To albs, hibs and mids

Status
Not open for further replies.

kermylicious

Fledgling Freddie
relics help alot too :)
i mean when mids had str relics i was owned by rr1 sb's all the time :/
( i didnt have toa stuff at that time tho )

Scunner

Fledgling Freddie
Sapios said:
I dont see why you have to play smartass

IF u read the title i put ALB stealthers first

Even if take ur opinion about albion having the most powerfull assasin as the absolute truth, doubling or trippling the numbers vs the overpowered god albion assasin in an overpopulated real will result in albion quading the numbers due to more availability

I will not get into the converation of who is the more powerfull, since i have met weaker and tougher foes, meaning a good spec and some good play will get you a good result.

So please be more constructive next time

Think your be wasting your time Sapios :( most people would whine rather than find ways around problems and that goes for all realms. Not just stealthers either.

Tbh Sapios is a bloody Good Infil too not a spam anytime style player. But then seen as so many just jump on the bandwagon without really knowing the person or the player thats to be expected i guess.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
Aye, I'm all for range on spec af / spec haste. I'm all for range on every buff. So every step is a step in the right direction.

my gosh, I agree with Ilum.. DOOOOM!!!!

oh, and it is possible to solo still btw.. dont get many kills but it is possible. Normal is to kill someone and then get ganked by the popping albs, rinse and repeat, not much else to do sadly. Oh, or u can do like we did the other day, couple of bards, 2 rangers, rest NSs and TS amg constantly. Hilarious to see how many albs there actually are camping at amg :) Nice to get some payback on occasion.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
my gosh, I agree with Ilum.. DOOOOM!!!!

the end is nigh!

tho it'd be lovely to have buffs on range.

<dreams of the good ol' days>

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
giff NSuberEra tbh.. wanna be rr4 and PWN aswell some day ! :drink:

;)

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
Aye, I'm all for range on spec af / spec haste. I'm all for range on every buff. So every step is a step in the right direction.

Range is ok, but you could get into the sitation where you are forced to move away from your buffer (chasing or fleeing) and end up losing all your buffs. Maybe if there was a timer that kicks in if you are 1) not in group as buffer and/or 2) go out of range of them.

ATM you need a BB or a m8 with one to compete in the stealth wars, but this also mean stealther can take on classes they woundn't normally be able to. People use to use BB to get the advantage but so many people do it there is no real advantage.

For non stealth group people argue that you need BB because its impossible to buff the fall group, i guess people don't realise that maybe Mythic wanted it that way. Besides if you have 2 clerics and a Frier thats 60 Buffs, 7.5 per fg member with tanks needing STR, CON, STR/CON, DEX, DEX/QUI, SHILED, SPEC SHIELD (Although it doesn't stack with Paladins Chant) and Health Regen at most thats more than enough to go around. That leaves main group only really using BB for the high Buffs and Resists (and with Enh clerics offering nothing to a group in the field that they can't do at PK the only advantage is you would save a little time re-appliying resists).

Jollz said:
This has been said time and time again why do mid/hib stealthzerg its simply because you get to amg and find 8+infl/scout/mincer's camping the BM's. You still want us to solo. I still duo untill it gets silly then I try and get a grp going to clear the gate or I just go and lvl an artifact. The other point is how can we be expected to solo when the old highest rr infl NEVER solo'ed and now the new highest rr infl NEVER solo's.. so go figure :eek7:

Well if noone does nothing then nothing happends. Doubt the alb "stealthzerg" go to bed crying they never win :|.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:
When the Shadowblades was far more evil than Infiltrators are now? :p

unless you can show me the patchnotes where Infiltrators got a damage boost, I'd say they were more balanced back then than assassins are now.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
unless you can show me the patchnotes where Infiltrators got a damage boost, I'd say they were more balanced back then than assassins are now.

I'm talking about Infiltrators with 2.0x specpoints and Shadowblades with the old LA damage, but I'm not surprised you found that balanced.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I've been running solo for the last few days. I've been killed lots by 3/4 stealthers.

TBH i dont mind being killed by 3/4 stealthers, what realy bugs me is when you are just about to win and a FG rolls over you.:( Still makes me laugh when the go through the whole mezz/stun/debuff/nuke or /assist train to kill a solo scout.:)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Balbor said:
Range is ok, but you could get into the sitation where you are forced to move away from your buffer (chasing or fleeing) and end up losing all your buffs. Maybe if there was a timer that kicks in if you are 1) not in group as buffer and/or 2) go out of range of them.

A range of 1500-2500 is more than sufficient, only a jerk would run farther away from his group than that chasing enemies.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
civy said:
I've been running solo for the last few days. I've been killed lots by 3/4 stealthers.

TBH i dont mind being killed by 3/4 stealthers, what realy bugs me is when you are just about to win and a FG rolls over you.:( Still makes me laugh when the go through the whole mezz/stun/debuff/nuke or /assist train to kill a solo scout.:)
That happened to me everytime i ran into a fg.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
i was solo yesterday and bigchief ate me :(
but I was solo! And Aldorans speed bot added ! (after you died admittedly :(). Him missing FZ was funny :p

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:

<Mythic> Say guys, what do you say we totally axe 40% of our incoming cash?

<GoA> Sure, we can use that as an excuse cut off an english server!

<Mythic> And we are american, we dont care about money!

Alas.. no :/

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Musejedi said:
<Mythic> Say guys, what do you say we totally axe 40% of our incoming cash?

<GoA> Sure, we can use that as an excuse cut off an english server!

<Mythic> And we are american, we dont care about money!

Alas.. no :/

Not by far that many people that use buffbots. And for some, its a case of playing DaoC or not. So how much cash they end up losing I don't think anyone can be sure about. Might be profitable in the long run.

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
Not by far that many people that use buffbots. And for some, its a case of playing DaoC or not. So how much cash they end up losing I don't think anyone can be sure about. Might be profitable in the long run.

Even if it was 10% they wouldnt do it.

Even if it was 5%.

Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money.

Players they have now + Thier buffbots > Players that have quit.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:
I'm talking about Infiltrators with 2.0x specpoints and Shadowblades with the old LA damage, but I'm not surprised you found that balanced.

how about v1.60 ?

btw, people whined about SZ hitting them for "400dmg" a hit (putting that in quotes since my cap was 350 on DF), that being pre-SC when about no one cared about resists and being in slash-vulnerable armor.

Now Infils hit very close to those "400dmg", against capped resists.

But I'm not surprised you find this balanced.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Cylian said:
how about v1.60 ?

btw, people whined about SZ hitting them for "400dmg" a hit (putting that in quotes since my cap was 350 on DF), that being pre-SC when about no one cared about resists and being in slash-vulnerable armor.

Now Infils hit very close to those "400dmg", against capped resists.

But I'm not surprised you find this balanced.

Erm, my merc has had capped melee resists for god knows how long and i been hit 400s mainhand off old sb's pre nerf...so that's not true, besides str relics can help and you mention he uses legendary heat weapons in the log which already gives him 10% bonus or is it 15%? never the less that gives him more of a chance to cap on you, perhaps he could have pain 4/5 even aswell.I think infs are too strong as are 5-6 more classes in daoc but doesn't mean sb's can't still do good.(you got dualist reflexes 3 too?that gives 9% more base damage or supposedly does anyway)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Cylian said:

Ehmm.. Infiltrators didnt get a damage-boost. But:

Possible
* 10% style damage
* 10% melee damage
* 10% melee haste
* 25 more STR/DEX

And last but not least for shadowblades against thrust-infils:
* Heat Legendary weapons = 15% weakness
* Mundane Thruster = 10 % resistant

That alone is a 25% difference. Add the rest and its pretty clear its ALOT more nowadays.

Shadowblades where damn more stupid back then. Hitting my friar (neutral to slash) for 400-500 mainhand and 150 offhand wasnt balanced.

I agree with Sycho tho; assassins are stupidly overpowered at the moment. Same old story; free envenom (32 + 18 = 50 envenom spec incl. new 'spells' as in access to new higher level envenoms), same goes for stealth and combine that with absurd high spec-points which for the majority go in offensive weapon-training and you understand the problem.

In order to fix assassins you need to make it so they can ONLY spec weapon up the high 30's (35-39) range, mediocre dualwielding (20-30).

Whoever thinks an infiltrator with 50 Thrust 50 Dualwield and still have enough points to be an effective stealther clearly has no idea about the game besides the stealther-world.

That might involve changing Left-Axe to same mechanics as Dualwield/Celtic Dual; so be it then.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Erm, my merc has had capped melee resists for god knows how long and i been hit 400s mainhand off old sb's pre nerf...so that's not true, besides str relics can help and you mention he uses legendary heat weapons in the log which already gives him 10% bonus or is it 15%? never the less that gives him more of a chance to cap on you, perhaps he could have pain 4/5 even aswell.I think infs are too strong as are 5-6 more classes in daoc but doesn't mean sb's can't still do good.(you got dualist reflexes 3 too?that gives 9% more base damage or supposedly does anyway)
15%.

ToA is whats done it really ..

+25% damage from change in resists (thats without a debuff). 10%thrust resistant armour is 15%heat weak.

+10%melee damage from sc

+10%style damage

Add relics and overcaps (increased weaponskill = hit higher towards cap) and you have decent rr infils hitting cap damage or close to it on sub rr5's. With a debuff do it on anyone. Alot of sb's whine about extreme infil damage (usually some high rr with fully capped sc's) yet most sb's run around in only semi decent gear (4%melee != capped fyi), shit loads still use energy weapons, very few can land an opener to save their life. Ofc youre gonna lose if a critfil PA's you :rolleyes:

and nerf puppet posting while I was writing this :p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:

said 350dmg was my cap on Doublefrost, not that 350 was the most damage that could be dealt by the style. Talking 'bout crits etc.

For the "Heat LG" bonus, since I'm using one aswell, shouldn't it even out, or is that bonus only available to albs ?
MoP4-5 ? sure, could be, but wonder if every infil got that, since the damage he dealt in that log isn't uncommon at all... and rather consistent.

Btw, I'm getting hit for way above 200dmg a hit by infils even with heat resist buffs on, without being debuffed, while I can be happy if I break 150dmg mainhand pre-debuff without a crit.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Dunno how you only cap 350 mainhand...when my pre-nerfed zerk capped 600-700s mainhand.... so was expecting a sb to be 450 or so.Seems your str is the reason for your damage though, if you get str debuffed too of course your damage is going to be shite just like mine when mids disease/str debuff me whilst hitting chain wearers, mainhand goes down by 100 damage or so.What speed weaps are you using there? you should use a slower offhand xE

Also if he's got all those ToA melee bonuses aswell as overcaps of course he's going to hit hard :E

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
A range of 1500-2500 is more than sufficient, only a jerk would run farther away from his group than that chasing enemies.

as long as it doesn't effect PvE, Apparition with full buffs is kinda cool

Haroat

Fledgling Freddie
Sapios said:
Check thread title

I can paste it to you on next reply if u still need...

tbh i thought u just put it on in alphabetical order :twak:

and i solo... my sb is rr2.. AHHH IM LOW RR I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RUN IN FG'S!!!! .... no

this morning about 10am: log into emain... guess what i get? a grp of 5 alb stealthers... 1 mincer a couple of scouts and infil's.. one of which was rr7 i think.. there was (at the time) 12 people in emain.. 3 were stealthers and none were running together.. so.. what happened then? :eek7:

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Also if he's got all those ToA melee bonuses aswell as overcaps of course he's going to hit hard :E

would be interested to see how he get's all those caps while using Legendary Weapons, since +melee/style is only on Torso, Gloves and Weapons.
Quite sure that Arraudry got it capped, but you don't want to know what she hits for.

How about you post your template Sapios ?

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Complaining for ages about how gimped Shadowblades are while having a 1160 dmg PA in sig looks silly. ;o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom