Tough to play classes?

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Krane said:
Lubly RPS always zoy xD

P.s.: toa robes can be dyed fyi

that comment would imply that u kill me on a regular basis..... now ask yourself is this true ?

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Has Zoyster changed owner? :/

I heard people claiming he talks funny but I'm not laughing :(

(No whine/flame/negativity meant by this, was just expecting some kind of weird semi-madeup language I guess ;p)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
You sure it dies with 1 shot? I think you forgot the problem with pbt and speed sticking to pets even when miles away. So, with pbt you need at least 2 shots (maybe more) for a crappy grey pet....

trick is to nuke em down before they reach u, all their stupid buffs they get wont increase hpts so magical dmg is still gonna pwn em, espeically base smite nuke against spirit weak (i think) druid pets.

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and am I the only one thinking Necroes can be tough to play in RvR? :/ Is there a difference between meeting someone like Illian or random necro #45?

Bleh maybe I should just accept that necroes aren't hard to play well in RvR ;p

So it seems to boil down to:

Hardies:
Sorc
Mincer
Bard (?)

Semi-tough:
Healer classes

Easy:
BDs

...so far

I'm really appreciating this btw so keep the opinions flowing ;)

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Cons buffs increases their magic resistance, but yes, a base smithe 1-shot grey pets or at least 10%health-snare them), the problem are the green cons pets and the companions :(

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
bahamot said:
you call it hard to interupt with 4 seconds instant dd, staff and pet at same time? :D
try to same as mincer, when grappled ;)

It was just a comparison between wizard/bonedancer to simplify my case, I'm sure its no easier with Minstrel.

Foolish

Fledgling Freddie
Its good how everyone thinks there own class is the hardest to play.
BTW, bm is the hardest class to play in the game.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
You sure it dies with 1 shot? I think you forgot the problem with pbt and speed sticking to pets even when miles away. So, with pbt you need at least 2 shots (maybe more) for a crappy grey pet....

Oh bless, 2 shots, and with a half decent tank it's dead in no time. Point is a regrow druid doesn't have any nature spec and is specced in healing like the cleric so I doubt very much playing a cleric is so much harder.

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
friar is hard to play ;) ow and paladin is piss easy atm, run end chant > bg sorc > looks nice, nothing more :X

Belomar

Part of the furniture
nol said:
Oh bless, 2 shots, and with a half decent tank it's dead in no time. Point is a regrow druid doesn't have any nature spec and is specced in healing like the cleric so I doubt very much playing a cleric is so much harder.
It's probably not harder to play a cleric for this reason. However, a druid is arguably a better class than a cleric due to having access to a pet.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Isn't it harder to play a class with more things to do?
I think a mincer is the hardest to play using all the tools available to them.
Cleric was very easy compaired to other classes because we only had a few things to do. Doing it well is another thing :)

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
After playing same class for afew miljon rps you can't say its tough anymore you can say you play more concentrate and less tho, even if you do have alot of abilitys, but i guess learning curve on a minstrel is higher then learning how to play a icewiz or someother class with less utility.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Z^^ said:
After playing same class for afew miljon rps you can't say its tough anymore you can say you play more concentrate and less tho, even if you do have alot of abilitys, but i guess learning curve on a minstrel is higher then learning how to play a icewiz or someother class with less utility.

take me out of ur sig imo, i don't like being famous

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
It's probably not harder to play a cleric for this reason. However, a druid is arguably a better class than a cleric due to having access to a pet.
I agree, something special about sending your kitten after a wizard, and then laughing while he runs away instead of killing it.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
remi said:
random warden grapplebot guy >>>>>> any savage, mmk?

for now yes, for the last 6 months, no. I bet u have no idea how good it feels to grapple high rr savages who got rp pl'd to rr8+ the last 6months

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Fluid said:
for now yes, for the last 6 months, no. I bet u have no idea how good it feels to grapple high rr savages who got rp pl'd to rr8+ the last 6months

oh and it feels even better to grapple them when popov and fame are stood right on top of them uninterupted

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Just be careful with trying to pbaoe grappled reavers (who still got some power left...) :)

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
It all depends on what you mean by "tough to play classes". Do you mean which classes have a worse chance of winning fights than others, and hence need to play better - OR do you mean classes that is hardest to play up to 100% of their potential?

Example: Suppression Bonedancer
Skill needed to play to perfection: High
Level of perfection needed to perform good: Low

Example: Ice Wizard
Skill needed to play to perfection: Low
Level of perfection needed to perform good: High

Who's tough to play?
Bonedancer

Who's tough to perform with?
Wizard
Good post, some classes (like the sorc/mins/bard/pac healer) are hard to play well and also hard to perfect.

I think most people here are talking about classes who are hard to play at their 100% potential, which would make a savage and BD hard to play as well but I guess we are influenced slightly by the fact even at 50% potential both those classes are pretty deadly.
Ilienwyn said:
I hate that bug, a caster can easily waste at least 5 seconds swinging his staff at a bloody grey pet with pbt that chases them at >sprint speed. Should just be able to sprint away turn and nuke down any pet imo.

Spyf

Loyal Freddie
I only played my Sorc and Cleric in RvR in this game, and sorc is by far the most difficult class to play of the 2 imho.
It could be me sucking at playing sorc...who knows

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
of all the ones i've played, and i've played most from all realms now, i would say sorc. mezzing aint hard, in fact thats the easy bit, but juggling debuffs/pet use/roots and interrupts all the time trying to keep yourself alive (as a cloth wearer) is what i call tough :)

minstrel is highly technical but not hard, that insta-stun stops it ever really being hard tbh ;)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
healing classes in all realms. (not spreadheals4tehwinm8s i dont even press another button on my qb typos)
and all classess with high utilty rate, as ilum mentioned earlier something like this.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
oh and it feels even better to grapple them when popov and fame are stood right on top of them uninterupted

4 fz - ae stun - svg - sm - bd

mmm sooner or later someone gonna mixem and you will beh like wtfwasthatm8s?

imo : )

Evina|Andy

Fledgling Freddie
Well we are testing that kind of setup you talking about Dorin. So far we did much better than we expected VS different types of albs / hibs groups setups. Most mids are reductant for grouping BDs because lacking of pbaoe or a strong nuking. But yes we can deal good damage fast to one target, and interrupt. Many times meself leads the group, because the 1500 lt range is a life saver sometimes..... if hibs and bard lullaby, i can lt him before he casts mezz, giving time to our pac to mezz.... same for sorc.... if he dont qc from start, we mostly like win mezz fight.... and being a caster able to eat some punishment from enemy MA train if pets not mezzed or if our mends are not CCed, is another good thing for group. I dont mind if i die, but if I can keep their MA train busy for some good secs, I buy time for my group to kill their supports / casters. Playing a class at it's full potential is variable. Even if all went great for your group in a fight, if you look back at it, each of you will, for sure, find there where some things they could have done to make it better, but missed them. Peeps say BD is easy mode etc. Depends if you want to make use of all skills the char has for max benefit to your group. FG fights are fast paced. So many things to do. If you think all BD can do in group is pull out staff, stick a target and lt it you are very wrong.
But again, playing more, will improve your skills at playing your class and adapting to group tactics and needs. No matter what class you play, they all require time to master it. And, there is always room for better.
Cya in Emain :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom