Toughest bard u met in 8vs8 fights

saitoh

Loyal Freddie
Redb for sure
soruu was uber too but np didnt play v.long on pryd

Oldbone|Ramble

One of Freddy's beloved
Vodkafairy said:
so how come redb is this legendary? me being an excal noob, i havn't ever seen him play. just curious! :)
As bard he was first to hit rr11 on prydwen very fast, and one of the first to run "set grp" on prydwen, with Eclipse.

Since he took a break at some point he lost the "set grp" part in daoc and after that you could see him run solo or in small grps with friends mostly, then when NF arived he retired and started to play Guild Wars.

Very good player, odd personality, altho very funny, my best rvr memories in daoc was with redB and Lorelei.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
hmm never had opportunity to play with all bards, but there are few who stand out.

naic

Loyal Freddie
Redb was ace, and also Edlina on his old bard Edliana was nice (haven't played with him on Mrmotivator I think.)...

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
so how come redb is this legendary? me being an excal noob, i havn't ever seen him play. just curious! :)

solo on a class thats hard to solo on, on a low pop server and you'll stand out a lot.

i was leveling up and just starting to get RvRing while he was active and him, along with jamiesmallicus, usp and a few other names, everyone knew and respected.

reason why bards dont stand out anymore is because their solo tools were taken away with new RA's from NF and are v weak thanks to ToA bonuses on other classes, and most active bards are normally an alt of someone else just filling in. probably only about 10 bards who are people's mains now.

tis what i think anyway.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Seanpaul said:
reason why bards dont stand out anymore is because their solo tools were taken away with new RA's from NF and are v weak thanks to ToA bonuses on other classes, and most active bards are normally an alt of someone else just filling in. probably only about 10 bards who are people's mains now.

don't think bards are judged on their soloing abilities really - i solo'd a lot with my bard and was able to kill many people (or the more then plenty infil/mincer duo's) but it doesn't say shit in fg performance

would be fun if bard was still viable solo though :(

Reignfire

One of Freddy's beloved
tierk said:
Anyone remember Fearmast? He was another bard used to knock about in OF even pre-si if i remeber right. Quality too.

Yeah. Fear was probs one of best bard of his day.

Mezzmerrizin is another bard I love to group with in small and FG RvR. Excellent on the positioning, interrupts and CC. Always aware of his surroundings.

Chamie

Loyal Freddie
Never played DAoC with or against redb so dunno how good he was but can say for sure that Rvn was the most annoying but the game has evolved fuckloads since then so the way the bards played before would prolly not work today since fg vs fg tactics are way different now... More defensive et.c

So for the active now I must say Maril cuz he's the only one of the active bards that are actually hard to win CC against ;o.

miracle-mm

Fledgling Freddie
redb is da best :p
saaadyst ze one with looooong name and his afks for +1h :worthy: , reklaw on excal

Zvixx

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
hmm never had opportunity to play with all bards, but there are few who stand out.

zvixx !!! i know u wonna say it ! ;p

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
redb, marilz, edlina, and for a period murweli id imagine

altho long ago i do recall smth bout miss being quite annoying on excal who seemed like "insta stun from mincer or loose mezz"
random roleplayer bard too back in the days, must have been dwyster i think, who cost us many a fight with his strafing skills

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:

Very good mezzer, always read situations really really well and was a very good leader for groups aswell. Add to that, a nice personality and we kinda have a winner. Never seen a better bard than redB, ever.

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
He was just first class Edlina is fucking good but Redb was just 2-3 steps better.

In OF with Redb as bard and Lourker as druid = rps farmage :)

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
/military to all those that coped with End FFS the most! :)

Can't remember who coped with end FFS!!!1 the most now! I know a few who didn't..

Side note which old Hib Pryd players can remember who shouted end ffs the most, even when medding! A hunk of cheese to those that remember. ;)

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
GrIrcSpammer said:
dunlest :(

when i knew he was out rvring it felt like he was everywhere. like NO MATTER WHERE U GO I M GNA FIND YOU LOLO xD Still remember this time i was duelling a nightshade on my sb behind mpk and he showed up with a mini grp and killed us xD

I smell something fishy :sex:

prozze

Fledgling Freddie
dwy, blazie
and about redb, he prolly was good with the instants back in the day, but would he cut it today? :flame:

tribute

Fledgling Freddie
prozze said:
dwy, blazie
and about redb, he prolly was good with the instants back in the day, but would he cut it today? :flame:
I bet he was casting mezz and rvring while you stod in Mularn and wondering about how you pick up loot^^

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
tribute said:
I bet he was casting mezz and rvring while you stod in Mularn and wondering about how you pick up loot^^

Considering he lvl'ed a cleric before rerolling to hib that's not the case with a lot of old-time players, unless you count his pbaoe mezz in smite ;)

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Saadyst for sure..

Gargo if he had a bit(a lot) of anger management therapy :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom