Top 5 Best Thid Chars!

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Make a list of the top 5 best thidranki characters for each realm, and also a top 5 of best thidranki characters for all 3 realms...So which character is the best class to play in thid? With best I mean being able to kill as many as possible without getting killed yourself. Just imagine everyone is unbuffed and I'm talking about solo play here, not groupped :)

Albion:

1). Sorcerer
*With their powerfull aoe mezz and increased range, a good sorcerer can (easily) kill a small group of enemies.
2). Scout
*Scouts have a great ranged damage, most chars die without figuring out what is hitting them. They have one of the most powerfull abbility in the game, stealth, so they can pickup the fights they want and avoid the ones they dont want to fight...
3). Infiltrator
*Altho they cant do much against a group of 3+ enemies, they are able to kill a group of 2 enemies kinda easily (if the infil knows what he's doing). Also thanks to PA infils can 1 or 2 hit casters most of the time.
4). (Air) Theurgist
*With the chain stunning/chain interrupting, infinite (well if you have the power that is) amount of pets they can cast, theurgists are able to solo almost any class fairly easy (stealthers also, if the qc aoe mezz doesnt get resisted that is).
5). Fire Wizards
*With 2 powerfull bolts that have a great range and great single and aoe nukes, wizards are able to kill most of their enemies without much trouble.

Midgard

1). Bonedancers
*Dont think I need to explain why, but if you really wonder: Insta lifetap on a 4 sec timer and 1500 range...Any class that can't deal damage at 1500+ range (and also in most situations the enemies that can deal damage at 1875 or 2000 range too) is actually fecked if it meets a bonedancer. Bonedancers end up almost every fight with 100% hp, thanks to the lifetap and the healer pets.
2). Hunters
*See explanation I gave at scouts, + they get a pet which is very usefull for interrupting casters.
3). Shadowblades
*See infiltrators
4). Savages
*Best melee class in-game, so nothing more to say...They will prob. have trouble with casters if they cant manage to get close fast enough but their self buffs and possibility of tripple hitting makes them the best melee class in the game.
5). Skald
*With the insta-mezz and snare spells, skalds almost have a free escape availible anytime. They can beat a group of 2 enemies but 3 or more is hard. With their speedsong, enemies (stealthers in particular) will have much trouble to catch them. Also they are great in melee with the 2-hander hitting very hard and the self damage add.

Hibernia:
1). Enchanters
*Snaring pet and stun + nuke makes the enchanter a powerfull class.
2). Ranger
*See scout/hunter
3). Nightshade
*See infil/shadowblade
4). Animists
*Just cast/hide some pets behind a tree, /taunt an enemy and wait ;)
5). Champion/Hero
*Couldnt think about another powerfull hib class in thid, but the hero and the champion are both great tanks.

Top 5 from all realms:
1) Bonedancer
2) Sorcerer
3) Infiltrator
4) Scout
5) Enchanter

Wow, long post so late in the night but I'm curious about your opinions...

Karmatika

One of Freddy's beloved
Sava's might be fotm at 50 they aint on 24... Play one and get sick of:

You miss
You miss
You miss

And see ur self boofs run out... Put a thane in sava slot and u oretty much got it!!

Nice work tbh.. now everybody knows not the roll for bg ( as if anyone cares )...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
savages are pretty average in bg, warriors are far better than savages in bg :p

it also depends on who is behind the wheel of a class :D

saw some really crap infils and scouts or whatever, but ive fought many good one s too (and lost :p )

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
imo skald should be on the second spot, after BD..

any SB/Hunter can duel my Skald to prove i'm right..

Skalds have access to two dd's of about 120dmg~ together each 10sec. Insta-mezz and Insta-snare. Me and Minietti once took out 6 albs and 6 hibs in about 8 minutes with just the two of us so imo skald = #2

Ballade.

Banned
seems like you miss blademaster on that list imo :)
only class ive lost to unbuffed vs unbuffed ( or buffed vs buffed ) is a merc :)
needless to say what happend when fighting unbuffed vs buffed :p

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Imo, drop the assassins (infil, sb, ns) of the list as a mentalist i loved to get jumped by a infil or sb - qc mezz, move a bit, dot, stun, dot, dd, run around in a circle or hunt down the running assassin :)

As Ballade already mentioned, BM is a very powerfull thidchar, as is mentalist... firewizz can be a pain aswell - those bolts hurt.

My list would be:

BD
Sorc
Mentalist
Scout/Ranger/Hunter (pretty much the same but scout got longer range)
mincer/skald/bm (mincer and skald for beeing so frekking fast and bm for hitting like a truck on steroides)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm strange I could drop pretty every class easily with my infil even warriors/skalds (or skalds would just run away when they were on 5% hp but thats something else :p) but when I did PA a savage and he still managed to kill me I was like :eek2: . Probably a buffed savage against a buffed infil = savage comes out better (and not sure but I think savage studded armor is resistance to thrust?)

It's a fact that casters are probably better than tanks in thid and they can probably even take out an assasin (if he misses pa), but if your qc mezz/root fails than you're kinda fecked :p

Crossfire

Fledgling Freddie
Nah, Studded Armour is weak to thrust, it's just whether the savages understands his Shouts and can work out which is the vest in each situation.

I think Archers are the best in BG though, they're like Asassins but safer...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i think tanks have it best tbh, archers are killable by a smart tank even without insta interupt shouts :p

(and buffed tanks can have 800+ hp EASILY, even my valkyn had 808 hp, would hate to think what a dwarf would have :p )

A

Aoln

Playing me Reaver for the first time atm, and i've got to say im damn impressed. Wearing crap items atm and and unbuffed but can still easily drop buffed skalds/SBs ect :)

Just managed to kill a Skald + his buffbot while hunter shooting at me and came away at 80% o0

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
i think tanks have it best tbh, archers are killable by a smart tank even without insta interupt shouts :p

(and buffed tanks can have 800+ hp EASILY, even my valkyn had 808 hp, would hate to think what a dwarf would have :p )

You would talk different if you had fought my old bg scout in melee, with capped dex and 15 shield + evade 3, you'll barely scratch me...and the lvl 15 thrust style (beartooth, 6 sec stun off block) is amazing :clap:

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
BD's 1st place of all 3 realms......hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahah

....well imo :m00:

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
thats why there always targeted first and go down first :) i loathe them :)

Crossfire

Fledgling Freddie
Two players can take a BD quite quickly, they both kick his commander pet in and then turn on him, you just need to make sure you have plenty of hit points and one of them can interupt the BD from casting. Then it's plain sailing.

Soloing one is not so easy without being buffed/Scd.

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
I forgot to mention my top5;

1. Sorc ( 2 Sorcs can easily take out a fg if assisting each other )
2. Enchanter ( People underestimate the power of a light-enchanter
..well I can assure you that they hurt Oo!
3. Firewizard ( <see 2.> Bolts just fucking hurt! )
4. Cabalist ( using a stun pet even most stealthers are easy to kill
..<qc-LT etc >>>; >
5. Spiritmaster ( a dark-sm has nice dd´s and access to an ae mezz.
..and even a pet to interrupt casters )

..so NERF CASTORSZ!!11!1@

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Albion-
1-Sorcerer
2-Friar
3-Cabbie
4-Inf
5-minstrel

Midgard-
1- Skald
2- Shammie
3- Healer
4- Runie
5- Warrior/Shadowblade as a Tie

Hibernia-
1- Enchanter
2- Bard
3- Champion
4- ...
5- ...

Chinzan

Fledgling Freddie
Well my NS bg cud actually 1v1 kill every1 of the lists - dno if its becuz i had sc'eds + all resists capped etc + buffbot so my list wud be more like:

#1 ns
#2 bm <they own savages due to TW they hit with 2 always unlike savages>
#3 enchanter lite
#4 ranger or whatever
#5 champ

and i can keel bd's easy - unless i miss either pa or bs

Ormorof

FH is my second home
hmm guess i never actually made a list :p

Midgard:
1. Savage (killed druid and champ while unbuffed at 24)
2. Warrior (insane hp, insane defence, great damage BUT damn slow)
3. Hunter (can pick fights they want to fight, and run from those they dont want to fight)
4. Supp Runie (contrary to belief i think they are quite nasty at BG lvl, especially in groups to counter the all powerful bolt range sorcs/theurgs )
5. Dark Spiritmasters (ewul, dont need to say anymore)

Crybion (whoops albion ;) )
1. Paladins
2. Reavers
3. Scouts
4. infils
5. Sorcs

Hibernia (or what we see of them on the rare occasion they are in bg)
1. Animist (cant beat a mushroom forest)
2. Champions (pretty decent at bg lvl)
3. Hero's (moose/stag whatever just makes them good in my book)
4. Nightshades (inevitably gonna be seen as good since they are all we seem to see of hibs in bg nowadays)
5. Enchanters (seem to be the 2nd most popular choice for hib!)

thats it for me anyway :p

oh and i ignored albion on purpose since ive only seen pally's, reavers and sorcs solo recently, and they were killed by mid zerg so cant really comment :p

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I had a shammy once with 23 cave rest in aug. He was like a caster with bolt, dot, one dd and some aoe spells. They are quite nasty, they wear chain, and have end regen :p So they can run from stealthers, turn around and screw them with their spells :D

Kinda nice class having in bg.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
I had a shammy once with 23 cave rest in aug. He was like a caster with bolt, dot, one dd and some aoe spells. They are quite nasty, they wear chain, and have end regen :p So they can run from stealthers, turn around and screw them with their spells :D

Kinda nice class having in bg.

They are not that powerfull to solo in the battlegrounds cause they dont have any kind of insta spells to either interrupt casters or to run away from stealthers/tanks (with ranged interrupts). The thing that makes shaman's powerfull at late lvls is the insta pbaoe disease (which is also some kind of snare) and the perma sprint...

In keep takes/defence/camping they are powerfull tho due to the aoe dot :)

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Ormie, which class will you be making on the guild group for thid??

Pac healer here.. stlong CCing tbh ;o

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Best Thid Alt?

Sonofsomeone - dwarf zerker. Mashes all and everything, or at least did but he capped now - doh. Wot i really loved about him though was his ability to take on a number of infs at the same time. They fall like flies. Did have one real good fight against Relika (inf) or someone who used tactics on me (poison and running etc) and i had to leggit but anything that attempted to stand toe to toe with Sonof hit the dirt.

Duelled all sorts in Thid - warriors, thanes etc and only lost to another zerker once. Reason Sonof lost though was his dex was too low and he missed too often. After that was altered he dropped the Zerker no prob. These duels took place without bearmode being used mind.

918 hits in buffed form meant that perfs from infs hardly bothered him. And he regularly hit for a combined total of way over 200 on his 3rd la combo. Bear mode can nearly double the damage.

Zerkers are damn good i found.

Sonofsomeone. Capped 24 zerker.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Dommelsch said:

i dunno kinda lvl'ing zerker atm but will probably end up as some silly tank or healer :p

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Dommelsch said:

Dommelsch tell me your thidranki char so I wont kill you...

/hug ;)

btw, I've rerolled Zarife, same stats/spec etc so phear :p

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
rofl, this is zino maat.

Exponential is in thid now, sb..

I hugged your scout at apk yesterday but tbh you were so rude to shot me ^^ .. i got my jewelry almost sorted, just waiting for a +5env jewel from df and another jewel to switch it with then im rdy to SC..

21cs/20env/19stealth ^^ pheer my 1337 hax0r PA of 613 unSCed ;<< standing cabby fyi

Ormorof

FH is my second home
the DF jewel doesnt work at 24 (at least it didnt last time i tried :p )

Crossfire

Fledgling Freddie
I do apologies Dracus, your right, i just assumed it follwed the same route as Albion studded.

I think that the best two classes i've encoutered in Thid are Skalds and Shaman. Oh, and BDs <Winces>. Pretty good at that level imo.

They're all quite safe to play i think, and in Thid safety seems to be survival. Unless ofc your BBd SCd etc... but thats still safety isn't it?

Obviously, i don't encounter albs that often in combat, being an alb myself. but i think theurgists look quite good when APK is being camped, especially Air pets. Any views on them? i was thinking of running one up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom