time to write your own music for daoc vids

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
It's been "proven" my ass, who the heck are you to say what the poster you replied to would or would not do? There is a very important difference between the whole population and individual samples that you need to realize.

Thanks dude, I`m fully aware about what I need to realize and what not. If people would always be as fair and politically correct as they expect to be treated when we´re discussing their own behaivour and their excuse for piracy copies, we wouldn´t have any problems with piracy copy at all. And btw, the smily indicates, that my statement wasn´t meant to be 100% serious, but rethorical. I´ve heard this argument 1000 times and yes, I don´t quite believe what he said.

I`m taking the freedom to assume (note: assume) what the poster would do by generalizing and transfering his statement to the entire community, based on informations and observations. Just like the "other side" is taking their freedom to generalize in the same way, saying "if CDs were cheaper, people would generally buy more". Who the heck are they to say what other people would do? That´s just the rethorical level of this discussion. That´s by no means a disrespect against the poster.

Did the person you quoted say he was copying the music? Where did he mention anything about downloading music? Am I wrong? As far as I can see he just said that he didn't buy CD's because he'd rather just listen to it on the radio.. radio.. read what he writes, and stop imagining things.

If you´d care to read the entire thread, you´d see that I misread his post and said sorry a couple posts later.

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
He did apologise, just misread my post is all.

Music just aint my thing, i know if i did buy a cd i would listen to it a couple of times and that would be it, so just think its a waste of money. I can't understand why people pay such over-inflated prices for music cds, tbh i reckon 4 or 5 quid for a cd is more than enough, they would sell millions more if they did reduce their prices.

Don't even get me started on DVDs hehe.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Weylander said:
He did apologise, just misread my post is all.

Music just aint my thing, i know if i did buy a cd i would listen to it a couple of times and that would be it, so just think its a waste of money. I can't understand why people pay such over-inflated prices for music cds, tbh i reckon 4 or 5 quid for a cd is more than enough, they would sell millions more if they did reduce their prices.

Don't even get me started on DVDs hehe.
aye, but then those singers/producers and all that blingbling and fast cars and shit... and we wouldn't want that now would we.. :(

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
anything besides metal I can help out doing for RvR vids :p
check sig for previous productions etc :) mostly trance, ambient and filmscores

Jarod

Fledgling Freddie
Southpark - Episode 709 - Christian Rock Hard

This little cartoon explains why people shouldnt download from the internet:

Kyle: [rubs the table a bit] We d-didn't think it was that big a deal.

Detective: [pissed off] Not a big deal! You think downloading music for free is not a big deal?! Put your couts on! I'm gonna show you something! And I don't think you're gonna like it!

[A mansion, somewhere, day. The agent has taken the boys for a ride and arrived here. He leads them to the main gate]

Detective: This is the home of Lars Ulrich, the drummer for Metallica. [they approach a bush] Look. There's Lars now, sitting by his pool. [he's seen sitting on the edge of a chaise longue, his face in his hands, softly sobbing]

Kyle: What's the matter with him?

Detective: This month he was hoping to have a gold-plated shark tank bar installed right next to the pool, but thanks to people downloading his music for free, he must now wait a few months before he can afford it. [a close-up of Lars sobbing]

Come. There's more. [leads them away. Next seen is a small airport at night] Here's Britney Spears' private jet. Notice anything? [a shot of Britney boarding a plane, then stopping to look at it before entering] Britney used to have a Gulfstream IV. Now she's had to sell it and get a Gulfstream III because people like you chose to download her music for free. [Britney gives a heavy sigh and goes inside.] The Gulfstream III doesn't even have a remote control for its surround-sound DVD system. Still think downloading music for free is no big deal?

Kyle: We... didn't realize what we were doing, eh...

Detective: That is the folly of man. Now look in this window. [they are at another mansion, and they look inside a picture window] Here you see the loving family of Master P. [He's shown tossing a basketball to his wife while his kid tries to catch it] Next week is his son's birthday and, all he's ever wanted was an island in French Polynesia. [his mom lowers the ball and gives it to the boy, who smiles, picks it up and drops it. It rolls away and he goes after it]

Kyle: So, he's gonna get it, right?

Detective: I see an island without an owner. If things keep going the way they are, the child will not get his tropical paradise.

Stan: [apologetically] We're sorry! We'll, we'll never download music for free again!

lairiodd

Loyal Freddie
What they should have done is just automatically remove all the sound tracks from the videos (presumably there is some software that does it). Having said that it was probably the host that killed the site rather than the guy who ran it.

I wonder if the guy who ran the site still has access to all the videos or if the host deleted them (as requested). Also, I wonder if he can get his domain name back.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
someone should show those cockjockeys this link:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4718249.stm
People who illegally share music files online are also big spenders on legal music downloads, research suggests.

Digital music research firm The Leading Question found that they spent four and a half times more on paid-for music downloads than average fans.

Rather than taking legal action against downloaders, the music industry needs to entice them to use legal alternatives, the report said

popa

Fledgling Freddie
i download some vids via Xfire but dunno if xfire host player movie

Toxick

Fledgling Freddie
its a proven fact that piracy of music has now been the lowest ever, with 35% of music is download pirated, 45% of music has been downloaded leagly(itunes/new napster ect) and 20% of music is being bought from stores.

its ether more people find it easier to download music of itunes, then it is to download music off P2P programes,

or else RIAA are actualy winning against its battle against piracy(most doubtful tho)

in shuting down rpgfilms.net RIAA actualy have caused less people visitng hosted sites that those videos are hosted on(file planet, file stop ect) and less people visiting there advertisemnt or seeing there advertisement so they are actualy hitting other compains.

I myself have to say, when i watch a movie, and i like the music i find out who the artists are and download a bit more fo there songs, if i like i will go out and buy the album, if i dont like i will delte it off my computer. i never ever of though to listen to Disturbed, but they are one of my best bands now due to DH movie ;)

The only way to get movies hosted leagly, is only haveing 30 seconds of a song in the clip(which sucks tbh) as thats the only amount you can play publicy without getting permission. thats why RIAA are having a big disbuit against ring tones as they only play something around 25 seconds.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
That's funny :D I like that he's so cocky, I'd piss my pants if I got a mail like that.

But then again, he's most probably got counsel from a good lawyer.

Think he has studied law himself but could be wrong

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Posting here among the anger of people who lost a good site for game videos will be a wasted breath but i'll still give a go.

I've never downloaded music, never even had any "downloading" thingy. I don't mind others doing it, even if i don't condone(sp?) it.

What amazes me in the "point" that "i listen to mp3's and then buy the CD if i like it", is the fact that in most music stores you can listen to a cd before buying it. Totally free and totally legal.

Is this not a valid option? Or is it just lazy behaviour. If i want to buy a cd, i take my time and listen to it in the shop, skip tracks, browse, hmm and buy if it's good. Or just go with recommendations, cd reviews of trusted people or even occasionally because of one track.

We managed to buy cd's without downloading them before, what's so "necessary" now?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
What amazes me in the "point" that "i listen to mp3's and then buy the CD if i like it", is the fact that in most music stores you can listen to a cd before buying it. Totally free and totally legal.

Is this not a valid option? Or is it just lazy behaviour. If i want to buy a cd, i take my time and listen to it in the shop, skip tracks, browse, hmm and buy if it's good. Or just go with recommendations, cd reviews of trusted people or even occasionally because of one track.

We managed to buy cd's without downloading them before, what's so "necessary" now?

It takes time, its alot more clumbsy than downloading, and you will always get tracks you dont like - i.e. when you buy a cd its because there were *enough* songs on it you liked, very very seldom will it be the case that you enjoyed every single track of it, but you still have to pay for it all.

Why should i have to go to a cd-shop and listen to songs in discomfort and when i can download said album in a couple min from home? Now the question about wheter i should pay for it is another thing entierly! I wouldnt mind paying for downloading, and some sites already offer this, *but* until i can download what i want legaly i will download it illegaly. Same with tvseries and movies - i dont want to wait for 6 months or several years before i can watch the latest movies/tvseries here where i live just because some archaic distribution deal says it has to run in the US first for a set ammount of time etc. So i will download it. If i could download it legaly (i.e. pay for it, and get good quality and speed etc) i most likely would.

Its the industrys fault for using archaic methods of distribution that they lose money - in this age of high speed internet connections people arent just gonna take it like before.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Comos said:
Yea, right.

Yeah. Right. I haven't. Happen to work for the game industry myself and downloading things ain't my thing.

Hell, i haven't even had net at home for over a year now.

Not everyone on the net downloads stuff.

But, Fana, i do understand the point. It's simple, easy and why shouldn't it be used. I just would prefer that people would come up with a more, well, maybe secure way of people pre-viewing stuff.

I understand that now-a-days there's a snowballs chance in hell for illegal downloads to go away and i'm not saying it should. I'm just saying that there are legal ways to "pre-view" stuff, just takes more time and yes, discomfort.

But i do enjoy reading reviews of albums and then buy accordingly. It's just me.

Cadagdur

Fledgling Freddie
I download music, i won't deny that. However - if i like what i download - i go buy the album. Most of the music i listen to though the bands probably wouldn't mind lol but thats not the point, i use downloading music as a way of not spending lots of money on music i may not like - and if i do like it, i buy it :)

Heck, on the inside booklet of one of the bands it tells you that Unauthorised duplication is encouraged hehe :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Cadagdur said:
I download music, i won't deny that. However - if i like what i download - i go buy the album. Most of the music i listen to though the bands probably wouldn't mind lol but thats not the point, i use downloading music as a way of not spending lots of money on music i may not like - and if i do like it, i buy it :)

Heck, on the inside booklet of one of the bands it tells you that Unauthorised duplication is encouraged hehe :)
Snap, I heard a song in a Hunter RvR vid, this song called Atlantis by Atrocity, downloaded a few songs from it and I liked it alot, then went and ordered off amazon.

Sometimes its hard to find where to get the album from because its very unknown, not many shops have unknown bands. :(

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Comos said:
Yea, right.
I'm sorry, who the heck are you to pass a statement like this anyway? You don't know anything about the person you are replying to, and he hardly has an incentive to lie on forum where his identity is pretty much safe anyway. Maybe it makes you feel better about yourself to conveniently regard everyone as music downloaders so that you can rationalize your own activities, but you need to realize that that is just a construct of your own mind that you should keep within the confines of your own skull. :rolleyes:

Jardar

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
I'm sorry, who the heck are you to pass a statement like this anyway? You don't know anything about the person you are replying to, and he hardly has an incentive to lie on forum where his identity is pretty much safe anyway. Maybe it makes you feel better about yourself to conveniently regard everyone as music downloaders so that you can rationalize your own activities, but you need to realize that that is just a construct of your own mind that you should keep within the confines of your own skull. :rolleyes:

I read that, and for some reason thought about this,
http://danrathersss.ytmnd.com/
roflcopter!

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
I'd wish there would be more bands like the german band "Die Ärzte". They said they still earn more than enough money, so they printed on their CD Covers that you may freely share their music with everyone.

But it's really stupid to shut down that site. Even if people get that one song illegaly (who the hell extracts the audio sample of a video to get the song?), they might buy albums of an artist they didn't even know before...

vintervargen

Banned
Belomar said:

fanboi alert :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom