SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
baby due in 9 days and really struggling to get my head around how much of a life changing moment this is

My "oh shit" moment was after we first got home, was just looking at them and thinking "now what?" Hard to believe they let any old gobshites (like me) be a parent

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
baby due in 9 days and really struggling to get my head around how much of a life changing moment this is

Someone should also point out that babies don't come on Amazon Prime, they're more like a post-public ownership Royal Mail where they might sometimes deliver stuff on time if it's financially acceptable.

And don't tell @Scouse

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Any of you ever had a dream about a specific person but not actually seen that person in the dream? First for me, very weird.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Scary shit, that's the magma building up under Yellowstone, it stretches 465 miles down and is rising 2 inches per year.

1641843886194.png

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I decided once I'd torn the ceiling down that there's enough space to vault it, so today I did that. I used slightly thin joists because it only has to support the weight of the ceiling, nothing else. Tomorrow will be about reinforcing it a little by attaching it to the purlin above, and putting some spacers in so it looks a bit like a grid. And then electrics. Day after, hopefully, insulating and boarding it back up. Oh and because I've vaulted it I now have to build a big triangular frame on one side so you can't see into the loft.

IMG_9406.jpg

Also discovered something the previous owner didn't want me to see (hence the false ceiling). That'll be fixed when I eventually get it re-roofed.

PXL_20220110_154314773.jpg

Just for illustration, the old joists on the left are the original ceiling height. The new ones on the right are how much extra space I've grabbed. I haven't measured it but I think about 15-20 inches.

PXL_20220110_144207656.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I did that with a live SQL database years ago and wiped out our entire price book for about an hour...though in that case we did have a backup.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
We lost TUIs entire marketing warehouse once. Only got about 2 servers worth of the data back.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
During a disaster recovery exercise at a major bank I worked at, the regulatory reporting database cluster got corrupted.... infrastructure teams were told over and over not to do anything until database was offline. So they switch the disk storage to the backup instance while database was online, and the production and backup instances start writing to each other... 100 terrabyte database is now garbage. Took a month of restoring backups from tapes and then 3 weeks of restoring file backups to get it running again. I think we got fined a million euro a day for that mess.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I think everyone who works in IT has had one of those 'hot flush' moments when you click the Ok button and then realise that was the wrong button to click about .5 seconds later

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I think everyone who works in IT has had one of those 'hot flush' moments when you click the Ok button and then realise that was the wrong button to click about .5 seconds later

rm -fr / some/directory/I/wanted/gone

On the core Business Logic server.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
rm -fr / some/directory/I/wanted/gone

On the core Business Logic server.
I still have flashbacks to me accidentally running rm -rf in my home dir ages ago. That slow realisation and then manic ctrl-c'ing to stop it as quickly as possible. :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I, on the other hand, have never made a mistake. :)

It's a hard life being perfect.

YES. PERFECT. :eek:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Y'all are making me so glad I've just stuck to Pre Sales rather than actually having to get my hands dirty :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I once typed out a programme on my Commodore PET from Personal Computer World and it didn't work.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Well that was a monumental waste of time, money and lives then.

I can't remember the last time the M1 wasn't being worked on and 50/60 mph
What really pisses me off about this (and I've been moaning for years about it) - is that the Department for Transport is clearly chock-full of retards. They're still pushing this:

The Department for Transport (DfT) said where hard shoulders have been removed, they won't be reinstated, as they "do not always provide a safe place to stop"

Yes. Hard shoulders are dangerous places to be.

But NO hard shoulder is a really dangerous place to be. < and this is the bit that they simply cannot get through their fucking thick skulls.

But it's a simple line they need to remember: The only thing more dangerous than a hard shoulder is no hard shoulder.

Bodhi

Ignoring the safety aspect for a second - for which any retard can see that taking the hard shoulder away is a fucking dumb idea - they don't even seem to work particularly well from a traffic flow perspective, as no fucker round here actually uses the extra lane. Instead of sitting in the middle lane for miles on end they sit in lanes 2 and 3, meaning the traffic just bunches up there instead. This means half the time the traffic in Lane 4 is doing 60 for no apparent reason, blocking progress for us super important BMW drivers who clearly don't see anything less than 90 as acceptable.

Thank God for the Toll Road and M40 and a bit of normality.

Bodhi

Nah, more Toll Roads pls. Better standard of driving, more lightly policed, easily the best motorway in the UK.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Unless you get rid of BMW drivers you'll never improve standards of driving, they are closely followed by drivers of any Ford ST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom