Top 5 Best Thid Chars!

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Yes air theurgists are nice but the pets are easily outrun-able when mids are camping cause they just last 20 seconds...They are good at 1vs1, regular group vs group encounters (no camping) and when you cast them at short range so they cant outrun them...They are also not that good at keep defense/offence cause it takes ages till the pets get in keep and by that time the guards inside will either kill the pets or the 20 secs will expire...Thats actually why I rolled a scout again, didnt liked theurgist that much :)

Dommelsch said:
rofl, this is zino maat.

Exponential is in thid now, sb..

I hugged your scout at apk yesterday but tbh you were so rude to shot me ^^ .. i got my jewelry almost sorted, just waiting for a +5env jewel from df and another jewel to switch it with then im rdy to SC..

21cs/20env/19stealth ^^ pheer my 1337 hax0r PA of 613 unSCed ;<< standing cabby fyi

Can't remember to be honest, how could I know it was you :p

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
add michel_1986_@ on msn kk?

and you could know cus of my sexehness ofc!: <

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Dommelsch said:
add michel_1986_@ on msn kk?

and you could know cus of my sexehness ofc!: <

You are still on my msn list tbh ok :p Not that I'm online that much ;)

Bah should have never started playing this game again to be honest, its pointless really :p

<switches back to daoc to kill some more> ;)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
well, where is necros?
personally rank those higher what bones.

paladin is nasty tank, after several fights whit sb must say need all click nicely together and can kill it.
minst, have fight only once against solo minst and win after succesfull PA 10% health left. sadly minst run usually whit 3+ inf near + some scouts.

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
imo Shammies are better than savages in thid, cos of aoe dot that pwns low hp casters :)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
GimpStrole said:
imo Shammies are better than savages in thid, cos of aoe dot that pwns low hp casters :)

They cant do much against quickcasting casters without any insta spell...

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
though a solo shammie is a thick b*st*rd tbh.. seers running solo are easy rps! but when a shammie is in a fg with a healer that kinda knows how to mezz then a shammy can be very lethal with his DoT / Ae root ( with a healers ae mezz/ae stun you have a 3d type of cc, in thid! )

het was trouwes best lachen in de blitz ;p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i soloed my cave shammy in thid was great fun :D

kiting dumbass infils that dont realise it might be an idea to stealth to avoid being kited, and hey with ae dot you can kite 3 or 4 at a time! :D

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Ormorof said:
i soloed my cave shammy in thid was great fun :D

kiting dumbass infils that dont realise it might be an idea to stealth to avoid being kited, and hey with ae dot you can kite 3 or 4 at a time! :D

AoE spells in thid is great fun indeed :)
"oh, look... a solo infil"
AoE DoT
"oh, look... he's 3 solo friends"

but tbh, that goes for most stealthers except archers (who are to far apart :p )

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Been a long while since i played in BG's but my old sorc could take anyone as long as i had a pet. My DD's were pants but the pet damage made up for that. AoE Mezz is great on BD's but if they got the jump on me it was impossible to win.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Cave shammies fortehwin!1 in thid.

Bolts and ae dots are ubeh

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Dommelsch said:
though a solo shammie is a thick b*st*rd tbh.. seers running solo are easy rps! but when a shammie is in a fg with a healer that kinda knows how to mezz then a shammy can be very lethal with his DoT / Ae root ( with a healers ae mezz/ae stun you have a 3d type of cc, in thid! )

het was trouwes best lachen in de blitz ;p

Haha :D

Deze vrijdag ben ik er weer :)

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Mjah ik moet eerst naar nijmegen voor een 'date' met iemand die ik al een jaar ken/spreek ;p

..als ik terug kom though ga ik miss nog wel eventjes weg, wie weet!

je ziet me vanzelf wel!

bai bai

Ormorof

FH is my second home
did you end up in hib then dommel? if so im afraid im gonna have to make a BG char so i can whoop your ass for leaving us :twak:

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
did you end up in hib then dommel? if so im afraid im gonna have to make a BG char so i can whoop your ass for leaving us :twak:

think he's not playing anymore, just like me...

or maybe...he's still playing it secretly :p

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
if i do, i will make a nightshade as other classes really can't survive out there.

a swedish mate of mine might join me in hib but then we will prolly go for 50 ( we have a bb in hib, so thats another pro to try hib ;p )

oh and about whooping my ass... you really think you can whoop such ewulness? lal you're dead before you even had the chance to pull off one move you fat dorf ^^

go get some rps on that thick ass 'hunter' of yours so i can be proud! xD

Bai bai, say hi from me m8! xF

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Switching realms, thats a sign of boreness ;) It happened to me too, I was like hib/excal 1 day, mid/excal the other...Loved the bard/chanter on hib/excal, but I couldnt do without a wtfpwning bd on mid/excal :D. Eventually I started playing on Camlann for some weeks, and then I decided to stop forever...Think you'll come to the same decision very soon, but till then enjoy playing with the threehuggers :fluffle:

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Defending the keep - Fire Wiz
Laying Siege to the keep - Shammie/Fire Wiz
Skirmishing - Mercenary \o/ heh! sorry, i meant Skald
Solo - Hunter

then again, this is only from the characters i have played. My scout just plain sucks, my infiltrator seems to be the only stealther not in a group with a few other stealthers out there, my baby merc needs back up if its going to survive, my Bonedancer is just a big target...

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Ormorof said:
hell even zerkers are pretty good in thid :p

Zerkers are much better in thid than savages, as someone else pointed out too. They have a nice insta-win (almost :p) button on a 7 minute timer, which I love to use in bg1 and bg3, can easily do 2 enemies with that up.

Minn

Fledgling Freddie
one of the best mid bg chars are imo runemaster
I have never seen a char own so much in bg and get A LOT of death spam(ofc u need sc and u need to know how to play your char etc :p ).
Can easily kill a caster with 1 bolt... and I have seen a rm killing 3 albs without no problem at all ....
Stealthers are ok in bg too ofc.... And sorc's are a pain as well

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
How would a 24 Valewalker specced 24 scythes, 14 Arborial and 7 Parry fare in BG?

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
CliffyG said:
How would a 24 Valewalker specced 24 scythes, 14 Arborial and 7 Parry fare in BG?

Not sure, but soon making a combo of 2xVW 1xBard for bgs on hib/excal. Unfortunately not gonna go to 24Scythe as the 21 move doesnt sound very useful. Spec gonna be 20scythe/aboreal (best absorb buff available) plan is to bard mez, then do the really sweet side mvoe with a 5second stun, should be all over. anything chasing bard VW can assist life tap or insta snare as well as interupt casters with insta snare/insta dot. I think it will be very fun indeed, and will let you know how a VW fares in bg :)

Svendoc

One of Freddy's beloved
Hibs

VW are pretty tough but solo a Skald will whip there arse, I proven this with my kobold Skald (sword) Minietta

Champ is a tough fight so is NS, Enchanter is quite easy if you know how to kill them.

Albs
Scouts and Infils are tough in BG the Scout range is ridiculous being able to hot MB from CK :/ Sorc and Air Cabs are very tough. So are Necros for certain classes but the trick there is try to LoS for Necro when taking down pet.

AND Half Ogres are sodding tough regardless of class.

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
Svendoc said:
Hibs

VW are pretty tough but solo a Skald will whip there arse, I proven this with my kobold Skald (sword) Minietta

I do think a skald is amazing in battlegrounds, and tbh don't see much point in playing any other "tank" in mid if grouping insta mezz, and snare interupts as well as pretty much same damage as any other 2hander in bgs. However i rarely play as a solo, usually in a group of 3 attempting to take out as many as possible (usually fails but more fun that way :p) in which case 2xVW assisting on targets with a bard for CC/PR/End/Ghetto heals could be my new favourite trio :)... Doubt it will be as formidable as 2body cabba and a sorc, but at least I'll get to beat up some albs \o/

liloe

It's my birthday today!
tbh I like my little dwarven Hunter. He's only lvl 23, but using sc gear so he hits pretty hard (~100 unstyled, ~30 proc, 140-160 styled). Then I got my pet so in bg's it works VERY well against ns' and infils. I have 577 HP's unbuffed, wich my bb I come to 680+ I think.

Btw, /wave to the reaver+scout team, I liked it when the scout was using the run-through bug so I got the not in sight (with an extremely slow spear), but no problem, after runningto pk to get healed by bb he had my arrows stuck in him =) That's how I deal with such ppl :wub:

Personally I find it much cooler to play hunter than sb, because actually you have to think about how to break your enemies bt (note, I'm melee spec) so your styles hit them well (2shotting mages is pretty easy once their bt is popped, as not many mages have 400+ hp's I think).

The worst classes to duel are still stealthers, as the suckers always add to hell. When playing hib, I'd say the strongest class is bard. Cyrdias (Excalibur) made a bg bard and owned. He did a video about it and if my upload works, u can find it here at www.spinnenwald.de/videos/daoc/bs.avi if your media player opens by clicking the url, try context menu -> save as or enter the URL in GetRight or LeechFtp or whatever.

Svendoc

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice Vid :D

Some definate Noobs there and fancy picking on a Mincer you bully :p

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Skald > Pretty much all classes in the bg's (except for high shield tanks, but you can do the kite tactic on them).

When fighting a caster with your skald, the trick is to 2x dd, pop their bt and use your insta mezz when they are using their qc. This way the caster will have waisted their qc and you can use your nice side/rear positional on the caster (usually this will kill them, if not 2x dd is 100% dead caster).

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Skald > Pretty much all classes in the bg's (except for high shield tanks, but you can do the kite tactic on them).

When fighting a caster with your skald, the trick is to 2x dd, pop their bt and use your insta mezz when they are using their qc. This way the caster will have waisted their qc and you can use your nice side/rear positional on the caster (usually this will kill them, if not 2x dd is 100% dead caster).

that's how i did it on every character tbh, it wtfpwns. xE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom