ToA and RvR

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
So how much has ToA infected RvR?

Wich things are actually nice to have and wich things are "teh suck" ;)
Are Si/Classic ability's gone now? due ToA ability's better?

Have goup setups changed allot:confused:

Are keeps still able to defend?
Or is it impossible due FoP's and health fields...

Wich things/ability's are overpowerd?
Wich things/ability's are underpowerd?

Wich things are still bugged?:eek7:

Is DAoC totaly different now?
Or for that answer we have to w8 untill NF...

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
play alb and you hate it
play hib and you like it

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well it's definatly diffrent,
but once you get used to the new things it's basicl same old same old

kirennia

Part of the furniture
yeah dorins pretty much got it.

Going to amg emain and finding 200 shrooms which insta kill anyone who goes through the doors can get kinda tiresome. To get decent RvR, you really can't play at primetime due to zergs from all realms now. All of the mids seem to have gone to get MLs up on their hib/pryd alts after doing their mid mains, of course not because hib is the strongest realm now ;) Ooh no it's because excalibur posed no challenge for them (they left before the hib guild groups finished with their MLs and artifacts).

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
AngelHeal said:
So how much has ToA infected RvR?

Wich things are still bugged?:eek7:
Tarts gift staff is a pain in teh arse!

Piss easy to level dinged mine after 3-4 big RVR outings, however the downside is that I've repaired it once already and its now down to 97 con after 1-2 small rvr outings :(

I can see this staff not lasting more than 1-2 months tbh.

Dreamsphere is teh crap, levels great chain pulling orange/red con mobs in AC with wiz @ night but I got 10-15 k of rp's and 1% on the arti :(

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
Tarts gift staff is a pain in teh arse!

Piss easy to level dinged mine after 3-4 big RVR outings, however the downside is that I've repaired it once already and its now down to 97 con after 1-2 small rvr outings :(

I can see this staff not lasting more than 1-2 months tbh.

Dreamsphere is teh crap, levels great chain pulling orange/red con mobs in AC with wiz @ night but I got 10-15 k of rp's and 1% on the arti :(

http://vnboards.ign.com/Trials_of_Atlantis:_Quests_and_Artifacts/b22590/66951845/p1

i think its a thread that will interest you Tay.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
the toa expansion is imho nice .... to slow spawn on the wantet artifatc mobs though ..

but for rvr ... well .. it sux .. it widned the gap between casual player<->semi casual i play most nigths<->hardcore players even more ....

1 fotm group with all the ML's and the artifatcs needed can cut though a gazzilion players who dont have it...

kind of think of DH with a 5+ lvls add on ... and you get the pic.. of cause relic's + skill still mean a lot ..

infact i think skillwise toa was good ... it now demands more skill to use your char+ artifatcs+ml's to a full extend ... but .. those fair figths where you could determine the outcome by skill alone is like the number of swimming pools in sahara desert..

hence the zerg has gotten stronger..

from an alb perspective grouping has become a shitload harder ... you have to let daoc controll you RL with fixed groups etc... or be prepared for waiting 70% of your online time on the rigth ppl with the rigth gear and ML's ..
or zerg ...
or just die and die ..

Filip
Theurg in HB

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
cougar said:
toa has no impact on rvr, as mythic stated early.

Soooooooooooooooooooo correct. No impactact at all....

And if you want try a new char it's ot enough to get him to 50 you must get all the ml and artifacts too.... :puke:

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
cougar said:
toa has no impact on rvr, as mythic stated early.

yah no impact what so ever , wonder why i couldnt' bodygaurd peeps before .. or get zeph'd only happend after ToA had been out awhile.

if you wher being sarcastic Cougar please put in a /sarcasim

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Tiarta said:
is it going to make me cry???

update:
random daoc player said:
my tartaros gift dropped 20% con in 500k rps, that is just ridiculous, thats with zero pve and with using a different staff for keep takes. it drops at LEAST 2% con every night of rvr
I'm guessing there is going to be new artifacts added with a new expansion at some point. sucks

Krane

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:
the toa expansion is imho nice .... to slow spawn on the wantet artifatc mobs though ..

but for rvr ... well .. it sux .. it widned the gap between casual player<->semi casual i play most nigths<->hardcore players even more ....

1 fotm group with all the ML's and the artifatcs needed can cut though a gazzilion players who dont have it...

kind of think of DH with a 5+ lvls add on ... and you get the pic.. of cause relic's + skill still mean a lot ..

infact i think skillwise toa was good ... it now demands more skill to use your char+ artifatcs+ml's to a full extend ... but .. those fair figths where you could determine the outcome by skill alone is like the number of swimming pools in sahara desert..

hence the zerg has gotten stronger..

from an alb perspective grouping has become a shitload harder ... you have to let daoc controll you RL with fixed groups etc... or be prepared for waiting 70% of your online time on the rigth ppl with the rigth gear and ML's ..
or zerg ...
or just die and die ..

Filip
Theurg in HB

nice post filip.

I agree 100%..

Shitest part is u have to adjust your irl to daoc and not vica versa if you want to compete..

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
Krane said:
nice post filip.

I agree 100%..

Shitest part is u have to adjust your irl to daoc and not vica versa if you want to compete..
or you could just reroll hibernia hey krane xD

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Herbal said:
or you could just reroll hibernia hey krane xD

hib is underpowered, nolby shall show us the light!
feels pretty sick not to be called overpoweredfotmtard as a mid (again lets blame np just for the fuck of it) :(( hibs getting that love now, so unfair with those luris who nuke for 500+++ always and grapplebgprotected.

UNFAIR!

And no svg whine yet, i mean wtf.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
well, a few things i dont like about toa:

-speedwarps (gl trying to solo with a bard at speed 1 t.t)
-grapple (boring)
-shitloads of people rerolling hib (fotm4tehwin)
-stronger zergs

what i do like:

-ml's were fun first wave, very dull to do 2nd time tho :/
-getting/exping artis, but repop timers too high and repop on camps to exp artis on too slow
-fop (no more downtime whoa)

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:
yah no impact what so ever , wonder why i couldnt' bodygaurd peeps before .. or get zeph'd only happend after ToA had been out awhile.

soz, i promise to be very clear with you from now on.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
giv /lvl on ml's imo. atleast so u get past ml3 whit your other chars :>

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
what i do like:

-fop (no more downtime whoa)

i really hate fop actually, the fact that a mana regen class spec's all the way to get the top mana regen spell then is outgunned completely by someones alt shammy who happened to join a few ml's afk at the back.

bring on that PvE fop nerf, jup jup

Grapple is gay and FZ should be purgeable, such fun not able to do anything when mincer + "damage adds" smack the crap out of u :>

hibs are prolly loving toa enhancements tho

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Tiki said:
i really hate fop actually, the fact that a mana regen class spec's all the way to get the top mana regen spell then is outgunned completely by someones alt shammy who happened to join a few ml's afk at the back.

bring on that PvE fop nerf, jup jup

Grapple is gay and FZ should be purgeable, such fun not able to do anything when mincer + "damage adds" smack the crap out of u :>

hibs are prolly loving toa enhancements tho

fz is a midtool, unless you enjoy stealthwars.

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
cougar said:
fz is a midtool, unless you enjoy stealthwars.

who's tool it is doesnt concern me, some skill tweaks still need to be done with both grapple and fz. Grappling a target + nukes QQ

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Oh btw, I wonder when it will be the Ablion's turn to at least be equal to other realms (being fotm is only a dream, I pretty much got used to that idea).... :(

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
Oh btw, I wonder when it will be the Ablion's turn to at least be equal to other realms (being fotm is only a dream, I pretty much got used to that idea).... :(

Albions realm population + being fotm(even more from other realms would reroll into alb) = mass breach of Telepad port limit number.

It would be a joke tbh

BaTDiE

One of Freddy's beloved
The best is you can solo wherever you want with almost all clases.
The worst, that grapple doesnt stunt casters like GoA said with the patch fixing.
The rest is fun.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I like the new bonuses that were indroduced in ToA now that many got "nerfed" from 25% to 10%.
Making a template is much harder now. Instead of getting a 99% suit and capping everything, you now have to choose what to focus on.
Even with a MP suit you have to sacrifice some stats, which is great.

The idea of artifacts is good, but some of them are too good and could use some adjustments.
Once an artifact is considered a Must-Have, i say it's too good(like SoM). :p
The time it takes to level some of them is ridiculous. Think i've spent close to 30 hours getting Phoebus Harp to lv 10, with chainkilling mobs with my bot not grouped.
Say a casual player plays 3 hours a day, 5 days a week. Maybe he doesn't even have a bot or friends to help, so that would double the time. Playing a game for a month just to level an artifact is silly.

I would like to see a few ML abilities changed as well. Don't know if any of this gets fixed in coming patched.
Mythic said once they didn't want any more stuns in the game, yet they gave us 3 abilities that, in many ways, are worse.
-grapple: the one being grappled should be immune to all kinds of damage! and the grappler stunned as long as the one he grapples. Maybe let spells damage the grappled person, but have a chance to hit the grappler instead(50/50?) :p
-bodyguard: the bodyguarder should not be able to fight while he bodyguards. He's focusing on guarding his friend, not waving his weapon around.
-Zephyr: The one "riding" should be immune to all damage.
-Speedwarp: Nerf, nerf, nerf!!!1

Oh, and give unique gfx on Malice and Battler hammers :)

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
-grapple: the one being grappled should be immune to all kinds of damage! and the grappler stunned as long as the one he grapples. Maybe let spells damage the grappled person, but have a chance to hit the grappler instead(50/50?) :p
-bodyguard: the bodyguarder should not be able to fight while he bodyguards. He's focusing on guarding his friend, not waving his weapon around.
-Zephyr: The one "riding" should be immune to all damage.

yesh

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Speedwarp is an annoying feature. Other than that I'd say remove GP and the realms are just about equal.

Dawn

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:

:eek7: :eek2: :eek6:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom