Today's Alb problem

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
To begin with this is no whine post, its a game suggestion that needs to be discussed.

Rvr is falling apart, less players out everyday, ppl leaving the game cuz of "the fun aint there no more."

The biggest problem is that 1 realm controls the game, albion.
Im going to speak for mids cuz i mostly play there.
Even if mids tried for example to take a keep normally, and we've announced on alliance chat years ahead, albs mostly outnumber us in a few minutes.

I think this is because albion have became a nice realm, with lots of players, still some nice GG's out with lots of boosted classes, mostly casters.

Full albion groups running around killing soloers, cuz there aint no fg opponents to fight. The frustration of being overun while trying to solo is obvious the main reason why people leave this game. but this is not really the mainreason of this post, all realms does it now adays, i cant do anything about it, its a part of the game.

Currently the underpopulated realms gets an rvr bonus, this wont affect Albion at all, and the lil effect this has, and been shown, wont change anything concerning realm numbers. My suggestion is that instead of giving theese underdog realms bonus, give the overpopulated realms a penalty. Ye, this wont be liked by albs, but try and understand the situation for the other 2 realms, this has more becomed a one realm game, with a few players left trying to squeeze the last fun out of the game before they leave, thats sad and it has to change.

Try and keep personal flames and whines out of this thread, thanks.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
its in middle of summer m8....half of population is out tanning or by the pool/sea or on vecation etc. Also the kids that play alb have summer vecation and might play more or something..i dunno but it loads of albs out in comparison to hibs at least.
It will stabilise itself a bit after summer,,,,trust me...
eb.

X

xGenocidex

There is a name for this you know :) its called "The Death of DAOC".. and its starting to happen alot quicker now...

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I agree it is a problem, but I don't think it's due to the classes being OP, I won't mention specifics because then this will turn into a sorc vs BD vs bainshee whine. Rather I think its because more people start off playing alb from the outset, there's a tendancy in every game for the majority of people to play the 'home' realm, or team or w/e. Also amongst the people who do have RvRable alts on more than one realm, more prefer to play the winning one than the underdogs. Personally I probably won't ever change realm not for either of these reasons but because it's far too hard to get established in a new realm alone, and I really can't be arsed putting in the time.

The penalties you suggest already apply, but like bonuses they're far too small to influence anyone, I wouldn't mind at all if the bonuses for hibs/mids and penalties for albs were increased, as it will hopefully give more enemies and less friendly adds, making rvr more enjoyable.

Though like ebneezer said I don't think the games dying as much as you imagine, it will pick up imo. Relics also play a part in this, many RP hungry people with mid and alb alts are currently playing alb, though ofc this makes it harder for you to take them back.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Way too many albs atm, so I wouldn't mind seeing more mids and hibs out there :) Like people keep saying, and I agree with, its not too late for Mythic to seriously start advertising for DAoC in EU as well! Would seriously not be that hard to gain like 1000 players, and it would mean the world to our cluster.

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
on one part i agree about what you are talking about. <but>
alb have been working in rvr in zerg version as far as i remember.
if you reduce the zerg power it wont be fair for albs because its also unfair the power which locks have or bainshee and dont tell me that tic is that evil too. you cant compaire tic with the other 2 chars.

ppl leaving the game not because there isnt fun in this game. the has a loooot of things to offer for fun. they leave because they got bored of the game and its ofc not fun for them anymore.

about less ppl in rvr day by day its because its summer and maybe ppl have rl things to do ( look at me. work from midnight till 8 in the morning leting me couple of hours in the afternoon to play).

give it a chance. if you think that its still the same in oct then yes spam again here and see what we can do.

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
something to add

daoc will die only if we want it to die. otherewise it will keep breathing

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
#1 People that siege during the night and ruin IRVR
#2 People that take advantage of IRVR and go for relics
#3 People that "defend their realm" during the day and ruin port etc for IRVR
#4 People that claim that they dont like IRVR, and still they only show up when there's IRVR (and then they try to destroy it)
When there isn't any IRVR people cba to rvr, and the groups that run dont have a place to be rly. Agramon is way to big.
The small population is dependant on IRVR. In OF there was always people to kill, and that's because you always found people in emain. There is no such zone atm. People can so easily destroy action by ruining port.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Same shit every summer tbh, amazing how memory can be so short -.-

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
There is a difference...

Gahn said:
Same shit every summer tbh, amazing how memory can be so short -.-

I do remember last summer. About the same comments from people and about the same feeling ingame...but there is one difference this summer.

I and alot with me have gotten a feeling that the game or atleast the European english servers are dying rapidly and wount get out of this downwards spiral.

The player base didnt just start to dwindle during the summer vacation this time (in my view atleast). It started in febuari/mars or somewhere around there. And a week or so after the latest patch it just skyrocked.

As for the rvr situation. I myself have almost stopped playing anything but fg rvr and since thats only 2 days a week game play has gone down to almost nothing for me. And same goes for most of those around me.

And when I do opt to play in the nonfg scene I ofc dont choose mid since they have been crapped out the last couple of patches and cba to go out and getting shroomed, baselinestunned, killed by rediculous bolts, realm range arrows, standing boltrange messed 24/7 or beeing perma interrupted by monsterress. Atleast when you opt for one of the other realms half of the annoyance goes away. (I know some of you who dont play mid ofc say: Well you get bds, warlocks, instastun instead...well I havent found them to be even 1/5 of an annoyance compared to the above mentioned stuff...only thing in mid that annoys me is the SBs highdamage PAs).

I really dont think the situation will change much until atleast 2007 and considering the circumstances atm I just dont think daoc will survive that. More and more people will opt for the easy realms and eventually youll have a 2 realm game with one side stronger than the other and in the long run, that will be the only realm left.

An insurgance with new fresh blood created by some decent advertising could save the game ofc. Getting new players which doesnt know anything about the game to start with, might get the numbers up on the lowpopulation realms. But the problem with no support playerbase still remains. How fun is it to start a new game with 0 lvl 1-40 chars on it that you can group with ? Ive gotten about 20 of my friends to try out daoc, almost all of them have left the game because there was not enough players to group with. When Mythic created the /level command I think they had already made the decision that it would be better to work to keep as many of their player base as they could instead of trying to recruit new players.

Sorry to be such a downer but Im just depressed with Mythics way of handling the game atm. It feels to me like they are still trying to keep as many players as possible for as long as possible, by appealing to the majority of the player base, which is unfortunatly concentrated to Albion.

/Charmangle

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Giving an overpopulation penalty would be stupid. How would you like to have a Penalty because there's too many people in your realm?

You would be punishing others for something they can't help.

whitelights

Fledgling Freddie
same every year

playing this game 4 years , with some shortstops in between now , but tbh every summer its the same , more albs come online take all relics run arround untill they even can't find a solo'r anymore then after summer vacation all are gone again.
So no worries after summer we all will be back and learn the albs a lesson^^

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
well today's Alb problem is how to take all 6 relic at the unholy hours (4-5 in the morning)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Easy prediction:

Albs gonna get hib relics at 4-6 am sometime soon and eventually even Hibs will stop rvring; some of the Relic easymoders will get back to Mid and or Hib while 1/3 of albs will go back pve.
Mid and Hib will get back Relics and by start of September all will be as good as it can be at this state of the game -.-

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
So many tears, lol. Is it because its summer?

Or did Albs win DAoC? :clap:

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
psssssstt ........... nobody tell the albs that there is a relic raid today and tomorrow from 21:00 CET till 23:00 CET

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
i agree there is a certain majority to the albs. i see no problem in having IRVR or not. thats part of the game, same for relics, we lost them for now, but we deak it with it when possible.

O not that i wanne make conspiracy's or sush, BUT if albion is so overpowerd(by class or by numbers) Why dont we (hib+mid) raid their realm:flame: , how big there numbers are, they cant control both of our realms.

There is always a solution to a problem ^^

vav.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
The issue is mids and hibs got alb alts. And since alb got relics currently they relog to those.

Now what the smart people would do it to play hib or mid since the population of alb rises so theres plenty of "food".

Also I'd like the old style relics with two relic keeps who you can ninja during som offpeak hours.

Frequent relicswapping was the most fun thing ever in Old Fronteirs. And obviously it was more fun before the release of summonerhall dungeons.

5-8fg locking up entire milegates rocks. :p

And the best thing was relics could swap places 3-4 times a week at best. And it was pretty impossible to defend them constantly. As it is now to ninja relics is much to hard and the siegepart of the game makes it boring.

Just some general thoughts. So the conclusion is: Albs play mid/hib toons instead. Give Old Fronteirs relic layout and keep it like that.

Or we could agree to owning 3 keeps each in each fronteir and make milegates perma open for some more fun raids.

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
The issue is mids and hibs got alb alts. And since alb got relics currently they relog to those.

Now what the smart people would do it to play hib or mid since the population of alb rises so theres plenty of "food".

Also I'd like the old style relics with two relic keeps who you can ninja during som offpeak hours.

Frequent relicswapping was the most fun thing ever in Old Fronteirs. And obviously it was more fun before the release of summonerhall dungeons.

5-8fg locking up entire milegates rocks. :p

And the best thing was relics could swap places 3-4 times a week at best. And it was pretty impossible to defend them constantly. As it is now to ninja relics is much to hard and the siegepart of the game makes it boring.

Just some general thoughts. So the conclusion is: Albs play mid/hib toons instead. Give Old Fronteirs relic layout and keep it like that.

Or we could agree to owning 3 keeps each in each fronteir and make milegates perma open for some more fun raids.

exactly. many have chars on all realms such as myself. I aint for example gunna play my rm/warlock/chanter as much and get hit for cap damage by every rog fire wiz, thats for sure. relics have to much of an impact on imabalancing. hitting 900-1k on my theurg 75% of the time atm with no debuff, its insane

pip

Banned
Wait till summer holidays you will get 8 kids kicking your head in:( Ermm might get number1 whorelock then:)

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Arumos said:
obviosly with a crit, impossible without ^^

w00t nice to crit 75% of the time. Or could it be you are making shit up? hmm...

Durgi

Fledgling Freddie
Easily solved, kick the albs arse!

Lack of organisation in the end of the day. Albs smell, just charge em with a bar of soap on the end of your spears they'll run away.

Beginning to get the urge to go break stuff again.

D.

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
I would not call it an ALB problem as the title say.
But people moving from mid/hib to albion because albs have extra power i would not do
There is a mid guy out that treb Renaris and/or Hurbury nearly each day yes he fails
each time when the keep is in fire, but at the end albs will just say its only that guy
that is trebbing. If mid or hib would have alb relics i would just do the same thing,
just trying to get the relics back and asking for some albion friends to just do the same,
so setting up 2* 3 trebs on 2 relic keeps, hoping that the albzerg join in at the end
to recapture the relics. So maybe instead of logging back to your albion chars you
could try to help your realm to get your relics back. As people proberly know i dont
really care if you start trebbing at hours since its 24/7 and if people are able to play
daoc only in the hours that the population is not high so be it.

Same goes for hibs atm just try to recapture Behn and Bolg and you proberly wont see
any relic attempts, when im playing in a group and that can be at late hours and there
are no enemies online and im not tired yet, i dont see the problem why i should not
try to take the relics (since we allready have 2 keeps). Maybe the problem is that
the mid and hib that are out atm just dont care atm and see so many albs walking so
the more albs you see walking the more rps you get.

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
the alb thing is a problem, ive taken a break from the game atm cos it just wasnt fun gettin overwhelmed by albs whenever i logged on. and at the end of the day this is a game i play for fun, so unless something drastic happens and the fun reappears, i wont :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom