SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Unless you get rid of BMW drivers you'll never improve standards of driving, they are closely followed by drivers of any Ford ST.

Fancy some salt and vinegar with that chip on your shoulder?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hard-shoulder running is IMO possibly Highways England's answer to the government asking for more capacity, but not being willing to pay for it.

Also, Highways England don't seem to care too much about local roads that connect to their highway network. J5 on the M60 - no west-north sliproad. J3 - same story. Which leads to a junction near me, A56/Edge Lane off J6, being massively oversubscribed. All because of two missing sliproads.

The money used should be spent on walking and cycling interventions in towns and cities, as well as more public transport. It isn't my saying, but it's true - building wider roads to cure congestion is like adding holes to your belt to cure obesity.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I feel like public transport in general is good in the UK, but too expensive - not sure what other people think?

Needs improving in rural areas obviously, but I think that our train system is great.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Public Transport should be state-owned and free at the point of use for most people. It should not make a profit. Yes, we'll all pay a bit more tax for that, but how many people would be freed from the necessity of owning a car if they didn't need one to get to work?

And owning a car is a sunk cost too. If you're spending thousands a year running one, you're damn sure going to use it for those odd trips you could otherwise do on a train or a bus.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Public Transport should be state-owned and free at the point of use for most people. It should not make a profit. Yes, we'll all pay a bit more tax for that, but how many people would be freed from the necessity of owning a car if they didn't need one to get to work?

And owning a car is a sunk cost too. If you're spending thousands a year running one, you're damn sure going to use it for those odd trips you could otherwise do on a train or a bus.

Yes totally agree. I'm a big fan of trams and would like to see them more widespread as well. Only seen them in Croydon, Manchester and Sheffield.

Bodhi

Not a fan of having people who don't use public transport subsidising the journeys of those who do, or having transport provisioned by a Public Sector that couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

Plus despite certain people's attempts to make it more unpleasant, the car is still the best way to get around, especially around where I am. More comfortable and convenient, much easier for transporting things, and generally cheaper and quicker. May be different in a big city, however I don't live in one of those, so meh.

SilverHood

FH is my second home

I like the NYC subway model. It's $2.75 to use, no matter how far you go. One stop or 50. If you use the subway or bus more than 10 times a week, an unlimited pass is the most economical, and isn't very expensive, something like $130 a month.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I feel like public transport in general is good in the UK, but too expensive - not sure what other people think?

Needs improving in rural areas obviously, but I think that our train system is great.

It is literally non existent where I live, not a single bus goes through our village. The nearest bus stop is 2 miles away. Not much use to the elderly or people with kids. And Don't get me started on trains, over an hour to get to London, not including driving into town, parking etc and it costs an absolute fortune. I can drive it 45 minutes... for an 8th of the cost.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It's the same on TFL, I think it caps out around £85 a month for zones 1 and 2, no matter how many journeys you make. But I don't think that pricing is reflected throughout the country.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Needed to print something out (what year is it?!?) Because post office only accept a physical form so dug out the printer... First step in instructions is to insert the setup CD in your computer 😸

Luckily it has its own wifi and after much faffing about I discovered it has a way to print out its password which is to make sure its super secure so other people cant send stuff to your printer... The password was 123456... 🤦‍♂️

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Needed to print something out (what year is it?!?) Because post office only accept a physical form so dug out the printer... First step in instructions is to insert the setup CD in your computer 😸

Luckily it has its own wifi and after much faffing about I discovered it has a way to print out its password which is to make sure its super secure so other people cant send stuff to your printer... The password was 123456... 🤦‍♂️

At least you didnt have to buy any ink. Need to re-mortgage your house for that.

Bodhi

I've always found Canon to be fairly cheap for both the printers and ink, normally quite decent printers too.

We'll ignore their dodgy practices in the US of making you replace the ink before you can scan anything for the purposes of this post.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Are the printers expensive though?

That's the trade off right? Expensive printer = cheap ink, cheap printer = expensive ink?

The printer does cost more, it simply becomes a decision based on how much you print.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The printer does cost more, it simply becomes a decision based on how much you print.
The solution is to buy a cheap printer and buy the fake ink cartridges and keep the real ones for important stuff.

That worked at Uni!

The only printers I've ever seen in school (since I've been teaching) the only brand you see are Kyrocera ones.

They are pretty nuts though, you name it, it does it.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Its the first time ive needed to print anything at home in years, if i need to print something ive usually done it at work :D

In the end the form wasn't needed, it was to tell them i have missus right to pick up a package. Apparently they've waived the requirements for that during corona so as long as you have tracking number and some id they can scan (all official IDs have barcodes on them here for this purpose) they dont care

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I like the NYC subway model. It's $2.75 to use, no matter how far you go. One stop or 50. If you use the subway or bus more than 10 times a week, an unlimited pass is the most economical, and isn't very expensive, something like $130 a month.

The stockholm model is similar.... 37kr for 3 hours no matter where you go what you do and for a month it is 1000kr (so c.85 gbp or 115 usd) per month in stockholm county which is pretty big.

Attachments

• 1642097761857.png
    1642097761857.png
    350.5 KB · Views: 0

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Meaningless shit. Is he still her son? Is he going to inherit the land that her great great great great great granddaddy criminally took from the public by means of coercion and murder in collusion as the head of a violent criminal class?

Meh.

Edit: If he's a paedo - prison.

Bodhi

Does that mean he's the Andrew Formerly Known as Prince?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom