To zerg or Not.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Outlaw said:
Again we come to the Zerg issue, it's really quite straightforward, but as alot of you seem to have issues grasping it, or have reached a new enlightenned level of DAOC skillz to compute it:

Albion > Mid > Hib [numbers wise xD]

What would you "enlightenned" that r0x so much, liek us to do?
PvE?
Camp APK?
go to Freezing Odin?

Infact I am fed of if the zerg wajn, time for some of my wajn,
we H A T E empty Emain!

Don't bore us, send us your padawans, "enlightenned" ones. When we roam 30 mins all RAs up all Arts up to fight nothing but a bunch of DC guards don't fookin begrudge our moment of Glory when we finally catch up with you mofos.

For the Record: Remember this is a war. Adapt.
For Krane: You're factless (asusual), general (asusual), assumption (asusual) about the make up of my RPs is BS. Don't forget for every NP there are 10 Green Guilds, for every DH there are 10 err Blue Guilds. Infact when we faught you last night near DC and I DD, QC DD & then 2nd QC DD you're ass dead, were we > FG, did I fookin Zerg kill you, is that part of the 30% or the scientificaly proven 70%???

About last night: I think our FG approaching AMG got hammerred by Hib Zerg (incl VGN, DH, and other names we there) several times.

consierding most vgn are pve'ing atm and DH are 99% inactive i dunno how can u say they were zerging

Sabu

Fledgling Freddie
I personally recon that 90% of times i have seen Zoyster in the last weeks was with 1fg.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
Honestly i don`t understand the hate against zerging.

For those who are not in a balanced rr6+ fotm setup, but come form a minor guild who has no way of putting an even remotely balanced fg in the field, zerging is pretty much the only way of getting more rp`s than times you release before getting a single rp.

For those casual players (and they are a majority) without artefacts, who can`t play 4+ hours a day, without large social network in the game, who`s groups just get wtfpawned in 2 secs flat, zerging is the only way to go.

I bought the game because it offered LARGE battles, unlike anything else on the market. Shame the server goes tits up every time there is a large battle, but that is an other matter. :(

i agree totally with murry, from a standpoint of being in random grps big battles and zergs are the only way to get a good fight, running into rr6+ fotm enemy grps isnt pretty, and you cant tell me running around for 5 mins hoping to meet an enemy fg is better than a big giant battle over a wall or keep or just a big roughly even sized battle, roaming is so fucking boring, even when ur lucky enough to be winning most fights, frontiers might allow those who hate roaming or who cant get in a half decent groupsetup to have some fun again.

I guaran damn tee you if you think about the best ever times of your RVR experiences over the years, either a violent keep seige/battle or giant 3 way dance happening will be your fondest experience, i remember a 3 way battle near mmg emain about 18 months ago being many ppls favorite time, it lasted about 10 mins somehow and everyone who was there loved it, noone cared how many rps they got, and id guess there were about 50 on each side with mids streaming in thru their wall, interestingly i dont remember being mezzed more than once during the whole fight.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
Wiro said:
Anyway, I agree with Muy on his opinion on zerging.. it's better to zerg and stay alive a bit than to get pwned the whole night with your crappy fg ...pity Muy has this silly habit to die in the first 2 seconds of every fight (and I know since I've grouped with Muy quite some times when I played Ambie) :clap:

hehe murry is my favorite random grp chap :) plz invite me again dude tho im a fire wiz now :( :D

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
Same old Krane, new realm. Btw Vgn, good luck with Krane. I give him 2 months max, before he seriously pisses u off, falls out with half the guild, or gets banned for some dodgy conduct.
let him hang himself, its only a matter of time. unless VGN like having total pricks in thier ranks that is ;)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
zerg v zerg on equal terms (numbers etc) is a hell of a lot of fun laggy but fun and a nice way for everyone to get a few RP.

zerg v 1fg i hate this especially if im in the fg been zerged im not talking bout 2fg im talking bout 6fg etc its sad, very boring and i suspect really not worth it anyone who thinks this is fun has really missed the point of the daoc.

1fg v 1fg i really enjoy this alot more than i used to its a challenge and rewarding to know it was an even fight and you came out on top if you havent tried this you really should its alot of fun its nothing leetist or big headed its just balanced rvr how we all really want it to be to have a 50/50 chance to win.

about adding on a fight now does this come under zerg v 1fg or something different im gonna say something different. lets face it guys if ya havin a 1fg fight and someone runs past there are gonna be VERY few ppl who would say come on lads lets move on its there fight dont think i would tbh /respect to those who do.

what it all boils down to is that in rvr eventually you are gonna encounter all 4 of above scenarios whether you like it or not and theres really not alot you can do about it so all you can do is bite ya lip and hope to god when you go back its more to your liking remember just cos you like zergs or 1fg fights doesnt mean everyone else does.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
HerculesPluto said:
i agree totally with murry, from a standpoint of being in random grps big battles and zergs are the only way to get a good fight, running into rr6+ fotm enemy grps isnt pretty, and you cant tell me running around for 5 mins hoping to meet an enemy fg is better than a big giant battle over a wall or keep or just a big roughly even sized battle, roaming is so fucking boring, even when ur lucky enough to be winning most fights, frontiers might allow those who hate roaming or who cant get in a half decent groupsetup to have some fun again.

I guaran damn tee you if you think about the best ever times of your RVR experiences over the years, either a violent keep seige/battle or giant 3 way dance happening will be your fondest experience, i remember a 3 way battle near mmg emain about 18 months ago being many ppls favorite time, it lasted about 10 mins somehow and everyone who was there loved it, noone cared how many rps they got, and id guess there were about 50 on each side with mids streaming in thru their wall, interestingly i dont remember being mezzed more than once during the whole fight.

mine was vgn wiping an entire relic raid about a year ago, and the la/vgn grp finding the alb rr 2 days ago, both were very hectic times for me being an ex alb and taking many spy accusations :p

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Meduza said:
Nothing wrong with zerging if u have more fun that way!

Yes, and i loooooved vanilla ice cream and there was nothing that tasted better untill i discovered the chocolate flavor! :D

No im not a uberleet player, but im pretty sure all ppl get a larger 'kick' out of smaller fights than thoose big random zergs... It doesnt take much to have a little patience and try to form a good group or two and then roam emain and still have a very good chance vs. the uberleet fg's you all think hibs and mids are (they are not fyi, many are just 'casual' players trying to get the 'kick').

I often try to go emain with a fg only to get wtf pwnd by some leet mid or alb gg (wich i can live with because they are simply better) or like half of the times or so, get zerged! :( Tis not fun to get owned by a zerg because you know that it would be so much more fun for all if they just ran in 1-2 fg and not thoose zergs that make your computer lag! :p - Actually a couple of weeks since ive tried to make such a group because i know i will get zerged, instead ive been soloing in odins a bit wich also i quite fun (as long as people dont purge my root and charge me :))

So my point it: its ok to zerg (like 1-2fg balanced), but thoose uber big zergs with some more or less random groups is just waste of time for us all. I blame the people who dont make an effort into making the game fun for themselves.

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
Zerging is the way forward, as i'm sure ppl will find out in New Frontiers.

The problem at the moment is the badly designed frontier zones which encourage camping certain spots and choke points. The game is designed to be large scale warfare spread over a number of zones where the opposing realms battle for control over the keeps and this simply doesn't happen at the moment due to the poor design. As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, it's perfectly possible to stop an entire realms force from even entering an area where they can take a keep just by setting up a force at the appropriate milegate, hopefully NF will address this.

Anyone who seriously believes that when Mythic designed the game, they planned for the majority of RvR action to take place between atk > amg > mmg > mtk in emain and that all realms must run in no more than 2fg, needs to have their fucking head examined. If you come to the most populated RvR zones and get overrun by a zerg don't come here and whine about it, contact your fellow thinking mates who also want to run fg v fg over IRC and plan to roam around in a different zone for a *fair* fight. Trying to dictate to everyone else how *they should play the game* is obnoxious considering they pay their subscription just as you do.

Ceap

Fledgling Freddie
TBH, from my point-of-view (RR5 druid) -

I can think of nothing less fun than coasting through life, coasting through this game. If i wanted easy, guaranteed returns, i'd craft or PvE to my heart's content, and no doubt be happy about it. The ML raids we all bitch about so much are the perfect example: get enough people (or animists :p ) and bingo - another ML under your belt.
There's nothing wrong with being a casual player, or, for that matter, being a hardcore one. You make your own fun, and find your own niche within the DAOC construct. But most people, I'm sure, get the most enjoyment from displays of skill: either surviving wave after wave of PvE mobs, scraping through and living; or taking on an enemy of equal (or greater) skill, and winning (or coming close to it). We all remember the raid which almost failed, or the battle which was closely fought. No one remembers an easy fight, except to laugh at how easy it was then promptly forget it.
Which brings me to my point. As a dedicated fg-v-fg RVRer (as opposed to zerging), I see no fun in winning a battle on numerical superiority alone. If your contribution to the fight was F8ing and AOE dd'ing, or spamming spreadheals because ONE member of your grp needs some HP, then I, if I'm honest, see no pleasure or point in the fight. It's easy, it's base. People accuse those higher RR grps of being RP-whores: well, they're enjoying themselves more, i imagine, than the 100th person in the zerg who is so laggy all they see is frozen toons and the occasional flash of a spell effect.
Do what's fun, but... where is the fun in a battle you could have won as easily by being AFK?

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Generation said:
Anyone who seriously believes that when Mythic designed the game, they planned for the majority of RvR action to take place between atk > amg > mmg > mtk in emain and that all realms must run in no more than 2fg, needs to have their fucking head examined.

I believe Daoc was the first of its type to create rvr warfare, and i seriously doubt that they had designed the game specificly to be the type of rvr you are talking about. They probably had an idea of how rvr would be cool, but it seems most people disagree with mythic's kind of 'fun' since rvr is like it is today. Besides, why do you think you have to play the game the way mythic probably inteded? :>

And what i think is that NF will make it even more attractive to run in a fg since they create towers and bridges wich makes it possible for a small group to win over a much bigger zerg.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
mine was vgn wiping an entire relic raid about a year ago, and the la/vgn grp finding the alb rr 2 days ago, both were very hectic times for me being an ex alb and taking many spy accusations :p

hehe was that the jumping out of room window into the half of albs relic force all stuck and bumched on each other?

classic movie clip that was :)

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
HerculesPluto said:
hehe was that the jumping out of room window into the half of albs relic force all stuck and bumched on each other?

classic movie clip that was :)

that was DH :) ours was 82 albs at a logout spot, sad part was the /as info as from a spy who got perma banned at the end

Krane

Fledgling Freddie
Outlaw said:
Again we come to the Zerg issue, it's really quite straightforward, but as alot of you seem to have issues grasping it, or have reached a new enlightenned level of DAOC skillz to compute it:

Albion > Mid > Hib [numbers wise xD]

What would you "enlightenned" that r0x so much, liek us to do?
PvE?
Camp APK?
go to Freezing Odin?

Infact I am fed of if the zerg wajn, time for some of my wajn,
we H A T E empty Emain!

Don't bore us, send us your padawans, "enlightenned" ones. When we roam 30 mins all RAs up all Arts up to fight nothing but a bunch of DC guards don't fookin begrudge our moment of Glory when we finally catch up with you mofos.

For the Record: Remember this is a war. Adapt.
For Krane: You're factless (asusual), general (asusual), assumption (asusual) about the make up of my RPs is BS. Don't forget for every NP there are 10 Green Guilds, for every DH there are 10 err Blue Guilds. Infact when we faught you last night near DC and I DD, QC DD & then 2nd QC DD you're ass dead, were we > FG, did I fookin Zerg kill you, is that part of the 30% or the scientificaly proven 70%???

About last night: I think our FG approaching AMG got hammerred by Hib Zerg (incl VGN, DH, and other names we there) several times.

Why u lie again outlaw? so sad..

I was fighting 2 theurgs there with pets on me...

And your clearly mocced...

I was landing dds (not the last one..several) on u still from my moc when u started to chaincast...qc wont solve that.

And last but not least...ty for dissing me in front of VGN..guess they ll care bout your oppinion..

or not.. :kissit:

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Krane... you fit so well into Hib.. selfopionated and jerk are 2 words that spring to mind.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
Iorlas said:
Krane... you fit so well into Hib.. selfopionated and jerk are 2 words that spring to mind.

:clap:

is this the same twat who was in alb a long time ago? i remember him having a right go at my pally for rezzing him, Wonder if hes kissed a girl yet.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
HerculesPluto said:

is this the same twat who was in alb a long time ago? i remember him having a right go at my pally for rezzing him, Wonder if hes kissed a girl yet.
This the same twat that hadda leave alb cos no fuker liked him??Wonder if he's stopped kissing ass yet or still billy no m8's??yet another mouthy realm jumper that couldn't hack it :kissit:

Kaireem

Fledgling Freddie
Event said:
Sorry zoy but got to pull you up on this one. Vgn might add on a zerg v zerg battle but we never run more than 1fg as you well know. Why include us alongside TD who admit they run 2fg sometimes?

Dunno how this old thread keeps popping up coz it is a pointless discussion:

Gank grps lead to zergs.

If you dont like zergs dont go back and play when less zergy or go odins.

QQ

Show

Fledgling Freddie
lol at the retards who think alb zerg the most cause its a planned thing.

actually its about the numbers/realm, albs have the most ppl, emain is a popular place etc.

find it funny that after a couple of years u still dont get that. shoulda stayed in school i guess :|

Krane

Fledgling Freddie
Iorlas said:
This the same twat that hadda leave alb cos no fuker liked him??Wonder if he's stopped kissing ass yet or still billy no m8's??yet another mouthy realm jumper that couldn't hack it :kissit:

Iorlas you are so sad..
And sorrow...

:fluffle:

Krane

Fledgling Freddie
HerculesPluto said:

Ah...you were one of the random retards in the warder zerg who overwrited cleric rezzes just to get 50rps at least for that night..

Oh and yes...i have kissed a girl yet...and becase u wondered i tell you..it feels damn good...u shud try it sometime.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
It seems to be an established things that we (we being me, outlaw, Gol, etc) are zergers. This makes me laugh, if only you knew the effort we make to run 1fg..... The past week we are constantly zerged by TD,Vgn. I don't understand how so many, even Albs can be such forum sheep. I mean all of you that post have beaten our silly Fg, i can't see why u come here and blatantly lie :(

What made me laugh was 1 night, when we spent 1hour making our efficient FG, we leave atk and bang Garbo n crew are b/w atk and Amg. So we mezz em, then the alb zerg arrive. Next thing I know is, Garbo is whining on IRC that he leaves emain when GOL zergers come out.

U C what i mean ? start using your own brain and not others.

The irony is, Garbo likes nothing more than an Alb zerg to farm at amg, thats why they set camp there. But then 2 invaders come along, and suddenly the whole Community are calling GOL a zerg guild.

whatever I say on IRC when I am pissed off: ignore it. 5 mins later I don't care about it anymore it's just in the heat of the moment that I say things that I shouldn't say and definitely wouldn't say IRL.

Anyway fg fights and zerg fights are both part of the game and whatever you prefer it comes down to this: challenge = fun. It's not fun for a high RR group to kill a group of lowbies neither is it fun for the receiving end. It's not fun for a zerg to kill a single group and it's not fun for that very group to be killed by the zerg. 2fg of casual players will usually put up a nice fight against a good guild group and both parties will probably enjoy it. Epic battles with both or even three sides having similar numbers is challenging and hence fun.
The problem is that epic battles are in 90% of the cases won merely by superior numbers as it is very very hard to get the same amount of people to meet at the same time. This is one reason why many people prefer fg fights as you have a much bigger chance of an equal fight.

I know GoL runs as 1fg most of the time but as you have some "celebrities" in the guild (Outlaw, Zoyster, Herbal, etc) you will usually get picked out when you happen to be in a zerg (also by me I have to admit). And Zoyster you do the exact same thing: in another post of yours in this thread you claim VGN and DH zerged you 2 days ago. The ONLY DH that was RvRing the last couple of days was Sheph. So you see Sheph somewhere and it's a DH group. Someone sees a GoL member and it is labeled a GoL zerg...

I was not among the doomsayers who crucified ToA before it went live; quite the opposite: i was looking forward to it. It's the same with New Frontiers. Many of the hardcore RvR people are already moaning about it that it will be just one giant zergfest. I don't know - might be true or might be wrong. I do, however, look forward to it and I think the keep battles will be fun again. There is only one big problem I see that has not been mentioned throughout the whole thread: Realm Population. If NF is keeping up to its promises (only large battles) then the game could be getting very very boring for underpopulated realms. I expect many hibs to quit in NF if RvR turns out what NF promises to be: superior numbers win.
I think realm population will be a very big issue in NF but actually it already is. If the server wouldn't crash on every RR attempt do you think hibs would still have any relics? Of course not. It would be impossible to do anything with only half the people compared to the biggest realm on this server. And I can imagine this issue will get much worse with NF and yet I haven't seen Mythic addressing that very problem.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Garbannoch, I gotta agree on pretty everything there =)

But then again balancing realm is gonna be hard. There will always be solo/fg fight so you cannot take way of giving one realm more hits etc (like in that sci-fi game, I forgot the name). Maybe making underpopulated realm lvl faster would be a nice idea and make their keepguards stronger, whatever =) Mythic never suceeded in balancing this game, so we gotta live with it as we get it =)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Garbannoch said:
There is only one big problem I see that has not been mentioned throughout the whole thread: Realm Population. If NF is keeping up to its promises (only large battles) then the game could be getting very very boring for underpopulated realms. I expect many hibs to quit in NF if RvR turns out what NF promises to be: superior numbers win.

I always though that insta CC and a baseline stun made up for numbers.

Garbannoch said:
I think realm population will be a very big issue in NF but actually it already is. If the server wouldn't crash on every RR attempt do you think hibs would still have any relics? Of course not. It would be impossible to do anything with only half the people compared to the biggest realm on this server. And I can imagine this issue will get much worse with NF and yet I haven't seen Mythic addressing that very problem.

I think albion has inferior grouping options than the two other realms due to the fact that you need more classes to have all the important abilities in your group.

According to me there is a strange form of realm ballancing being done by keeping albion the inferior realm when it comes to group-making opportunities.

I always get the impression that equal rr alb groups are at a disadvantage compared to their mid/hib counterparts.

If i look at duskwave or doac-stats i see that even with the large diff in players per realm, each realm gets more or less the same weakly rp...

According to me, the overal realm vs realm is balanced... even if 1 vs 1 or fg vs fg is not.

If hibernia is the realm of the uber casters and midgard is the realm of the uber fighters, albion is the realm of the uber numbers. Not entirely, but you get the idea.

Explain me Garbannoch, eldritch, comparable to my ice wizzard in function, what chance i have against you if i don`t resist your stun ? you doing /lastattacker, /face, /qcast stun, /debuff, /dd, /dd, wins hands down from me even if i get the first dd of... Even VP and Moc won`t save me, and before i get a spell of after purging, i am dead anyway. Balance ?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
Elds dont get debuffs muy, and garb isnt an eld ;)

2 x wrong

eld gets str/con debuff which is effectively a free nuke (takes max hp off etc), and garb is an eld .

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Chilly said:
Elds dont get debuffs muy, and garb isnt an eld ;)

fire debuff or str/con debuff, still means i am going down in 3 nukes max, probably 2.

Chilly ... <sigh> ... pawned

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
what i object to is 2fg of players who are capable of winning as 1fg. but don't want to take the chance they may lose.

I agree with Konah!!!!

I must be tired :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom