Tough to play classes?

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
So just wondering what you would think/consider are the toughest classes to play. Also, which are the easiest?

In my opinion most classes are quite easy to play, but on the contrary most classes are very hard to play very well.

Hard ones (well played):
Sorc
Sheild tank
Necro (?? I have no idea but they don't seem like the easiest to play well)
Bard
Healer
Cleric
Druid

Easier:
Light tank
Bonedancer
2H melee

Just making a little list of opinions out of personal interest ;p If you don't want to add to the list or comment on anything on-topic you don't have to flame the thread to hell and back.

Thanks in advance!

- English -

Resident Freddy
imo all classes are easy to play when you know how. If you dont know how to play a class well, then they sux.

from my char experiances id say the sorc is the hardest one to play, but when you know how it comes naturally. The easiest one id say is necro.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Bard is a bit easier now with phoebus harp and MOC, but still too much juggeling.

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:
The easiest one id say is necro.

Hmm interesting that's actually quite the opposite of my opinion :/

I think a necro can be the, undoubtly, easiest class to play if you just want to spam lifetap/powertap to your hearts desire, but I also beleive that playing as /assister, power battery, dmg dealer and interrupter can be quite trixie.

EDIT: Not to forget casting everything from a friggin pet ;p

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:

aye they can be very hard when speccing 28 in slash .. well so i'm told by some killing machine ;P :fluffle:

Imo a Friar , well not that we get groups these days :(
plus the reasone we where uber ( self b00fs) has now been negated due to the zerg of BB's :/

- English -

Resident Freddy
[SS]Gamblor said:
aye they can be very hard when speccing 28 in slash .. well so i'm told by some killing machine ;P :fluffle:

usually 29 slash for amy slash :p

- English -

Resident Freddy
Das_Hibbie said:
Hmm interesting that's actually quite the opposite of my opinion :/

I think a necro can be the, undoubtly, easiest class to play if you just want to spam lifetap/powertap to your hearts desire, but I also beleive that playing as /assister, power battery, dmg dealer and interrupter can be quite trixie.

EDIT: Not to forget casting everything from a friggin pet ;p

I agree with that but on a 1v1 vs a melle person, there aint really much to do apart from nuke and tap, they are v.hard ***** when buffed. The only downside is when a necro is in between a zerg and he constantly gets interupted, its hard to control pet etc. But id still say necro is easiest, PVE and PVP

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
behatch said:
hard-sorc-wizard

easy-savage-bd

playing savage to the full extent etc, doing the most possible damage there is to be done, its harder than to just play merc/bm/zerk, since you have the shouts too :p

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:
I agree with that but on a 1v1 vs a melle person, there aint really much to do apart from nuke and tap, they are v.hard ***** when buffed. The only downside is when a necro is in between a zerg and he constantly gets interupted, its hard to control pet etc. But id still say necro is easiest, PVE and PVP

Oh yes most definately it's very easy to play in 1vs1 encounters, much like the BD. Can't say anything against that. That also leads to the easiest class to play in PvE as well since fights are rather static.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
playing savage to the full extent etc, doing the most possible damage there is to be done, its harder than to just play merc/bm/zerk, since you have the shouts too :p

yeah but you dont have too though,this is what makes them easy or used to..any time styles would be supreme.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
hardest:

Cleric in my honest opinion - a good cleric stands out from a poor cleric by a long way. In the world of 500+ dmg per second a cleric who can keep you alive has to be a very good player. Unfortunately there arn't many around these days.

Easiest: Bonedancer - seriously hard to lose a 1v1 fight as a bonedancer. in 8v8 fights i'd have to say savage purely because of the fotm thing, although at the moment it seems to be very easy to play a hibernian caster, QC stun nuke nuke nuke - ring any bells?

jakob

Fledgling Freddie
Can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned Minstrel. A well played group minstrel must be harder than most other classes.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
pala leading a group? lol

I think there is a pally named Farrek or something that usually drives a pretty good group

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Fedaykin said:

jeh why not? insta taunt interupts bards/healers casting and has 1500? range on it, and as said above farek drives AD grps

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:

well pala is more common, if not pala then MA, in worst case mincer.
if u gona say sorc must lead then u'r totaly outside of this game.

Adorith

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
1500 range shout to interupt enemy CCer, sorc sits at back and mezzes.

Sorry mate, only 1350 range on pally shout. :/

And as jakob says, I'd say a well-played mincer must be among the hardest to play technically...all that instrument swapping and ghetto CC, demezz, melee, DD shouts and stunshout for interrupts...thank god I dont play one ^^

Just melee, guard, twist, intercept interrupt shout etc is hard enough for me on my pally >.<

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
jeh why not? insta taunt interupts bards/healers casting and has 1500? range on it, and as said above farek drives AD grps

lol Farek is the exception to the rule - minstrel does a much better job than a paladin. And a paladins insta taunt doesnt exactly stop insta mezz, once every 30 secs isn't that much to shout home about imo. especially since if the paladin gets inst'd at th etsart hes goign to take full duration due to radius fallout etc etc

anyway my opinion - and thats goign a bit off topic we were talkign about hardest chars to play

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
would have to say bard, even with moc and phoebus, still too many tasks on one char

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom