tl-report-answers

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Kagato.
No armsman one, typical. I'd love to see Mythic justify the current state of the advanced weapon specing in albion.

there's quite a few missing - the guy's going through them in the order he received them, so not all of them have been given feedback yet.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
please post some logs

unless you mean the growth rate on rage/revenge is slightly higher than ragnarok..

so if you style at an armsman they can do more damage - wow, what a great tradeoff for no defence ;)

they say that the dmg-caps on polearm is higher, pl my hero to 50 and we can test ^^

dont have logs, but *shock*horror* it makes sense :p

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Arnor
they say that the dmg-caps on polearm is higher, pl my hero to 50 and we can test ^^

dont have logs, but *shock*horror* it makes sense :p

polearm damage cap is higher - on rage/revenge

also on normal styles since you can get a 6.0 speed polearm and max is 5.7 I believe for a 2h warrior?

higher cap != higher damage.

O

old.Emma

I cant wait to see what they have planned for the resist changes.

The system ive heard about gives a nice boost to pbae damage but reduces the damage debuff nukers can do.

imho i`d love to see pbae dmg drop down to a reasonable number instead of getting clobbered for 500 dmg every 2 seconds.

funny how the game has progressed though, back in time wizards/runemasters/elds were considered the damage dealing casters. no longer the case the supposidly weaker pet class's now do far more damage than the primary caster class's because of there pbae spell. obviosly wizards are still where they were a year ago, as there the class that has pbae (an underused spec as well)

K

Kagato.

you think melee reducing abilities are only about bof?

I think it's pretty fair tbh. Armsmen have the possibility to outdmg both warriors and heroes (its been tested) and then letting them have high def skills ontop of the dmg and the not-taking-dmg shit? i think it's pretty fine.

Wheres these high defence skills for the armsman? only way a polearm can out damage a warrior is if they go high in pole leaving them with very little parry. High damage means little to no defense, unlike the warriors and heros who get both.

A

Arnor

Wheres these high defence skills for the armsman? only way a polearm can out damage a warrior is if they go high in pole leaving them with very little parry. High damage means little to no defense, unlike the warriors and heros who get both.

a) you have more absorb

b) warriors dont have more parry

c) shield only helps when you have it out, and when ppl are attacking you from the front, cept for guard ofc.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
also on normal styles since you can get a 6.0 speed polearm
Oh be fair about it please. As far as I know there are no 6.0 speed thrust/crush polearms, and only 2 6.0 speed slash.

1 is a 93% quality drop - is anyone going to use that?
The other drops only from the boss of the SI epic dungeon (Apocalypse), so is about as rare as youll find.

The slowest crafted slash polearm is 5.8speed - all the others are faster in the speed range thats available to all realms.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Draylor
Oh be fair about it please. As far as I know there are no 6.0 speed thrust/crush polearms, and only 2 6.0 speed slash.

1 is a 93% quality drop - is anyone going to use that?
The other drops only from the boss of the SI epic dungeon (Apocalypse), so is about as rare as youll find.

The slowest crafted slash polearm is 5.8speed - all the others are faster in the speed range thats available to all realms.

doesnt matter if it only drops of a realm guard at your borderkeep once a millennia, you _CAN_ get it, which makes it one hell of alot more attainable then for us (atleast in 1.49 :p )

D

Draylor

Oh I know Arnor.

But when someone makes it sound like we have an advantage that in reality doesnt really exist I cant help commenting :)

F

Flimgoblin

slower weapon ain't an advantage anyway ;) just means you get to go OMG UBER L33T DAMAGE! on a grey.

and hit PBT that much more often.

S

ssera

Originally posted by Draylor
Oh I know Arnor.

But when someone makes it sound like we have an advantage that in reality doesnt really exist I cant help commenting :)

Doesn't this sort of thing happen all the time tho? Usually big whine threads start with "OMG xxxx hit me for 2384237523742375 dmg!!! Nerf!!!" even if the other 132000 times they fought xxxx they only got hit for 60 dmg. A bit like saying zerkers hit for 1500 dmg every swing really...

Anyway nice thread Arnor, shame the only thing they're gonna be looking at for SB's is a dex debuff or smt =/

F

Falcon

I'd rather just see the str component of the assassin str/const debuff removed, not that I'm totally bias or anything :p

R

rynnor

I read the spiritmaster one - most interesting new thing I spotted was on the last comment where the TL was moaning about +power items

"Power should be functioning like hits, and not like a stat/resist increase. The return on imbue points spent is horribly wrong. We're going to be fixing this along with many other SC-related issues. When the system is more fleshed out we'll be running it by the TLs."

A review of SC sounds fun - I wonder if this will mean some current combinations become impossible or that old SC suits might become obsolete - I can hear the screams now :)

K

Kagato.

a) you have more absorb

b) warriors dont have more parry

c) shield only helps when you have it out, and when ppl are attacking you from the front, cept for guard ofc.

a) Negligible amount of differance that it makes, and seeing as virtually every hib and mid that can do specs crush due to this its a mute point

b) they still have more spec points spare to do with as they will by not having to spec in a base damage type

c) Exactly the same as polearm/hybrid spec no?

Face it albion has been screwed over with the advanced weapon spec, we gain very little from the whole concept. Specially when parrying/blocking and weaponskill is going to be ever more so important with the coming fixes.

J

Jaem

"Enervating poison hurts SBs worse than other assassins."

Perhaps adding a dex/qui debuff line in envenom as well?

Would add thinking to what poisons to add to your weapon before attacking the target...

Just a thought :)

H

hellraisermk2

a) Negligible amount of differance that it makes, and seeing as virtually every hib and mid that can do specs crush due to this its a mute point

b) they still have more spec points spare to do with as they will by not having to spec in a base damage type

Firstly, you'll find that crush is the most underspecced weapon/ dmg type in Mid. The most common type is slash by a long long way.

You do have a point about the spec points. What you fail to mention is that a warrior's spec is always defensive. We have NO choice as to whether we want to be offensive or defensive. Double speccing is an absolute joke I agree, but at least you still get the option to go offensive or defensive. We warriors don't.

Plate Vs Chain: I see it as a moot point. I don't think there's much difference between the two because we do get Evade1. However if I had to choose between the two, I'd still choose plate due to effecting every single hit someone takes, rather than evade1 which is once in a lifetime.

Overall between the two classes, I'd actually say they're fairly equal. The thing missing from the mid warrior is an advanced weapon spec (the whole realm gets free 2h.. it's not unique to a warrior), and something to make us more fun in general (there ain't another character more cookie cutter than a warrior.). Armsman on the other hand have to put up with god awful double speccing, which should be looked into (but again,at least you get the option to).

Either way, this new Mythic guy is generally clueless. You only have to read the godawful shaman comments to realise he has absolutely no idea about the game, nor has he even attempted to find out things for himself.

[edit] Noted below ;)[/edit]

L

Laston

Slash eh?

Originally posted by hellraisermk2
Firstly, you'll find that crush is the most underspecced weapon/ dmg type in Mid. The most common type is slash by a long long way.

mids use slash mostly aye and hib scale is weak Vs slash :( now i know why zerkers hit me for 659 dmg with main and 109 on offhand (gerbil form ;) ) heard many tanks go rf instead as it´s like 3x cheaper and it´s better (somehow :p )

A

Arnor

rofl, pretty fucking rich to ask for det to affect style stuns too, like it isnt powerful enough already and so on.

fanks for link btw :)

F

Flimgoblin

it already does to some extent - or at least something does ;)

I only ever get stunned for 7 seconds by a slam.

Users who are viewing this thread