Football Transfer Thread!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Whats wrong with discussing it in the prem league thread as we already have?

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Whats wrong with discussing it in the prem league thread as we already have?

the premier league thread is so damn slow when posting. I suggest we make a "football thread".

as for the subject, Zigic may be off to Blackburn. Having seen him for racing a few times, he could be a very good replacement for Santa Cruz

leviathane

Part of the furniture
was always gonna happen imo, who can resist the lure of real tbh.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Might be taking Zidane's #5, kind of big boots to fill. I wonder how he will do.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I bet he'll do great. Kaka has always fought hard to achieve things.

Everz

FH is my second home
And Wolves have secured....

Noone.. seriously hurry the fuck up.

Lucius

Banned
I want Kaka to do well in La Liga, because he is actually likeable, and I think he will.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Villa being linked very strong with Michael Owen still. It has the fans pretty much split down the middle. Heck it isn't my money but if we could keep him fit (big "if") it would make a good signing.

It is still very early for transfers though, I imagine things will heat up after the U21 tournament.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
the premier league thread is so damn slow when posting. I suggest we make a "football thread".

Fair point, and one I made myself before.

why not make this an "off season" thread, and then we can make a new prem league thread for the new season.

Also, looks like Villa is on his way to Madrid next, although I am surprised they are letting him go so cheaply considering their level of debt. Reported price on sky sports is £33million.

Also, I'm a bit annoyed that the Kaka transfer is being touted as the biggest transfer on record, it isn't because of the strength of the Euro at the moment.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I do wonder why Madrid are signing all these offensive players. They've never really lacked creativity, but they will still haemorrage goals if they don't bring in some decent defensive players.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah all the player they have been linked with are attacking, and they are going to have to unload some of there current players.

Problem is the best defenders of the right age will be very hard to pry from their current clubs.

Everz

FH is my second home
Villa being linked very strong with Michael Owen still. It has the fans pretty much split down the middle. Heck it isn't my money but if we could keep him fit (big "if") it would make a good signing.

It is still very early for transfers though, I imagine things will heat up after the U21 tournament.

Your also after the same Serbian Midfield we are according to the Express and Shite.

Marc

FH is my second home
So then Corran, are you now gonna believe me in that you should always take what footballers say with a pinch of salt?

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
So then Corran, are you now gonna believe me in that you should always take what footballers say with a pinch of salt?

In kaka's case I really do believe that he wanted to stay at milan. Yet for a club with fianncial issues like milan, it was best to sell kaka for such a high fee. And ofcourse kaka doesn't mind playing in a team that actually has a chance to win something in europe.
Also Berlusconi thinks ronaldinho can replace kaka... clueless

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
BBC NEWS | Business | Setanta 'is on brink of collapse'

Well looks like Setanta is on the way out unless they get someone to buy the game packages they hold for next season.

They obviously failed to draw enough subscribers, but I think their main failure was the joint bid for England games with ITV. Most of the games are against minnows, no one cares about the friendlies - I certainly would not pay £10 a month to see Englands friendlies and odd qualifier. That deal with the FA and ITV was a combined £425 million -okay it included FA cup games, but again, not worth the money.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Personally i want them to go because if i want to watch all the matches i have to pay for another subscription on top of my sky sports subscription.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well you will have to anyway, the EU commission ruled that one broadcaster may not own all the rights. ESPN have been hovering and bidding, they will most likely pick up the package if Setanta cannot pay up. They will not offer a free service either.

That is not a reason to want them to go bust, you are talking about 100's of jobs being lost, and the financial impact on their creditors.

Marc

FH is my second home
The problem with shitanta is that they only show like one decent game every month and everyone just does down the pub to watch it anyway.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Okay, I'll bite - why? What is wrong with you that you would want them to go bust, or are you just flaming for the sake of it.

Cause I think when we pay that tv license money, we should get the football on the bbc. Also Setanta are a bit too efficient at removing the football videos from youtube...sky or itv highlights are on there for ages, but Setanta get them removed almost instantly

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i hope setanta stay up! they have an awesome transfer blog!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Sultana are crap they have crappy signal always dropping off and shite commentators

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Cause I think when we pay that tv license money, we should get the football on the bbc. Also Setanta are a bit too efficient at removing the football videos from youtube...sky or itv highlights are on there for ages, but Setanta get them removed almost instantly

I'm sorry, I do not even know where to begin with that. Do some research mate, sports rights are sold to the highest bidders, the BBC simply cannot afford the top end footy rights. You are trying to simplify something that is not simple at all, and your happy solution is that a company goes bust?

So what about sky, are you happy for them to go bust? You do realise that the sporting leagues (not just football, but golf, and the irish sports that setanta show) will loose a lot of money from this. Football especially is kept going by the huge tv revenues. I could go on, but I'm convinced you are flaming, if you had any real idea of the issues involved you would not make such a flippant statement.

Oh and I hope you are never in a company on the verge of administration, because it is not nice, even without people wanting you to "go bust"

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Why? It is very important and relevant to football. That is a lot of money that leagues in the UK will not recover. The SPL in particular is screwed, they are unlikely to get a broadcaster who will offer them anywhere near what setanta did for the rights to their games.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
okay enough about setanta, more about transfers xD

Think i read somewhere that everton are looking into Steven hunt and kevin doyle from reading, and joe ledley (i think that sounds right)

not sure im convinced by these players tbh, hunt atleast puts himself about the pitch.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
You are trying to simplify something that is not simple at all, and your happy solution is that a company goes bust?
Yes

So what about sky, are you happy for them to go bust?
No

I could go on, but I'm convinced you are flaming, if you had any real idea of the issues involved you would not make such a flippant statement.
I do not believe Setanta should have a chunk of the football. Sky own a majority, someone said they cannot own all of it (may have been you?). If that's the case, the BBC should get it. In all fairness, the BBC should not have to pay a ridiculous price to show the football as they already pay x% of their profits into financing new shows.

Football clubs would then be paid an equal share of whatever BBC have to pay for the rights. There would be no "man utd get 30 million and spurs get 8million" or whatever the figures are. This would no doubt help the newly promoted clubs.

Oh and I hope you are never in a company on the verge of administration, because it is not nice, even without people wanting you to "go bust"

I don't mean to be rude or arrogant here, but I never said going into liquidation or employees being made redundant is a nice thing? However I think I understand the point you're trying to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom