Football Transfer Thread!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Bahu, the various leagues and the FA, and the clubs are all businesses, they have the right to sell the Tv rights to the highest bidder, the EU has said that oe braodcaster may not have a monopoly of these rights.

Why should sky be allowed to pay for and have a chunk of the football but setanta not? That is anti-competitive. Why should the BBC get football for a reduced cost, or for free? Again you have taken a complex situation and applied a over simplistic and un-workable solution.

I do not agree with paying two subscriptions to see football, but I do not agree with sky being the only broadcaster able to afford the rights either -they will simply get richer and richer year on year, hand in hand with the leagues.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Bahu, the various leagues and the FA, and the clubs are all businesses, they have the right to sell the Tv rights to the highest bidder, the EU has said that oe braodcaster may not have a monopoly of these rights.

Why should sky be allowed to pay for and have a chunk of the football but setanta not? That is anti-competitive. Why should the BBC get football for a reduced cost, or for free? Again you have taken a complex situation and applied a over simplistic and un-workable solution.

I do not agree with paying two subscriptions to see football, but I do not agree with sky being the only broadcaster able to afford the rights either -they will simply get richer and richer year on year, hand in hand with the leagues.

First off let me say I am not a troll, nor am I trolling to wind you or anyone else up...and yes, I am not implying you accused me of this.

I started writing my answer to your questions, but then with several possible solutions, there were several possible problems that may arise. I then started to explain my thoughts on these...but then I realised no one probably cares about our discussion, it'll all be forgotten in a day or so (by myself included). I also did not like trying to solve all possible "yeah but what about" issues.

In short, I think with the money we pay for TV licenses, we should get something more back.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
In short, I think with the money we pay for TV licenses, we should get something more back.

So what do the bbc stop making to pay the premier league the massive sums they command for a portion of the tv rights?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah and unfortunately you have to cater to everyone, or the licence fee would apply only to football fans.

I would support a subscription to the beeb for what it is worth to pay them £10 a month for footy rather than pay sky and make them richer, however that is against the bbc charter afaik.

Also the beeb do have live football next season, albeit Championship games, but only 10 of them. The spent the sporting budget on f1.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Why the sky hate they have by far the best coverage of football and the best commentators, I would rather give sky an ectra £50 a year and have Prem Plus back than pay £10 a month to Saltana who could not get though 90 minutes without losing the signal. Or we could go to ITV could be like the Liverpool Everton game every week ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The reason sky have the best coverage is that they have held a monopoly on the premier league coverage for years now, they have been able to cultivate it and throw more money at it as they make more money from the advertising and subscription. There is no hate, it's just facts. Competition is healthy, it encourages improvement.

ITV's coverage is a disgrace compared to sky, but then you have to bear in mind their budget is much smaller as well. I would like it if the beeb had the rights to the FA cup games, but I think they did well to not table a ridiculous bid as ITV and Setanta did -wonder what position ITV will be left in if Setenta cannot fufil their end of that £425m deal with the FA.

If things go the way they seem to be, we will be paying ESPN instead of Setanta for any extra games. Would it not be better to promote the growth of a broadcaster from the British Isles, than an already rich American one?

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
I thought this topic was about transfers of players.. not about tv rights zzz

Bahumat

FH is my second home
That guy should be not be allowed to play football untill the injured guy comes back. Not because of the tackle, but because he wears 1 white glove like jacko

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Since there isn't much football news going around we might as well talk about whatever is interesting.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

Yes sir thread nazi. Tell you what, I'll make a separate thread for every news story concerning football, these combined threads clearly don't work. I mean look at the prem league thread, no one ever talked about anything else in that thread!

edit:// http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8092670.stm - Fergie almost became Arsenal boss.

Whoa, now that would be a weird alternate reality!

Also Benetiz has ruled out selling Maschereno, which considering his stance on Alonso last summer, and Keane in January, probably means he is on the way to Barca.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
South American qualifiers on sky sports 1 tonight, 3 of them I believe. Ecuador v Argies is 30 minutes in now, Argies look really awful.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
wheeeeeeeeeeey england and all that, glen johnson was great xD

argentina have been dire so far, maradona = shearer

leviathane

Part of the furniture
South American qualifiers on sky sports 1 tonight, 3 of them I believe. Ecuador v Argies is 30 minutes in now, Argies look really awful.

lol 2-0 they're playing really shite. Looks like they're really gonna struggle to actually make the world cup :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Think they will still qualify, but Maradonna needs to sit down and think this through, he changes formation to often, and tactically just seems to send his players out to do what they want.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Damn you Marc :(

Can't turn your nose at 80million or a transfer request it seems.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm really upset he is going, but that is a hell of a lot of money. Also I have faith in Fergie to re-balance the team and sign someone to take the right wing berth. Probably Valencia, and maybe an approach for Ribery.

Another Ronaldo - unlikely, as there aren't that many players like that in the world, then again, Ronaldo was unknown 5 years ago when Fergie got him.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
you've always got Nani! lolol really hope i dont have to see him every week anymore

wonder if real madrid are going to sign any defenders? if they dont sign atleast two they are still going to be shit

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I bet Ronaldo wanted Kaka to sign for Real Madrid, before he did it himself :) the deal was always there.

Manchester doesn't need a replacement really. They've got Park already, who's on the same level as Ronaldo. Valencia would be a step down.

EA/Konami should sue real madrid, for making major balance problems in their games ;)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Will the club see all 80 mill or will a large portion go to ease the debt burden of the owner??

Can't see Man Utd get anyone even close to Ron for next season. Big loss and a lot of goals they are going to miss.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
80 Million is a lot and any club would be silly not to take it. I have faith in Ferguson and the rest of the sqaud, we can keep Tevez now with that cash and get in Valencia as an experienced premiership player with the potential to improve alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom