time to write your own music for daoc vids

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Fana said:
It takes time, its alot more clumbsy than downloading, and you will always get tracks you dont like - i.e. when you buy a cd its because there were *enough* songs on it you liked, very very seldom will it be the case that you enjoyed every single track of it, but you still have to pay for it all.

Why should i have to go to a cd-shop and listen to songs in discomfort and when i can download said album in a couple min from home? Now the question about wheter i should pay for it is another thing entierly! I wouldnt mind paying for downloading, and some sites already offer this, *but* until i can download what i want legaly i will download it illegaly. Same with tvseries and movies - i dont want to wait for 6 months or several years before i can watch the latest movies/tvseries here where i live just because some archaic distribution deal says it has to run in the US first for a set ammount of time etc. So i will download it. If i could download it legaly (i.e. pay for it, and get good quality and speed etc) i most likely would.

Its the industrys fault for using archaic methods of distribution that they lose money - in this age of high speed internet connections people arent just gonna take it like before.

so in the end ur just to damn lazy to take a walk/car/buss/whatever to town to buy the CD? :p

mind u i DL stuff to.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
so in the end ur just to damn lazy to take a walk/car/buss/whatever to town to buy the CD? :p

mind u i DL stuff to.

Just dont see why i should have to when i have 10mbit/sec internet ;)

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
In my country, we can download all we want (music/movies etc ), but we can't share it with others. ( We can download, but we can't host ).

Imo, the music-industry is gaining more from free mp3's than they are losing.
Let me explain more closely what I'm getting at:

When I go out and buy CD's, I buy only from my favourite bands to support them. Thats the way I've always done it. BUT - since I have the opportunity to download mp3's and such, I sometimes stumble over music that I never would have heard of / bought in the music-shop. I download this music. And if they continue to make good songs, they might end up on my favourite list someday..

So, what I mean is that the music industry won't lose money on music that you never would have bought in the first place, but that they accually could have a slight benefit from the free mp3's on the net. In form of the free advertisement mentioned above.

Imo - mp3's is a more efficient radio where you can choose the music yourself, and if you like it - you buy it. Thats the way it always has been done (with radio in the old days). Only problem is if people stop buying records cause they can get it free on the net: but I very much doubt that is and ever will be the case for the majority musiclovers. I certainly believe that people would want to support their favourite bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom