Today's Alb problem

Laws

Fledgling Freddie
What would be great is a way that Albs/Hibs and Mids could try out another realm without the level grind to 50 and having to do TOA, SCing, DR and play hours and hours of RvR just to get back to where you were roughly on your original char.

Mythic should allow a free level 50 in a different realm this would help lessen the grind and help players who are tempted to move establish themselves easier.

RvR is stale atm go out almost no one around soloing and FG running you over for a pastime simply isnt that fun. Segieing for hours is not very fun.

They need to put in something to the game where people can port to and fight quite easily a bit like old emain or Darkness Falls before they beefed up all the chars and gave some see hidden. Negative affects for running over soloers as a FG would be nice too something like an unpurgeable 50STR/DEX/CON/QUI debuff and - 5 to all resistances would put people off a bit.

Tulkos

One of Freddy's beloved
Jarahl said:
Yes yes, time to dust off the old Bainshee for a try!

Its NEVER too hot to shag!!!!!!!!!!

Time to get my sorc out tonight then i think will chase you down :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
inqy said:
just pant and sweat a load more. nothing wrong with that :D

And then its suddenly a quite nice session of excercise :D

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Laws said:
What would be great is a way that Albs/Hibs and Mids could try out another realm without the level grind to 50 and having to do TOA, SCing, DR and play hours and hours of RvR just to get back to where you were roughly on your original char.

Mythic should allow a free level 50 in a different realm this would help lessen the grind and help players who are tempted to move establish themselves easier.

RvR is stale atm go out almost no one around soloing and FG running you over for a pastime simply isnt that fun. Segieing for hours is not very fun.

They need to put in something to the game where people can port to and fight quite easily a bit like old emain or Darkness Falls before they beefed up all the chars and gave some see hidden. Negative affects for running over soloers as a FG would be nice too something like an unpurgeable 50STR/DEX/CON/QUI debuff and - 5 to all resistances would put people off a bit.

thats what they DONT need to do.

Imo strip second realm choices of the accounts. Ppl should stick with 1 realm

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
vavires said:
thats what they DONT need to do.

Imo strip second realm choices of the accounts. Ppl should stick with 1 realm

hmmm I dunno about this. We have met some nice peeps and played with them from other realms and if that option wasn't there we would never have been able to do that. However the problem is that we do get this relic tourism which is a pain for a while. I do get the feeling though that its temporary.

Last night was the first decent night in ages there were some really good FG fights, adds aye - but those didn't come in multipes of 10 :D

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
hmmm I dunno about this. We have met some nice peeps and played with them from other realms and if that option wasn't there we would never have been able to do that. However the problem is that we do get this relic tourism which is a pain for a while. I do get the feeling though that its temporary.

Last night was the first decent night in ages there were some really good FG fights, adds aye - but those didn't come in multipes of 10 :D

tbh its nice FG action allways almost when there in IRvR .. just aslong as you dont go near the zergy areas :]

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Its not the albs that depress me, the zerg is managable and relatively easy to avoid/farm.

There are a couple of hib groups that do that. Random Roleplayers being one. There is no give/take, its all one way with them, take take take ... my rps and never have the decency to give any back ;)

On a more serious note. One of the things I didn't see coming, was how a 1 hour change over time would give people an easy way out when the going got tough in a particular realm.

Xajin

Fledgling Freddie
Like someone said:

PL me an alt to 50 and I will gladly move to hib.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Xajin said:
Like someone said:

I disagree with this mentality for a number of very important reasons.

First of all it is an impractical way to change the nature of the underpopulated realm. We cannot power level enough people to make even a scratch on the number imbalance. Do you realise if you and a group of 7 other people came to Hib and formed what will eventually be your FG or guild that you could do this very very fast indeed? Free level every 3 days with enough people you could be at 50 in a matter of a week (12 hours playing) at most.

Second, I do not want people at level 50 who have not spent time getting to know people who currently play all their time in Hibernia. I want people to come play their way to 50 get to know us and get to enjoy being there. I seriously dislike the thought of people coming PLing to 50 and never knwing the realm or the people. There is something potentially destructive in that.

Third, given the second point what is actually needed here is that people need to change how they think and stop asking for things on a plate. Promoting an easy way to 50 promotes a casual way to playing that will only exacerbate realm tourism rather than reduce it. Not only this but it promotes a player who is not self sufficient and weak, who will not chip in when they are needed. It would weaken Hibernia in the interests of having a dial-a-zerg. No thanks.

Xajin

Fledgling Freddie
Xajin said:
Like someone said:

couldn't edit so:

I would like to play mid, but leveling a brand new char to 50 when I've just started again on alb is just not me.
But if I get PL'ed to 50, well well, that's another story ;)

Xajin

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
I disagree with this mentality for a number of very important reasons.

First of all it is an impractical way to change the nature of the underpopulated realm. We cannot power level enough people to make even a scratch on the number imbalance. Do you realise if you and a group of 7 other people came to Hib and formed what will eventually be your FG or guild that you could do this very very fast indeed? Free level every 3 days with enough people you could be at 50 in a matter of a week (12 hours playing) at most.

Second, I do not want people at level 50 who have not spent time getting to know people who currently play all their time in Hibernia. I want people to come play their way to 50 get to know us and get to enjoy being there. I seriously dislike the thought of people coming PLing to 50 and never knwing the realm or the people. There is something potentially destructive in that.

Third, given the second point what is actually needed here is that people need to change how they think and stop asking for things on a plate. Promoting an easy way to 50 promotes a casual way to playing that will only exacerbate realm tourism rather than reduce it. Not only this but it promotes a player who is not self sufficient and weak, who will not chip in when they are needed. It would weaken Hibernia in the interests of having a dial-a-zerg. No thanks.

1) As said, I cba level to 50. I cba to form a group and play on set times...
- That's also the reason why some of us don't move to other realms.
- Some from my guild plays hib, but I don't ask them for PL.
- Btw, you do realise that this was somehow meant to be taken like this: Why should I leave my realm when I got everything here, just to satisficy the other realm?

2) You do realise most first get to know each other when they're already 50?
- Roll a vamp+something you want to level. That's what most tell newcommers to do. Just like they do on alb: Roll a necro+something you want to level. I can't see how I get to know any by that?
- I've already played hib for 2 years, so no way I'm going to level myself up to 50 over again... (gave the acc away)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Xajin said:
1) As said, I cba level to 50. I cba to form a group and play on set times...
- That's also the reason why some of us don't move to other realms.
- Some from my guild plays hib, but I don't ask them for PL.
- Btw, you do realise that this was somehow meant to be taken like this: Why should I leave my realm when I got everything here, just to satisficy the other realm?

2) You do realise most first get to know each other when they're already 50?
- Roll a vamp+something you want to level. That's what most tell newcommers to do. Just like they do on alb: Roll a necro+something you want to level. I can't see how I get to know any by that?
- I've already played hib for 2 years, so no way I'm going to level myself up to 50 over again... (gave the acc away)

Listen whatever you cba to do or cba not to do is largely irrelevant. The comments I made where in general at the idea of PLing people to try and improve realm balance. I am asking you to simply look a bit further than beyond your own nose.

I am surprised you cba to post at all given the degree of apathy in your improved reasons for not doing anything. :p

whitelights

Fledgling Freddie
pfff

just count numbers m8s for each tower we take more then 2 FG albs come jumping us. Still we suceed in taking some towers from them , even important 1's.
Organisation in MID ???Well when u are on Surs with the 2 gates down and about 20 albs killed at the back gate its always verry nice to do /bg who and see that some nice FG's are not even close to where the keeptake is ! Even if u are controlling 50 people, in the end always some morons need to start roaming and feck it all up so in the end u get wiped with only about 30 people not all grouped at a keepfight, and then we all say GOOD defending to the 24 albs who got inside eggrezzed or smth..LOL i wanne see the day that all Mids start listening and stick on the same goal instead of running arround RP horny to feck up the BG.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
whitelights said:
just count numbers m8s for each tower we take more then 2 FG albs come jumping us. Still we suceed in taking some towers from them , even important 1's.
Organisation in MID ???Well when u are on Surs with the 2 gates down and about 20 albs killed at the back gate its always verry nice to do /bg who and see that some nice FG's are not even close to where the keeptake is ! Even if u are controlling 50 people, in the end always some morons need to start roaming and feck it all up so in the end u get wiped with only about 30 people not all grouped at a keepfight, and then we all say GOOD defending to the 24 albs who got inside eggrezzed or smth..LOL i wanne see the day that all Mids start listening and stick on the same goal instead of running arround RP horny to feck up the BG.
ure our man to get it done!!
Zelfs al zijde van antwerpen :D:D:D

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The whole leveling to 50 is just plain stupid. What is the point of killing the same mob over and over and over again? PvE grind is horrible, not only in DAoC. A system like in GW would be nice. Cool leveling with nice quests and missions or the creation of a PvP-ready char with some drawbacks (not best gear, only unlocked skills/equipment but the ability to unlock it some stuff from PvP).

I leveled my first char with no PL to learn the class and the system somehow but from then I always tried to PL as much as possible. Everything else is for me just waste of time because it is not exciting.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
What is the point of killing the same mob over and over and over again?

What's the point of killing the same people in RVR over and over?
What's the point in breathing?
What's the point in life?
What's the point?

:D

(This was a subtle way of saying: some people enjoy PVE).

Xajin

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
What's the point of killing the same people in RVR over and over?
What's the point in breathing?
What's the point in life?
What's the point?

:D

(This was a subtle way of saying: some people enjoy PVE).

I know some enjoy PvE where you get artifacts, does big encounters and etc, but leveling to 50?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Xajin said:
I know some enjoy PvE where you get artifacts, does big encounters and etc, but leveling to 50?

First times it was kinda fun..but no not as fun anymore i can agree:p

Everz

FH is my second home
Just had an attempt at rvr.. geez, even in IRvR noone seems to roam, i spend 20 mins roaming finding nothing, i eventually give into boredom and go to the bridge, to find the ani and ranger patrols are out ;/

sweetleaf

Loyal Freddie
Imo hibs are quite organised. I was there a few times over last few days when we have tried to take some of the towers back & a few Fgs of hibs turn up. The problem will always be that we might get 30 people in bg and to keep the interest of the 30 people will be hard when you try and do something constructive against albs and they will turn up with twice the numbers and as always a couple of times we get zerged by the larger alb force than people in hib will naturally start to logg off or go pve as its no real fun been overun mutiple times.

The problem seems to have got worse since albs have relics and alot of the 'i want to win crew' log albs characters and join the 'fun'.

Would not of been so bad but the keeps where taken in a failed relic raid which was done in the very early hours on sunday. They had behn, bolg, nged, crim and when I logged on 6.00 sunday morning they had ram on inner door of cru.

Maybe its just me but i like playing the more underpopulated realms, do not really see the point in playing alb when numbers are so great. Like glas soon as i realised hib was zerging the realm i switched to alb/mid. But thats just me i guess.

But saying this I remeber when in OF excal when the alb zerg what amazing but the game was different then, hib held the magic relic and the team work was pretty amazing. Even people with characters in there 30s would help defend the relics. But thos days are gone and the game has changed so much. Gees I sound like an old fart going on about the good old days. Ok rambled on enough and talked enough shit.

Clathis shade
Shic leecher
Sweetleaf old animist
Ylera luri tank
Sarola heling druid
Elixia bot
Crategous vw

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Ok the point as always is are we getting owned?

so we log on our alb alts?

and then while we destroy everything we qq like all others that they dont have alb alts? (from hib/mid)

not really because they got the 2 uber relics that will give us some more dmg since all alb casters= casting

while our bonedancer/warlock with relics can just 2 shot if theyre high rr enough (not working for bonedancer but anyway u can put a coin on lifetap its quite same ^^)

easymode was always the answer wasnt it?

we just dont like a class that cant kill easy sometimes we even delete it

is it a wizz with no protection so good because he do good dmg till he get interrupted? :p

i would like to make a question ....

who u believe that is ur main realm? do u have any? i know that im alb from day 1 etc but would never change realm not because i feel overpowered and staff but because i dont regret for my first decition r u?

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
a big problem aswell is that alot of players quit, but no begins. Ive not seen a serious advertice for daoc anywhere, exept the darkness rising expansion in a game magazine, but it didnt appeal that much.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
sounds good, little hibs and little mids. alot of albs..

#1. Time to get scourger of albion (sp?)
#2. More ppl to kill!!! :D

Cu in a few days !
/staj in shanghai

Gilbride

Fledgling Freddie
whitelights said:

Yes, or those groups JUST might be looking for some fun fights, and don't enjoy assboring sieging? o_O OMG, the old argument of people and their playstyles. Everyone pisses and moans about everyone else, but in the end, people still enjoy fighting their own way. Not everyone enjoys tedious wallhumping and bashing in doors, guess that might be why they roam. Shocking! But of course, they're just morons because they don't follow the leader FOR THE REALM!

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Gilbride said:
Yes, or those groups JUST might be looking for some fun fights, and don't enjoy assboring sieging? o_O OMG, the old argument of people and their playstyles. Everyone pisses and moans about everyone else, but in the end, people still enjoy fighting their own way. Not everyone enjoys tedious wallhumping and bashing in doors, guess that might be why they roam. Shocking! But of course, they're just morons because they don't follow the leader FOR THE REALM!
theres always tommorow when the goal is met to go get ure bloody rps

Mundokar

One of Freddy's beloved
@White

Look at it this way. Those groups in your BG want rps and if they know a keep is going to be under siege by their realmmates its pretty easy to guess where the enemy is going to come from. So those groups are mostly in between you and the inc enemy.
They dont actively help in your siege, but they do help you keeping the albs/hibs off your back.

Gilbride

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
theres always tommorow when the goal is met to go get ure bloody rps

But some people, like myself for instance, never enjoy sieging. Sure, we'll go and try and raid some people taking a keep once in a while, if there's nothing better to do, but it's generally not as much fun as a good, even fight. And it's more about the fight than the rps tbh. Sure, we still need to rank up to be fully competitive, speaking of our own group, so the rps are obviously a part of it, but I'll take a good fight over farming keeptakers any day. We simply don't share the same goals.

And what Mundokar just said above is generally true too. So in the end, we tend to "help the realm" but on our own terms, and in our own way.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Gilbride said:

It has always annoyed me as a BG leader when you know only too well you have certain groups who have a member or two sitting in the BG only to take information from it for their own rp gain and not to help with whatever the goal of the Bg group. It's a classic free-rider problem. It has nothing to do with disliking their playstyle but if you don't like sieging why join a siege BG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom