To zerg or Not.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
I bought the game because it offered LARGE battles, unlike anything else on the market. Shame the server goes tits up every time there is a large battle, but that is an other matter. :(

Lier !! you baught the game cause you didnt have anything better to do, and it was better then watching me play and doing nothing :)

BTW, play a none 1 button, 1 trick every 30 mins class :p (couldnt resist)

Krane

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
It seems to be an established things that we (we being me, outlaw, Gol, etc) are zergers. This makes me laugh, if only you knew the effort we make to run 1fg..... The past week we are constantly zerged by TD,Vgn. I don't understand how so many, even Albs can be such forum sheep. I mean all of you that post have beaten our silly Fg, i can't see why u come here and blatantly lie :(

What made me laugh was 1 night, when we spent 1hour making our efficient FG, we leave atk and bang Garbo n crew are b/w atk and Amg. So we mezz em, then the alb zerg arrive. Next thing I know is, Garbo is whining on IRC that he leaves emain when GOL zergers come out.

U C what i mean ? start using your own brain and not others.

The irony is, Garbo likes nothing more than an Alb zerg to farm at amg, thats why they set camp there. But then 2 invaders come along, and suddenly the whole Community are calling GOL a zerg guild.

I agree there with 1 thing: u guyz used to put effort to try and run 1 fg back when i played in alb..

But...

According to my last weekends experience as a hib in rvr...you hardly succeed.
We only met your fg 2 times solo during 2 days of rvr...rest it was at least 2 fg but usually way more than that.

The image you made about yourself is your fault tbh, every time there is a zerg fight, you are 90% there farming in the back...

You made 70% of your rps on those zergfights, why do u try to claim u didnt...you just state an obvious lie again, and make a monkey of yourself...just like herbal did when he claimed hes made 110k rps/day...

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Krane I don't understand what u r trying to say... I translate it like this:

Yes I know u guys travel as 1fg most the times, but now as a hibber I have the duty to diss u, and say your FG is crap. And most your RPs are from zerging becoz your skills sook.

Same old Krane, new realm. Btw Vgn, good luck with Krane. I give him 2 months max, before he seriously pisses u off, falls out with half the guild, or gets banned for some dodgy conduct.

It goes like this, if you don't wanna get zerged, stay away from Atk-amg. Lol honestly. Stop trying to be heros and whine when it back-fires.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
I swear the ego on some people really prevents them from thinking things logically. If a hibber cg says 2 fg hibbs died to Alb Zerg at amg, guaranteed u will then find other hibbers near mill, in bowl, or trees SW.

All the albs who ported to emain at the same time, all arrived at amg at same time, then run off their own direction. Bam 1fg hibbers in Mill gets Zerged.

U know a couple of weeks ago we bumped into AD having a fight with FGH tank group. We arrived smack bang in the middle, but shouted to group to not add, next thing I know teh hibbs are attacking me, half my group dies not fighting and AD run off.

Your FG v FG obsession is unhealthy and frankly impossible in a game like this.

pomalllka

Fledgling Freddie
Allways nice when Fed/subodei bring their normal zerg. Its like weeee here come the rps :))))

Pom

Wiro

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
well everyone can get decent equipment, for some people it might take longer to get everything activated and leveled, but it's far from impossible

What would you chose if you were a casual gamer though? Spend two months trying to get some decent equipment and get all frustrated about it or just stay in Emain and have a bit of fun? :p
And besides, if you managed to get that decent equipment as a 'random' rr3 Alb, it's still hardly doable to get into the 'better' groups :touch:

Anyway, I agree with Muy on his opinion on zerging.. it's better to zerg and stay alive a bit than to get pwned the whole night with your crappy fg :p ...pity Muy has this silly habit to die in the first 2 seconds of every fight (and I know since I've grouped with Muy quite some times when I played Ambie) :clap:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Zoyster has a point - if you run around between amg and atk killing albs then of course you're going to get zerged.

If there are 80 (non stealther) albs in emain they'll be going from atk to amg and you're in their way.

Nothing wrong with zerging - they just need to make high RR enemies worth more RP so us albs can actually get some RAs sometime ;)

If it was a low RR enemy group that was zerged by 10fg I'd feel bad ;) but it's almost always some high RR perfect setup gank group out to farm the sheep.

(5fg zerg 1fg losing 1fg of their own - everyone in the "zerged" fg gets 200rp, 4fg out of the 5fg in the zerg get 40 rp each)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
ruudoniac said:
Get real all - u think that the problem is the 2fg runs ?
The problem is the 10 FG ALBS EVERY NIGHT AT EMAIN -
Albs get real and enjoy the game by getting more then 5rps per kill!!

Tip:
How to get more rps if u are an alb?
TRY SWITCHING TARGETS FASTER AND HIT AS MANY AS U CAN
5+5+5+5+5 = 25rps wee :clap:

such a losers !!

(i know there are albs that hate that thing too and are trying to avoid it - ofc i am not talking about them - but for the rest of the zerg realm (the majority) )

: Ruudoniac <Mjollners Fury> Race: Norseman Class: Healer Level: 50 RP: 369,884 (RR4L5) Last Week: 2,640 Realm: Midgard

:m00:yes im sure u know lots about rvr :kissit:

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing like a realm-jumper who think that after click a certain icon at realm select screen he becomes 200% more skilled, priceless. :fluffle:

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
: Ruudoniac <Mjollners Fury> Race: Norseman Class: Healer Level: 50 RP: 369,884 (RR4L5) Last Week: 2,640 Realm: Midgard

:m00:yes im sure u know lots about rvr :kissit:

How to pwn a random-vakten-noob, by Subedai :clap:

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
U know a couple of weeks ago we bumped into AD having a fight with FGH tank group. We arrived smack bang in the middle, but shouted to group to not add, next thing I know teh hibbs are attacking me, half my group dies not fighting and AD run off.

Your FG v FG obsession is unhealthy and frankly impossible in a game like this.

Oh come on, you know that was totally worth it even if you weren't gonna add (although I could swear I saw your pb's light up the screen the second you showed up). I even think Nick got it on tape. :)

To top it off, the group they were fighting ran off to AD's restspot after they killed you so AD still got their rp's.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Tualatin said:
yup, they cry when they are zerged.. and what do they do? make their own zerg or leave.. Same as for the people in the zerg.. who got zerged/pwned before.

But hibs/mids dont see that, they only see the zerg. (as a result of there own performance)

how many times did i went to emain and saw outlaw + zoyster passing mmg with 40 albs behind it?

Its getting boring and thats why mids zerg a bit more now (but never with 60-70ppl cause then albs wouldn't even go to amg...) Most of the time it are maybe 5-6-7 fg's running and sometimes they just can't avoid the alb zerg...

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
A structural problem in this game is that there is not a way to create a really balanced challenge everytime (that is the objective of a fun fight).
That is simply impossible.

3-4fg of randoms vs 1fg DH or NP makes a perfectly balanced fight, I am sure that this is a challange and a fun event for both of the sides.
so it is a fg vs fg of similar RR or a 2fgs vs 2fgs of similar RR
.... or a zerg vs zerg

So there is not a setup for all this occasions... you have to adapt.

What i find really stupid is: totally casual players flaming very high RR groups (yes they are entitled to spend their time as they want, if they aim to perfection they are allowed to do that , and who are you to judge?) or fotms leet boyz flaming poor casual players for the zerg (yes they are free to have a fun even if they can play a few hours a week, and they are allowed to do whatever they want to avoid to be farm cows, who are you to judge?).

Just don't expect to have a balanced fight all the time.... just roam in the setup you prefer, have fun..... and pray the DAoC Gods for a fun balanced fight ;)

<shrugs>

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Play as the situation dictates imo.
I dont mind if you get beaten repeatedly as 1fg and come back as 2fg. What I detest is people who run 2fg when there is no competition (emain mids in the mornings/night zerg hibs etc). Also if you are over RR6 you should make the effort to run a decent FG tbh; say what you want about JH but we rarely if ever teamed with anyone when it was zergy.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Wiro said:
What would you chose if you were a casual gamer though? Spend two months trying to get some decent equipment and get all frustrated about it or just stay in Emain and have a bit of fun? :p
And besides, if you managed to get that decent equipment as a 'random' rr3 Alb, it's still hardly doable to get into the 'better' groups :touch:

Anyway, I agree with Muy on his opinion on zerging.. it's better to zerg and stay alive a bit than to get pwned the whole night with your crappy fg :p ...pity Muy has this silly habit to die in the first 2 seconds of every fight (and I know since I've grouped with Muy quite some times when I played Ambie) :clap:

well it's piss easy to do toa quests and get 99% qual sc armor made, its not optimal, but it's a whole lot better than coral armor with resists far from cap

next to that, you don't have to get in the better groups, you have to make them.. if you actively try to improve your play and don't give up easily then it will be rewarded, it's a problem with mentality and not (only) with realm balance

im not saying people arent allowed to use shit gear and zerg every night, but i do think its a waste of what you can get out of daoc, because hitting f8 and spamming as much ae spells as you can isnt the most challenging thing to do.. especially because the numbers usually arent balanced.. the zerg vs zerg fights can be fun sometimes, 8 fg vs 1 fg cannot

Event

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
It seems to be an established things that we (we being me, outlaw, Gol, etc) are zergers. This makes me laugh, if only you knew the effort we make to run 1fg..... The past week we are constantly zerged by TD,Vgn.

Sorry zoy but got to pull you up on this one. Vgn might add on a zerg v zerg battle but we never run more than 1fg as you well know. Why include us alongside TD who admit they run 2fg sometimes?

Dunno how this old thread keeps popping up coz it is a pointless discussion:

Gank grps lead to zergs.

If you dont like zergs dont go back and play when less zergy or go odins.

QQ

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, i forgot; hibs and mids never zerg.. it's always the albs, right? That's what you all claim. And if you think that's really true, then take a good look in the mirror.

It's soo piss easy to blame another, but how can a standard alb group (read; needed class; 2xcleric,1xsorc,1xmincer,tanks..) win from a high RR hib or mid group? Those groups play alot together, and simply are better. So albion should just be overrun by that, but continuesly run 1fg? or zerg?

At least we have the decency to do a prime-time... ah nm, that's another topic

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
Calo said:
how many times did i went to emain and saw outlaw + zoyster passing mmg with 40 albs behind it ?
yes ofc the 40 albs camping mmg are due to gol we rly enjoy not seeing mids all night because theres an alb zerg camping mmg ^^

Gargo

Fledgling Freddie
Zerg please and kill all of the retarded roleplayers from prydwen that rolled hib now its easy mode.

Fucking hibs. hate them all.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
if you wanna run and outnumber someone because your grp lack utility then maybe we gonna add another fg and go 2fg to meet your grps and then what you go 3fg because you cant win and then we go 3fg?......
retarded.. and you dont win when you kill 8 ppl with 16 ppl you have purely won because of numbers

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Krane said:
You made 70% of your rps on those zergfights...

So he made 7 million rps at what...100 rps a fight?

Krane said:
... you just state an obvious lie again...

The perfect irony.

Guess when you reroll from Albion it's compulsory to join the Same-Old-Bullshit bandwagon... :rolleyes:

Ging

Part of the furniture
Bracken said:
So he made 7 million rps at what...100 rps a fight?

The perfect irony.

Guess when you reroll from Albion it's compulsory to join the Same-Old-Bullshit bandwagon... :rolleyes:

I know if i roll hib ill be stright on that band wagon as if id neve been an alb - appaerently its full of free beer and beautifull women.... hence the strong pull of relics :)

its also fact that the grass IS greener in hibernia :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Tualatin said:
Oh, i forgot; hibs and mids never zerg.. it's always the albs, right? That's what you all claim. And if you think that's really true, then take a good look in the mirror.

it's a combination of being used to zerging in alb (majority of players), much higher numbers and amg being a nasty chokepoint.. not much has to happen and lots of groups build up behind/on amg.. same for mids, but less for hibs because they dont have a chokepoint to enter emain

It's soo piss easy to blame another, but how can a standard alb group (read; needed class; 2xcleric,1xsorc,1xmincer,tanks..) win from a high RR hib or mid group? Those groups play alot together, and simply are better. So albion should just be overrun by that, but continuesly run 1fg? or zerg?

well thats very biased, albs dont gain less rps and arent less skilled by default, it's a matter of dedication.. low rr hibs will also have a hard time against high rr albs/mids, you can't expect to win everything at the start

id rather do smt else than zerg because you wont get any better at fg vs fg by zerging.. also running ~2 fg isnt really a problem if you cannot compete with 1 because of high rr groups.. these 2 fg will offer a challenge to the good groups out and less of a instakill situation, but the moment 5-10 fg albs chase 'fg hibs dcx' directions, people start whining

At least we have the decency to do a prime-time... ah nm, that's another topic

yes, i don't think anyone whined at you doing a primetime raid? im very sorry it failed but that's completely nonrelated to standard emain rvr indeed

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
> how many times did i went to emain and saw outlaw + zoyster passing mmg with 40 albs behind it?

For half of the albs, following zoyster and co, untill amg has been cleared, is the only way to get to amg alive.

Seems GoL is fine with that if amg is camped, after amg is cleared they `kindly` ask everyone to stop following them.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
i rly only have 1 point to add, everyone who is here saying zergs r gr8, stop whining etc, how long would it take for you people to either quit the game or come whining here if vgn, la, dh, rr, rage, td, cf etc etc etc camped amg every single night of the week for hours on end, albs would never make it past amg if we wanted it that way all it takes is 5/6 animists + our high rr grps and i am pretty sure a lot of you would be whining very quickly

Event

Fledgling Freddie
Tualatin said:

Sorry m8 but that is utter bs. AD run a classic alb setup and they pwn low and high rr hib/mid grps all the time fg v fg. You cant always win em all but they win more than their fair share.

Why dont you play a lot together with a grp of like-minded peeps and get better at it?

Also I wanna say for the record hibs who camp amg are embarassing.

Outlaw

Fledgling Freddie
Again we come to the Zerg issue, it's really quite straightforward, but as alot of you seem to have issues grasping it, or have reached a new enlightenned level of DAOC skillz to compute it:

Albion > Mid > Hib [numbers wise xD]

What would you "enlightenned" that r0x so much, liek us to do?
PvE?
Camp APK?
go to Freezing Odin?

Infact I am fed of if the zerg wajn, time for some of my wajn,
we H A T E empty Emain!

Don't bore us, send us your padawans, "enlightenned" ones. When we roam 30 mins all RAs up all Arts up to fight nothing but a bunch of DC guards don't fookin begrudge our moment of Glory when we finally catch up with you mofos.

For the Record: Remember this is a war. Adapt.
For Krane: You're factless (asusual), general (asusual), assumption (asusual) about the make up of my RPs is BS. Don't forget for every NP there are 10 Green Guilds, for every DH there are 10 err Blue Guilds. Infact when we faught you last night near DC and I DD, QC DD & then 2nd QC DD you're ass dead, were we > FG, did I fookin Zerg kill you, is that part of the 30% or the scientificaly proven 70%???

About last night: I think our FG approaching AMG got hammerred by Hib Zerg (incl VGN, DH, and other names we there) several times.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
well it's piss easy to do toa quests and get 99% qual sc armor made, its not optimal, but it's a whole lot better than coral armor with resists far from cap

next to that, you don't have to get in the better groups, you have to make them.. if you actively try to improve your play and don't give up easily then it will be rewarded, it's a problem with mentality and not (only) with realm balance

im not saying people arent allowed to use shit gear and zerg every night, but i do think its a waste of what you can get out of daoc, because hitting f8 and spamming as much ae spells as you can isnt the most challenging thing to do.. especially because the numbers usually arent balanced.. the zerg vs zerg fights can be fun sometimes, 8 fg vs 1 fg cannot

You are assuming people have the same amount of time to dedicate to the game that you have, which is wrong. Some people just don't have the time to set up groups or go on ML's, they get limited time to run around in emain and have some fun. An hour a day and after 12 makes it pretty difficult to get TOA items and ML's, just try it for a week and tell me what you get.

It has nothing to do with mentality, it has to do with lifestyle, some people just can't afford to be in daoc 24/7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom