Tree Hiding...just a lame tactic or illegal??

• Thread starter Kerram Darktyde
  • Start date
K

Kerram Darktyde

I have recently seen a few people hiding in trees..
Some trees you can actually dissappear into..

I had an archer using it as cover so unless you looked very carefull or used /face.. you could not see him or even get an idea of where he was..

Is this just another Lame tactic used by a certain realm ( yes i know the other 2 realms might use it but i mainly come into contact with one realm in RvR and i seem to meet up with the less honourable section mostly) or is it illegal...??

It probably is not illegal as the roof climbing is deemed as not being :(

Tis just a shame that some people need to use cheap tricks or the rules right on the edge of legallity to make up for thier lack of skill in a game....

[/rant mode off]

:)

Next time I will get him..and his no good assassin mate
;)

O

old.LandShark

if they hide INSIDE bugged trees, it's the same as hiding inside walls and you should report em.
Make very sure you're not just confusing IN with BEHIND before you do this though ;)

O

old.The McScrooges

Aww I thought this was a post on the trees being stolen again.

(Hiding behind big trees is fine, inside is wrong.)

J

jimlim

it's the new Archer Class realm ability called camoflage.

when you arent looking, little feet appear out of the bottom of the trunk and it tiptoes up to u......just when u turn around it stops and it looks like any other tree :)

unfortunately some archers have worked out how to use this RA well, but you can easily spot the n00b......just look for trees ON the amg/mmg or keep walls :p

O

old.The McScrooges

Ahhh.

That would explain the tree running round near Prydwyn Bridge /y look at me, look at me!

Is it true that the hunter's RA gives them a snow topped look?

K

Kerram Darktyde

I will Report it..

not sure i have a Screenshoot but then again if i do it will be of a tree... :) was kind of busy trying to deal with the archer and his red conn assassin mate

If I see the Player or any other doing this again i will take a load to make sure i get one :) and not try to stay alive :)

O

old.windforce

bah,
don't wine
hiding behind trees is as hiding behing milegate. perfectly legal

K

Kerram Darktyde

Winforce Please READ the post carefully

I said IN trees not behind....

and yes was IN tree as i got closer i could see his bow tip sticking out of the tree NOT from behind it....and when i melee'ed him i was fighting a tree not someone stood behind a tree.....

So before Whining about a post read it carefully....
maybe even read it twice...

O

old.Cruel Heart

hiding IN trees is illegal and should be reported to GOA..
I have only seen 1 person using that bug, and that person was Eleasias, though I think it wasnt the real Eleasias playing that time...

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Kerram Darktyde
I will Report it..

OK, so archers are supposed to stand exposed in the middle of bowl and hope they dont get noticed....lol. Hiding is a part of war m8, you think that our troops in war dont use the odd tree as camoflage?

Next youlll be reporting us norsemen for hiding inside trolls :-P

L

lakih

Its legal to hide in trees aslong as your opponent can hit you back.

K

Kerram Darktyde

FAO Whoodoo

Oo 2 of BW forums brightest posters now out of the woodwork :)

Please read the thread again and again until you understand it...

Engage Brain before engaging fingers

I have no problem with Archers Standing behind tree, in long grass in dips, up high, on walls etc etc but in a tree where See hidden/detect hidden can detect them or even once firing can not be seen then that is bug abusing...

I will report it and if it is Illegal I will continue to report anyone i see doing it...

If you do not have the skill to play a game without cheating do not play the game...

K

Kerram Darktyde

Originally posted by lakih
Its legal to hide in trees aslong as your opponent can hit you back.

But it stops detection even while firing that has to be Illegal...

If i did not do /face i would never have seen him...

T

tris-

Bug exploiting shouldnt even be illegal, not our fault if mythic fuck ther code up. "Hey look im hid in a tree" ok your banned for life cos we did a crap job making the game.

F

Flimgoblin

Ahh n3wbie the troll, do you go to the CounterStrike forums and post

'My aimbot 0wnz j00 4ll!'?

do you even play DAoC? :)

K

Kerram Darktyde

Originally posted by n3wbie
Bug exploiting shouldnt even be illegal, not our fault if mythic fuck ther code up. "Hey look im hid in a tree" ok your banned for life cos we did a crap job making the game.

Ofcourse it should be illegal else Sinister would still be in albion killing Greys...

I doubt you get a Insta ban for first offense.
but if you do it enough you might..

T

tris-

Originally posted by Fingoniel
Ahh n3wbie the troll, do you go to the CounterStrike forums and post

'My aimbot 0wnz j00 4ll!'?

do you even play DAoC? :)

Firstly, no i havent even got Counterstrike, does it say i have an alias in my sig? Secondly, what exactly does an aimbot have to do with a)DAoC b) this whole thread? Thirdly, yes i do.

T

tris-

Ofcourse it should be illegal else Sinister would still be in albion killing Greys...

I doubt you get a Insta ban for first offense.
but if you do it enough you might..

But why should someone be banned for someone elses crap work? If the programmer did a proper job in the first place then there would be no bug to exploit

K

Kerram Darktyde

because you agree to the terms that GOA/mythic make when you installed game and agreed to the CoC..

T

tris-

because you agree to the terms that GOA/mythic make when you installed game and agreed to the CoC..

How do you know i do? How do you know it was me who clicked accept? i could of got my dog to put his paw on the enter key, then i wouldnt be accepting anything.

H

Hufner

Perhaps because those somebodys are ruining the game for other somebodys that don't know/want to exploit the bugs?

H

Hufner

Oooohh... I shot N3wbie with a gun!
It's not my fault, it's Smith&Wessons fault for making weapons that can be fired!

Ooooh! I used this stick of C4 to blow up his house as well!
Not my fault, blame the git Alfred Nobel for inventing TNT in the first place!

L

lakih

But it stops detection even while firing that has to be Illegal...

If i did not do /face i would never have seen him...

Ive been ganked by a Kobold runemaster, standing in highgrass, wearing black "armour" ;) at night in a dark part of yggdra. i had to use /face to see him, and he still had the time to use 3 dd's before i found him (i was dead at the time then). Was that cheeting? No. It was useing the enviorment to your advantage.

Just go on and be happy... try hide in a tree or something, its not as good/fun at it seems.

T

tris-

Originally posted by Hufner
Oooohh... I shot N3wbie with a gun!
It's not my fault, it's Smith&Wessons fault for making weapons that can be fired!

Ooooh! I used this stick of C4 to blow up his house as well!
Not my fault, blame the git Alfred Nobel for inventing TNT in the first place!

And your point is?

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by n3wbie

Secondly, what exactly does an aimbot have to do with a)DAoC b) this whole thread?

It's called an example...

it's pretty lame, the game allows it - most people would consider it cheating, no?

Same as hiding inside a tree is...

by all means hide behind it.. but not _inside_ it.

S

Solid

rofl you dont get his point? think it would be too much trouble explaining it, but here goes:

if you blame the tool makers for the actions of the tool wielder, every single gunshot murder can be blamed on the manufacturer of the gun, everysingle explosion that causes death can be blamed on the man who invented explosives and the actual people who carried out these crimes can get off scot free.

ITS CALLED AN ANALOGY

T

tris-

Originally posted by Fingoniel

It's called an example...

it's pretty lame, the game allows it - most people would consider it cheating, no?

Same as hiding inside a tree is...

by all means hide behind it.. but not _inside_ it.

So, what if in a war someone dug out the innards of a tree, hid in it and shot people from inside it, is he cheating? Its only cheating cos you dont like it. This is meant to be a role playing game right? Well what if he is role playing a person who digs the innards out of trees and hides inside them shooting people?

T

tris-

Originally posted by Solid
rofl you dont get his point?

Yes i did get his point, maybe some day you can learn the word sarcasm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom