To albs, hibs and mids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jollz

Loyal Freddie
This has been said time and time again why do mid/hib stealthzerg its simply because you get to amg and find 8+infl/scout/mincer's camping the BM's. You still want us to solo. I still duo untill it gets silly then I try and get a grp going to clear the gate or I just go and lvl an artifact. The other point is how can we be expected to solo when the old highest rr infl NEVER solo'ed and now the new highest rr infl NEVER solo's.. so go figure :eek7:

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Sapios said:
Cylian i nerfed my stealth, my envenom, my resists and my RAs in order to hit so hard

If you are not happy with your spec do the same

Second, if you had purge you would win the fight

Third, would u prefer this fight or me killing you when u were at 10% after killing Samac instead of /cheer?

ROFL "if you are not happy with your spec do the same" and what spec is that exactly for a SB... And plz tell us how the feck it is possible nerfing the other lines with 2.5 specpoints, makes me giggle when infils really think that sbs are about same as infil dmg wise and tools available to the class. And nerf winning a fight 1 on 1 after being hit bye a PA for 600dmg.. WAKE UP and realise its unbalanced.. or will that take the fun out of the game??

And as far as the BB conversation is concerned it pretty much shows how "leet" all who play infil are and in true denial of fact. Infils stay close to amg-apk so they have resists up. AF buff is permanent. End regen was never ever permanent it was time based wich usually ment that sbs had end reg til they got passed mmg. And mid stealthers actually move amg-apk = loose end reg. And then theres the you got 20% haste. To have that you have to have 2 BB accs and so far ive seen 1 yes 1 person who had 2 accs available to him - LARRE. So in conclusion mid stealthers had endreg for a few meters yes.

Well still there are sbs out there getting kills like Dwera well I know he isnt popular here on the forums but a skilled player yes and theres a side note to that how many poisons you apply again during a fight Dwera. Think he has 2 sets of weapon switching in fight just to be able to compete. Most infils these days dont even apply poison any more cause they simply dont have to..

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:
ROFL "if you are not happy with your spec do the same" and what spec is that exactly for a SB... And plz tell us how the feck it is possible nerfing the other lines with 2.5 specpoints, makes me giggle when infils really think that sbs are about same as infil dmg wise and tools available to the class. And nerf winning a fight 1 on 1 after being hit bye a PA for 600dmg.. WAKE UP and realise its unbalanced.. or will that take the fun out of the game??

Perhaps you should wake up? all assassins has the same damage table, so a Shadowblade with 50 Sword, would have the same dps/ws as a Infiltrator with 50 Slash.

And which tools does infils have which Shadowblades dont? Duel wield, which has 70% ish chance of hitting with 50 spec? where Left Axe is 100% hit.

Reason Shadowblades doesnt hit as hard as a infiltartor, is Spec AF, should try read some tests on vn perhaps? infils goes down just as fast as an SB without spec af.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Sobek said:
And which tools does infils have which Shadowblades dont? Duel wield, which has 70% ish chance of hitting with 50 spec? where Left Axe is 100% hit.

though with Dual Weild you dont get a penalty when using an offhand weapon, with LA you do (i think it only does 80% damage or something if not maxed)

Dardalion

Fledgling Freddie
I solo'd my ranger from lvl 1 - lvl 50 (like many players) ... i solo'd my ranger from RR1 - RR4 (like many other players) ... i stopped playing my ranger for a while as i got a bit fed up of being twatted by anything from 2-8 other players.

If memory serves correct i probably only used to average 20k RP's a week solo, unless there was a nice keep defence somwhere (anyone remember the days of /cg join trelawney when we used to hold bled for days with hordes of trebs ? ) but im not an RP whore i just enjoy the fighting.

Post ToA i have a few arti's, still have a gimped s/c set up as i need more items & i still solo occasionally, i do however grp with my realmates a whole lot more & the last week i was active i made 60k RP's (not massive but im happy with it).

If my enemy groups so will i <shrug>, if hibby stealthers do start to solo it doesnt take long for a duo to camp ligen => Ailline => Bolg => & pick us off on the run, throw in the occasional BD who hide's behind raemmons tower & of course mincers into the equation then you have to some sort of masochist to want to solo in Emain.

And before you mention HW or Odins, camp anywhere there & if your lucky enough to find a solo class you may actually win against, and if you do win it takes all of 1 or 2 ports for a duo/trio - fg to come find you.

On a final note though, once i get past 2 million realm points & i get a few more active RA's i too may return to these boards & whinge that no one will solo me.

/regards
Dardalion.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Sapios said:
haarewin: What is ur char, where did i meet you, what do you mean by saying "you just garotte spammed me"

and "of the fights you met me solo"

Did you ever meet me grouped?

Please explain

my char is bilbalina, still nooblet ns (rr2, yay.. :<) and by garrote spamming, thats what i mean, you used only garrote vs me when you evaded a fair few times (dragonfang = dead luri), and i wasnt trying to run. by 'met you solo' i refer to the fact that its ridiculously stealth zerged at /near amg (and that is therefore, referring to the only fights i'd had against you solo. i'm not saying you were grouped, but i have been added on by archers the other 2/3 times - BOTH sides)

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:
Perhaps you should wake up? all assassins has the same damage table, so a Shadowblade with 50 Sword, would have the same dps/ws as a Infiltrator with 50 Slash.

Reason Shadowblades doesnt hit as hard as a infiltartor, is Spec AF, should try read some tests on vn perhaps? infils goes down just as fast as an SB without spec af.

how about vanish + pa. how about being able to spread points out more on other lines while getting 50 in weapon, how about using a dex based weapon..... you seen the sb vs infil movie test. both where RR6+ sb won like 2-3 of 20 fights....

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
Prudil said:
-You play a class which HAS the potential to solo
-You play a realm wich has the largest stealther population (by far), meaning there is always backup or adding (keeps you alive longer)
-You play a realm wich has the most "overpowering" BB, cleric with spec AF, wich is an unbalancing factor alone in a pure melee-war (stealther war)
-The other realms have stealther oponents wich your class and realm dont need to fear, the alb stealther combo is lethal, also for random FGs from the oposite realms.
-Alb stealthers have less downtime from death to action again, due to groupable stealthers with speed (read: mincer)

can close thread now, spot on ;) :clap:

Gorryk

Fledgling Freddie
This whole stealth war thing is stupid.

Albs have the best stealther, so that makes it ok for the other realms to duo? By the same logic, 2 sb's are more powerful than 1 alb stealther which makes it ok for albs to duo.. You can iterate that argument until you have your zerg vs zerg fight. It gets you nowhere... It's the same argument which is the reason ebhind buffbots too.. no one seems to like being at a disadvantage in this game.. If you know there is a higher rr stealther than you out there, bring a friend etc.. Personally, I also only solo and I enjoy it. Sure I run into higher rr fully toa'd sb's when I'm not toa'd and solo, with at best slightly gimpy rejuv cleric buffs and often no buffs at all. But when I kill someone whilst at a disadvantage, it makes the fight all that more worth while. Overcoming the odds and getting a well earned victory > f8/assist -> stick -> garrotte spam with 3 other stealthers.

If you complain about the amount of alb stealthers at amg... don't go there... It will always have alb stealthers there. It is OUR milegate.. some people will protect it to stop enemy stealthers getting through and preying on soloers leaving apk. Others will just happen to be passing through as you get there. It isn't like we can avoid the bloody thing you know... You go there because you know thats where the enemies will be so don't whine when you find yourself outnumbered and stick to more diserted areas.. Same goes for the albs/mids who whine when they get wiped by "zergs" while camping pk's... Generally people tend to port through at once so you'll find a big zerg of people leaving after a port.

Do any of you stealthers who do nothing but group actually have fun with the mindless stick/spam routine of group stealth warfare? I certainly don't have fun having groups kill me but those solo fights really make it worth while. :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:

beside that the majority of infiltrators is using Str/Dex based weapons which gives them about 100 WS more while being barely affected by Str/Con debuffs,
a Shadowblade would need 50 Base LA + 11 from Gear +RR10 + Duelist Reflexes 5 to get back to 100% base damage.
Furthermore is the to-hit for the offhand only based on LA specc, NOT on weapon specc as it is for Infiltrators. And it only swings every round, not hit.

Perhaps you should wake up ?

P.S. still waiting for some log that shows that it's all balanced. For some reason no one everyone posts one.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Sapios said:
Cylian i nerfed my stealth, my envenom, my resists and my RAs in order to hit so hard

If you are not happy with your spec do the same

Second, if you had purge you would win the fight

Third, would u prefer this fight or me killing you when u were at 10% after killing Samac instead of /cheer?

ive had a rr1 inf hit me for the same ammount :(

and its hard or close to impossible to find 1on1 fights in emain. Want 1on1 fights? head somewhere else, tho it wont be as good rp. Thats what i have done.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:

what tools a SB dosnt have vs an inf:
a) beeing able to spec 50 weapon without gimping some other line.
b) having best str/con debuff at rr2. Hardly any SBs speccing 35 venom at low rr now days to get it, mostly around 25 - 30 venom
c) LA having 62.5% of the dmg DW dose, and at L50 DW hits way more then the equations make them out to do. meaning that an inf has higher offhand dmg output then me as a SB with 40 LA +dr2 +11 +7 from rr.
d) spec AF wich is equal to about ap1.4 i think it was.
e) (should of been first but hey) 2.5 spec points.

its pretty silly to try and compare the inf to the SB class. They arnt equal in any possible way.
For me to beat an inf i need to have purge up and i need to land PA. If i miss PA i have about 80% chance to loose vs any rr inf.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Gorryk said:
This whole stealth war thing is stupid.

Albs have the best stealther, so that makes it ok for the other realms to duo? By the same logic, 2 sb's are more powerful than 1 alb stealther which makes it ok for albs to duo.. You can iterate that argument until you have your zerg vs zerg fight. It gets you nowhere... It's the same argument which is the reason ebhind buffbots too.. no one seems to like being at a disadvantage in this game.. If you know there is a higher rr stealther than you out there, bring a friend etc.. Personally, I also only solo and I enjoy it. Sure I run into higher rr fully toa'd sb's when I'm not toa'd and solo, with at best slightly gimpy rejuv cleric buffs and often no buffs at all. But when I kill someone whilst at a disadvantage, it makes the fight all that more worth while. Overcoming the odds and getting a well earned victory > f8/assist -> stick -> garrotte spam with 3 other stealthers.

If you complain about the amount of alb stealthers at amg... don't go there... It will always have alb stealthers there. It is OUR milegate.. some people will protect it to stop enemy stealthers getting through and preying on soloers leaving apk. Others will just happen to be passing through as you get there. It isn't like we can avoid the bloody thing you know... You go there because you know thats where the enemies will be so don't whine when you find yourself outnumbered and stick to more diserted areas.. Same goes for the albs/mids who whine when they get wiped by "zergs" while camping pk's... Generally people tend to port through at once so you'll find a big zerg of people leaving after a port.

Do any of you stealthers who do nothing but group actually have fun with the mindless stick/spam routine of group stealth warfare? I certainly don't have fun having groups kill me but those solo fights really make it worth while. :)
Ok, the difference between an SB and Inf is a whole lot, they perform better (2,5 spec points), they have more utility (styles and chains) etc etc. They outperform the SB in every way (except SBs have ~more hp and can 2h-PA!11). But the stealther balance gets just silly the second you add a mincer to the mix. If u fail to see that, then you're prolly one of the above mentioned "No-brainers" and "Garote spammers".

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Derric said:
What styles/chains is it that adds so much utility? ;o
Take a guess :) I'll ow u a beer irl if u guess correct 1st. time :D

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
I'm guessing you're talking about Dragonfang, but soon you can't whine about that anyways.

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
Prudil said:
Ok, the difference between an SB and Inf is a whole lot, they perform better (2,5 spec points), they have more utility (styles and chains) etc etc. They outperform the SB in every way (except SBs have ~more hp and can 2h-PA!11). But the stealther balance gets just silly the second you add a mincer to the mix. If u fail to see that, then you're prolly one of the above mentioned "No-brainers" and "Garote spammers".

Did you use the wrong quote in this reply ?
Because Gorryk never wrote anything that would need that reply. :)

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Derric said:
I'm guessing you're talking about Dragonfang, but soon you can't whine about that anyways.
I officially ow u a beer :clap:

Yes, and its getting hit by the nerfbat. Wich is a tiny step in the right direction. Still slash infs (Araudry and similar Infs/spec) hits like a truck and is "un-addressed" after the Dragonfang nerf. So that nerf is just a tiny detail to balance out the stealther classes in DAoC.
A few more dmg-wise tweaks to Infs + range on Cleric spec AF (like they "ranged" -end.reg- on shammies) + remove mincers stealth (tho never gonna happen). Then we _might_ be where "stealth wars" should be.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Krait said:
Did you use the wrong quote in this reply ?
Because Gorryk never wrote anything that would need that reply. :)

Nope, some of it was an answer to him, rest addition to the ongoing discussion.

Anything else I can help you with?

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
None of it was in answer to anything that Gorryk wrote.That is why it looked like a wrong use of quote.

This seems to be that you have trouble with your comprehension and your manners leave something to be desired as well.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Krait said:
None of it was in answer to anything that Gorryk wrote.That is why it looked like a wrong use of quote.

This seems to be that you have trouble with your comprehension and your manners leave something to be desired as well.
Sigh I hate having to feed stuff manually to people.

Gorryk said:
Albs have the best stealther, so that makes it ok for the other realms to duo?
The fact beeing that the current situation, were not facing just duos, trios, guad's and quint's are just as "normal" to see out in emain (from both alb and mid). My point beeing that the diff between SBs and Infs is so huge, that when met on equal numbers/terms, the Inf will have the "uperhand" anyway and prawn the SBs due to huge technical inbalance. SBs will only win if outnumbering, beeing lucky or beeing higher RR. Or in some cases having more skill....this beeing the exception, not the rule.

Gorryk said:
By the same logic, 2 sb's are more powerful than 1 alb stealther which makes it ok for albs to duo
In this senario the Infs duo partner is _most_ likely a Mincer wich again makes the inbalance even greater (combined). And whoever fails to see that must be either biased or simply ignoring the facts.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Aye, I'm all for range on spec af / spec haste. I'm all for range on every buff. So every step is a step in the right direction.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Prudil said:
Or in some cases having more skill....this beeing the exception, not the rule.
Just to avoid beeing mis-quoted again. Im not saying the general SB is "skilless". Im saying that even a good skilled SB will/can loose to a newb/low RR Inf, due to Infs overpoweredness. Same goes in duo's/trio's++. Hib/Mid stealther team will get prawned due to alb-stealther-combo is so fucking "off-target", balance-wise.

Just had to underline that! :)

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:
) LA having 62.5% of the dmg DW dose, and at L50 DW hits way more then the equations make them out to do. meaning that an inf has higher offhand dmg output then me as a SB with 40 LA +dr2 +11 +7 from rr.

LA doesn't remain at 62.5% any more than DW stays at 25% chance to swing, whatever the reasons why infs have higher DPS, this isn't it, and I don't buy into "DW hits way more than the equations make them out to do".

It's not like the reasons are lacking either, AF buff, different weapon/dual wield specs due to infs having 2.5 spec points, faster speed, str debuffs or the simple fact that indeed LA hits not as hard but more often by design (for same DPS though) ...

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
Sapios said:
I believe that running solo will enhance your playtime, make you a better player and give you appreciation between your enemies at least.

Please reconsider

So true its scary,zerging and pressing your anytime style is will not gain you anything apart from elite 100 realm points.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Derric said:
What styles/chains is it that adds so much utility? ;o
PA/CD/SS, Dragonfang, Hamstring, Leaper, Rib Seperation

No SB could could get close to that and still have enough points for 50 weaponspec and the lvl 47 str/con debuff

Best we can get is

44 weapon
34 CS (PA/CD)
39 LA (Comeback, Frosty)

So there you have it. An infil gets more utility out of there spec lines than an SB could dream of.

Ohh and im backing Sapios up on this. The times ive been in emain ive only ever seen him leave apk solo. Hell he even has conc left on his bb to buff me.

Solo is pretty much out of the question for most stealthers now. Duo at the least but it shouldnt be like that. Blame it all the kiddies tbh.. and derric he started it all tbh imho fyi.

emma

Loyal Freddie
OR if you auto-trained stealth.

41 Weapon
39 CS
39 LA
35 Stealth
23 Envenom

But then its gimpy weaponskill. Crap envenom just for an extra style in a chain, and about an extra 40 dmg on PA cap which you never hit anyway unless they sit down or you have all melee relics.

Similar template for an infil :/

50 Weapon
39 CS
30 DW
35 Stealth
35 Envenom

Thats the problem we face. not only do infils hit harder due to higher weaponskill, but we loose 10-20% of our already pathetic damage because of spec AF (not an infil problem, but a realm balance issue)

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:

First off infils get more skill points = better alround spec with 34 stealth, 50 weapon etc. Afaik (i dont have a stealther and it never interested me much to learn about the mechanics of weapons etc) alb weaps are str/dex whereas mid ones are pure strength, meaning the debuff penalises the mid stealther more. Spec AF helps as well and the stuff you say about Duel wield vs Left Axe.. Mids dont 'hit' 100%, they swing 100%, there's a huge difference :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom