To Sar

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Damini

Throd.... those biscuit rights can be quickly revoked. You know full well what it means. Naughty puppy.

And different people for different games Throd. Anyway, I think the general consensus of opinion is no more arguing, and lots more of Skalds Surprise. Plenty to go round.

T

throdgrain

No more arguing. But no more pony foaming ale threads please :)

D

Damini

*Damini hastily slaps the laaaarge foaming ale out of Hufner's hands*

Damnit man, are you insane? This is him sober ! Do you really wish to chance him drunk???

O

old.stroke

Hehe, Jup, you misunderstood me. I was refering to a post by Sar. It happened to be in the Technical forum though. Discussing scouts and stealth.

T

throdgrain

it would be impossible to reply to that without swearing :rolleyes:

S

SFXman

Originally posted by throdgrain
Well said Damini. Poor old Barrysworld gets bought out by big business, the next thing you know you got hundreds of saddo rpg ppl here. Is it cos they pay per month to play I wonder? Of course it is.
Sar is an excellent bloke, certainly not the anti-christ.
Hell thats me, or so it seems.
/oo a whole post without swearing, how did I do it ?
Saddo RPG people aye, how exactly does playing RPG's make you sad. Looking at the state of some FPS games and their constant cheating I would say they are the saddos here. But then again I play all types of games, and I also have a life. How do I do it you ask, well it's easy. I just do whatever I feel like whenever.
Just because we pay monthly fees means we somehow take control here.... umm I don't think so. We just chose to pay for a game that has a hell of a lot more depth to it than for example, oh let me see... FPS.
Don't get me wrong now I like FPS games a lot but got tired of some because of the pathetic hacks and Punkbuster type programs being unable to stop them.

BTW, bloody is not a swear word. It comes from, "by our lady".

T

Trem

My suggestion is to go through all the threads, see which of us offend you, and put us on ignore.I take it i can swear seeing as this is in the general forum?

D

Damini

I think the idea Trems is that you naughty foul mouthed heathens (fluffle) put on your sunday best and make the refugess feel at home.

Or I'll set Samm on you :)

S

SFXman

Refugees, hehe.... indeed. But then again we might grow into this whole community and become locals :p

T

Trem

Originally posted by Damini
I think the idea Trems is that you naughty foul mouthed heathens (fluffle) put on your sunday best and make the refugess feel at home.

Or I'll set Samm on you :)
Please don't tell, i'll be good, honest *shudder*

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Tremor
Please don't tell, i'll be good, honest *shudder*
Heeeyyy, this must be some inside BW thing, but... Samm? :D

T

Trem

Originally posted by SFXman
Heeeyyy, this must be some inside BW thing, but... Samm? :D
She's my swears-like-a-trooper girlfriend matey, but yes she does wear the trousers, apart from when it comes to d.i.y, for i am the d.i.y king:D

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Tremor
She's my swears-like-a-trooper girlfriend matey, but yes she does wear the trousers, apart from when it comes to d.i.y, for i am the d.i.y king:D
lol, thanks for the info :D

S

Sar

ROFL

Go to bed for 10 hours and the Mary Whitehouse brigade pop out ;)

Seriously, if anyone was offended by my piss take of a post (or two) then I apologise.

Now, anybody read their Daily Mails today? I'm only up.

:p

(Told ya I'd fit that in there somewhere D :D)

D

Damini

And I told you to stop wearing your mischevous pants, and to leave my choice of paper alone, fiend boy :)

*Damini scuttles back to console her Daily Mail*

S

Sar

Mischievious pants.

Something rather kinky about that Damini.

I LIKE IT!

;)

T

Trebz

I read the Daily Mail, its one of the few papers that constantly dig at Tony Blair and the labourites. For that I am grateful.

D

Damini

I read the Daily Mail too. My arms aren't long enough for the broad sheets :(

O

old.stroke

I read my mail daily, but it rarely is that frequent anyway.

S

Sar

The Sun does that as well, but only when they want to whip up the gullible buggers that read it into a frenzy and start a national "outcry" against something otherwise completely trivial.

Like the price of stamps or something...

D

Damini

Originally posted by stroke
I read my mail daily, but it rarely is that frequent anyway.

I think you've just given me a nose bleed....

W

Wij

Originally posted by Sar
The Sun does that as well, but only when they want to whip up the gullible buggers that read it into a frenzy and start a national "outcry" against something otherwise completely trivial.

Like the price of stamps or something...

I don't know. Last big Sun frenzy (apart from Sven and Ulrika) was Jean-Marie Le Pen in France. Fair stuff imo.

W

WPKenny

Heh. This thread has given me a very enjoyable "post-lunch" read.

I've been playing RPG's for over two years now and I know full well that the RPG community can be a right bunch of uptight tw....

Anyway, as the regulars here have shown, we straddle (oo-er) the line of both FPS gamer and RPG'er and as such we are a little more tolerant than your average RPG'er.

I can understand people getting offended by offensive comments or racism or whatever but Sar clearly stated that he was cracking a joke.

Lighten up.

This ISN'T a kiddies forum. There's been many threads where people reluctantly reveal their age and it seems the average age of forums users is in the over 25's range.

S**t is an acceptible word in a PG rated film. F**k is acceptible in a 12 rated film. People complaining that we should be protecting our children are deluding themselves and wrapping themselves in cotton wool. I've heard 6 year olds swear and they have had very sensible parents.

Pre-watershed programs like Eastenders use language such as Bitch, slag, etc etc.

Sar made a mis-judged joke. Give him a break. You can't come into someone elses community and start telling them how to run things.

You guys are more than welcome here but please don't live in cloud cookoo land thinking things are wrapped in candy floss.

These forums are of a more adult nature. While we understand that RPG'ers are of a more "reserved" nature, you must also accept the fact that we are of a different nature and it is our community that you are joining, not the other way round.

We have in no way slagged you guys off for being RPG'er, hell knows there's plenty of people willing to do it, just pop over to the main "General" forum and see what it's like over there.

We can all get along if we do what must be done.....compromise.

/edited cos I couldn't spell compra...compri...whatever..

O

old.stroke

I had decided not to post in this thread again, but i just had to :p
I still don't see what this has to do with if you're an rpger or not. I've played FPS games since wolfenstein and online games since quake (CTF/TF) and now most recently CS.
And it's not some word that i got annoyed about, but the very reply Jupitus got in here, but Sar has apologized for that, so i'm pretty content right now.
But please, don't generalize, that's one of the things i hate most. This isn't supposed to be a We vs Them. We're all individuals (some more than others).
Now, i don't want to post in here anymore, hope i don't have to.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by WPKenny
Heh. This thread has given me a very enjoyable "post-lunch" read.

I've been playing RPG's for over two years now and I know full well that the RPG community can be a right bunch of uptight tw....

Anyway, as the regulars here have shown, we straddle (oo-er) the line of both FPS gamer and RPG'er and as such we are a little more tolerant than your average RPG'er.

I can understand people getting offended by offensive comments or racism or whatever but Sar clearly stated that he was cracking a joke.

Lighten up.

This ISN'T a kiddies forum. There's been many threads where people reluctantly reveal their age and it seems the average age of forums users is in the over 25's range.

S**t is an acceptible word in a PG rated film. F**k is acceptible in a 12 rated film. People complaining that we should be protecting our children are deluding themselves and wrapping themselves in cotton wool. I've heard 6 year olds swear and they have had very sensible parents.

Pre-watershed programs like Eastenders use language such as Bitch, slag, etc etc.

Sar made a mis-judged joke. Give him a break. You can't come into someone elses community and start telling them how to run things.

You guys are more than welcome here but please don't live in cloud cookoo land thinking things are wrapped in candy floss.

These forums are of a more adult nature. While we understand that RPG'ers are of a more "reserved" nature, you must also accept the fact that we are of a different nature and it is our community that you are joining, not the other way round.

We have in no way slagged you guys off for being RPG'er, hell knows there's plenty of people willing to do it, just pop over to the main "General" forum and see what it's like over there.

We can all get along if we do what must be done.....compromise.

/edited cos I couldn't spell compra...compri...whatever..
Good post I must say, brings out the fact that there shouldn't most certainly not be such a great fuss over such an incident... alright it could be pointed out but making it this long of a thread, weeee....
The movie rating part was quite interesting actually. If the F word is tolerated in PG 12 films and DAoC is 11+... that means that, oh well anyway I suppose the language should be toned down anyways since some are insulted or disgusted by it.

PS: Damn I was laughing at your title! It is hilarious :D

T

Trem

Heheheheheh kenny/damini ninja piccy, nice one guys, if i had children they may go out and kill someone with a wooden spoon now though, pffffffff did you ever think of the children when you did that?:p

D

Damini

Oh good god... My credibility!! Nooooo!!

*Damini suddenly finds somewhere else to be*

Cheers Trem darling. Was there possibly Any Other Place you could have bought this up? Heh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom