Tough to play classes?

flex

Fledgling Freddie
I can not say i have alot of experience playing a group mincer but the times i played mine i found it harder then playing my sorc.

flex

Fledgling Freddie
and i agree that clerics must be a very hard class to play with all the pets & interrupts. And their only utility is healing wich makes the class less enjoyable then healer & druid i think.

Calo

Part of the furniture
easiest is 100% enchanter, u dont have to be good for it ..

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
cc'ing classes and healing classes are the hardest.
then followed by healing classes, tank classes like mercs are easy as there is.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
[NO]Subedai said:
cc'ing classes and healing classes are the hardest.
then followed by healing classes, tank classes like mercs are easy as there is.

wouldn't say a merc is easy to play atm with the amount of grapple grps about, takes a lot of patientce and a good MA

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
flex said:
and i agree that clerics must be a very hard class to play with all the pets & interrupts. And their only utility is healing wich makes the class less enjoyable then healer & druid i think.

After playing almost all classes in this game i find healing classes most easy to play.
Clerics have baseline dd, stun. With 10smite they can get ae dd so appart from not having a pet they can interupt same as druid ^^
The point is most of the clerics dont know or cant play the class property as i didnt saw realy a cleric trying to interupt except lakeen :|

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
Solo cave Shammy in emain is an exercise in frustration :D

Dark SM with MoC is very hard too ;) ;) ;)

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Devaster said:
After playing almost all classes in this game i find healing classes most easy to play.
Clerics have baseline dd, stun. With 10smite they can get ae dd so appart from not having a pet they can interupt same as druid ^^
The point is most of the clerics dont know or cant play the class property as i didnt saw realy a cleric trying to interupt except lakeen :|

yah laakens best cleric atm, totally qq boi but good cleric

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
well healing can be hard and it can be easy depending how u play.
pressing the heal button when u see sum1 take dmg on the qbar is easy, if thats how u want to play ur healing class then ye its dead easy. but these days healing like that will get ur grp killed. u gotta predict when dmg is gonna get dealt and who itll go 2 (if u wanna be effeicnt with ur poweer) figuring this out can be challening at times but against the best grps this will be nesacerry, also gotta keep track of druid pets and shit like that, start petting people with zo pets if u see support or casters free. using sog root on tank train and stuff. a healer class like a cleric is moer than just healing it can be interrupting, assist stun'ing on the ma's target etc. and a host of other crap.
thus i say healing classes are hardest :D

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
yah laakens best cleric atm, totally qq boi but good cleric

i'd say the NO clerics are best atm :) Faharaqin, Subedai and Effi - much harder to keep 2 wizzies, theurg and Sorc alive than tanks, espcially since we only have access to 1 bodyguard

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:
how fun
someone actually believe its "hard" to play daoc? :eek:

Well everything is relative... Of course once you have mastered it you don't think it's hard. Do you think Tiger Woods goes: "Oh sh*t golf is SO damn hard I think I'm going to crap myself!" when he goes out on the golf course? I beleive he finds golf rather easy to play tbh, but that doesn't mean that it's easy for everyone else. So that statement you just made is actually referring to how hard it is to play a class once mastered. The path to mastering can in many cases differ in "hardness" I guess, and that's what (of course) I'm trying to find out peoples opinions about.

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
well healing can be hard and it can be easy depending how u play.
pressing the heal button when u see sum1 take dmg on the qbar is easy, if thats how u want to play ur healing class then ye its dead easy. but these days healing like that will get ur grp killed. u gotta predict when dmg is gonna get dealt and who itll go 2 (if u wanna be effeicnt with ur poweer) figuring this out can be challening at times but against the best grps this will be nesacerry, also gotta keep track of druid pets and shit like that, start petting people with zo pets if u see support or casters free. using sog root on tank train and stuff. a healer class like a cleric is moer than just healing it can be interrupting, assist stun'ing on the ma's target etc. and a host of other crap.
thus i say healing classes are hardest :D

for the caster grps dont spec more then 35rejuv. just spam lvl30 spread 2k3. u will be amased how effective it is and how little power it consume.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
that maybe ok for hibs on excal but not for albs.
ur healing is 20% more effective and so is ur dmg, so we take 20% more dmg and heal for 20% less so it wuld not be that effective for albs as for hibs.

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
that maybe ok for hibs on excal but not for albs.
ur healing is 20% more effective and so is ur dmg, so we take 20% more dmg and heal for 20% less so it wuld not be that effective for albs as for hibs.

it is a fact, but 25% toa bonus still should do. personaly i cap on 1st spread at 740hp Oo

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
well that sais it all really :p
my 39 spread heal with moh1 and 25% toa caps at like 775 or summin.

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
Normally don't get grouped but reavers gotta be one of the hardest to play well:

2 ranged insta-interrupts, pbae interrupts, virtually all styles are reactive or positional, knowing when to purge (no-det), and if you throw in ML abilities a banelord reaver has even more to do, especially vs a hib pbae group.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Devaster said:
it is a fact, but 25% toa bonus still should do. personaly i cap on 1st spread at 740hp Oo

740 * 0,833 = 616,66 is what u would heal for w/o u power relics :)

fatcat

Fledgling Freddie
Devaster said:

it'd be understandable if you had the 39 rejuv/37 enhanc spec (or any other weird spec), which i played with myself before toa. it only leaves pts for 4 smite and to try to interrupt with 37 pp smite and 30 pp stun, it will pretty much screw your power bar all over the place. now i have 10 though.

i haven't tried to play alot of classes, but i can imagine that minstrel is one of the hardest classes to play good.

fatcat

Fledgling Freddie
devaster is right btw, it's not all about healing for big numbers.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
ceixava said:
would have to say bard, even with moc and phoebus, still too many tasks on one char

Sounds like Minstrel, got a level 50 one and hate playing him in RvR. Too many abilities on one character. It may be overpowered but damn if they dont have too many quickbars :)

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
1) Sorc
2) Bard

Got experience with ice wiz, reaver, eld and pally... bard/sorc are much harder tho. I'd say sorc is hardest, as they have slightly more tasks than bards, and are less protected.

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Well . . . IF you are using a buff-bot, and taking ML's into account, i have no say in this matter.

if it is a class (any class) not using a buffbot and since i recon its rvr vise you are asking witch class is the hardest to play, i can only give a answer on a Midgard class as it is the only realm i have played a class to 50.
The greatest challange truely has been to play a Thane, but also hunter can be a tough 1 to get a kill with unbuffed.
I am ALWAYS unbuffed except for charges from items, potions and if im in a group, finding unbuffed opponents is truely rare, witch makes it especially hard for my hunter to make a kill.
The greatest challange of all is playing "fair game" not many master that :cheers:

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
Wildfire said:
1) Sorc
2) Bard

Got experience with ice wiz, reaver, eld and pally... bard/sorc are much harder tho. I'd say sorc is hardest, as they have slightly more tasks than bards, and are less protected.

dunno what is your view on the bard class but bard has ALOT more tasks than sorc

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
ceixava said:
dunno what is your view on the bard class but bard has ALOT more tasks than sorc
hmm I dis-agree, bard has songs which are pretty passive (speed when moving, end in combat), the insta shout dd (very easy to use), insta lull (also easy) and finally mezz (and some cure mezz). As far as I can tell the hardest part of a bard is deciding whether to use insta mezz or just castable mezz at the very start of a fight and getting end song going as early as possible.

Sorc is tricky, two types of cc (+ demezz), lots of debuffs (ae str/con and dex/qui and single target), castable amnesia, lifetap, pet control, quickcast (and in fact using quickcast correctly is probably the most skilled part of playing a sorc).

Minstrel is also tricky, overpowered in the stealth war maybe but not in group rvr, the hard thing with a mins is using their ability to interupt 2 or even 3 people at once and trying to keep your group demezzed at the same time. Minstrel with a red con charmed pet (like a mindworm), now thats a different story! :)

I agree a solo guarder pre TOA looked quite hard to play but its made a lot easier by being almost cc immune (det 5) and not having to worry too much about staying alive, all you really gotta do is make sure your guarding the right person, make sure you are near that person and slam any enemies also near that person! :) I have to admit Tusk does make it look easier than it really is but im sure 6 sec pbt is a big help as well though, which brings us to the warden which is prolly one of the easiest classes to play yet also one of the most useful to have in a group (pbt on chain armor, good idea! and now grapple as well :( )

Healing classes also look quite tough, skill there seems to be all about position and predicting when and where damage will occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom