tl-report-answers

D

Draylor

Quote of the day - from feedback to chanter TL report: "the overpowered Mana line"

Bring on the nerf bats - please :)

A

Arnor

thx dray, ill fix it

snippet from the necro tl-report :eek:

Bugs

Bugs
- Power consumed though spell isn’t cast
This has become more dominant due to the addition of the new LOS rules. Power is lost when a target is not in view to the pet, and the command for the pet to cast a spell is given. The pet will have the spellcasting animation, and will appear to have completed the spell, but the “Your controlled -pet name- can’t see its target!” message will pop up, and power will be consumed. Power is /also/ consumed when the pet is stunned or mesmerised.

Response:
"We're looking into this, after you buy Trials of Atlantis of course. No timeframe, of course. Possibly just before we take the servers down in a few years."

- Necromancer pets take full duration from stuns/mezzes/roots/snares
With 26% energy resists, the necromancer pet was being mezzed for full duration from a sorcerer mez. -

Response: "There are too many technical hurdles to make resists and mesmerize duration work fairly for the Necromancer."

- Critical hits doing more than 50% of base damage on Necromancer pets
With the exception of berserker vendo crits, 50% crits in RvR are not possible. This is not true for the Necromancer class at the moment. This was fixed in 1.58, but was broken in 1.59 and 1.60. -

Response: "zzz...I'm sorry, I fell asleep. What was the issue again?"

- Cleric healing
Clerics have to manually target the pet in order to heal it. This can be rather chaotic in huge battles where there are many similar looking pets. I play a 50 cleric myself, and I rely exclusively on the mini group bar to heal my group. Spread heals are also not affecting the pet, but group heals are. -

Response: "Buy TOA."

- All other bugs and suggestions including making the Necromancer pet 100% of the caster's level and having the ability to summon any pet you choose rather then just the Abomination -

Response: "You know what, I'm on the clock here. Why don't you just buy TOA and we'll look into it. You know you're our top priority. Shall we say, January 2004? A ha, a ha ha ha. Oh by the way, due to new technical hurdles, we will be reducing the Necro pet level to 4. The pet will ONLY be able to run in random directions, and will come with a big red X painted on its back."

N

-Nxs-

Not far from the truth there Arnor, it looks like the constant response is - Fixed in TOA/RvR packs. Guess they have to make some more money somehow.

F

Flimgoblin

actually they say "We'll fix it when we're breaking that bit of code for something else in ToA" - doesn't mean you have to buy ToA to get it.

A

Arnor

btw, how can a TL say stuff like this:
The Mez reduction chant, while well received is not seeing use in the battle field due to the heavy use of purge by realm mates, perhaps dropping it down a spec or two (ie 27/37/47) would encourage more usage, or raising the percentage reduced by 2 or 3%. Right now the consensus seems to be that the group mez reduction chant is of little worth above 39.

he's complaining that the mezz-reduction chant is being outperformed by purge, i mean, WTF?!

K

klavrynd

Brilliant Aura of Deflection is an overpowered realm ability in the currently implemented resist scheme of the game. I would suggest changing the ability to bring the entire group to the resist cap (not to add over the cap) for a duration of 30 seconds, every 15 (rather than 30) minutes. Additionally, with these changes, I would suggest dropping the cost from 14 to 10 rps.

i don't get it...

A

acei

They suggested switching stun with PBAOE mezz? They can **** off that would be a nerf not a improvement! We're the only class in albion with castable stun, if they put it into spec then very few clerics will have it!

They should listen to the cleric TL asking for CC not suggest nerfing our current CC!

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by klavrynd
i don't get it...

You missed the bit where he said:

"I would suggest changing the ability to bring the entire group to the resist cap (not to add over the cap)"

That's the nerf he is suggesting and he thinks it is viable enough to then ask for reduced cost/ timer. (What a chancer ;/ )

V

Vell

No Healer one? While I believe that healers are a well-balanced class at the moment, I am slightly concerned for the aug healers amongst us. As I'm sure you all know, the only spells worth getting (from a RvR viewpoint) in the Aug line are the resist buffs, and with the up-and-coming resist review, I'm not entirely sure what role Aug healers will have anymore. Of course, it depends what the actual review contains, but I think Healer will be the worst affected of all classes that have the resist buffs. All others have spells in their buff line that make speccing in it worthwhile, but healers sadly do not. So once again, the Aug line will become one that no-one specs in, which would be sad.

N

Nichneven

I think we should nerf mythic. Take away all their donuts and coffee... then see how much they whine at US.

"Well we don't have any specific plans to replace your jelly donut but revisit this sometime in the future and we will consider looking at the balancing of all types of donuts."

:rolleyes:

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Nichneven
FYI I need more than 1 hug to satisfy me ;)

/hug /hug and a /kiss ? :D

Oh and no plans to change the effectivness of BoF ? :p @ Arnor.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Kagato.
/hug /hug and a /kiss ? :D

Oh and no plans to change the effectivness of BoF ? :p @ Arnor.

why you think i got 1 lvl 50 tank and 3 50 casters? :p

Ill get you somehow! ^^

T

Tasans

When we do the RA review, we'll be tallying up how things are stacking up. By design, BoF should overwrite any other damage reduction buff, but not stack with it.

Well its something.

D

Draylor

Armsman report finally turned up. Sadly Mythic decided to whine about the TL not following the TL report template perfectly rather than give any worthwhile responses.

Still the replies are here

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Draylor
Armsman report finally turned up. Sadly Mythic decided to whine about the TL not following the TL report template perfectly rather than give any worthwhile responses.

Still the replies are here

Thats pathetic, 4 times he just whines about how many words are in the paragraphs without even answering the TL's questions.

:puke: Mythic

A

Arnor

Thats pathetic, 4 times he just whines about how many words are in the paragraphs without even answering the TL's questions.

:puke: Mythic

its true, but he shouldve kept to the guidelines that TL's have on their reports

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Arnor
its true, but he shouldve kept to the guidelines that TL's have on their reports

Granted, but I don't see why he can moan at the number of words and not even make any comment on the issue the TL raised, got no problem with him giving the TL a slap on the wrist but he should still answer him for the benefit of all Armsman out there.

T

Tasans

Granted, but I don't see why he can moan at the number of words and not even make any comment on the issue the TL raised, got no problem with him giving the TL a slap on the wrist but he should still answer him for the benefit of all Armsman out there.

They said they will be looking to a minor end regen, and are looking at the double spec. I dont get it what else arms want to be able to compete? God mode and power attack?

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Tasans
They said they will be looking to a minor end regen, and are looking at the double spec. I dont get it what else arms want to be able to compete? God mode and power attack?

If you actually read what im complaining about before accusing me of wanting 'god mode' you'll see that im complaining about him NOT answering the TL's questions on 4 accounts and just warning him about how many words he is using, at no point did I ever mention the double spec or minor end regen issues or anything else for that matter.

However if you want to bring those into it, I still don't think end regen will make any differance unless your in a rare one on one dueling situration. With each realm already having a class providing near endless endurance and potions, endurance regen really isn't going to help that much.

I do hope however that they come up with a better fix for the double speccing, I don't mind the concept behind it, but they should be more damage reward for the amount of spec points it consumes from a characters template.

Users who are viewing this thread