To albs, hibs and mids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
About buffbots, an idea that was floating around at some point was to make areas around keeps and other 'safe' points special so that buffs gray out if the buffer is in such an area and buffed person is not. You would then be forced to either stay in the 'safe' area with the buffer, lose buffs (until the buffer moves out of the safe area), or move the buffer out of the 'safe' zone. No more unkillable buffbots and no range on buffs still.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
sitting Scout

So you deliberately mislead people into thinking sb's pa for that much dmg in sig , whilst whining about needed a boost in your posts ?

thats like begging for money whilst dressed in a £1000 suit

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Ormorof said:
though with Dual Weild you dont get a penalty when using an offhand weapon, with LA you do (i think it only does 80% damage or something if not maxed)

actually it works like this (simplified)

When you equip an offhand weapon as a shadowblade your mainhand AND offhand damage is lowered to aprox 62,5%. Every point you put in left axe raises the percent thus making u hit harder both with mainhand and offhand. It was posted earlier on vnboards that if you specc 50la RR10 and DR5 only then will you hit for 100%.

Additional note. Shadowblades offhand hitrate is based on Left Axe specc! Not based weapon specc as dual wield and celtic dual is.

So shadowblades are punished 2 times for speccing low left axe. 1: lower damage in both mainhand and offhand 2: lower left axe weaponskill making damage rate wander away.

This is the problems shadowblades are facing when trying to figure out new speccs.

A infil or a nightshade can specc low DW/CD and still hit 100% on mainhand and offhand thus making it easier for them to put "leftover" pts in that skilltree.

Sobek said:
Perhaps you should wake up? all assassins has the same damage table, so a Shadowblade with 50 Sword, would have the same dps/ws as a Infiltrator with 50 Slash.

And which tools does infils have which Shadowblades dont? Duel wield, which has 70% ish chance of hitting with 50 spec? where Left Axe is 100% hit.

Reason Shadowblades doesnt hit as hard as a infiltartor, is Spec AF, should try read some tests on vn perhaps? infils goes down just as fast as an SB without spec af.

Wrong. Left axe is 100% swing!, not hit. hit rate with left axe is explained above

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Shadowblades offhand hitrate is based on Left Axe specc! Not based weapon specc as dual wield and celtic dual is.

Offhand hitrate for Dual Wield is based on your spec in...Dual Wield.

Additional note for discussions comparing Infiltrator and Shadowblade damage:
A log with nice Shadowblade damage is *ALWAYS* a crit on a drunk, sitting target wearing epic armour.
A log with nice Infiltrator damage is *NEVER* a crit, and is usually performed with all kinds of negative damage, like thrust on a brick wall and the likes.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Derric said:

nope offhand swing rate is based on dual wield specc. not hitrate. = Your swing is based on DW skill but if u hit or miss and your damage variance on that swing is based on your weapon specc. Shall see if I can dig up the old dual wield FAQ

Edit: Found one of the old FAQ´s and here is a section of it.

"How does Left Axe work?

Left Axe is the dual wield skill for Midgard. It has peculiarities that are important to know about as you spend skill points.

When you wield two weapons with Left Axe, the left-hand weapon must be an axe, hence the name of the skill. You will swing both your primary and left-hand weapon each round, potentially hitting twice.

But, you don’t do full damage with each of these swings. When you wield two weapons, your primary weapon damage is less than if you wielded a weapon and a shield. It starts at a base of 60% normal damage, and increases by 0.5% with each train in left axe. Left axe skill also determines the damage done by your left-hand weapon.

So, if you are a level 50 character and put just 10 levels into left axe, you will find yourself doing just 65% of normal damage with your primary hand, and trying to make up for that with a left-hand weapon that is specced at just level 10. Not good. You will want at least 35, preferably 30 or more levels in left axe by the time you are level 50. "

"Q: Does Dual wield affect how much damage I do?
A: Yes and no. It does NOT impact your damage variance like slash/thrust will (Dual wield never raises your Weaponskill), but it does impact how often you will swing BOTH weapons, so higher DW means higher damage over time.

Q: What exactly do points into DW give me?
A: They unlock styles as you raise it higher, much like Slash/Thrust (as of the time of this writing though, the DW styles are inferior to the garrote/achilles heel combo of CS, and also to many styles availible in slash/thrust). Additionally, it increases the chance that you will swing BOTH weapons. Here is the generally-accepted formula:

[25% + (Dual Wield Skill x .5)% + (Character Level x .25%)]

So figure a level 40 Infiltrator with 10 points in Dual Wield will have a 40% chance to swing with both weapons (25% + 5% + 10%).

Q: Is it worth it to raise DW?
A: That's your call. You can have a halfway decent chance to swing both weapons at level 50, even if you never raise DW (around 37%). But keep this in mind: using styles forces your main hand weapon to swing, so if you are styling through the whole fight, your offhand poison may not land with a poor %chance to dual wield. On normal, unstyled hits, you have a 50% chance of using one or the other. DW is (arguably) one of the lesser important skills we have, but many high-level Infiltrators put spare points into it. "

Will try and find the specific FAQ I am looking for

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
I don't care if hitrate is dependant on ws if I swing once every blue moon, my point..less DW=less swings=less damage. :(

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:

Additional note for discussions comparing Infiltrator and Shadowblade damage:
A log with nice Shadowblade damage is *ALWAYS* a crit on a drunk, sitting target wearing epic armour.
A log with nice Infiltrator damage is *NEVER* a crit, and is usually performed with all kinds of negative damage, like thrust on a brick wall and the likes.

feel free to post a log that shows a SB dealing consistently more damage than an infil. But for some reason everyone happily ignores this request.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
feel free to post a log that shows a SB dealing consistently more damage than an infil. But for some reason everyone happily ignores this request.

rr10 critblade that hits usually dose good dmg :<

Sapios

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
would be interested to see how he get's all those caps while using Legendary Weapons, since +melee/style is only on Torso, Gloves and Weapons.
Quite sure that Arraudry got it capped, but you don't want to know what she hits for.

How about you post your template Sapios ?

Config Report

Stats

Str: 77 Int: 0 Hits: 240
Con: 72 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 77 Cha: 0
Qui: 74 Emp: 0

Resists

Body: 28 Energy: 23 Crush: 28
Cold: 25 Matter: 22 Thrust: 29 (3)
Heat: 32 (5) Spirit: 19 Slash: 27 (2)

Skills

11 Thrust

11 Stealth

11 Critical Strike

11 Dual Wield

3 Envenom

Focus

Cap Increases

40 Hits

Other Bonuses

4 Melee Damage Bonus

5 Fatigue

10 AF Bonus

9 Melee Speed Bonus

8 Style Damage Bonus

Piece Listing

Chest
Name: Golden Scarab Vest
Level: 51 Quality: 100
AF: 102 Bonus:
Effect 1: 15 Dexterity
Effect 2: 6 Crush Resist
Effect 3: 6 Slash Resist
Effect 4: 6 Thrust Resist
Effect 5: 4 Melee Damage Bonus
Effect 6: 4 Style Damage Bonus
Effect 7: Empty
Effect 8: Empty
Effect 9: Empty
Effect 10: Empty
Utility: 46.00

Arms
Imbue Points: 37.5 of 32 (100 Qual) Overcharge: 38%
Gem 1: 60 Hits - 99 precious Blood Essence
Gem 2: 4 Critical Strike - 99 flawed Heated Battle Jewel
Gem 3: 4 Dual Wield - 99 flawed Icy War Sigil
Gem 4: 22 Constitution - 99 precious Earthen Essence
Utility: 69.67

Head
Gem 1: 3 Thrust - 99 rough Dusty War Sigil
Gem 2: 5 Stealth - 99 imperfect Airy Battle Jewel
Gem 3: 3 Dual Wield - 99 rough Icy War Sigil
Gem 4: 22 Constitution - 99 precious Earthen Essence

Legs
Gem 1: 4 Dual Wield - 99 flawed Icy War Sigil
Gem 2: 22 Quickness - 99 precious Airy Essence
Gem 3: 16 Constitution - 99 polished Earthen Essence
Gem 4: 68 Hits - 99 flawless Blood Essence
Utility: 62.33

Hands
Gem 1: 68 Hits - 99 flawless Blood Essence
Gem 2: 25 Quickness - 99 flawless Airy Essence
Gem 3: 7 Cold Resist - 99 imperfect Icy Shielding
Gem 4: 7 Energy Resist - 99 imperfect Light Shielding
Utility: 61.67

Feet
Gem 1: 4 Thrust - 99 flawed Dusty War Sigil
Gem 2: 3 Thrust Resist - 99 rough Airy Shielding
Gem 3: 9 Heat Resist - 99 polished Heated Shielding
Gem 4: 11 Energy Resist - 99 faceted Light Shielding
Utility: 66.00

Right Hand
Name: Golen Spear
DPS: 16.5 Bonus:
Effect 1: 4 Melee Speed Bonus
Effect 2: 12 Strength
Effect 3: 12 Dexterity
Effect 4: 7 Slash Resist
Effect 5: 7 Thrust Resist
Effect 6: 7 Crush Resist
Effect 7: 4 Style Damage Bonus
Utility: 58.00

Left Hand
Name: Azure Eviscerator
Level: 51 Quality: 94
DPS: Bonus:
Effect 1: 3 Stealth
Effect 2: 4 Critical Strike
Effect 3: 4 Thrust
Effect 4: 22 Strength
Effect 5: Empty
Effect 6: Empty

Two Handed
Name: Heat LW
Level: 51 Quality: 94
DPS: Bonus:
Effect 1: 28 Constitution
Effect 2: 8 Heat Resist
Effect 3: 8 Cold Resist
Effect 4: Empty
Utility: 50.67

Ranged
Imbue Points: 0.0 of 10 (94 Qual) Overcharge: None
Gem 1: Empty -
Gem 2: Empty -
Gem 3: Empty -
Gem 4: Empty -
Utility: 0.00

Neck
Name: Ancient Copper Necklace
Bonus:
Effect 1: 10 Body Resist
Effect 2: 10 Thrust Resist
Effect 3: 10 Spirit Resist
Effect 4: 10 Crush Resist
Utility: 80.00

Cloak
Name: Shades of Mist
Bonus:
Effect 1: 3 Stealth
Effect 2: 15 Strength
Effect 3: 15 Quickness
Effect 4: 10 AF Bonus
Effect 5: 5 Melee Speed Bonus
Utility: 35.00

Jewel
Name: Harpy Feather Gem
Level: 51 Quality:
Bonus:
Effect 1: 6 Heat Resist
Effect 2: 6 Cold Resist
Effect 3: 6 Matter Resist
Effect 4: 6 Body Resist
Effect 5: 44 Hits
Utility: 59.00

Belt
Name: Belt of the Sun
Bonus:
Effect 1: 40 Hits Cap Increase
Effect 2: 5 Fatigue
Effect 3: 10 Strength
Effect 4: 10 Dexterity
Effect 5: 5 Energy Resist
Effect 6: 5 Spirit Resist
Effect 7: 5 Crush Resist
Utility: 43.33

Right Ring
Name: Cenalon's Ring of Speed
Bonus:
Effect 1: 25 Dexterity
Effect 2: 4 Matter Resist
Effect 3: 12 Constitution
Effect 4: 4 Spirit Resist
Effect 5: 12 Quickness
Utility: 48.67

Left Ring
Name: Ring of Shades
Bonus:
Effect 1: 15 Dexterity
Effect 2: 3 Critical Strike
Effect 3: 18 Strength
Effect 4: 3 Envenom
Utility: 52.00

Right Wrist
Name: Ebon Hide Bracer
Bonus:
Effect 1: 6 Body Resist
Effect 2: 6 Matter Resist
Effect 3: 6 Heat Resist
Effect 4: 6 Slash Resist
Effect 5: 6 Cold Resist
Utility: 60.00

Left Wrist
Name: Ebon Hide Bracer
Bonus:
Effect 1: 6 Body Resist
Effect 2: 6 Matter Resist
Effect 3: 6 Heat Resist
Effect 4: 6 Slash Resist
Effect 5: 6 Cold Resist
Utility: 60.00

Spec: 31 stealth 28 venom 50 thrust 33 DW 44 crit (20 bonus points)
RAs: Aug str3 dex2 qui2 con1
mop4 dr2 moa3 toughness1 dodger 1
purge

Sapios

Fledgling Freddie
jamiesmallicus said:
lo m8 dont think ever met u not grouped m8..
so strange post...

lo m8!
next time i will see you i will just pop and solo your fg so that u see me :fluffle:

RoxstarBD

Fledgling Freddie
to solve problem=just delete your stealthers

Sapios said:
Less stealthzerg pls

i returned to the field after roughtly a year off to find after a weeks rvr only 5-6 stealthing soloers who also run in grps but maybe their mates werent on at the moment.

Just delete your stealthers and play some other class. There are many classses you can choose from. Who knows, you might even enjoy it. And yes I think also there are too many stealthers in the game atm, can destroy the game but noone seems to do anything about it.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
For some reason, I get happy while looking at Platinas avatar :(

Path

Fledgling Freddie
Should just give assasins a stun in CS line and remove the thrust/pierce/LA ones (or it could be removed from SBs only while zerks keep it); this would at least even the melee scene abit and make people spec CS (Mercfil spec is pathetic; you don't want to be an assasin, you want to be a light tank with stealth - sadly Mythic aren't about to fix this :p)

Otherwise I agree with Cylian (shock, horror); if you land PA on another assasin and follow through with the chain, that assasin should be doomed; this just goes to show how warped the whole mercfil concept it. Gimping your spec to get that damage? You're an assasin fgs, not a tank - the fact that the CS line is too weak is fairly obvious :m00:

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
When you equip an offhand weapon as a shadowblade your mainhand AND offhand damage is lowered to aprox 62,5%. Every point you put in left axe raises the percent thus making u hit harder both with mainhand and offhand. It was posted earlier on vnboards that if you specc 50la RR10 and DR5 only then will you hit for 100%.

50la + 9 (from rr10) + 11 (from items) + 25 (from DR5, my own testing not great as it was with lvl 20 char, but i came to the *possibly wrong* conclusion that DR gave +1.5% damage to both hands roughly, which is about 5 trains)

That equals 95 effective LA, which is not even 100% lol, as 100% base damage comes at something like 110.31 spec or so in order for a SB to hit at 100% base damage they also need Whirling Dervish. NOTE this also applies to DW/CD off hand swing rate, they also need 110.something to reach 100% offhand swing rate.

xxManiacxx said:
Additional note. Shadowblades offhand hitrate is based on Left Axe specc! Not based weapon specc as dual wield and celtic dual is.

So shadowblades are punished 2 times for speccing low left axe. 1: lower damage in both mainhand and offhand 2: lower left axe weaponskill making damage rate wander away.

I also tested this myself, and came to a very bad conclusion for LA users. The weaponskill problem for off-hand being calculated from Left Axe skill at low levels causing damage problems, that SO MUCH SO caused an LA user specced; (using same speed off hand as mainhand)

50Weapon
1Left Axe

Sometimes UNDERPERFORMED! A user just using a mainhand not an offhand, this is impossible with CD/DW. In fact the underperformance was sometimes great enough to offset the haste effect.

Something Im currently thinking about is LA style damage, im trying to do tests to see how LA style damage Multipliers are worked out, as in order for LA to remain on par with DW/CD its style damage must be the same regardless of the base damage penalty on la users.!

Vindsjel

Fledgling Freddie
Lets face it, all this stealth zerg started by Albion and Mid&Hib stealkth chars hanging around together is pretty much a natural effect cause by Albion.

Had a friend saying this before quitting the game: "If one day you fight at Amg/Emain, by any chance you dont get jumped by at least 3 Albion stealthers, take a screenie, for it will be one of those rarest moments in your Daoc life."

So true.

Zergion 4tw :clap:

remi

Fledgling Freddie
someone tell me if this thread is worth reading or not? cba too check it myself

blackshadow

Fledgling Freddie
Since rr3 i've been soloing all the time...

I do get owned alot yes , but i don't care. I actually find more joy in killing 4 or 5 albs solo in one run and knowing i won the fights because i made no mistakes then running around with a zerg pressing anytime styles...
And if i get zerged well too bad, i release and go again doing everything possible to avoid getting zerged again...
but atleast i don't cry....

Legohelten

Fledgling Freddie
im with the "alb stealther are too powerfull people" but i dont really care this only means they playing easy mode where mids/hips play hard mode and thus the kills we get is that more sweet. a high RR mid/hip stealther has alot more respect imo then any high rr alb stealther for the same reason. if this game was easy i'd be playing something else.

personaly i dont like stealth zergin, duo/trio is max for me and solo is quite fun too (and what i do most of the time). but thats just my opinion.

the reasons for alb stealthers being uber has been stated several times here so wont go into it.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
just quit playing mid/hib stealthers, lessens your pain :) at least worked for me ^^

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Legohelten said:
im with the "alb stealther are too powerfull people" but i dont really care this only means they playing easy mode where mids/hips play hard mode and thus the kills we get is that more sweet.

Hope you don't have a caster alt then :)

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Legohelten said:
the reasons for alb stealthers being uber has been stated several times here so wont go into it.
I think one was missed off to be honest.

They don't have idiots rolling valkyn stealthers.

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
sooooooooooo much whine here...

lets start on stealth wars.. it includes assasins and archers (albion has suport aswell, but thats suport with stealth).

Infiltraitors is bether than Shadowblades and Nightshades, but it also totaly depends on the spec/skill/RR of the ppl fighting each other.

Hunters/rangers is bether than scouts. i wont bothing going into all the reasons for this, couse you have all heard the a million times i guess (and any1 that doesnt agree that scouts are worse of than rangers/hunters are blind to owerpowerdness)

so it basicly evens oute.. Becouse the mincer is not realy a part of the "stealth war", it is a part of the albion suport (with run sped/mana reg/health reg and albative)

i totaly agrees that the mincer is owerpowerd, even withoute the stealth (withoute stealth theyr owerpowerd in PvE, but so are mentys with the right spec and a BB)

take a look at the whole realm before you complain aboute one specific class..

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Amuse said:
sooooooooooo much whine here...

lets start on stealth wars.. it includes assasins and archers (albion has suport aswell, but thats suport with stealth).

Infiltraitors is bether than Shadowblades and Nightshades, but it also totaly depends on the spec/skill/RR of the ppl fighting each other.

Hunters/rangers is bether than scouts. i wont bothing going into all the reasons for this, couse you have all heard the a million times i guess (and any1 that doesnt agree that scouts are worse of than rangers/hunters are blind to owerpowerdness)

so it basicly evens oute.. Becouse the mincer is not realy a part of the "stealth war", it is a part of the albion suport (with run sped/mana reg/health reg and albative)

i totaly agrees that the mincer is owerpowerd, even withoute the stealth (withoute stealth theyr owerpowerd in PvE, but so are mentys with the right spec and a BB)

take a look at the whole realm before you complain aboute one specific class..
Har du røykt sokkene dine? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom