SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
BBC News
"Breaking news. Reports are coming in that the M4 motorway before Heathrow is gridlocked. WH Smiths are reporting that they have almost sold out of their book "Compost". Police have urged motorists to exercise caution and remain at home except for those with composting emergencies. "

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Was starting to get a bit concerned I'd never see this particular shade of green again - great to see the place back.

GWS @Deebs ol mucka.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
aBd2D4P_460s.jpg

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Tent or hammock, but I do quite like the look of a camper van, just not sure how much I would use it.

I was looking at getting a VW transporter from work out of lease, but never bothered.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
My wife isn't into camping but I can't wait to get my little boy out for his first trip when it warms up a bit. I think it would be a nice little tradition to start that we go away camping just the two of us every year.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bit random but this ones for @Scouse and @Raven I know you two camp out, been watching this Japanese bloke lately on Youtube. Such a simple way of doing it but it genuinely looks kinda fun. Obviously I don't go out (bloody agoraphobia) I'd love to do something like that though... what's the thoughts of Van camping for you two tent lovers?
It's a big thing in the mountain bike community. Lots of converted T5's with beds and space for bikes under the bed etc. (Bit commercial but this sort of shit).

Some people make a life out of it. Mate of mine has a van and he used it for driving out 'camping' and working away from home (for a few years). Another one has a van because his missus refuses to go camping (he put a toilet in it that nobody uses all for her - so the whole thing is compromised tbh).

I've stopped in both of them on weekends when we're all away and it's bloody freezing (i.e. outside, not in the van). Good fun with the lads.

However, having a van would keep me on campsites where you can actually drive your van. When I go camping - even with a car - we tend to take our tent to the remotest and least accessible bit of the campsite. When we're camping otherwise then we want nobody near us, so a van is just a no for us really. Plus we don't really want the mod cons - we're totally happy with a trangia to cook on and then we go biking or kayaking for the day generally. The tent is just a place to sleep and if in a car we just use a two second pop-up tent (so up, pegged out > unpegged, back down, in bag - all in less than two minutes total). My ultralight goes up in about the same (it's got one pole only).

But some people love 'em. It's absolutely a trend. Vanlife is a thing (although it's a romanticised idea that a lot of people quit) - but weekend touring or longer trips away? Why not.

I prefer car, bikes on back, kayaks on roof, tent.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Just had one of these for the first time since I was at school. Lovely.

71BWfPo9T3L._AC_SX522_.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
As if the government that voted to allow water companies to spill sewage into rivers can be trusted with the environment. I bet they won't even ban plastic grass.

Embattle

FH is my second home
As if the government that voted to allow water companies to spill sewage into rivers can be trusted with the environment. I bet they won't even ban plastic grass.

Hardly surprising not as if anything is being done to stop the continued explosion in trendy wood burners.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Hardly surprising not as if anything is being done to stop the continued explosion in trendy wood burners.

Considered very off-trend these days, subject of lots of hand-wringing in The Guardian as people self-flagellate for getting one.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am off camping for a few nights next week, I anticipate getting through a lot of wood.

Most of which I will be gathering off the floor anyway and already part of the carbon cycle.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Would get locked-in and sequestered @Raven, not released as CO2.

But yeah. Camping and fire goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom