THX god for zergs!!

H

hotrat

Like I said already a sorc is so useless vs a mid fotm group, mezz won't last more than 10 secs on the tanks and unless you get all 3 healers mezzed and none of them purged they will just demezz each other.
On sight of a mid group though the 2 mend healers will break split and one go left one go right, the pac healer will stay stuck till 1500 range then try and insta cc the sorc. Whether the pac healer is successful or not doesn't matter as the MA will pick the sorc as first target, maybe the sorc can ae mezz them, but one demezz from any healer or purge or just wait 8 secs till its finished and your back onto the sorc again.

Anyway point is mezz is not good enough to bother having a cloth wearer in your group vs mid fotm groups. The sorc is just a liability and has no chance to live for long unless SoS is up. Skald insta snare or insta mezz is enough to stop the sorc kiting if SoS is down.

I agree with Hedek that 3 healers are strong, but I think you must also include the shaman, a second CC class who also wears chain armor and is the king of kiting thanks to his pbae disease. As Stubbe said in mirc the best group from all 3 realms would be 1 rej cleric, 1 aug healer, 1 pac healer, 1 aug/cave shaman, 1 minstrel, 3 light tanks from any realm. Its the support that matters!

I

ingrid

Originally posted by ingrid
put a pet or 2 on each seer in grp, start assist nuking seers from 1-4 and kite with the target the MA chooses, (should be the cleric if im not mistaken) kite before PF kicks in and ul be all but fine and will slay the fotm grp...

Originally posted by Belomar
If by this you mean you think clerics have a spirit debuff, you are mistaken. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, bring on tomorrow, going to try a caster RvR setup then. :D

nope dont think u do, i know u dont. dunno where you got that from tho...

O

old.Filip

@filip: pm stands for personal message, not public message.

ya understand you dont want all your sillyness out in the open

H

Hedek

Originally posted by hotrat
I agree with Hedek that 3 healers are strong, but I think you must also include the shaman, a second CC class who also wears chain armor and is the king of kiting thanks to his pbae disease.

I wasn't trying to say that healers are the only explanation to the Midgardian strength and that shamans were useless. I was trying to prove that it's not the savages that people have whined so much about or previously the zerks that made midgard powerful.

Now (1.65) that savages have been toned down, they'll be replaced by more warriors and these groups will still be the most powerful because in only 2 classes (healers and chamans) you get the most wrapped up together. As I said, what would really hurt Midgard is removing spells from healers and shamans and giving em to spirit-runemasters/thanes.

After 1.62 when they nerfed zerks it is common knowledge to say that mercs and blademasters are now much better than zerks but this is wrong because every single zerk in rvr is grouped with a shaman and healer.

O

o_O

I think the tabeles would turn IF or WHEN caster issues are adressed...

H

hotrat

and hybrids ^

they drew the short end of the stick when determination was given to pure tanks only :(

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by infozwerg
im not talking to you glottis, go bark on vn or stuff

Sure, as soon as you stop playing fotm classes.
Regards, Glottis

H

Hedek

Originally posted by hotrat
and hybrids ^

they drew the short end of the stick when determination was given to pure tanks only :(

With that I disagree, many people say it's because hybrids don't have determination that they don't get groups. Giving determination to hybrids wouldn't be the solution imo. While I do believe they should nerf determination to a root only reduction spell as well as reduce purge timer to 15 minutes for pure tanks, hybrids don't need determination. They need a more appealing spell line for RvR groups : adding more group benefit spells for friars (like making all their self buffs group buffs) more group spells for thanes (someone suggested fatigue regen, hell why not even though it would be too simplistic and would totally kill shamans who want to be something else than mtk buffbots) more group offensive spells for champions (aoe debuffs?). Don't pay attention to the example of spells I'm giving because I really don't know, this requires some brainstorming on TL specific boards (which I have done a lot on friar's TL board). What I'm trying to explain is that "real" works needs to be done in hybrids spell lines, not just giving (or removing from pure tanks) an RA.

Something HAS to be done around determination because this single RA has totally changed RvR to an extend that 60% of the classes are "unwanted". Mythic wanted to bring balance to a situation were tanks were laughed at in the end they pushed things to the other side, casters and hybrids are the now the ones laughed at.

And lastly, imo what would help casters isn't changing anything "directly" to them but changing all RvR into something where keep taking/defending is more appealing. And that would just be more logical "roleplay" wise. I mean in the Middle Age, people didn't waste their time hunting each others for the fun of killing, they did so to protect their frontiers and their keeps.

I

infozwerg

Originally posted by old.Filip
ya understand you dont want all your sillyness out in the open

it wasnt my pm. you may try giving another reason why i dont like your publishing of private messages.

I

infozwerg

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Sure, as soon as you stop playing fotm classes.
Regards, Glottis

if glottis barks in the forest and no one is listening, does it make a sound?

B

Belomar

Originally posted by infozwerg
@belomar: go to daoc.4players.de and dl the "black is beautiful" movie.
Ooh, missed this part at first but downloaded the movie now. Looks good, although our group was not PBAE-based but debuff based. 2 x capping air theurgists for teh win! :D

Users who are viewing this thread