To zerg or Not.

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
ruudoniac said:
Get real all - u think that the problem is the 2fg runs ?
The problem is the 10 FG ALBS EVERY NIGHT AT EMAIN -
Albs get real and enjoy the game by getting more then 5rps per kill!!

Tip:
How to get more rps if u are an alb?
TRY SWITCHING TARGETS FASTER AND HIT AS MANY AS U CAN
5+5+5+5+5 = 25rps wee :clap:

such a losers !!

(i know there are albs that hate that thing too and are trying to avoid it - ofc i am not talking about them - but for the rest of the zerg realm (the majority) )

loooser?
By calling a complete realm loosers based on you dont like Albions numbers vs your realm makes you the looser tbh.....change realm to albion...cause we all know u envy us anyway lol

No but seriously....all f******* realms zerg. Sometimes albs zergs the most (i know ppl will quote that) sometimes mids....sometimes hibs, but face it ALL realms zerg!! And if u dont like it, dont go rvr...at least not odins/emain.
Personally i dont mind zergs no matters whos zerging, if i notice i dont have a chance in emain today, i go somewhere else (as example)
We (as in me and the mates i play with) dont have a fixed we must zerg plan or anything, we just do whatever seems fun atm and most of the times that aint zerging, but now and then we follow zerg (as all others do if they put aside the "hellnoidontzerg" attitude for abit).
No post on any forum will stop zergs, and you all know it!
So if you cant beat it, join it =P

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
i don't object to guilds zergin in principle - i.e. fellowship of midgard - they have basically no chance 1fg v 1fg so roam 2fg and provide a nice fight.

the problem with zergs is the higher RR groups who join them - people hate GoL because a 2fg zerg - with 2 invaders in it is very very difficult to beat as 1fg,

same goes for terra dominus to a lesser extent - they travel 2fg and with casters at the back killing people in 2-3 nukes - 2fg of them is hard to handle.

Actually we could run 1fg FoM that would be a challenge to other fg's, unless we are talking the really hardcore guild grps. This would require a fixed setup and belive me there are enough skilled players in FoM to make it (not me). However this would not fitt within a guild were everybody is given the same chance to join a grp. Thus we make 2fg blanced grp's giving everybody a decent chance of getting a spot.

I enjoy our 2fg nights very much, even though I know we steam roll most fg's with ease, thus get a lot of whine on irc etc, but it is still very fun when we meet larger formations of 2fg-4fg. I have no problem with the smaller Alb zergs only encrease the fun factor when battle is joined, but when they reach 5-7fg's I think it's becomming a too much.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
WEll i've been steamroled buy FoM serveral times when i have played my scout ... i've only recently started RvR'ing again with my Friar so will have to wait and see how the non-stelther is
but from my ickle vatange point of safety it is Zerg Vs Zerg in Emain .. simple.

Mids , hibs and albs all do it , overcome and adapt , simple

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
I was not among the doomsayers who crucified ToA before it went live; quite the opposite: i was looking forward to it. It's the same with New Frontiers. Many of the hardcore RvR people are already moaning about it that it will be just one giant zergfest. I don't know - might be true or might be wrong. I do, however, look forward to it and I think the keep battles will be fun again. There is only one big problem I see that has not been mentioned throughout the whole thread: Realm Population. If NF is keeping up to its promises (only large battles) then the game could be getting very very boring for underpopulated realms. I expect many hibs to quit in NF if RvR turns out what NF promises to be: superior numbers win.
I think realm population will be a very big issue in NF but actually it already is. If the server wouldn't crash on every RR attempt do you think hibs would still have any relics? Of course not. It would be impossible to do anything with only half the people compared to the biggest realm on this server. And I can imagine this issue will get much worse with NF and yet I haven't seen Mythic addressing that very problem.

I think ToA is a nice addition to the game and also to general RvR, but I think that there deff. are some abilities that needs a hard nerf - I mean high RR gg in shademode is just plain silly. In fact I think all the shapechanges are bad for the game, cuz in the end everyone and is dog is gonna run in with it. Imho it destroys the fantasy theme of the game.

As to NF I don't think Hib will have any problem at least on Excal, as you have adapt to beeing the smaller realm long time ago.

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:
WEll i've been steamroled buy FoM serveral times when i have played my scout ... i've only recently started RvR'ing again with my Friar so will have to wait and see how the non-stelther is
but from my ickle vatange point of safety it is Zerg Vs Zerg in Emain .. simple.

Mids , hibs and albs all do it , overcome and adapt , simple

hehe - think it must be payback form all the times we've been steamrolled with our stealthers :eek6:

Anyway I don't mind zergs. Imho no gutts no glory - meaning we usually go head on bigger albion formation without hesitations. Sometime we die, but sometimes we don't. At least to me one time "wtf pwming" 4fg albs is worth getting steamrolled from time to time :).

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
only three ToA things left to nerf: grapple bodyguard and zephyr

shadeform, power font, resist piercing, croc form all nerfed, 25% cast speed/damage nerfed.

Finally getting somewhere near balanced :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
Muylaetrix said:
fire debuff or str/con debuff, still means i am going down in 3 nukes max, probably 2.

Chilly ... <sigh> ... pawned
:(

bleh

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
I always though that insta CC and a baseline stun made up for numbers.

I think albion has inferior grouping options than the two other realms due to the fact that you need more classes to have all the important abilities in your group.

According to me there is a strange form of realm ballancing being done by keeping albion the inferior realm when it comes to group-making opportunities.

I always get the impression that equal rr alb groups are at a disadvantage compared to their mid/hib counterparts.

If i look at duskwave or doac-stats i see that even with the large diff in players per realm, each realm gets more or less the same weakly rp...

According to me, the overal realm vs realm is balanced... even if 1 vs 1 or fg vs fg is not.

If hibernia is the realm of the uber casters and midgard is the realm of the uber fighters, albion is the realm of the uber numbers. Not entirely, but you get the idea.

Explain me Garbannoch, eldritch, comparable to my ice wizzard in function, what chance i have against you if i don`t resist your stun ? you doing /lastattacker, /face, /qcast stun, /debuff, /dd, /dd, wins hands down from me even if i get the first dd of... Even VP and Moc won`t save me, and before i get a spell of after purging, i am dead anyway. Balance ?

I agree that albs have it harder to make a good group compared to mids/hibs at the current state of the game. But when you talk about zerg vs zerg the individual group setups do not matter so much anymore; if you have 50 vs 50 the side with the most aoe damage output will win. And my point was that in NF with hibs having roughly half the amount of players compared to albs it will get very boring when the usual zerg fight reflects the realm populations. And animist shrooms won't make up for a 2:1 player base.

And yes Wizards can't be compared to Elds. On the other hand nothing in mid or hib can be compared to Theurgists which imo is Alb's biggest single win factor in every fight.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
nothing in mid or hib can be compared to Theurgists which imo is Alb's biggest single win factor in every fight.

oO.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Raven said:
perspective, many people are whining about TD running with 2 groups (even though they do it themselves now and again) why shouldnt they? But the 10fg albs that just run atk > amg > mmg is a little silly and surely 80 players vs 8/16 isnt fun for either side.
Clearly it is fun becasue people continue to do it.

I frankly dont care either way, I for one will never tell somebody how to play a game unless I paid for it and pay the subs.

If somebody thinks its fun to XP kill then so be it, if somebody wants to camp Stairs at DF then so be it, there is an answer to all of it, bring more people with you.

Epic scale fights a few and far between but I love them, no matter what class I have had on during them, they have always been fun.

For everytime I hear 10FG's of Albs I see Mids camping atk or hibs blocking AMG its swings and roundabouts tbh.

I dont doubt that Albs do it more but hey thats the game, there is nothing to be gained from coming here whining about it yet people still do. Perhaps they feel the need look leet int he eyes of the FH public frankly I look at it as a game , if I get pissed off enough of being zerg'd or owned 1 too many times I learn my lesson and come back when said realm isnt doing what they do. I dont come here and whine.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Konah said:
what i object to is 2fg of players who are capable of winning as 1fg. but don't want to take the chance they may lose.
As you say thats your opinion, others may differ.

I defy anybody to say they have never taken part in a "mob rules" zerg, if you say you have never done it then you are missing an aspect of the game and cant comment on others doing it, if you have taken part in one then you are part of the problem.

Catch 22 I'm afraid.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Aloca said:
Play as you like and ignore all others complains. It is your game, you decide. I recommend you to play the way YOU have fun all others need to adapt around you.
:clap:

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
And yes Wizards can't be compared to Elds. On the other hand nothing in mid or hib can be compared to Theurgists which imo is Alb's biggest single win factor in every fight.

LOL

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Fluid said:
i rly only have 1 point to add, everyone who is here saying zergs r gr8, stop whining etc, how long would it take for you people to either quit the game or come whining here if vgn, la, dh, rr, rage, td, cf etc etc etc camped amg every single night of the week for hours on end, albs would never make it past amg if we wanted it that way all it takes is 5/6 animists + our high rr grps and i am pretty sure a lot of you would be whining very quickly
Who gives a flying what you do, AMG and ATK HAS been camped every night for a week, so I dont understand wtf you think its something new.

It happened prior to Animists.

I have fun when I play, I might be solo with my infil I might be duo I might be fg, I might run duo with my wiz I might go with 2 fg, I might even run with a zerg because it can be fun.

When I see people coming here crying about zerging or or people not being nice to others it fucking cracks me up it really does.

This game for me is about me, no more no less, how I choose to play is none of your concern, if you want to tell me how to play then your in the wrong game, people play the game because they want to have fun, this might involve being with friends or having a great guild, it might involve venting anger against others I dont know what floats peoples boats (you can include zerging, solo, fg v fg or whatever in this)

I do know that I play this game for me, if people dont agree your simply lying to yourselves why should I make the other realm happy if I dont get enjoyment out of it ? if doing something makes me feel good and the other realm feel good so be it, if not tough luck I'm afraid

This has nothing to do with being selfish it has everything to do with being honest.

And before some ignorant fool shouts " Stop being so self centered you moron" just think about what your saying and WHY you play this GAME.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Tay said:
Who gives a flying what you do, AMG and ATK HAS been camped every night for a week, so I dont understand wtf you think its something new.

It happened prior to Animists.

I have fun when I play, I might be solo with my infil I might be duo I might be fg, I might run duo with my wiz I might go with 2 fg, I might even run with a zerg because it can be fun.

When I see people coming here crying about zerging or or people not being nice to others it fucking cracks me up it really does.

This game for me is about me, no more no less, how I choose to play is none of your concern, if you want to tell me how to play then your in the wrong game, people play the game because they want to have fun, this might involve being with friends or having a great guild, it might involve venting anger against others I dont know what floats peoples boats (you can include zerging, solo, fg v fg or whatever in this)

I do know that I play this game for me, if people dont agree your simply lying to yourselves why should I make the other realm happy if I dont get enjoyment out of it ? if doing something makes me feel good and the other realm feel good so be it, if not tough luck I'm afraid

This has nothing to do with being selfish it has everything to do with being honest.

And before some ignorant fool shouts " Stop being so self centered you moron" just think about what your saying and WHY you play this GAME.

so if my and all hibs idea of fun was 24/7 camping of amg to stop any alb ever getting into emain you would be fine with that?

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Fluid said:
so if my and all hibs idea of fun was 24/7 camping of amg to stop any alb ever getting into emain you would be fine with that?
If that is what you want to do then you do it, I care not what you do with your time and money.

Be nice to fight in our frontier for a change.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
The prob with daoc is ppl need to relax and try to look at things from other ppls perspectives.When a fg zergs a solo person they think its ok just like when a zerg ganks a fg.If some1 plays 10h a day and gets all ml/toa items they have no time or understanding for ppl that play 1h a day.We all need to stop and try to accept its a game with many plastyles played by many differant ppl.Its NOT and i repeat NOT a fg vs fg only game or a solo game or a zerg game or a pve only game or a rvr only game, its a mix of all of them and IMO if u cant accept it then its your prob not every1 elses:)

Trubble

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:

2-3 nukes and the theurgist is dead, cause that will be the most it takes for hibs these days to burn through 1400-1500 hps. In that time frame the theurg can make 2 pets which is hardly dangerous, and more important will not have interrupted anyone yet. A theurgist only becomes dangerous after maybe 15-20 seconds of the fight, because that is how long it minimum takes before the theurgist makes an impact. Since fights are going much faster after toa, theurgist are really much less usefull compared to before toa.

So if you think theurgist is the single win factor, its really your own fault if you havent removed this danger before 15-20 seconds into the fight. ;)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Garbannoch said:
And animist shrooms won't make up for a 2:1 player base.

Sunday a few animist made a good show at hib power relic keep. 2, 3 ??? animist keeping an RR force at bay untill reinforcements arive... But true, shrooms allone won`t make the diff, but better CC ing options, grouping options, better classes, more pets per fg, ... , all of them give the lesser populated realm edges over the popular realm, in order to make up for the numbers in players.

Garbannoch said:
And yes Wizards can't be compared to Elds.

I think they are comparable. both are pbaoe classes without pet. If not with a (mana)Eldritch, what would you compare a (ice)wizz with ? it`s just that for a (ice)wiz, the comparisson is not favourable.

Garbannoch said:
On the other hand nothing in mid or hib can be compared to Theurgists which imo is Alb's biggest single win factor in every fight.

Funny that you consider theurgs such a danger. They are the casters in albion i find easiest to win from in duels... and pbt wrapped in cloth instead of chain kinda sucks too. And i think animists are WAY better than theurgs, for most things... Thanks Legion that mythic hasn`t given the mids a pet spam class yet.

Outlaw

Fledgling Freddie
Krane said:
1.Why u lie again outlaw? so sad..

2.I was fighting 2 theurgs there with pets on me...

3.And your clearly mocced...

4.I was landing dds (not the last one..several) on u still from my moc when u started to chaincast...qc wont solve that.

5.And last but not least...ty for dissing me in front of VGN..guess they ll care bout your oppinion..

or not.. :kissit:

1. er not lieing, I did DD, QC DD and 2 QC DD.
2. Good for you, did you enjoy it?
3. Again, nope no moc, surely ur skills woulda seen the blatant MOC woosh, you clearly didn't, but would like to try to convince those (ie. u lot) who weren't witness to it.
4. Well done.
5. I havn't dissed u lol, but again tell yerself I did.
6. Funny how now that your Hib you have joined the Diss Outlaw bandwagon, neva had a prob with you in Alb... wtvr bakes your cake.

PS: Don't go into rooms alone brave one.

Ceap

Fledgling Freddie
albs out in force again today, keep the stereotype up guys, there ya go...

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Outlaw said:
6. Funny how now that your Hib you have joined the Diss Outlaw bandwagon, neva had a prob with you in Alb... wtvr bakes your cake.

we hand out "outlaw sux" t.shirts to every new hibernian fyi

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
Outlaw said:
3. Again, nope no moc, surely ur skills woulda seen the blatant MOC woosh, you clearly didn't, but would like to try to convince those (ie. u lot) who weren't witness to it.
4. Well done.

THIS GAME AINT ABOUT SKILLS!
Muhahihihih

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Ceap said:
albs out in force again today, keep the stereotype up guys, there ya go...
Keep up the stereotypical whining with your standard realm blinkered view on events.

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Was kinda fun watching emain as a stealther. I usualy whine (ofc) about the zergs in emain but most of them is easely avoided as a stealther.

This was like a month ago or something and i saw some (by alb standard) small zergs of 2-3fg's. Then something happened, outlaw and zoyster was back in emain. I swear the zerg was 2-3 times bigger then it was for the whole week before when there was no outlaw/zoyster in emain, and i played 24/7 in emain thoose weeks.

I dont know if u try running 1fg and get a really bad case of add's sticking to you every chance they get or if u actually tell them to stick to you. But fact is that if outlaw is in emain, the alb zerg is huge.

Serathule

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is the 10 FG ALBS EVERY NIGHT AT EMAIN -

In the last 2 weeks when i have rvred have it been Hibs who roaming and zerging emain..

btw its not a whine!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Does the fact that damn few peeps react to my point proves i am right or i am an idiot to be ignored ?

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
Sunday a few animist made a good show at hib power relic keep. 2, 3 ??? animist keeping an RR force at bay untill reinforcements arive...
animists are good for that, camp a place with zonecrashing number of pets. but not rly for roaming rvsr (tho a good animist is not that bad in a grp, but cant be compared to a chanter/eld at this time imo)

Muylaetrix said:
I think they are comparable. both are pbaoe classes without pet. If not with a (mana)Eldritch, what would you compare a (ice)wizz with ? it`s just that for a (ice)wiz, the comparisson is not favourable.

well i think garb meant you cant rly compare what a mana eld can do with the lots of goodies he has (str/con, disease, nearsight etc) with an ice wizie. both got pbae and no pet thats true though :)

Muylaetrix said:
Funny that you consider theurgs such a danger. They are the casters in albion i find easiest to win from in duels... and pbt wrapped in cloth instead of chain kinda sucks too. And i think animists are WAY better than theurgs, for most things... Thanks Legion that mythic hasn`t given the mids a pet spam class yet.

well theurg pets are kinda annoying and can interrupt a lot, even tho their caster is dead/cced/nuking somebody, a good theurg is rly annoying :) think that was the post about :x

Krane

Fledgling Freddie
Outlaw said:
4. Well done.

1. Tell me how can u cast the first non QC dd when u are being chain-nuked?
2. Yap, its always fight to fight against the odds.
3. Riiight outlaw, and also herbal made 110k/day rps last week.
4. ty
5. It was zoyster not u..and u can find the quote in my sig.
6. Yes outlaw, i diss you because u claim things you dont do, and thats even more obvious from the other point of view and i find it disgusting.

ps.: unlike your brother i hardly go in and pbae alone anywhere, if u would play with an open eye for once, you could have seen there was our 2nd pbaer, nuked (hi der nuked m8, targeting the door while pbae is bad xD) there with me also in the room..yes i died, but so did your grp in the pbae run..i nicked 3 of the dms, so it was hardly useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom