Tonight's RR

M

Marcus75

Necromancer Bane:

For your information there were about 1fg albs in excal according to Dwera - and that was quite a while after mids had entered DG. The numbers increased alot after Everlast made an great attempt at holding back the albs that was in Sauvage.

That kind of defence dosnt sound like crossrealming to me. Also, from what I heard mids were in HoC once they bumped into albs and after they were spotted - as the ride through the caves was less than flawless one would think they could have mounted a faster defence if they had the info so early. C'mon - peeps were chatting left and right on alliance and whatnot about the RR and that was an hour before anyone left SF with the intent of getting alb relics, spys would have given the info to the albs faster than that imho.

O

old.mattshanes

Iceforge a caba isn't easy to play at all(in group rvr) but in keep defence/raids it's a different situation, no caster in daoc these days is easy.Anyway that was damn fun my wiz was there xD

O

otho

Originally posted by iceforge
Aye, we got both Str-buff, Dex-buff, Con-buff, Af-buff and AE-stun :D

Or, that is around what i use on mine, ain't 50 yet tho ;)

[EDIT] And on the topic, Great Job to that Alb who spotted the mid zerg, pretty lucky timing, must give you some good lub from those fine Briton ladies in reward, eh? :D

If that is all you use I pitty the groups you join.

C

Chrystina

Originally posted by NecromancerBane
heh love this a scout reported in bs.

Mids never left savasud in really large numbers and he knew they were all going doden's not really believable when Bled was under attack which would lose Midgard DF.

Also the fact alb had large numbers in Excal and had 2fg with pbaoe setup waiting at HoC entrance, probably had 2fg of DS at MMGHW as well, definately a cross-realm informant

well, i'm unbiased (yes, i'm alb, but i givf a shit about rvr and who got which relic and only go there if i'm really bored or need a brake from lvl'ing my crafters, heh) and can tell you that it really happened the way people describe it here. i was skilling my baby tailor when /as chat started to get one mids-on-the-move report after the other and after a short while it was concluded that it mus be like 15fg mids on the move and THAT can't be a simple retake force. so defcon 2 was activated. and everyone ran off to defend the realm (even spoiled a sidi raid, blame the mids i say!).
erm, large numbers at exal? of course! where do you think ppl park their lvl50's when they have fun in thid with their alts? :)

M

Melachi-

Originally posted by NecromancerBane
heh love this a scout reported in bs.

Mids never left savasud in really large numbers and he knew they were all going doden's not really believable when Bled was under attack which would lose Midgard DF.

Also the fact alb had large numbers in Excal and had 2fg with pbaoe setup waiting at HoC entrance, probably had 2fg of DS at MMGHW as well, definately a cross-realm informant

This is neither the general midgard view of things or a very probable idea.

N

Nightchill

just saw the movie, love the music. in mids defence, there wasn't that much they could do in that situation.

fairly surprising they didn't send some hunters out with true sight to clear the nearby stealthers before the 15fg moved.

B

bolo

Originally posted by the_smurflord
Yerk and iceforge, please take this to another thread or preferably to PMs. This has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

........ Im sure Ice and Yerk will get right on that ........

What are you the fucking Forum Police?

O

old.windforce

Re: Re: Re: :D

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
report more minstrels for cheating imo :D
\

\

muhahhahahhahahahha @ brite

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by bolo
........ Im sure Ice and Yerk will get right on that ........

What are you the fucking Forum Police?

No, but I at least have a little more civility than some people around here.

G

Garaen

I was asked by Corranhorn to go and check HoC out. I went down there while there were rumours spreading about 15fg in Dodens. Once i enter'd i got quite a bit of lagg (Great new Server) :) So i decided to go wait at the archwizard for the mids to come and surely enough they did. 7 - 10fg'ish.

Must say i agree with Visit, the zerg through HoC should of made it through in minutes instead of spending 10 minutes waiting at the Arch-Wizard alone. (For a few minutes i thought it would kill off a couple of your groups :eek: ). Was a good plan in theory but i doubt it'll work unless you get everyone pulling together, kudos for doing it at Primetime etc.

Would also post some pictures of the zerg at the Arch-wizard but i don't have any hosting space :<

B

blain

The main reason this RR failed is because, yet again, mids were unable to follow simple commands.

If they had done, as requested, there would not have been any groups leaving svasud to spot.

I also notice that no-one has bothered to thank Roo for organising the event.

/Cheer Roo

R

Roo Stercogburn

That was quite fraught last night for quite a lot of different reasons. First of all, some people that were assigned for different jobs simply didn't log on, leaving me to have to try and find replacements at the very last minute. Needless to say, anyone who lets me down like that won't be given any position of responsibility under any circumstances in future again. I say 'me' rather than 'we' because I take the final responsibility if the raid's a screw-up. (As Zap pointed out to me, I obviously chose the wrong people. Fair comment :D)

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get volunteers for tasks on raids. Last few times something has been organised very few willing to step forward. I wonder if at times I've pissed people off with so few willing to do things.

Despite these problems, we were moving reasonably on time.

Secondly, it was all over IRC before we were even at GS. I still wasn't overly worried, as I figured ok, we can change target. Still do some damage. We may have been spotted by legitimate scouting but I got reports of the IRC blab which is an indication that the raid was over. I never let IRC blab stop anything, but it does put you on a bit of a downer when it happens.

The final straw for me was Mids zerging up HoC instead of doing what they were told, which was to stay away from the entrance so we could clear it properly. It only actually takes one or two people to not stay in line and the sheep effect kicks in. That was pretty much time to quit I figured - it was changing from raid to zerg. I feel I let people down but I was on 28K connection, had spent many hours sorting things out ahead of raid and was frazzled by then. I briefly went Mid to defend but realised with the lag from connection I was basically going to be giving away RP. Time to take a break.

I would ask that any guilds that bring people on raids in future please make sure their people know how to behave on raids and to follow raid instructions exactly - the most important thing is to stay behind the sticky guy unless instructed otherwise. If you're unsure, check TR or Valour and just do what they do. (I won't say Feds, that just looks like boasting :D).

Thanks to the peeps that turned up, and especially thanks to Zap and Avon who were 2 of the most solid people on the night. Thanks also to Hargh And Mookau for being emergency sticky guys in Dodens. (The bit where I took over I was being guided).

Apologies for poor raid.

It was stressful, annoying, irritating, hassle, trouble, grief, and screamingly frustrating at times.

Will I be doing it again?

You'd better believe it.

Don't go to sleep Albs, we're not done with you yet.

Z

zapzap

Things didnt go as Roo hoped, not his fault that people with diff job didnt show up. But people gotta be able to listen and do what raid leaders says.
Albs spotted Mids going into DG in large numbers shouldnt have happend and is was kinda over there.

Not last RR and iam sure Roo will make it happend ( he better :p)

Zapsi

P

Puppetmistress

Re: Re: Re: Tonight's RR

Originally posted by iceforge
Just to add... Cab don't take that much skill, AE-dot fortehwin and that's around it (come correct me if I'm totally wrong) while your Sorc Apperently aren't high RR, so, come again and tell others to play "hard classes" when you yourself show some skills? :p

If you think cabalist is only AE DoT you have no idea how to play a cabalist.

T

TaF

This was the most challenging part of the night(shrunken + decreased qual) :

sshot555.JPG

Later the stealthzerg got killed by PE, at point where RR was already cancelled tho :x

Anyway, was worth a try at least.

/cheer Roo

C

civy

Sorry to all who think there was cheating involved but it was a simple case of getting lucky (or unlucky from your point of view).

Within 5 mins of camping the road there were groups of mids leaving solo/duo in single and 2fg batches. I never saw a zerg moving together and reported the numbers by using the new fangled concept of maths.

It’s not like I was hiding. I was dead at the side of the road after a hunter had TS me while looking for a inf who was also there, and you still ran past me.

About the hibs, there were 3 of them also camping the road (none stealthers). A few full groups had run past them without looking left or right so I gave you a hand finding them by /yell near them.

Any credit has to go to corranhorn and eroda for getting the word out and getting the right people in the right place.

And next time plan your RR when I’m not camping the road. It’s a 20 min run in stealth (assuming you can make it past the hibbie amg stealth zerg) and I didn’t even get to shoot a single one of you;)

F

Fafnir

So the gimp Muraski who cant kill a rezzsick thane. Fubard the mid rr. :(

So who is up for a remake of the alb x-mas raid last year? :p That was just low, even for you albs.

C

civy

Originally posted by Fafnir
So the gimp Muraski who cant kill a rezzsick thane. Fubard the mid rr. :(

And you still cant spell my name right;)

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by Fafnir
So who is up for a remake of the alb x-mas raid last year? :p That was just low, even for you albs.

I think you should lead a raid to take the Horse relic, faf. :p

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Vladamir
M-U-R-A-S-A-K-I
Hmmmmm thats a wierd way to spell your name with alot of -

Originally posted by the_smurflord
I think you should lead a raid to take the Horse relic, faf. :p
Would be unfair.

C

Cami

Originally posted by Indiana Jones
just wondering... how come the names of the enemy are blue, just like realmmates? Mine are always red

lol :p

Its how the game was played in the "old days". The red name thing is a feature. It came in some 1.6x patch, cba to look it up tho ;)

I

Indiana Jones

really?? can't seem to remember that, and i've been around since day 1
i must be getting old

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom