time to write your own music for daoc vids

popa

Fledgling Freddie
that american spirit must die

hmmm dont remember the name of the song but waz on the chain wl video
" die mf dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
soo all vids now have too be hosted out of US or torented
let donwload emule/shareaza/lime wire or any program and share and shrea all what wee can and hope the Us dont sell a copy

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
I don't buy music cd's as it is, total rip off if you ask me. Why buy when you can listen to a whole host of music free on the radio hehe.

They can shove their cd's up their well fucked farters for all i care, greedy bastards!!!

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I don't buy music cd's as it is, total rip off if you ask me. Why buy when you can listen to a whole host of music free on the radio hehe.

see... you´re one of the reasons for stunts like this.

let donwload emule/shareaza/lime wire or any program and share and shrea all what wee can and hope the Us dont sell a copy

www.get-a-clue.com

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
see... you´re one of the reasons for stunts like this.

So you're saying you'd rather spend £16.99 for 10 songs than pay nothing for listening to the radio?

I'd rather download songs insted of spending that much cash for most probably 1-2 songs I like. Which has happened several times, I buy an albim. liked ONE song. So I usually download stuff before hand.

popa

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
So you're saying you'd rather spend £16.99 for 10 songs than pay nothing for listening to the radio?

I'd rather download songs insted of spending that much cash for most probably 1-2 songs I like. Which has happened several times, I buy an albim. liked ONE song. So I usually download stuff before hand.

true usualy on all cd ( seal make good 1 all the time are exception) are few good songs and rest crap after 8 months other cd and we start again

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
*sigh*

ok... here we go again:

People ignorantly bragging "hey, I copy everything I can... why buy it when I can download it hehe kekeI´mSoClever" are partially responsible for the aggressive stance of the industry these days. If piracy copy wasn´t as big of a problem as it is, the industry wouldn´t need to respond with utterly retarded stuff like Steam or fake music CDs. It´s an endless cycle. Of course, the action of the RIAA in this particular case was complete bollocks. But on the other hand: elevating piracy copy to some form of modern RobinHooodism is similary debile.
It´s up to every customer to either say "This product is worth the price they´re asking" or "This product isn´t worth the price they´re asking". In case of a. buy it. in case of b. don´t. It´s THAT simple.
I know the problem, I´m fully aware of the fact that the industry is trying to squeeze as much money out of their customers as they can. And I fully recognioze, that music and media needs new ways of distribution because the traditional way of CDs in stores is archaic. But statemends like the one of popa are just a display of a mental state that I`d expect from a 5 year old. Where do you think will all the software and music come from when nobody´s willing to pay for it? They don´t appear out of the blue... not even in Transsilvania.

So basically my point is: YES, this action of the RIAA was unnessecary and completely dumb. But the "Copy everything and kill the industry and fuck me! I´m such a cool guy for doing this" is a fucked up attitude as well.

popa

Fledgling Freddie
yes u have a good point
but from there at take down a site who host players movie is long way is host fault ? or who make the movie and if i wanna make a daoc movie i have too ask 4 license
any of u get money too buy license 4 a damn song
let use wagner song hes death o wait some 1 get hes rigths to :puke:

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Let me make myself a little clearer, i don't buy music, i don't download music, i do not like to be ripped off. In the car i have my radio on, in my home we never listen to music. I do have a small collection of music, but this is all on Vinyl, bought when i was a kid and now i don't have a record player to listen to it on if i wanted too.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
ok... fair enough, didn´t read your reply properly then. :)

sorry

Gamah

Banned
Weylander said:
Let me make myself a little clearer, i don't buy music, i don't download music, i do not like to be ripped off. In the car i have my radio on, in my home we never listen to music. I do have a small collection of music, but this is all on Vinyl, bought when i was a kid and now i don't have a record player to listen to it on if i wanted too.

oh my god, I could never not be listening to music :touch:

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Thor... I buy more CD's now when I download music, then before.

I hear a song I might like, download the CD, and yeah.. it's all good, so I walk to the store, and buy the album. MP3 can bring ye only so far in music quality, so the music I do like I want it on compact disc.

If I hadn't downloaded their songs, I would've never bought these CD's in the last month:

Renee Olstead - self-titled album
Michael Bublé - self-titled album
Michael Bublé - It's time
Katie Melua - Call off the search

(and others)

And ohw, www.boycott-riaa.com is offline for some reason... (got bought out by Riaa perhaps?) :(

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Thor... I buy more CD's now when I download music, then before.

I hear a song I might like, download the CD, and yeah.. it's all good, so I walk to the store, and buy the album. MP3 can bring ye only so far in music quality, so the music I do like I want it on compact disc.

If I hadn't downloaded their songs, I would've never bought these CD's in the last month:

Renee Olstead - self-titled album
Michael Bublé - self-titled album
Michael Bublé - It's time
Katie Melua - Call off the search

(and others)

And ohw, www.boycott-riaa.com is offline for some reason... (got bought out by Riaa perhaps?) :(
its hard for me to say if i buy more music than i did before copying... I mean, back then i was a little weiner, how could i buy cd's with my 10 Dkr. in allowace :p now i frequently buy cd's thanks to copying so, in many cases that i know of, they should thank it (and also whine alot at other :p)

On topic...
That is so retarded :(

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
i dont often buy cds, only as a present for birthday or something..
0 $ >>> expensive albums..
also its faster/easier to download an album in 2 minutes, write it to cd in 5 minutes... than going to shop, buying it for big ammount of money.. to get the same album with same quality same extras etc.

reduce the costs of the albums and i might buy them, but not until if its like now.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
reduce the costs of the albums and i might buy them

Nope, you wouldn´t. :)

This is a common statement by the copy fraction, but it´s proven that it´s wrong. People will copy as long as the costs for a blank CD is lower than the actual disc. Dropping prices will NOT significanltly influence the ammount of piracy copies.
There was a software company back in the 90ies, trying to go that route. Their philosophy was to exclusively release games and sell them for half the "usual" price. The company went tits up after 2 titles.

However... this is all OT and the discussion doesn´t belong here. Let´s all agree that the RIAA fucked up big times here. :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone know if this just effects US sites or if a similar thing could happen to UK based web sites? I don't host many vids, but obviously will remove them from the site or remove the sound if I was asked to.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
News Just In

The person responsible was a warlock, could not get his shit insta win video posted so he had the site closed.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Retarded to say the least. :(

Time for people to find or make their own hosts for their movies now I guess?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Nope, you wouldn´t. :)

This is a common statement by the copy fraction, but it´s proven that it´s wrong. People will copy as long as the costs for a blank CD is lower than the actual disc.
It's been "proven" my ass, who the heck are you to say what the poster you replied to would or would not do? There is a very important difference between the whole population and individual samples that you need to realize. :rolleyes:

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
omg..
what the fuck!

they have gone to fucking far this time.

this is just retarded :kissit: :wanker:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Well, they aren't stopping you from making videos. You just can't use other people's music in em. It does suck that a central place to download videos is down - I doubt they want to spend time in watching every video before allowing it on the site.

Better start looking for music that's out in the public domain. Ie. 'old stuff'.

I'll look forward to seeing videos with Elvis Presley music and classic tracks. (And that will make a pleasant change. ;) )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain
http://www.sls.lib.il.us/reference/workshop/suite6.html

Righthandof said:
haha :>

but yea its really stupid.. it was a good adv for the musicians. e.g. ive bought the Disturbed album because of DH-medium movie :p

yeh i bought Breed 77's album cos of the nocturne vid :eek:

but yeh.. fucking stupid! ;x

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
*sigh*

ok... here we go again:

People ignorantly bragging "hey, I copy everything I can... why buy it when I can download it hehe kekeI´mSoClever" are partially responsible for the aggressive stance of the industry these days.

Did the person you quoted say he was copying the music? Where did he mention anything about downloading music? Am I wrong? As far as I can see he just said that he didn't buy CD's because he'd rather just listen to it on the radio.. radio.. read what he writes, and stop imagining things.

Of course the people who download 24/7 and sell cheap copies for their friends are partially responsible for the hostile attitude we see, but you are totally over generalizing here. Lots of ppl would like a taste of what they're about to buy before buying it.. that's the reason certain ppl DL music. Other ppl of course do it for the profit of selling it on cheap. That's why some companies offer music you can buy to download either full albums or certain tracks quite cheap. Where do you even get those facts about "the copy fraction" from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom