To ppl Whining about adding on their so called duels

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Adding is the same thing as killing grey cons. It´s a personal decision. Some people do it, some don´t, that´s about it.

If you´re getting added during a 1v1, get over it. Just don´t tell other people what to do and what not.
If you´re adding for Arthur and Albion, do it. Just don´t tell other people what to do and what not.
I`m not gonna ask anyone for persmission before I`m shooting an arrow at a Mid/Hib in a RvR zone and I´m not gonna ask for permission before I´m not shooting an arrow at a Mid/Hib either.
Whatever side you´re standing at, don´t make a philosophy out of your POV... it´s not like RvR is some sort of Zen.

snopy

Fledgling Freddie
i let some albs die last night and killed a grey hib

am i bad ??:p

Marc

FH is my second home
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Adding is the same thing as killing grey cons. It´s a personal decision. Some people do it, some don´t, that´s about it.

If you´re getting added during a 1v1, get over it. Just don´t tell other people what to do and what not.
If you´re adding for Arthur and Albion, do it. Just don´t tell other people what to do and what not.
I`m not gonna ask anyone for persmission before I`m shooting an arrow at a Mid/Hib in a RvR zone and I´m not gonna ask for permission before I´m not shooting an arrow at a Mid/Hib either.
Whatever side you´re standing at, don´t make a philosophy out of your POV... it´s not like RvR is some sort of Zen.

all very well in theory, but those wanting to add and ruin the minorities fun outweigh them by 1000000:1

The people who dont want adds, have no say in the matter do they? Its the adders that make the choice

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
DAOC is about LARGE SCALE WARFARE...
You seem to be struggling with the concept of what large scale warfare actually means. It doesn't just mean huge pitched battles with hundreds of combatants on either side. Large scale doesn't just refer to numbers. It also refers to time and distance. Individual duels and small skirmishes are as much a part of large scale warfare as 'zerg' battles and keep sieges.

Ambushing/assassinating a leader on their way to a battle, duels between opposing champions and small raiding parties operating behind enemy lines are all tactics that have historically been used as part of large scale warfare.

Saying that DAoC is about large scale warfare does not dictate that people have to zerg or are not allowed to have 1 vs 1 duels.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
all very well in theory, but those wanting to add and ruin the minorities fun outweigh them by 1000000:1

The people who dont want adds, have no say in the matter do they? Its the adders that make the choice

Yes, just like it´s the grey-con-killers choice to spoil the fun for the grey con. Or the 1fg´s choice to spoil the fun for the soloer. I´m not saying it´s fair, but that´s how it is, we are playing in the same zones and it is possible for everyone to add anytime if that is his wish. It´s like 2 people joining a Q3 deathmatch, trying to gauntlet-duel each other, expecting the other players to ignore them. Could happen, but many people don´t give a damn. :)
People can be grateful when other people are respecting their 1v1, but they can´t expect it.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:
You seem to be struggling with the concept of what large scale warfare actually means. It doesn't just mean huge pitched battles with hundreds of combatants on either side. Large scale doesn't just refer to numbers. It also refers to time and distance. Individual duels and small skirmishes are as much a part of large scale warfare as 'zerg' battles and keep sieges.

Ambushing/assassinating a leader on their way to a battle, duels between opposing champions and small raiding parties operating behind enemy lines are all tactics that have historically been used as part of large scale warfare.

Saying that DAoC is about large scale warfare does not dictate that people have to zerg or are not allowed to have 1 vs 1 duels.

He's right - actually created my infil with that role in mind. She was to be a skirmisher operating on the edges of battles - hitting fast and getting out.

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Arr well i remember when FC was fighting some mids in hibland, and we drowe by, we had a huge disscusion about to add or not cuz we had been zerged like a million times, anyway turned out we ran in and killed Aussie cuz he is such a whiny bitch :) that was pure class imo :)

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
yeah, cause they sadistically sat there watching while someone got torn to pieces.

Reminds me of a documentary i once saw on telle...subway in NY, where a woman got raped in the middle of the alley while all bypassers just looked and moved on....

haha, stop crying for nalbs to add you little biatch - they do it enough already.

Talking about a women (you) getting raped.... I guess when you RvR it ends like it does for the lady in this movie :p

http://www.imdb.com/find?q=irreversible;tt=on;nm=on;mx=20

raid

Can't get enough of FH
aww a scout didn't get realmpoints this time, how sad indeed :(

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:

Don't think many who add do it to ruin other people's fun (though there will always be a few tossers who do) - more a case of they come across a fight and wade in. That's why I can't get worked up over whether people add or not. Of course there will always be some tossers who add knowing that they will ruin a good fight, but then there are tossers in both the "Though Shallt Add" and the "Thou Shallt Not Add" camps anyway.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Man im so glad im not in the same realm as this twat Ironheart anymore.. King Of Barrows etc!! boy who never gives eb's etc.

You give scouts a bad name, ur amongst the worst of them, ur the typical crap scout who camps towers or just zergs.

Some people want to have duel's were its 1v1 or 8v8 without having it ruined by wankers like urself. If 16 people want to play that way during that fight why do u think its right that u add on thefight and ruin it. Some people would rather die in battle to them rather than win because some prick like urself is shooting the enemy's support. Honour and Chivalry were in the Darkages also, were men would fight 1 on 1 in a duel, Without adds!!!!, boy's like urself obviously have no recognition or respect for this.

Often a little rivalry comes between people in opposing realms, were they wish to fight a 1 on 1 fight, these are often arranged via irc were u plan to meet in a certain place, i think its a little unfair and lame if u start shooting the person, tbh knowin u thought uld delibrately go out of ur way to add on a fight as we all know what a unpleasent prick u are.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:
Large scale doesn't just refer to numbers. It also refers to time and distance. Individual duels and small skirmishes are as much a part of large scale warfare as 'zerg' battles and keep sieges.

Word up :clap:

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Well, most stuff was already said. It's less a problem for stealthers, but let's say you're a visible and want to solo. Then you kinda habe to build up a certain base of respect from other realms, so that not every fg who passes by steamrolls you. First example that comes to my mind is Anyu. I wouldn't add/steamroll Anyu if I saw him running solo, simply cause I think it's unfair that having no stealth exposes you that much. So on the other hand if I'm solo, I'm not gonna add on other fights, cause I'd like to have the same for me, as simple as that.

Sure it's different for a group, cause then you're only 1 of 8 personst who decides what to do (no, not playing groupleader(bard) anymore), especially hard as backup class =))

Dalmar-Hume

Fledgling Freddie
so have i got it right thinking that you FG vs FG players are perfectly ok with killing solo players when they stand no chance against you (and therfore making them enjoy the game less) but you dont want solo player to add on your fights (therfore making you enjoy the game less)

that about right?

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Dalmar-Hume said:
so have i got it right thinking that you FG vs FG players are perfectly ok with killing solo players when they stand no chance against you (and therfore making them enjoy the game less) but you dont want solo player to add on your fights (therfore making you enjoy the game less)

that about right?

Oh no not this famous question again, I think the colors are starting to fade from too much wear, wash and wear again Zzz.

The day you earn a set groups respect is the day they'll leave you alone.

PS. And this crappy mouse at work is driving me bloody nuts grrrr stick stick, go to left side of the damn screen gaah. <stress>

Thorwyn

FH is my second home

Too bad that 99,99% of the groups out there aren´t set groups and won´t hesitate killing you even if you´re the pope himself, saying "if we don´t kill him, he´s gonna add later".

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Dalmar-Hume said:

that about right?

if a solo stealther gets ganked by a FG, its because he added on the FG, how would the FG see him otherwise? and yesyes very rarely a fg passes a stealthed stealther close enough to see him etc

when it comes to non-stealthers, especially tanks, personally i'd happily leave them but some of the rp horny vaktens usually want to gank everything :(

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:

That works both ways. In an ideal world fgs would leave "honourable" soloers alone while soloers would leave "honourable" fgs alone - in reality though it doesn't happen, unless someone is in a charitable mood ;)

Teheron

Fledgling Freddie
raid said:
if a solo stealther gets ganked by a FG, its because he added on the FG, how would the FG see him otherwise? and yesyes very rarely a fg passes a stealthed stealther close enough to see him etc

when it comes to non-stealthers, especially tanks, personally i'd happily leave them but some of the rp horny vaktens usually want to gank everything :(

ehh how about fg adding on 1 stealther fighting another stealther? or does that never happen?

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Bracken said:
That works both ways. In an ideal world fgs would leave "honourable" soloers alone while soloers would leave "honourable" fgs alone - in reality though it doesn't happen, unless someone is in a charitable mood ;)

Once at band camp, a fg zephyred my grey to them Yujie mincer and the casters wacked me a few times with their staffs, I was <cwy> but they left me, was so cool. :p

Dalmar-Hume

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
Oh no not this famous question again, I think the colors are starting to fade from too much wear, wash and wear again Zzz.

PS. And this crappy mouse at work is driving me bloody nuts grrrr stick stick, go to left side of the damn screen gaah. <stress>

1) well it works both way - the set group needs to earn the respect of the soloer and perhaps then they wont add :)

2) i have the same problem and it appears the excuse of "my mouse dont work properly when browsing the net can i have a new optical one" just doesnt stick when you have no useful need of the net :)

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Teheron said:
ehh how about fg adding on 1 stealther fighting another stealther? or does that never happen?

Ofc it happens and most FGs enjoy the revenge :D

However if you see the post I quoted originally, I understood it as ganking solo players, not "adding on 1v1 fights" or whatever... I may very well be wrong or twisting the words but thats what I thought when replying anyway

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Dalmar-Hume said:
1) well it works both way - the set group needs to earn the respect of the soloer and perhaps then they wont add :)

2) i have the same problem and it appears the excuse of "my mouse dont work properly when browsing the net can i have a new optical one" just doesnt stick when you have no useful need of the net :)

My point was you won't earn their respect, maybe under rare conditions :p

Erh, FH is usefull for work, boosts morale! at least my excuse, think they'll notice if I swap a crappy one for a new dell one in stores? ;o

Dalmar-Hume

Fledgling Freddie
raid said:
Ofc it happens and most FGs enjoy the revenge :D

However if you see the post I quoted originally, I understood it as ganking solo players, not "adding on 1v1 fights" or whatever... I may very well be wrong or twisting the words but thats what I thought when replying anyway
so why complain at a soloer thats obviously haing a bit of revenge at FGs - obviously this mentality just contnues to go round in circles so its a pretty pointless discussion really

fact remains that once you enter a rvr zone you are fair game to anyone and everyone regardless of the fact you only want 1vs1 or 8vs8 (or in most SBs cases 2vs1 - sorry couldnt resist :) and its not really needed)
complaining and whinging at people for adding on your fights doesnt change the fact that it happens and will continue to happen until the game stops running

elbeek

Part of the furniture
LOL, been out all day, feeling a tad grumpy and then I see that Ironturd has been at it again .:)

Pure comedy from Albions only true roleplaying pillock. Whats up farty, you finding your mums pants a bit too tight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom