using your flawed logic...
Anyways, your viewpoint is what you wish - luckily GOA does ban/suspend exploiters. At least some of them.
And I'll report what I believe to be exploits - if GOA says it's not an exploit I'll have to live with it or leave. Same goes for you I suspect.

T

tris-

Originally posted by Solid
hehe roleplay or not, its still bugexploiting and still against the CoC and subject to being reported, no matter what spin you put on it.

What if the person never read and agreed to the CoC, how are they supposed to know its exploiting a bug, they could just think its an 'undocumented feature'

D

Danya

But why should someone be banned for someone elses crap work? If the programmer did a proper job in the first place then there would be no bug to exploit
I suppose you have made many games then? I'd guess not or you'd know that bug-free software is a myth. It's impossible to make something completely bug free of the size of Minesweeper let alone DAoC. A 1000 line program has on average 20 million control paths through it. DAoC is probably 100,000 lines or more, there will be bugs, deal with it.
Given that they know there will be bugs, games such as DAoC have the CoC set out to say "if you find a bug, do not use it to unfair advantage". If you are playing the game your are implicitly bound by the CoC, you have no excuse. Saying "the bugs there so it's my right to use it" it utter bollocks, it's cheating, plain and simple. As stated before, CS allows aimbots but it's still cheating to use them. Hiding in geometry to unfair advantage is the same thing (be it walls or trees).

D

Danya

What if the person never read and agreed to the CoC, how are they supposed to know its exploiting a bug, they could just think its an 'undocumented feature'
By logging onto the server you agree to be bound by the CoC, ignorance of it's content is no excuse.

T

tris-

Originally posted by Dannyn

By logging onto the server you agree to be bound by the CoC, ignorance of it's content is no excuse.

Maybe under the laws of your country, but in other countries im sure its different.

K

kr0n

I bet Mythic has some other issues (Like balance of the game) to solve before they solve this "Im hiding in a tree when people dont know what /face does" thing.

O

old.chesnor

If the archer was standing inside a tree but could be targetted and could be hit then they have broken no rules.

There are (were?) pine trees in the Middy frontiers that are shaped like an X if viewed from above. The only part of the tree that is solid is like the pole in the centre of the X. But you can hide behind the tree gfx to take cover and you will not be visible on the other side of the tree. You can kind of move around the centre of the X so you are never visible from the road. People have used these trees since beta for cover.

You can be targetted, hit and /face works etc..You just can't be seen from the road. Not a bug, just wise use of the limitations of the gfx engine to gain an advantage.

Moral : Take care near trees and for the love of god /MACRO FACE /FACE :)

D

Danya

Maybe under the laws of your country, but in other countries im sure its different.
None spring to mind, do you have any evidence or are you trying to justify yourself as a cheating looser? When it comes down to it, it's GOA's server and if they wish to terminate your account there's not a lot you can do about it.

T

tris-

Some country in north of europe. Just because a contract is agreed with your name on ( or a CoC or what ever is agreed on your computer) doesnt mean you agreed to it.

D

Danya

In which case there's nothing to stop GOA taking all your money and saying "well that contract saying we have to provide a service for this money, we didn't really agree to it, sorry" :p Somehow I think you're reading that law a bit too liberally.
Also it still doesn't avoid the fact that's it's GOAs server and if you don't abide by their conditions they will just ban you and you can do nothing about it. :p

H

Hufner

That only applies to protect the consumer, I'd wager. If GOA bans your account for abuse, you wont get far in a court if you try to lift the ban. If GOA sues you for violating the CoC otoh, they wont get far.

T

tris-

Originally posted by Dannyn
Also it still doesn't avoid the fact that's it's GOAs server and if you don't abide by their conditions they will just ban you and you can do nothing about it. :p

i already knew that from the very beggining, i wasnt even arguing about that.

:puke:

J

Jupitus

Just a quick question, noobie - is your arrogance in this thread and apparent status of immunity from any GoA action a sign that you yourself use any bug exploitation ingame and got away with it? If so, and if you are so supremely confident about the status of the CoC from a legal standpoint, perhaps you would care to share some of the exploits you have used yourself with us here on the boards for our amusement??

:rolleyes:

O

old.The McScrooges

Hmmm wind up merchant or genuine tosser I'm not sure yet.

T

tris-

Originally posted by Jupitus
Just a quick question, noobie - is your arrogance in this thread and apparent status of immunity from any GoA action a sign that you yourself use any bug exploitation ingame and got away with it? If so, and if you are so supremely confident about the status of the CoC from a legal standpoint, perhaps you would care to share some of the exploits you have used yourself with us here on the boards for our amusement??

:rolleyes:

1. im not noobie im n3wbie
2. no
3. see 2

T

tris-

Originally posted by old.The McScrooges

Read my profile, in occupation or what ever it is, im sure you will find the answer there.

H

Hufner

Originally posted by old.The McScrooges

5c on choice no. 1 :p

H

Hufner

1. im not noobie im n3wbie
2. no
3. see 2

You call yourself n3wbie, he calls you noobie

5c on choice 2 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom