Today's Alb problem

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
well, if i look at it from keep point of view and relic pov... then yeah, theres overpopulation in alb.

but, there are soo meny noob albs to farm, that its soo fun :) more arpees for me.

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
Kaun_IA said:
well, if i look at it from keep point of view and relic pov... then yeah, theres overpopulation in alb.

but, there are soo meny noob albs to farm, that its soo fun :) more arpees for me.

you mainly get your rps from adding.. so ;<

Gilbride

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
It has always annoyed me as a BG leader when you know only too well you have certain groups who have a member or two sitting in the BG only to take information from it for their own rp gain and not to help with whatever the goal of the Bg group. It's a classic free-rider problem. It has nothing to do with disliking their playstyle but if you don't like sieging why join a siege BG?

Myself I've never actually seen any BGs for the frontiers the times I've been out w/ my group, so haven't had the opportunity to actually join any BG for that purpose. Speaking of myself, and possibly some of my group share that opinion, I'm(we're) used to RvR-BGs being up pretty much all the time, since that's pretty much the state of things on US. Difference is it's not a siege BG, it's an RvR-BG, purely for sake of shuffling information between people out in RvR, be it 8man, solos or zergers. So siege BGs aren't something I'm accustomed to at all, we're simply used to using BGs as an informationchannel. But as I said as well, we haven't really had the opportunity to join any BG for the frontiers as of yet so your comment doesn't really stand for us yet. And can't really say anything about why others join it, more than to use the information being relayed.

Obviously, as has been stated before, roaming groups tend to help out the keeptaking by intercepting people rushing to defend a keep, so in the end everyone benefits somehow. Not saying this is the case all the time, but it is on occasion atleast.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
There are still ppl hoping that fgs gonna nuke walls down? -.-
Don't u realized yet that u need to use em for their purpose? ^^
Bet they gonna be more than happy if u ask em (for example) to patrol dropoffs or incoming routes to the sieged keeps.
Just don't expect em to treb down walls or to kill guards ffs

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
There are still ppl hoping that fgs gonna nuke walls down? -.-
Don't u realized yet that u need to use em for their purpose? ^^
Bet they gonna be more than happy if u ask em (for example) to patrol dropoffs or incoming routes to the sieged keeps.
Just don't expect em to treb down walls or to kill guards ffs

true, but you should also consider the status on bg and your group behaviour. most of the time running in GG and we r pretty involved in the realm action.

happens countless time that our group (more or less setted with experianced player) have to treb down tower or keep wall.... because when BG leader ask to grab some siege you find yourself in front of the wall with one small ram and no one able /willing to use it.

everyone has some interest in joining BG : fg to give flexibility (not talking about a fg of nukers ofc :p ) being able to achieve different kind of task, stelther to scout ou, report enemy number etc.. even solo rp whore are welcome to help clearing walls set trapps etc

realm involvment is one of the key; because if u start to think like : :eek: i got a rolling group no need for me to go sieging cause it sux, then dont be surprise (andoverall dont WHINE) because u loose your keep or you relic. cause if everyone do the same then u have no one left to defend.

spending 20 or 30 min of your time for your realm ain't that big, cause if u are in such a rush that u can 't spare those 30 min u probably picked up the wrong game :D

Gilbride

Fledgling Freddie
hanza said:
true, but you should also consider the status on bg and your group behaviour. most of the time running in GG and we r pretty involved in the realm action.

happens countless time that our group (more or less setted with experianced player) have to treb down tower or keep wall.... because when BG leader ask to grab some siege you find yourself in front of the wall with one small ram and no one able /willing to use it.

everyone has some interest in joining BG : fg to give flexibility (not talking about a fg of nukers ofc :p ) being able to achieve different kind of task, stelther to scout ou, report enemy number etc.. even solo rp whore are welcome to help clearing walls set trapps etc

realm involvment is one of the key; because if u start to think like : :eek: i got a rolling group no need for me to go sieging cause it sux, then dont be surprise (andoverall dont WHINE) because u loose your keep or you relic. cause if everyone do the same then u have no one left to defend.

spending 20 or 30 min of your time for your realm ain't that big, cause if u are in such a rush that u can 't spare those 30 min u probably picked up the wrong game :D

Now I never really piss and moan about relics, because it's moot point, I rarely care to defend them or retake them, unless my groupleader for some unusual and weird reason decides it's a good idea to do so. And no, I do not want to spend even a minute sieging if it can be avoided, and TBH, it usually can. No, I don't ever want to stand there and treb a tower or whatever, because it's not fun at all.

The key is, as Gahn said, that alot of us aren't the least bit interested in standing at a keep whacking at doors, or taking a tower or whatever, but we'll most probably gladly help keep the enemies off your backs by intercepting them on the way there. Atleast if asked.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Gilbride said:
The key is, as Gahn said, that alot of us aren't the least bit interested in standing at a keep whacking at doors, or taking a tower or whatever, but we'll most probably gladly help keep the enemies off your backs by intercepting them on the way there. Atleast if asked.
i can understand that, the problem is communication.
i generally try to ask groups to do something that they are suited and happy to do, but if they dont talk or respond what can you do ive got enough flak over the last year that i dont really bother asking unless i know people are happy to help.
Last night worked well, i tried to keep the /bg informed as to what was happening and where we were and other groups made the odd comment saying what they were doing.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
bg leader is usually in a better position to decide where people are needed than the fg´s themselves.

play as you want , but dont delude yourself :)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
A zerg aint everything, If a zerg "for example" was to attack surs, we would have a lot more chance if we had opetd groups backing us up, an opted group in the back keeping albs out is so much better then a CT with some random casters ect.

Would be nice to see a GL say lets go join them, help to get our relic back, in the end, it will help ure group to.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
The best BG's I have been in are the ones that used the full range of abilities open to the realm. Everyone has a role to play from scouts to the caster in RoGs and a lot of it seems to do with numbers and the luxury you have to allow people to roam. When your in a keep getting the lock down is critical and that take numbers to do it effectively otherwise you end up munching wall waiting for the inevitable (for a druid this kind of thing is exhausting).

Opted groups are fundamental because they know what they are doing and they are much much more effrective in the open field and not with their backs turned to the wall for example. Sometimes though I do think many of these groups make a huge mistake to roam too far from the keep and not doing what is requested of them.

A good BG is one what can react quickly to changes on the ground, where Hibernia has done well in the past it was when those good FG's could appear within seconds of being called to help at a critical moment inside the keep. They can do this really well because their backs are not to the wall and they can move in a way they are familiar with. That can make all the difference. A FG that is two zones away but in the BG is not effectively doing that ofc ;).

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
well i think the game is comming too an end. it will be dead or they will have clustered alot of severs within the next 12 too 18 months.

i think that the cluster of severs hasnt worked out the way mythic planed. i think the thought that with the merge of severs it would inject life into rvr from all 3 relams. i think the opposite has happened. this has lead too irvr and zerging on a mass scale.

i have heard people say that they would like too see agramon halved in size, make it a portable zone with 3 pk's(one for each realm) with a 5min porting timer like in OF. also level the terrain completly, give people a flat terrain where we can have nice fights again. i think it wouldnt hurt too try this out altho i think nf would be dead of this where too happen and mythic would then be seen as idiots for introducing nf as it would be empty. this will more then likly never happen as mythic dont seen too listen too the eu player base. or if they do they dont seem too use logic.

as for irvr and relics? well lets leave that one alone. kzn and his grp seem too do a good job at running rr11 grps till 3 or 4am rolling lower rr players thinking they are making a point too hibs and mids for zerging there frontiers or something too this extent.

kivik

Part of the furniture
hanza said:
even solo rp whore

Err, hanza... A soloer, is as far from a RP whore one can possibly be in this game, aslong as you ain't a caster. :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Gahn said:
Same shit every summer tbh, amazing how memory can be so short -.-

Agreed!

Im enjoying the summer, hell, wont be back till th sun goes in!

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Problem with todays game is peoples different perception of how game should be played.

OF I think was more enjoyable that random groups could form up this was because there effectively was 3 Zones.
1.Emain
2.Odin's
3.Hadrians

Emain was like for intense RvR Grp v Grp Zerg meet Zerg Odin's was more of a Pug type group going out and for Soloers Hadrains rarely used but was still fun to play around.

Now NF is Port to main keep everyone practically all in same area nice if IRvR is around as it not so far to travel tho no IRvR long boat rides Enemy see boat incoming so await whoever gets off or if you do manage to get to a point you then bombed out of the place as soon as word is around there a fg at So so keep.

Mythic won't bring back OF which is a pity the keeps in NF are totally pointless from OF where keep sieges were a lot more fun than they are now think Mythic should address NF especially Relic keeps etc and way keeps are situated.

Problem is now NF = Boring where OF even tho was Old in design was much more Fun think they should of worked on upgrading OF than making a brand new zone as they did in NF.

Even tho there is still 3 Zones as in OF at least porting to enemy frontier seemed a lot quicker than Boat riding.

Soulja

pip

Banned
I blame monster rez FEEKING RETARDED all mids and hibs roll alb for it:( lol and anger of sprits lol that hib class is a warlock on steroids:(

ps ffs get irvr back on:touch:

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
sounds good, little hibs and little mids. alot of albs..

#1. Time to get scourger of albion (sp?)
#2. More ppl to kill!!! :D

Cu in a few days !
/staj in shanghai

dont come back, your life will be better for it :) daoc bad, rl good :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
dont come back, your life will be better for it :) daoc bad, rl good :)

a mix can be just as good, you don't have to act like some prophet telling people their lives will be better with daoc :p

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
a mix can be just as good, you don't have to act like some prophet telling people their lives will be better with(out) (inserted by me but was sure it was what VF meant) daoc :p

This is true, even tho its hard mixing up both, without getting a tiny bit to much daoc in:p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Genedril said:
Nah, shag outside. It's not as hot, you can get a tan at the same time & if you're clever you can get to a pub for a smoke & a pint when you've finished. All bases covered, job done. Just remember to take enough cash to buy the GF a pint too else you get slapped :(.
i doubt you go out alot if you think its cooler outside than inside -.-...

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
We may have seen the issue over alb numbers before but the fact remains that as the genuine hibs and mids get more and more hacked off that they cannot really do anything meaningful in RvR then they leave the game. They leave and no one new comes in. So numbers drop off slowly but surely.

Tonights raid by hibbies was not fun - albs were in Renaris before we even got the trebs up and whatever we did we were outnumbered. Kudos to Jupi for leading and for the hibs for trying but at the end of the night we got very little for our efforts. Next time hibbies try a raid then it seems likely there will be less willing participants as they remember being hammered last time.

Not sure how you even things up, but we all need to remember that a unless the game is fun then people are not going to play and now more than ever we need people to actively play.

ambera

Loyal Freddie
Too right Bel. If it's going to be non-stop betrayal and backstabbing in DaoC I might as well go to EVE Online. Tempting atm.

islef

Loyal Freddie
kivik said:
Err, hanza... A soloer, is as far from a RP whore one can possibly be in this game, aslong as you ain't a caster. :)

Oh get of your high horse, i enjoy playing a caster, and it is not exactly a rp machine since most with any interrupt or charge will wipe the floor with me. All this: "I play a hardmode stealther purely solo, and all who play casters are adding skill less rp horny twats!!11!1." rutine is getting so tiresome. If there is no room for ANYONE in the game that doesnt play like you do, you are in my humble oppinnion a wee bit narrowminded.
(agreed some caster classes are silly and it sux being steamrolled all the time)

mindtwist

Fledgling Freddie
whitelights said:
playing this game 4 years , with some shortstops in between now , but tbh every summer its the same , more albs come online take all relics run arround untill they even can't find a solo'r anymore then after summer vacation all are gone again.
So no worries after summer we all will be back and learn the albs a lesson^^

We will see

Tasmin

Fledgling Freddie
One suggestion to Mythic Id like to make is to change the way the underpopulated bonuses work or at least add an additional element.

If the under populated realms were given more guards, with higher levels and shorter respawn times, then this would help an underpopulated realm at least in defence against a larger zerg.

Not quite sure how you could use this to attack another realm unless you were able to take guards with you...

just a suggestion.

Tas

kivik

Part of the furniture
islef said:
All this: "I play a hardmode stealther purely solo, and all who play casters are adding skill less rp horny twats!!111."

You got it all wrong, what I meant is that casters have it easier to kill people solo than stealthers and tanks. Runemasters might be an exception, but really I've seen solo runies kill sorc+cleric dous, something wich is close to impossible for a stealther.

As I said, solo stealther/tanks if as far from a RP-whore you can be, solo casters might take the second place there, if you find that fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom